Grand Hero Battle - Kana (M): Dragon Spawn (May 3rd, 2018 ~)

Coolmanio

Only got the 3* one done so far. Had a quick go at Lunatic before work but Julia failed to kill Kana even in two hits, so there's plan number one out. I'll work out a plan number two later ^.^

I'm hoping to try and do this one without guides :D

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This map had actually tripped me up quite a bit. That restriction of the river makes it too tough for me to figure out easily.

Hard I cleared with some team, it doesn't really matter.

Lunatic had M!Robin, F!Grima, Sonya and D!Ike. Took a few tries to figure out how to separate the rest of the enemies after M!Robin tanks the left on the first turn (with the help of Sonya's ploy), but it requires Guidance to work (Seal), getting Robin out of there while everyone left starts getting split up. Ike tanks the red dragon, is in perfect range to then take out the bow cav and the green mage and so Kana is the last one left chasing Ike. Sonya and Grima team up to finish him. Tried to do infantry only, but it wasn't all that viable as Julia couldn't 1-shot Kana, Chrom was too slow and SummeLeo is just the worst, should have tried a different team.

Infernal.... I actually did it myself with no guide. Full infantry and everything. Powercouple Arvis and Fjorm have Nohrzura (Of course) and Norrin on side for this one. So Arvis ploys the archer, is moved one tile up, Fjorm moves below him, is danced by Nohrzura and moved into range. Norrin moves up the left side to provide the Hama Ya effect, ensuring she takes no damage. She and Arvis move back, with Norrin staying where he is and Nohrzura dancing again. The floodgates open as the mage, archers and red dragon attack them, but they survive the onslaught. The foot archer attacks Norrin however, which is important as he needs Bonfire charged for the next round. On playerphase, Arvis attacks the mage, is danced by Nohrzura with Wings of Mercy (partly because Kana is in range of him) and between the three of them the archers and dragon fall. From there Nohrzura tanks Kana and the pegasus, easily clearing the map. (Nohrzura is +Atk/-Res, but I doubt that matters too much barring the pegasus not being 1-shot with a Luna proc. Everything else is neutral 5*, no merges. Arvis has Ardent Sacrifice, Iceberg, DaB 3 and one of the SA Res 1 seal, Norrin has Bonfire and Bowbreaker 3, Fjorm has Reposition and Spur Atk 1 seal, Nohrzura has Luna, WoM 3 and Spur Res 1 seal)

Edited by Dayni

That Swordbreaker Bow really had me stumped for awhile until I got Escape Route on vIke and stopped putting him in places where the bow wielding menace could still get to him. 

I was really not expecting Soren to be able to tank so many hits that first turn there especially from the red dragon owl effect + support is wonderful. 

Horses are life, horses are love:
Screenshot_20180503-180851.png

Cecilia with blade+ and Heavy Blade 3 seal had a field day on the right, defeating Kana and both archers. Cecilia still best green mage cav.

Had fun clearing this with my current Arena team: Merric, Raven, Lucius, and Shigure. Shigure was a real MVP. It took some skill fiddling, but I was able to make it work. Those 2000 feathers were really appreciated... 

I gave Julia Divine Nage finally just for this Infernal battle.

It wasn't necessary in the slightest, but I figured since it was something I been meaning to do for a while, I could do it finally.

My main mage fliers and dancer (ToD!Nowi, FeMorgan, and HNY!Azura) plus +HP -Def Julia were able to pick only a few of the enemy off at a time (first the Red Manakete, then the Lance Flier) before all the archers, Green Mage, and Kana were all right there. Julia was able to OHKO Kana (with an Atk +3 seal and Fury 3) if the Bow Cav wasn't providing Drive Res, so they got picked off first. Julia handled her business with Kana, then from there it was just hit the appropriate target dead with ubercharged Blade Fliers.

Julia isn't necessary for the fight, but she at least was able to perform her role well while accidentally also having to take a bow to the face, which ironically would have been better improved with normal Naga, but that's life for ya.

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Rezzy @eclipse @Usana @Cute Chao @Quintessence @Poimagic @Alexmender @Fei Mao @Johann @Hilda @XRay @Nosmur @DefaultBeep @DarkLordIvy @Oz ♠

Well that was quick. I was honestly disappointed this time around. After 2 tries I had an accidental misclick in the middle of my attempt but instead of surrendering I just let my turn end and my team just tanked the enemy outright. So I started over recording and did the same thing. 

When I thought of this GHB I kind of expected a Legion of Lightning Breath+ dragons surrounding Kana or something like that. This was too easy. It's just, this is one of the reasons why a colorless tank is so valuable. Very few colored units could have stood in his place during the first turn. Maybe I'm starting to get greedy, but I hope IS continues to up the difficulty of these maps. The game is evolving more and more and giving us more powerful tools, the challenge should keep the same pace. Who knows, maybe it is for other players. Either way it's a challenge done for me. As for the track, I planned to use this one but found another one that I thought was fantastic, but after trying it out I realized it was better to save it for a future battle, so I went with my original idea.

It's just really hard to kill people on this team. Enjoy the show.

Male Kana is a really good unit! 40 Hp (+5 with refinement), 31 Atk (+14 from the weapon), 33 Spd (36, because I am planning to give him a Spd Refinement), 31 Def (+11 if foe initiates combate and if Kana's HP < 80%) and 29 Res (+11 if foe initiates combate and if Kana's HP < 80%). At the end, a Kana with Spd Refinement at HP<80% will have 45 HP (at least -20%, of course), 45 Atk, 36 Spd, 42 Def and 40 Res. I will give Kana Vantage and Bonfire. I would give him Res Smoke if I have a extra Robin, but Atk Smoke can works too.
He would be perfect if we have a Distant Counter SS... maybe a Lightning Breath, but the + 4 Def/Res is really good...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Zeo @Ginko @mcsilas @LordFrigid @DLNarshen @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi @NegativeExponents-

Infernal one turn clear with a grand return of Smite: 

This one made me a little sad. I already had a solution for Titania killing Kana (no GF yet though), which would have made it possible to clear everything on Player Phase with melee units (aside from Nowi ploying the red dragon). Until I double checked the numbers and realized this giant space in the middle is all freaking defense terrain! None of my current units is able to kill Kana in one round and proc Galeforce. 

Therefore the grand return of Olwen and Smite. Elincia had to smite Olwen to prevent the green mage from attacking her or Oscar. The red dragon could only be killed by Elincia, because the others didn't take enough damage to proc WoM. Nowi needed Summoner C support to gain enough RES to ploy the red dragon. Oscar needed some help to kill the archer (Spur ATK by Olwen, Ally support by Elincia). Hone Cav and Fortify RES was needed by Olwen to get half of the map done. 

4 hours ago, Ginko said:

@mcsilas @Zeo and @mampfoid (more people more merry)

Took me 2 tries and a Henry(for G.tomebreaker), first time LA Roy died from Gronraven mage so second time after sacrifice a Henry, that mage scare to death and hit Siegbert instead. A little tricky to position Shiro to bait and kill that lance flier. No MVP for this map, I think everyone do their work equally this time. Enjoy watchin

The retreat on turn 2 was very well done, I was wondering how you would take them all apart while them being on defensive terrain. You made even Azura a tank in this one, good that Kanas special counter was set to 1 instead to 0 (that Dragon Fang + Wrath hurts!). Funny how you could manipulate the AI only by giving Roy a different B passive. Congratulations, very nice to watch! 

45 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Well that was quick. I was honestly disappointed this time around. After 2 tries I had an accidental misclick in the middle of my attempt but instead of surrendering I just let my turn end and my team just tanked the enemy outright. So I started over recording and did the same thing. 

I just love how you find approaches I never would have thought of, congratulations! The idea to let TA Inigo tank an infernal red dragon seems desperate on the first glance and this already on the second or third try, but somehow it's your strategy. 

Ironically the fastes kill Matthew does was the Gronraven mage. I was a little surprised you let Ayra kill the archer, I thought it was possible to give Matthew all kills on this map (after debuffing and charging Bonfire).

Managed to do Lunatic with Dark Azura, M!Robin, Lyon and Marth.

No clue how they managed it since it took a few tries and I was pretty sure they were all dead at some point or another, but it worked :)

Now to see if I can handle Infernal.

@mampfoid Congrats! Very nice use of smite there.

So...I didn’t realize that Kana didn’t have DC at first, so I was kinda freaking out about KOing him in one round. By the time I realized I could actually use a fast mage to 2HKO instead, I had already gotten my team together.

Spoiler

@LordFrigid Thanks, also congratulations to you!

First I was wondering how many green mages you were bringing to kill one blue dragon. Your Julia didn't need so many buffs like my Olwen, cool to have such a strong unit at your disposal. Nice that you found another way to start the fight also this time. I keep forgetting that WoM is not the only way to ship units to their prey. 

Well, horses didn't go so well, but probably should've thought to use Cecilia. Anyway, they were able to handle hard and lunatic, but switched over to fliers for infernal, and Hinbowka is just the best. Had to give her goad fliers so Cordelia could 2HKO the green mage, but with that it was a breeze.

Yay! I got it! I defeated Infernal Kana! I used Legendary Lyn, Legendary Robin, Siegbert and... Male Kana!

L' Lyn: Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Luna, Laws of Sacae, Vantage 3, Spd Tactic, no Sacred Seal used.

F! Grima Robin: Expiration, Swap, Bonfire, Dragonskin, Quick RIposte 2, Res Smoke 3, Distant Def 3 SS.

Siegbert: Dark Greatsword, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Atk Tactic 3, Def Tactic 2 SS (I only used him for the tactic skills. He didn't enter in combat)

Male Kana: Water Breath+ (Spd), no assist, Bonfire, Brazen Def/Res 3, no B-skill, Threaten Res 3, Quick Riposte SS.

Robin was for the pegasus and the infantry archer, Lyn was for the green mage and the cavalry archer, and Kana was for the dragons. Very easy!

That wasn't too bad! I used my flier crew of Airzura, H!Nowi, Tana, and Elincia. Tana needed Iote's shield to take a hit from one of the archers, Elincia needed an attack + seal (any level since she left him with 1 hp otherwise) to one round the swordbreaker bow, and I had to inherit Wings of Mercy on to H!Nowi to get her out of the way.

Basically Nowi plus a singing killed the red dragon and then Tana repositioned her away and tanked the archer (my new F!Grima would've been perfect instead, but I have no reposition fodder at the moment). From there it's just a retreat to get everyone off the defensive tiles and taking them down a few at a time (and making sure to let Kana hit you, because that Dragon Fang hurts).

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Zeo

This was a lot simpler then I assumed it would be. All I really did was park my team near the bridge and have the enemy suicide on them. Took me two attempts as I immediately realized what I needed after the first one. Three things needed changing:

1. Fae used moonbow instead of her usual glimmer.
  2. Caeda needed the Brash Assault seal.
  3. Florina equipped her trusty Iote Shield.

The defensive tiles and brazens make this take way longer then it should.

Well, talk about a dragon play date gone wrong.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

*video*

I’m baffled :o: It is such a complete 180 from what I experienced to see everyone go down so quickly. Good use of smite and amazing to see you overcome that nightmare of a defensive terrain.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Maybe I'm starting to get greedy, but I hope IS continues to up the difficulty of these maps.

I agree but at the same time it doesn’t really bother me to have an easy one every now then. Especially after something as brain wracking as L!Lyn. I love how this map is definitely playing on Matt’s strong points. Clustered enemies, defensive terrain, Matt’s use of buffs/debbufs. It almost looks like it was specifically designed for Matthew. Crazy move having Inigo tank the red dragon but it worked out in the end.

36 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The defensive tiles and brazens make this take way longer then it should.

So many zero-damage sounds, beautiful! I wish they would implement that sound also with combat animations switched off. Also your music was nice, congratulations to this clear. 

What a double siege in the middle of the map, only every now and then a unit died. While your units where hard to kill, it looked like a hard piece of work for them too. 

Fae took perhaps the most beatings, she was like a full stop blocker for the enemies.

42 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’m baffled :o: It is such a complete 180 from what I experienced to see everyone go down so quickly. Good use of smite and amazing to see you overcome that nightmare of a defensive terrain.

Yeah, it's a totally different approach compared to yours. Diversity is one of the cool things of this game. 

Good those brazen and fortifies weren't active on turn 1, otherwise Kana would have been too difficult to kill in one round. 

Yeah, I did my first true single run on infernal in this GHB.
Athena strikes them down with this build, all thanks to Kaze and Atk Smoke 3 I did not have to pull for B!Lyn.

Spoiler

FzXd29W.jpg

This may be a standard build for Infernal single runs, but I am so proud of her. I finally want to get the last 5 merges T_T 

Edited by Stroud

Cleared it with a team of Fjorm, Vanguard Ike, Valentine Hector, and Lucius. 

Fjorm needed Swap, Lucius needed Spur Res 1 Sacred Seal, Hector Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal. Ike needed Reposition.

Had ally support of S-rank between Hector and Ike. Needed it for Hector's Ignis bomb to nuke Kana.

Kana attacked first instead of the mage, so Hector has Wary Fighter still active.

https://youtu.be/hFR2-3kOQOM

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

So many zero-damage sounds, beautiful!

It truly is a sight to behold. “Zero the hero” as all my math teachers have said. Although I’m not quite sure this is what they meant. Is the sound not there when animations are off? I never noticed that.

37 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What a double siege in the middle of the map, only every now and then a unit died. While your units where hard to kill, it looked like a hard piece of work for them too. 

Fae took perhaps the most beatings, she was like a full stop blocker for the enemies.

U̶n̶s̶t̶o̶p̶p̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶v̶s̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶o̶v̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶b̶j̶e̶c̶t̶. We were basically locked in a war of attrition with no side backing down. The only difference is they didn’t have a way to restore their lost health.

Funny thing is that Fae took more damage from her own Fury than an enemy attack.

40 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, it's a totally different approach compared to yours. Diversity is one of the cool things of this game. 

I could not agree more. It’s always an enjoyable experience seeing how everyone else went about doing it even though it’s the same task.

@mampfoid That Smite was great! It always makes me happy when you throw in some unorthodox moves for these clears.

Perhaps I can join the cool kids club on this GHB, as here's my 1 turn clear. However it's not nearly as flashy as yours or @LordFrigid's.

https://my.mixtape.moe/sdbtiq.MP4

Camilla can also solo, but the red manakete needed some extra damage to make the 1 turn finish happen. Hinoka's just there to cheer on her fellow princess from across the map.

Male Kana doesn't have the voice crack anymore. Worst unit ever.

Anyway, haven't beaten infernal yet but it doesn't seem completely impossible. Let's just see if my patience is enough for it.

one shot with my +10 merge team of B!Ike Saizo Clair and Gunnthra... basicly Clair took out the dragons and mages while Saizo and Gunnthra took care of the bow users and pegasus knight. Cake