Grand Hero Battle - Kana (M): Dragon Spawn (May 3rd, 2018 ~)

Coolmanio

Funny how the GHB unit has better skills than the banner it comes with. Either way, I don't intend to use him, so that's 3 copies to potentially fodder off. Hope he doesn't become the next Xander/Camus and never get a rerun until next year

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

Kana has water breath+, Dragon fang, Brazen Def/Res and Fortify Dragons. Damn, those are some really good skills to fodder.

WTF!? WHY?! I can easily see Kana as the new Xander/Camus. He will only reappear after some months for a revival. I need, in all cost, win Kana's Infernal battle.

Brazen Def Res is a amazing skill. With Water Breath, he will have +11 Def/Res! And he has really good stats! 40 HP / 31 Atk / 33 Spd / 31 Def / 29 Res. I will make M!Kana a 5 stars!

Also, Water Breath can be refined! M!Kana is great! That's my boy!

Fortify Dragons at 4* is sweet, and I was not expecting a Brazen skill to show up on a non-5*-exclusive character anytime soon.

Definitely upgrading him ASAP, and the other copies are Fortify Dragons fodder.

I kinda want to upgrade him sooner rather than later, since he's a male infantry dragon and I don't have one of those at 5* yet (I have males and females of every unit type currently in the game at 5*, save a few special cases - flying dagger/bow/ red tome/ colourless and green dragon, armour red tome) but I've just pulled two 5* lance units, and I like training people up in teams with a range of colours... plus I plan to pull Legendary Ephraim, so might be a little while before I need to promote my next blue unit to stop up the gaps.

Edited by Cute Chao

I'm not much of a Kana fan, but as someone who never got around to promoting a good Nowi or F!Corrin, a free blue dragon with good skills and stats is a welcome addition for me.  I'm tempted to put Brazen Def/Res on someone, but that's another 20K feather investment... 

I have the feathers waiting for M!Kana right now and my Saiyuki look alike team will finally have a new member, now if only IS would add Pent and I could pull Eldigan it would be complete.  I will use M!Kana over Nowi because I don't like lolis all that much.  I am actually looking forward to M!Kana now that I have seen his Heroes artwork.

I don't like being forced to fight little children, but for free units, skills and feathers I'll do anything. Plus those stats are interesting.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:08 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

With Nowi and Kana's mother being so common already, I doubt Kana is worth 5*ing... I wonder what kind of fodder he'll give.

actually male kana is extremely good. hes a moving tank. plus his base A skill is brazen def res and C is fortify dragons. Heres a set just to illustrate it for you.687CC705-22A9-4648-82A7-9740CFB549A5.thumb.jpeg.d0b2ad75504b4c47dfdb5a394f4abef2.jpeg

2 minutes ago, rhyseko said:

actually male kana is extremely good. hes a moving tank. plus his base A skill is brazen def res and C is fortify dragons. Heres a set just to illustrate it for you.

I saw his stats. He's basically F!Corn, but since he can't get natures he's not really better than her. And he's still super expensive to build properly. Nowi is just better as expected.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I saw his stats. He's basically F!Corn, but since he can't get natures he's not really better than her. And he's still super expensive to build properly. Nowi is just better as expected.

fury + renewal is pretty cheap, or you can go brazen def res and a flexible b skill with qr3 on seal. this is a little less defensive until <=80% but is a budget build.

Just now, rhyseko said:

fury + renewal is pretty cheap, or you can go brazen def res and a flexible b skill with qr3 on seal. this is a little less defensive until <=80% but is a budget build.

If you're just going budget, his base kit basically works. He needs a lot of SI to be actually good, but he's still a dragon I guess

Time to slay an innocent kid who did nothing wrong other than being in this franchise.

At least he got some nice skills though.

Edited by Ae†her

Cleared this one with Eirika, Sheena, Cordelia and L'Arachel (Def+Res Tactic bot, she didn't fight at all).

Not too hard but it took a few tries because I was scared of the Swordbreaker archer for some reason. Turns out Eirika OHKOs him and from there Sheena can take care of the others by retreating 1 square and then reposition shenanigans to let Eirika kill the Bow cav.

Got the Infernal clear. That map gets crowded very quickly.

Units used:
+Def/-Spd Elincia: Reposition, Luna, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers
5* +Atk/-Spd Cherche: Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers
+Spd/-Atk NY Azura: +Spd Hagoita+, Wings of Mercy 3 (just in case), Spur Spd 1
+1 Summer Corrin: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield

Got pretty hairy with Cordelia tanking a shot from the green mage at the end, but got it first go with a standard flier emblem team - Elincia+1, Cordelia, Summer Corrin+1, Airzura. And on reviewing it just now I realise that neither Elincia nor Cordelia had a seal, and Corrin had a HP+3 one, oops. I'm levelling my new heroes from the legendary banner right now so I took their seals.

Not much to say about the strategy, it was just ad-hoc fleeing away to the corner while sniping kills as per standard doctrine. A fair amount of luck involved I think, not even sure I could replicate it on demand. Not going to attempt lower difficulties as usual because barracks space.

I figured I'd try infernal with my arena team instead of actually putting together a team that countered things, so I parked Fae on the defense tile above the right bridge, put Tiki and Fjorm buff range, and then watched Fae take out every enemy by herself. It wasn't very exciting, but kinda fun nonetheless.

Edited by Oshimos

I actually figured out Lunatic in first attempt using Nowi, Nino, Ephraim, and Ryoma. Nino is tanky as hell, she can tank a hit from Kana.

Infernal clear: Leon, Spring Camilla, Azura, Chrom on a Horse.  Leon learns G Tomebreaker.  Camilla's skills are Reposition, TA, Escape Route, and Iote's Shield.

Spring Camilla is absolutely crucial to this clear.  She's green, can chunk one of the archers down, and flies.  Anyway, Camilla starts by poking Kana, then Azura dances her.  Camilla Repositions Azura across the bridge, then Leon uses Draw Back to get her out of range of the red dragon.  Chrom's position determines where Kana goes, so I had him stay near the right bridge.  Next turn, I reset a bunch of people, ending with Camilla in range of the archer, Azura to the left of her, and Leon to the left of Azura.  Chrom is stuck on the bridge, out of range of everything.  Once the enemies get closer, Camilla blasts Kana, then Chrom finishes.  Leon takes out the archer, Azura dances for Camilla, then Camilla gets out of the way (I might have Repositioned Azura, but I don't remember).  Next turn is filled with a lot of enemy flailing.  The notable attack is the -raven mage on Leon.  Thanks to G Tomebreaker and summoner support, the mage fails to OHKO.  Once the enemy is done, Leon finishes off the archer, Chrom murders the horse archer, and Azura positions herself so that she's directly in front of the red dragon (the flying unit is two spaces behind the red dragon).  On EP, the red dragon does pathetic damage to Azura, while Azura fails to kill.  From there, it was mop-up with Leon.

@mcsilas @Zeo and @mampfoid (more people more merry)

Took me 2 tries and a Henry(for G.tomebreaker), first time LA Roy died from Gronraven mage so second time after sacrifice a Henry, that mage scare to death and hit Siegbert instead. A little tricky to position Shiro to bait and kill that lance flier. No MVP for this map, I think everyone do their work equally this time. Enjoy watching!

Edited by Ginko