General Trails thread (Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4) out now).

Armagon

48 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

After crusing the Falcom reddit, it seems the problem is widespread. It isn't on your end and I don't think you can do anything but wait. Sorry.

Yeah, I received messages by friends who reported about this issue which is on NISA's end.

Thanks for letting know nontheless!

I didn't even know that a digital release can be delayed.

It has been the first time I ever have preordered a digital game, and it will have been the last time!

Regardless if it will be released today or not, I won't start it today anymore.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Yeah, I received messages by friends who reported about this issue which is on NISA's end.

Thanks for letting know nontheless!

I didn't even know that a digital release can be delayed.

It has been the first time I ever have preordered a digital game, and it will have been the last time!

Regardless if it will be released today or not, I won't start it today anymore.

I can only speculate that NISA failed to properly communicate the launch with Sony. 

NISA isn't all that great a publisher and it's no surprise that they are struggling to stay afloat. I just hope they don't take Falcom with them when they sink.

Update: It could be downloaded.

Started with the prologue.

It will become my favorite part of the game likely because

Spoiler

playable Estelle, Joshua, Renne, Lloyd and Elie

Also the dungeon gives me flashbacks.

Unfortunately had to interrupt because I felt a bit sick.

Anyways I'm really excited how this will go.

PS: @ArmagonThis title needs to be updated badly since the game is already out.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

I don't have a PS4 so I will have to wait a little bit longer before I can play CS4. Hopefully I will be able to avoid all spoilers for the game while I wait for it to come to Steam. It's one of the few game series I actively try to play through spoiler free. Wish there was an exact release date of CS4 for Steam is since I actually want to play through CS3 again right before it comes out and to refresh my memory on everything again since CS4 picks up where CS3 left off.

CS4 is out and I've yet to play Ao. I've finished Zero half a year ago.

Yes, I know we already have an ok translation for it, but I'm waiting for Geofront's translation. And then I'll play CS2 (I've stopped on CS1 and I'll have to recap some stuff), CS3 and finally CS4.

needless to say i wish i could play already but ugh time to wait

Also for some reason the swimsuits dlc is paid in my region. What's wrong with you, brazillian playstore?

Have completed the prologue and started with chapter 1.

The first boss of this chapter

Spoiler

Roselia

caused me irritations as anger. 

The game tells me to bring the boss down to a certain % of their HP. I did this, but then suddenly they showed a second phase and started with a s-craft which caused me a party wipe out. It wasn't an oneshot since my party was injured, but still this was a dick move. The actual thing which confused me was the fact that one character had a proxy puppet equipped which didn't activate strangely. So a Game Over happened. Though it didn't seem to be a fight I had to win because there was the option to continue, but of course I want to win to get the experience and / or bonus AP. This bossfight gave me a first negative impression of this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Started with chapter 2:

Short summary of things I've noticed yet:

positive

• big character cast early on (including one new permanent playable character)
  • better soundtrack by bringing some tracks from the Crossbell games back; also like the battles themes more than in CS III
  • Rean's appearance
  • prologue

negative

• Rean's unchanged support conversations
  • uncreatively designed dungeons so far
  • kinda repetitive gameplay because it feels very similar to CS II

So far it feels like playing CS II so far aside of having a big character cast early.

However I'm not entirely sure how the time will be filled till Rean and Co. will slap Osborne.

I'll let me surprise...

I'm STILL waiting for my game to show up.  I hope it does so before Thanksgiving!  The last game I attempted to download went, uh, really badly (as in, multiple crashes during the download process).

Finished chapter 2.

Damn, the end was phenomenal for three reasons:

Spoiler
  • the cast of Erebonia, Liberl and Crossbell is merged (means huge playable cast)
  • Atrocious Raid, the very first theme in the Cold Steel series returns, in an arranged version
  • the plot after the final bossfight(s)

I'm near to the end; I'm really looking forward to it.

Beaten Cold Steel IV.

As I said earlier I liked this game a lot, more than I honestly thought.

Not only the big character cast made it fun and interesting, also it had way less slower phases. 

There was no real boring point in the game, always was motivated to continue.

Gameplaywise it's pretty much unchanged compared to III which was the best since I don't like Brave Orders, but I already accepted it.

Endgame dungeon had a similar design as the former two parts, not really anything new here.

I already got used to straightforward final dungeons in modern Trails games.

However notable is, the game has multiple endings which is nice.

All in all a very good game nontheless, even my favorite game from Erebonia.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'll be honest. I'm halfway through CS3 and I don't love it so far. I think it's slow and meandering compared to CS1 and CS2.

Didn't like it either for same reason until the end of chapter 3.

When the intro dungeon returns, the plot starts to get interesting and tense.

Finally had time to crack open my copy!  It's been an interesting ride, to say the least.  Still on Chapter 1, but I feel like I'm close to the end of it.

Spoiler

Schera's gorgeous, as usual, and I hope she's playable.  Or at least gets a bit more screen time, dammit!

And WTF is up with Ash's voice?

On 11/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bah.

Finished Act 1.  That was long, and I shouldn't be able to predict plot points before they happened.

Spoiler

I'm also fresh out of money because I can't afford to upgrade everyone's weapons and armor.  I'd need to grind the Black Workshop several times over for that!  Ah, decisions.  I don't like taking as much damage as I am, and dishing it out is difficult when your gear isn't up to speed.  I'm making it through my battles, but it's slower than I care for.

EDIT: And on to Act 2!

Spoiler

I hate bonding events.  That is all.

Edited by eclipse

• 3 years later...