The Selective FE8 PME!

Dismissed

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle can be renamed "Selena," possibly have a boosted speed growth, and have the description "If Catwoman rode a horse. And was a boy."

Forde can be given yellow hair, blue/orange armor, and be renamed "Fioforde Quester" (or "Questr," if the name is too long)

Give Myrrh Fae's dragon stone animation and replace all instances of Manakete to SUPAH CHICKEN and great dragon to Cluck God

Also if possible capitalise every thing Dozla says

On 6/8/2018 at 1:11 AM, Pengaius said:

Give Myrrh Fae's dragon stone animation and replace all instances of Manakete to SUPAH CHICKEN and great dragon to Cluck God

Also if possible capitalise every thing Dozla says

I can only do the second one. Manakete animations are too hardcoded to mess with, I think.

EDIT: Beta 1.6.2 is out.

EDIT: Beta 1.6.3 is out.

Edited by Purple Mage

Rename L'Arachel to Rachel.  Rename Selena to Severa.

If possible, make armored units like General et al be immune to crits, unless from armor effective weapons.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Rename L'Arachel to Rachel.  Rename Selena to Severa.

If possible, make armored units like General et al be immune to crits, unless from armor effective weapons.

L'Arachel has been renamed Annabeth already. I don't want to rename Selena to Severa because I don't want it to be too similar to Mangs's PME.

That isn't possible.

3 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

L'Arachel has been renamed Annabeth already. I don't want to rename Selena to Severa because I don't want it to be too similar to Mangs's PME.

That isn't possible.

Darn

Make Duessel/Diesel's growths be zero percent, except Luck, which has 200% growth.

1 minute ago, Purple Mage said:

Shouldn't it be the Pentaforce, as there's five of them?

The Triforce is just the shape.  There were only two of them in the original game from the NES.

It looks like Colm hasn't been touched yet.  Rename him to Shura, and give him a Boots in his inventory.  If it's possible, let Thieves and Rogues use Bows in addition to Swords.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like Colm hasn't been touched yet.  Rename him to Shura, and give him a Boots in his inventory.  If it's possible, let Thieves and Rogues use Bows in addition to Swords.

Deal. I can't find a Bow Rogue animation, so how about Staff Rogues instead?

1 minute ago, Purple Mage said:

Deal. I can't find a Bow Rogue animation, so how about Staff Rogues instead?

Sure, if you can mix physical weapons and magic.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Sure, if you can mix physical weapons and magic.

I already did.

How about replacing the Berserker class with an armored Axe/Anima class called the Battlemage, and giving Assassins the crit bonus? Should I increase the crit bonus and poison damage?

1 hour ago, MrLze said:

could you make the summoner class use light as a opposite to the druid which uses dark and fire

Good idea.

So what do you guys think of the Battlemage idea? What should it replace? Should I replace the Hero animation with the coat version used by Linus in FE7?

1 hour ago, KnightOfNohr said:

I think Battlemage should replace Berserker (and Mage Knight, if possible)

Mage Knight is Mage Knight. Enough said.

Some more ideas:

Paladins with Light Magic

A Light tome replacing Shine or Divine with the drain effect called Resire.

Summoner Kyle

Battlemage Hector replacing Forde

I'm currently implementing the latter two. Should Battlemage retain the crit bonus? Should I increase the Crit bonus or poison damage?

Edited by Purple Mage

I'm really digging this PME so far. Some of the changes are hilarious and the game actually feels really fresh with the class swaps. I ran into some trouble on Gary Stu chapter 9, though- the Verylongbow Archer and the Thunder mage are both able to attack Eliza, and she usually dies within the first two turns. Could you switch the Verylongbow to a Steel Bow and the Thunder to an Elfire?

Also, it seems like Myrrh hasn't been touched yet, so how about renaming her "Batta", giving her Batta's portrait, and renaming the Manakete class to "The Beast"? (Keep the dragon loli animations, though)

Last thing- the Ballista enemies feel really overpowered. I'm playing on Hard mode, so that must be a factor, but they have ridiculous stat lines and ORKO half of the playable roster, including Lute, the only early-game Thunder user. Their Def in particular is really high. To make them more manageable, could you reduce the Ballistician class's Spd and Def and give Arrowspate a nerf? Some of them have been hitting 26 Atk with it, which is rough.

5b296d35dd558_ridiculousballista.png.c722a2f89bee2cad915198d954b65f10.png

8 hours ago, AppleJuice said:

I'm really digging this PME so far. Some of the changes are hilarious and the game actually feels really fresh with the class swaps. I ran into some trouble on Gary Stu chapter 9, though- the Verylongbow Archer and the Thunder mage are both able to attack Eliza, and she usually dies within the first two turns. Could you switch the Verylongbow to a Steel Bow and the Thunder to an Elfire?

Also, it seems like Myrrh hasn't been touched yet, so how about renaming her "Batta", giving her Batta's portrait, and renaming the Manakete class to "The Beast"? (Keep the dragon loli animations, though)

Last thing- the Ballista enemies feel really overpowered. I'm playing on Hard mode, so that must be a factor, but they have ridiculous stat lines and ORKO half of the playable roster, including Lute, the only early-game Thunder user. Their Def in particular is really high. To make them more manageable, could you reduce the Ballistician class's Spd and Def and give Arrowspate a nerf? Some of them have been hitting 26 Atk with it, which is rough.

5b296d35dd558_ridiculousballista.png.c722a2f89bee2cad915198d954b65f10.png

Fixed the problems. I'd rather keep Myrrh though.