Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

As much I liked the the units for this banner, it would be nice if there was rhythm or a theme considering we're 2 days away from Blazing Sword's 26th anniversary.

F!Kana: I like her, but bummed out that she isn't a red unit. Still a cinnamon roll

Shigure: I also like him, but incredibly bummed out that he isn't flier singer like his mom.

Hinoka: I'm really happy that she finally has an alt. With one that suits her to boot!

M!Kana: I like him, I just want to know how we know he's a infantry unit & not armor. I rather have something stand out between him & his mother.

Kaze: I like him, but I hope this means Silas will be a thing somewhere in the near future.

What if it had Bridal Titania?

But...I like Reina.   :(

My condolences

I think the reason Shigure can't sing like P!Shigure is because he doesn't have Azura's pendant. A Nice detail, but ironically, I think its a detail we wanted him to miss. Maybe they'll give it to him via updates?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Hopefully the coloured bow Legendary is Ryoma and not Takumi then.

It likely is Takumi. Legendary alts so far don't use different weapons from their normal versions. Ike uses a sword and Ephraim uses a lance. As for Robin, she's sort of a unique case, so she's excused.

Also, in reaction to others complaining about alts: aren't we getting 4 new characters anyways, two of them free? I think this is fine.

How can a Stance be Darting? Why didn't they name it Agile Stance, wtf!

Also really disappointed Shigure isn't a flying Singer.

I wonder why they chose Hinoka of all Kinshi Knights.

Edited by Ae†her

I want that Hinoka Fried Chicken and I want that Shigure too

Hinoka Kentucky please... I beg ya, come to me... since you hasn't appeared as your normal blue self, please Hinoka Kentucky come to me

PS: You to Disney Princess Shigure, come to joint your singer self

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

IAlso, in reaction to others complaining about alts: aren't we getting 4 new characters anyways, two of them free? I think this is fine.

Not confirmed that Kaze is free. We're already in the middle of a TT. Likeliest scenario is that he'll be shipped into the weapon countering banner or a surprise banner

I've seen rather disappointing banners before but this one takes the cake. Two alts, two versions of the same new character and the completely new character has no announced way to obtain him. Skills on units not named Hinoka are rather disappointing, though it seems IS is finally bringing the stance skills to the 4* pool. Let's not get into the fact that the undeniable alt of a rather irrelevant character is the main focus of the banner, and not the new characters. And that the banner closest to several FE's anniversary isn't Shadow Dragon, Blazing sword or Echoes, but fucking Fates.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't like fates' cast but I most definitely won't spend any orbs here. Especially when L'Eph is coming very soon

Edited by Korath88

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I've seen rather disappointing banners before but this one takes the cake. Two alts, two versions of the same new character and the completely new character has no announced way to obtain him. Skills on units not named Hinoka are rather disappointing, though it seems IS is finally bringing the stance skills to the 4* pool. Let's not get into the fact that the undeniable alt of a rather irrelevant character is the main focus of the banner, and not the new characters.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't like fates' cast but I most definitely won't spend any orbs here. Especially when L'Eph is coming very soon

I recall you having bad luck when he came out. I hope you get him this time. Wish you luck

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Not confirmed that Kaze is free. We're already in the middle of a TT. Likeliest scenario is that he'll be shipped into the weapon countering banner or a surprise banner

Oh, good point. Then I dunno.

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I recall you having bad luck when he came out. I hope you get him this time. Wish you luck

Yeah, ended up with 2 S!Corrins instead. Hope this time will be different. I'm ready to drop the cash again if things don't go my way.

I think the complaints about Shigure being another alt are kind of funny since this is technically his non-alt version. We just got the alt first in his case. Hinoka is honestly the only true alt here, and she's somebody most have agreed deserves one. Just seems unfortunate that we're on an alt streak lately so there's some heat for it I guess. RIp Reina though. Maybe she'll get to be our second archer flier then..

My only gripe with the banner is I'm not a big fan of the Kanas, so I'd rather see another child unit on the banner (Ophelia, Midori, etc) and M Kana as a GHB seems kinda meh.

@silveraura25@NoirCoreIf you look at the end of the Children of Fate trailer, there's a mini-trailer basically pasted on the end of it with details about Rhajat and her availability. Surely if Kaze is being put into a separate banner like that, they'd have done the same thing, instead of springing it on us out of nowhere like Ayra.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@silveraura25@NoirCoreIf you look at the end of the Children of Fate trailer, there's a mini-trailer basically pasted on the end of it with details about Rhajat and her availability. Surely if Kaze is being put into a separate banner like that, they'd have done the same thing, instead of springing it on us out of nowhere like Ayra.

Oh. But how will we get Kaze? The mystery deepens

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh. But how will we get Kaze? The mystery deepens

This could be another Clive situation.

Clive was added into the game with Celica/Alm army banners on Jul 13th, but he wasn't available until August's Tempest, which started on August 11th

17 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I think the complaints about Shigure being another alt are kind of funny since this is technically his non-alt version. We just got the alt first in his case. Hinoka is honestly the only true alt here, and she's somebody most have agreed deserves one. Just seems unfortunate that we're on an alt streak lately so there's some heat for it I guess. RIp Reina though. Maybe she'll get to be our second archer flier then..

My only gripe with the banner is I'm not a big fan of the Kanas, so I'd rather see another child unit on the banner (Ophelia, Midori, etc) and M Kana as a GHB seems kinda meh.

I think the fact that we now have to discuss who deserves an alt and not whether alts should exist says a lot about the current situation. For the record, I don't think anyone deserves an alt outside of seasonals and CYL. I want new heroes not "new" heroes.

31 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Also, in reaction to others complaining about alts: aren't we getting 4 new characters anyways, two of them free? I think this is fine.

Definitely doesn't feel that way for me. Shigure had to come in his original form, but being in the game for quite a while now makes him rather lackluster and less fresh, his kit isn't helping imo (fun for people wanting a wo dao lance?).

The gender pair is also irritating for me when one speaks of "different characters". Another case of a necessity to implement them at some point, no doubt, but it doesn't make me feel better about the "getting new characters" part. If anything, Kana got an alt while being a new character as well.

Hinoka is an alt, where Reina should have been, imo, but money, I guess. At least she only has one.... for now.

And Kaze... well, we don't know his deal, yet (if it's a Rhajat/Ayra thing, then we cannot count him towards this banner, but the respective one in the near future). He is new, though, and a welcome addition.

What I'm trying to say, this doesn't feel like four new characters, but more like two newcomers and three alts and I am aware that this is just my personal perception, I just wish it weren't this annoying lately.

I know this isn't legendary hero topic but since everyone's chiming in about it I'm possibly going to be the first to say this: I don't think the next legendary is Takumi. That would be 3 alts within 6 months.

@Poimagic Hinoka looks cool, I think I will do 1-2 summoning sessions to get her. Shigure got an odd set, but looks nice. I'm full of great flying lance units though. My flyer collection is incomplete anyway, since I didn't get Grima. 

@Hinoka Guess it's your lucky day, eh? 

33 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Hold up she gets Waterbreath+, but her she's a green Dragonstone too!? This banner makes no sense to me.

Perhaps because dragons can inherit weapons from other colors too, so the weapon itself doesn't has an own color? I don't know how they decide the color of a dragon unit. 

14 minutes ago, Florete said:

I know this isn't legendary hero topic but since everyone's chiming in about it I'm possibly going to be the first to say this: I don't think the next legendary is Takumi. That would be 3 alts within 6 months.

Considering the banner's name is Wings of Fate and the theme is wings, the legendary hero will most likely be a flying or dragon unit. Possible candidates: Camilla (wyvern mount), Corrin (dragon), and Takumi (qinshi mount).

16 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Definitely doesn't feel that way for me. Shigure had to come in his original form, but being in the game for quite a while now makes him rather lackluster and less fresh, his kit isn't helping imo (fun for people wanting a wo dao lance?).

The gender pair is also irritating for me when one speaks of "different characters". Another case of a necessity to implement them at some point, no doubt, but it doesn't make me feel better about the "getting new characters" part. If anything, Kana got an alt while being a new character as well.

Hinoka is an alt, where Reina should have been, imo, but money, I guess. At least she only has one.... for now.

And Kaze... well, we don't know his deal, yet (if it's a Rhajat/Ayra thing, then we cannot count him towards this banner, but the respective one in the near future). He is new, though, and a welcome addition.

What I'm trying to say, this doesn't feel like four new characters, but more like two newcomers and three alts and I am aware that this is just my personal perception, I just wish it weren't this annoying lately.

This is kinda like the Awakening banner, isn't it?

Edited by silveraura25

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Poimagic Hinoka looks cool, I think I will do 1-2 summoning sessions to get her. Shigure got an odd set, but looks nice. I'm full of great flying lance units though. My flyer collection is incomplete anyway, since I didn't get Grima. 

@Hinoka Guess it's your lucky day, eh? 

Perhaps because dragons can inherit weapons from other colors too, so the weapon itself doesn't has an own color? I don't know how they decide the color of a dragon unit. 

Sometimes it just seems like a whim. Kana-M being blue is probably a direct reference to his mom being blue and you can maybe jump through some logic on grima-m being green through some divine stuff but then you have things like green kana and colorless grima and its just like, well, we wanted these colors so that's what they are. Same kind of applies to mages, really. Did Sonya really need (Dark) Excalibur and thus be green? Halloween Henry's tome could have been anything. I'm not unconvinced Nino got the green slot entirely because they wanted green mages and her hair's green.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

This is kinda like the Awakening banner, isn't it?

Pretty much the same feeling for me, yes. I will easily forgive Morgan and Kana once (both pairs should be in the game), but once they pull a Corrin/Robin on them, I'll probably be less willing to do so again. Alt Chrom on horse was nonsense, though (again, only for me).

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Alt Chrom on horse was nonsense, though (again, only for me).

It was kinda of dick move. Chrom in the Fates kids batch isn't what people were hoping for and deserved

Edited by silveraura25

It makes sense to release new and better versions of the most popular and important characters considering it would be silly to have their original selves being powercrept to no end by other less important characters in the original games.

Otherwise, would we see the day where the game's most powerful characters will be Ralph & Vyland and amongst the weakest will be most of the lord characters?

My only grip is they should space these alternate releases more and still have them remain canon. Kinshi Hinoka is fine. Legendary Ephraim is fine. Both cavalry Chrom and tome Eirika (especially) are stupid.