General Trails thread (Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4) out now).

Armagon

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

Some possible Nayuta involvement might be there as well.

If Nayuta is indeed canon, then i probably should go back to playing that game.

Spoiler

Very interesting that Arteria is in the north. Hasn't it been established that Arteria was at the center of the continent?

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's most interesting to me is that Lloyd is in his pre Sen 4 look, Joshua is in his SC look, and Randy is in his Crossbell arc look in this art, while Wazy has a new look. Some folks think we'll have a core cast (the ones listed already) and have doors like 3rd to play as characters at certain points we didn't play in previous games. 

Or that this will be even more Kiseki "Everyone is here" than Sen 4 already nearly was. 

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Hide contents

What's most interesting to me is that Lloyd is in his pre Sen 4 look, Joshua is in his SC look, and Randy is in his Crossbell arc look in this art, while Wazy has a new look. Some folks think we'll have a core cast (the ones listed already) and have doors like 3rd to play as characters at certain points we didn't play in previous games. 

Or that this will be even more Kiseki "Everyone is here" than Sen 4 already nearly was. 

Spoiler

Maybe it's a time-travel plot.

Kiseki: Endgame

10 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:
  Hide contents

Maybe it's a time-travel plot.

Kiseki: Endgame

Totally possible, i mean

(Azure spoilers)

Spoiler

KeA literally rewrote history once and the "elevator" in the Azure Tree leading up to where she was had visions that showed the Erebonian Occupation of Crossbell.

And though we have yet to see it in any game, the Sept-Terrion of Time is a thing. We just don't know what it looks like or where it is. Time-travel is totally feasible with everything that's been established so far. Now how they do it will be different. Will it be traditional time-travel? Will it be Endgame-style time-travel? Is the Sept-Terrion of Time a TARDIS? Only time will tell.

You know, time is involved in some capacity in this new game.

Doing chapter 5 of SC right now, and I guess the game really "begins" now.

Spoiler

I assume I have seen the final boss.

So far it feels like playing Cold Steel 2 since SC gives more freedom in discovering areas.

As for Ouroboros I still cannot really make an opinion of them because I have not really understood the intention of anyone yet.

Kiseki 15th anniversary stream is going on right now, but obviously it's in Japanese and has spoilers.

Also a recent book has shown that even Rean/Alisa isn't canon, Rean has no canonical pairing. 

Noel from the Crossbell arc was confirmed to appear in the next game in the stream.

D-OHsonUEAAOzSJ.jpg

Edited by Jedi

19 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

In Steam's summer sale the price of Sky trilogy and Cold Steel duology is off from 25 to 50%.

Used the opportunity and grabbed Sky Third and Tokyo Xanadu Ex.

Best time to have grabbed TX, I adore the game tons but the 60$ steam price tag can be steeeep.

Then again I dno if I can talk since I got it both on steam and the PS4 SE (I liked the game that much)

On 7/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, Anomalocaris said:

...How do we get it to recognize the Instagram and Facebook ones? I can't quite seem to get them to work.

I fiddled with it a bit after my posts and it worked after like 5 minutes.

https://noisypixel.net/zero-no-kiseki-ao-no-kiseki-ps4-president-confident-western-release/

Also @Armagon might be a part title headliner.

Kondo is doing an AMA 

I asked some questions of course link will be to those then you can click in the main thing and ask yours too.

Honestly, that was a disasterous AMA. He only answered like 12 Questions, and usualy the safest ones. The only thing of note from the Ama is the fact that 3 Trails are are remaining according to plan, and that Sky arc is Kondo's favourite

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The only thing of note from the Ama is the fact that 3 Trails are are remaining according to plan

Damn, three arcs left? I thought we'd have like two at most, considering we're past the halfway point (CS4 marks the 65% completion mark of the story). I'm taking a really wild guess with absolutely nothing to back it up and say that these next two of the arcs will each be about the length of the Crossbell arc while one will be the length of the Liberl arc.

• 2 weeks later...

Also on the bright side it's not gonna be competing directly with the Dragon Quest 11 re-release. Or my current gaming priorities at the time anymore.

Since I have no plan when the Crossbell games will make it for Steam (if ever), I ordered a PSP with both parts.

Since these games are really cheap and the PSP is not overpriced either (< 100 € in total), I think it is a worthy investment.

Of course they are on JP, but I hope and think a JP spreadsheet will help me to get through.

As for the combat I should be able to play it without any JP knowledge since it is basically equal to Cold Steel.

• 3 weeks later...