General Trails thread (Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4) out now).

Armagon

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Rean x Towa or bust

I was a big fan of that one in CS1. They mashed so well together.

7 hours ago, Gemma said:

Tita’s adorable

was there ever any doubt? How can anyone not adore this cute Loligineer?

----

Emma plays a much bigger role in CS2, and i would argue she is much much more of a Main character then 3/4th of class 7. Then again, only Emma, Fie, Jusis, Sara, Millium and Emma matter in CS2. The rest might as well have not existed.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The best part is when she pulls out a machine gun out of nowhere for her S-Craft and when she's done, she goes "oooh, scary". 

Now if only her physical defense actually existed.

Edited by Armagon

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The best part is when she pulls out a machine gun out of nowhere for her S-Craft and when she's done, she goes "oooh, scary". 

''PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOOOM
HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA''

:3

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

with her super high STR + Aoe + awesome crafts? she would be op

as we see in Sky 3rd

9 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

The problem of my laptop is that the USB inpit doesn't work well. I already tried to connect it to a Gamepad, but the laptop didn't recognize it. 
As for playing with mouse: It only works on static places. I normally play in the bed, and whenever I only move it slightly, my laptop changes from keyboard mode to touchscreen mode. It reacts oversensible which is really a problem. Only keyboard games like Touhou are impossible to play for me right now because when the it's changed to touchscreen mode, the games automatically crash.

Ah, I see. Sorry to hear that.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:
Hide contents
Spoiler

Rean x Towa or bust.  He actively does things to make her life easier, and it's clear that she appreciates it.

Spoiler

I'm glad I am not the only one who supports this. Still kind of wish she was a romance option for Rean especially since they gave her a dance scene in CS1 and every other girl in CS2 had a confession scene in the dorms.

Though I don't mind Rean/Alisa either and kind of wish they just made that the only romance option since they push her the most anyways and they should have just kept the other girls platonic like they did with Towa and the male teammates.

Edited by NSSKG151
spoilers

OH BOY, TRAILS IN THE SKY SC HAS IT'S OWN LOST WOODS SECTION, HOW WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC, JUST WHAT I NEEDED, THANKS FALCOM!

I'm actually upset. Not only is the visibility shit, i can't even tell if i'm going in the right direction.

Edit: LOL nvm. You just go north the entire time.

Edited by Armagon

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

OH BOY, TRAILS IN THE SKY SC HAS IT'S OWN LOST WOODS SECTION, HOW WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC, JUST WHAT I NEEDED, THANKS FALCOM!

I'm actually upset. Not only is the visibility shit, i can't even tell if i'm going in the right direction.

Edit: LOL nvm. You just go north the entire time.

While the dungeon isn't bad, the boss is, so be prepared. Probably the toughest mid-game boss imo.

1 hour ago, familyplayer said:

While the dungeon isn't bad, the boss is, so be prepared. Probably the toughest mid-game boss imo.

I can see that

FDvE9Fa.png

That's pretty fucking bullshit. Not only can it call reinforcements, but weapon attacks (a.k.a half of your attacks) will heal it. Maybe i shouldn't have brought Agate for this since he mostly relies on his sword.

Edit: So these fuckers (the small ones, dunno about the big ones) can cancel your Arts. What actually is this bullshit? Hitting them physically is borderline impossible and they can cancel the only thing that guarantees a hit.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, familyplayer said:

SC straight up is the hardest in the series. Nightmare CS II is child's play compared to this. Iirc, this is the last bs boss until near the end of the game, though you don't even have to win that one. 

Haha, jokes on Falcom, because i cheated on that fight. But man, i don't even want to imagine SC Nightmare.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha, jokes on Falcom, because i cheated on that fight. But man, i don't even want to imagine SC Nightmare.

As stated earlier, it pretty much requires spamming of a certain character's s-craft and earth guard to win without too much luck and even then you still need some.

The boss is weak to Earth arts iirc (except the one who is immune to Arts). just spam ALL Earth Art until all are dead until one remains.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

imagine SC Nightmare

super fun imo :)

Atleast it's rightfully called Nightmare and not CS where Nightmare is Easy mode.

edit: I also see you are not using Kloe. That's Mistake #1. Pro Tip: Lichtkreis saves Asses.

@familyplayer imo the only bs boss is the prologue one.

Edited by Shrimperor

5 hours ago, familyplayer said:

SC straight up is the hardest in the series. Nightmare CS II is child's play compared to this. Iirc, this is the last bs boss until near the end of the game, though you don't even have to win that one. 

Third is considered harder, besides SC's early game that is.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bolded is for when you cry (tears of joy or sadness? You decide) while playing 3rd.

I love her S-Crafts because of this. She goes from "PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOM" to "ooh, scary!".

Then her S-Craft in SC is

Spoiler

she humming playfully while activating a satelite's nuke cannon from outer space through her laptop.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, I cried at that fight too. I think I legit took an entire hour to finally finish it.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I also see you are not using Kloe. That's Mistake #1. Pro Tip: Lichtkreis saves Asses.

@familyplayer imo the only bs boss is the prologue one.

Correction: 200CP G R A I L  S P H E R E

Also yeah, the prologue requires luck to beat on Nightmare without New Game + bonuses. Praying for Aidios is the only way to not get rekt.

Tita is cute

Yes, she is (also, not spoilers, it's just a big ass image)

Spoiler

image.png.c718e51acc39bea9f2c37608bb642c77.png

Honorable mentions to Anelace and Ries, though. Renne also counts, but for different reasons.

3rd spoilers

Spoiler

I confess that my biggest reason for wanting to play the Crossbell games is knowing that Estelle, Joshua and Renne are there (they state that on 3rd, so it isn't an Ao/Zero spoiler). I also really want to see if Renne will get the Joshua treatment or if she'll keep running away. I don't know, I just care about her more than I would normally. Damn that Moon Door and 3rd's heartwarming ending.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Third is considered harder, besides SC's early game that is.

Is it? I never had any trouble in it compared to SC, but then again, I never tried 3rd on nightmare and I used the best party members.

Spoiler

Aka Renne and Richard

That is due to 3rd's special status effects, I think. The bosses are also more tanky than usual, or that's what I felt.

also, it has (spoilers for 3rd please don't click if you haven't finished it)

Spoiler

Cassius

Edited by Rapier

3 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Is it? I never had any trouble in it compared to SC, but then again, I never tried 3rd on nightmare and I used the best party members.

Hide contents

Aka Renne and Richard

Generally due to its status effects like Rapier said, but generally difficulty is a weird thing to discuss in Trails since the Sky games weren't properly balanced around its higher difficulties while the CS games were, I've heard CSIII is actually fairly hard on its higher modes but I can't read Japanese and my pals who like the crossbell games won't let me touch my copy of CSIII without playing those first anyways so I wait again.

9 hours ago, Rapier said:

Correction: 200CP G R A I L  S P H E R E

Correction: both xD

But you don't have access to Sehai-kun all game long

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Trails since the Sky games weren't properly balanced around its higher difficulties while the CS games were

i would say Sky 3rd has the best and most balancd Gameplay in the series. CS games are not balanced in the slightest.

9 hours ago, Rapier said:

Bolded is for when you cry (tears of joy or sadness? You decide) while playing 3rd.

Ore Wa Gundamo da!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i would say Sky 3rd has the best and most balancd Gameplay in the series. CS games are not balanced in the slightest.

Reveal hidden contents

Ore Wa Gundamo da!

I meant that the Sky games originally didn't have multiple difficulties and CS always has had them to my knowledge then the actual in game balance. 

Considering a certain character in 3rd exists I wouldn't call it balanced either though. 

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

edit: I also see you are not using Kloe. That's Mistake #1. Pro Tip: Lichtkreis saves Asses.

Yes i know. I just try to give everyone equal amounts of use so that's why she wasn't there this time. Which is why one of my minor nitpicks with the JRPG genre is when you can't change party members on the fly, though the only reason it's a nitpick in the first place is because Xenoblade has spoiled me on that front (XC1 and 2 let you freely change party members on the fly but not X for some reason).

Also, in FC, Kloe's S-Craft was called Radiant Plash but in SC, it's called Lichtkries. But she still says Radiant Plash when using it. Curious as to why.

13 hours ago, Rapier said:

love her S-Crafts because of this. She goes from "PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOM" to "ooh, scary!".

Then her S-Craft in SC is

Hide contents

she humming playfully while activating a satelite's nuke cannon from outer space through her laptop.

What level does she learn that? I must know.

Spoiler

But hey, that means space satellites are a thing in this series. When do we get the Trails game that takes place in space? Call it "Trails in the Stars".

13 hours ago, Rapier said:

Oh yeah, I cried at that fight too. I think I legit took an entire hour to finally finish it.

Yeah, is that like, a thing for this series? Both FC and SC have an incredibly tedious boss fight in the mid-game, King Penguin in the former and the Jubokkos in the latter. Should i be expecting a super tedious mid-game boss fight in Sky 3rd?

Speaking of 3rd, i know SC did this but once i start up 3rd, if it detects a completed save from SC, will i get bonuses? And do the Crossbell and Cold Steel games do that as well?

Edited by Armagon

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of 3rd, i know SC did this but once i start up 3rd, if it detects a completed save from SC, will i get bonuses? And do the Crossbell and Cold Steel games do that as wel

Can't say for the Crossbell game, but you will get some bonuses for 3rd. It also happens between CS1 and CS2 (and probably CS3 and CS4 as well), but not between different series (so no transfer from Sky to Crossbell to CS).

On 27/04/2018 at 3:55 PM, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was a big fan of that one in CS1. They mashed so well together.

was there ever any doubt? How can anyone not adore this cute Loligineer?

----

Reveal hidden contents

Emma plays a much bigger role in CS2, and i would argue she is much much more of a Main character then 3/4th of class 7. Then again, only Emma, Fie, Jusis, Sara, Millium and Emma matter in CS2. The rest might as well have not existed.

Spoiler

I ended up having the Final Scene with her in CSII and it was great as well.

She's only the second best loligeener in Vidéo Game history, but she's defiinitely the cutest.

Spoiler

Jusis, but not Machias ? Putting only one of them is strange.

And Gaius gave us the best part of CS. That alone makes it essential.
No, really. CS Chapter 3 is a masterpiece,, and the only reason I ever finished the game.

The lacking of easy mode in TitS is probbaly the main issue I have with this game. However there's one big pro for First Chapter: There's a guaranteed escape from each regular battle.
If it had not been the case, I'd have ragequitted the game already. 
The enemies hit hard, even if the party has best equipment.

3 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

The lacking of easy mode in TitS is probbaly the main issue I have with this game. However there's one big pro for First Chapter: There's a guaranteed escape from each regular battle.

That's the case with SC as well and i'm guessing 3rd.

Wait, hold up, is that not the case for Crossbell and Cold Steel?

Also, in FC, Kloe's S-Craft was called Radiant Plash but in SC, it's called Lichtkries. But she still says Radiant Plash when using it. Curious as to why.

huh. in PC FC it was also called Lichtkreis

2 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

She's only the second best loligeener in Vidéo Game history

who is the best?

Should i be expecting a super tedious mid-game boss fight in Sky 3rd?

i wouldn't call em tedious (as i find em pretty fun and challenging, but i do like my games hard), but i do remember Ch4 Boss being a Bitch. And another optional boss i had to bring the 4 Opest characters with me to win.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

Considering a certain character in 3rd exists I wouldn't call it balanced either though. 

even with him you had to be careful and think your steps or you will get rekt pretty fast. 0 AT attacks won't help of you go full yolo.

2 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

Jusis, but not Machias ? Putting only one of them is strange.

Machias was a missed opportunity, hurt by the game's ''choose your Waifu''-bs

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wait, hold up, is that not the case for Crossbell and Cold Steel?

nope. only when you have advantage.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

Machias was a missed opportunity, hurt by the game's ''choose your Waifu''-bs

May I ask how so? I don't particularly see why.

Spoiler

Also, I'm glad everyone does agree that Richard is the most OP party member (or are we talking about Joshua? both are pretty damn good).

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yes i know. I just try to give everyone equal amounts of use so that's why she wasn't there this time.

Haha, maybe i shouldn't have done that. Turns out that characters don't get EXP when they aren't in the party, which explains why Kloe, Zane and Olivier are doing lackluster damage for me right now. So changing up my party is like, an objectively bad thing in SC because then the characters that aren't there just end up underleveled.

Is it like this for the rest of the series too?