[FE11] Way to Give Stat Bonuses to Weapons?

FionordeQuester

I'm using Nightmare to hack Shadow Dragon; but it doesn't seem as though there's an option to give stuff like the Falchion stat bonuses like what most other games do with their divine weapons.  Does anyone know of a way to do this, or...is that feature just not in Shadow Dragon?

Thanks for your time, and God bless you.

I don't have time to look in depth, but it's possible that this behaviour doesn't exist in Shadow Dragon. It might be possible in New Mystery because of the Star shards though.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find an answer when I have more time.

Hmm, yeah, I don't think it's possible without extreme fiddling.

In New Mystery, if you copy the 04 28 bytes from the star shards and the Starsphere, you can add your own stat boosts to weapons.

hyRWPKG.png

Alright, so I did some testing of my own...and it seems it may not be possible.  Aside from the Class ID# (which the editor itself warned me not to change), I made everything but the flavor stuff about the Iron Sword and Firestone the same (down to the Unknown values), then made all the non-flavor stuff between the Lord and Manakete classes the same.  Marth now used Dragonstones instead of swords, the Iron Sword now showed up in the "Item" part of the Convoy, the enemy Thieves couldn't use their own weapon...I made everything relevant as similar as I knew how.

But, it still failed.  The Iron Sword gave no stat bonuses; and Marth's combat animation did not change a bit.  So what I'm wondering now is...how exactly DID the game designers give Manaketes the ability to get stat boosts from Firestones?  I just don't get it...

EDIT: Waaait a minute...now I see!  So the Dragonstones THEMSELVES don't actually give any bonuses!  What's happening is that Bantu and Tiki switch classes when entering battle!  The game goes from reading them as Manaketes, to reading them as Fire or Divine Dragons!  And in doing so, it gives them the BASE STATS of said Fire and Divine Dragon classes as well!

So if I still wanted to pursue my dream of Marth getting stat bonuses from using Falchion, the Falchion itself would have to change Marth's class!  It'd have to change it to a class with much higher base stats than what the Lord has.

Hmm...anyone have any clue how to do THAT? 

Edited by FionordeQuester

13 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

Alright, so I did some testing of my own...and it seems it may not be possible.  Aside from the Class ID# (which the editor itself warned me not to change), I made everything but the flavor stuff about the Iron Sword and Firestone the same (down to the Unknown values), then made all the non-flavor stuff between the Lord and Manakete classes the same.  Marth now used Dragonstones instead of swords, the Iron Sword now showed up in the "Item" part of the Convoy, the enemy Thieves couldn't use their own weapon...I made everything relevant as similar as I knew how.

But, it still failed.  The Iron Sword gave no stat bonuses; and Marth's combat animation did not change a bit.  So what I'm wondering now is...how exactly DID the game designers give Manaketes the ability to get stat boosts from Firestones?  I just don't get it...

EDIT: Waaait a minute...now I see!  So the Dragonstones THEMSELVES don't actually give any bonuses!  What's happening is that Bantu and Tiki switch classes when entering battle!  The game goes from reading them as Manaketes, to reading them as Fire or Divine Dragons!  And in doing so, it gives them the BASE STATS of said Fire and Divine Dragon classes as well!

So if I still wanted to pursue my dream of Marth getting stat bonuses from using Falchion, the Falchion itself would have to change Marth's class!  It'd have to change it to a class with much higher base stats than what the Lord has.

Hmm...anyone have any clue how to do THAT? 

creat a new hidden star lord class maybe?

1 hour ago, hanhnn said:

creat a new hidden star lord class maybe?

Hmm...that's not a bad idea, actually.  Only problem is, how would I write the instruction for Marth to "change into" the "Star Lord" class every time he uses Falchion?

Presumably, it'd be the same way Manaketes turn into Dragons (beside the transforming animation), but, I don't know how that's done.

Edited by FionordeQuester