Grand Hero Battle - Kana (M): Dragon Spawn (May 3rd, 2018 ~)

Coolmanio

I couldn't be bothered with Infernal attempts any more so just used Brotel's strat. Those guys on YT continue to amaze me with what they come up with for f2p units. Savage Blow spam.... I mean, it works so well. It's great

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

After finding a video editor that didn't made me want to die I decided to try a little challenge before this GHB was over. It's not as fancy as a 1 turn clear but I'm pretty happy about the results.

Everyone bullies Eirika on a defense tile!

So Aether wouldn't have worked?

34 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Everyone bullies Eirika on a defense tile!

So Aether wouldn't have worked?

It's not bulli if they need specials to do damage! 

I wonder, I don't have enough feathers to kill a Chrom for Aether so I had to work with the second best skill I had.

@Alexmender Invincible Eirika. When I first saw the 0 damage against the dragons and her Sol special, I thought "What is he doing?". Until I realized Would Dao doesn't add to the healing effect, but to the damage. 

Congratulations, to your clear and your cool Eirika! 

On 5/3/2018 at 5:57 AM, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @Ginko @mcsilas @LordFrigid @DLNarshen @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi @NegativeExponents-

Infernal one turn clear with a grand return of Smite: 

[Video]

YES, Smite returns!  I love to see you use that in your videos, hahaha.  :P: 

Nice video, as always~!

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Johann @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefyingFates

After finding a video editor that didn't made me want to die I decided to try a little challenge before this GHB was over. It's not as fancy as a 1 turn clear but I'm pretty happy about the results.

Wow! This was a joy to watch, bravo!

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Alexmender Invincible Eirika. When I first saw the 0 damage against the dragons and her Sol special, I thought "What is he doing?". Until I realized Would Dao doesn't add to the healing effect, but to the damage. 

Congratulations, to your clear and your cool Eirika! 

Thanks! 10 guaranteed damage (20 if Eirika gets in Wrath's range) is really handy when the enemy is extremely bulky just like Kana was here.

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wow! This was a joy to watch, bravo!

Thanks! I'll try to solo the rotation GHB too, after all I want everyone to see how cool Eirika can be!

@Alexmender Loved seeing her take 0 damage. Looking forward to more clears with her, I am on the fence about giving mine Distant Counter. The lack of Seiglinde is rather surprising though. She can get pretty ridiculous if you give her the right buffing partner with that weapon. Might be something to consider.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender Loved seeing her take 0 damage. Looking forward to more clears with her, I am on the fence about giving mine Distant Counter. The lack of Seiglinde is rather surprising though. She can get pretty ridiculous if you give her the right buffing partner with that weapon. Might be something to consider.

It was such an awesome feeling to see the blue flier deal no damage to her. 

DC is the best if Eirika will fight often, if she'll be more of a buffing support then Fury/TA will suffice. Sieglinde+Tactics buffs can make her so powerful that she wouldn't need Sol to clear the map but I wanted to see how far she could go with minimal support (only Genny's healing and baiting the horse archer, the Hone Spd at the start did nothing here) so Sieglinde would've been useless. 

@Alexmender I see, this is a pretty easy GHB, but for some of the harder stuff you'll definitely go Seiglinde. I'm pretty interested in seeing how you'll deal with Valter infernal. That was and still is one of the hardest GHB's period.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender I see, this is a pretty easy GHB, but for some of the harder stuff you'll definitely go Seiglinde. I'm pretty interested in seeing how you'll deal with Valter infernal. That was and still is one of the hardest GHB's period.

That just makes it all the more exciting to see Eirika take it down!

@Zeo @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Vaximillian @mampfoid

So I bring you some Kana clears!

First is a themed clear with the Fates kids. The terrain was a bit of a pain so here is Lunatic. I don't really have a lot of time to try and do an Infernal one, so this will have to do.

The main thing was to try and not get Kana in Brazen range. Shiro really is the perfect unit for my enemy phase playstyle, and Close Def is really great on him, and he was the only one who can bait both the red dragon and the archer safely.

Music is Puzzling Empty Dream from the Fire Emblem Fates soundtrack (Heirs of Fate DLC when battling the kids)

Next is my Infernal clear. Apologies for the length- but defensive tiles can be a pain.

Team is S-supported +Def/-HP Halloween Henry, 4 star +Res/-Spd Effie, +Res/-Spd Maria and neutral Airzura.

Music is Will from The King of Fighters 2000 soundtrack

-This is one time where I was glad I was pitybroken by Maria, since I could just slap on Physic+ and have her heal Henry's Fury damage. 

-Henry has Bowbreaker for arena, so it was a coincidence that it worked so well for this map. Panic status from his tome also helps with the annoying Fortify Dragons buff.

-Airzura was the perfect dancer here, as those water tiles can be quite restricting.

-I haven't used Effie much these days, so it's nice to have her shine here. Her Ward support was key in making Henry tanked everyone. Then when the Heavy Spear flier approaches, Effie (slowly) moves to deal with it- because Wary Fighter is a good skill. Also she only has normal Brave Lance but it still works out.

-I did an alternate clear (probably a bit longer in length) where Effie does more. Basically Henry retreats after a certain point and Effie steps in on the defensive tiles and finishes things off. But again, it is a long video so not sure if it's worth doing another one.

Also in my second account my Infernal clear was Lyon, Kinoka, Airzura and Masked Marth. Not sure if I have time to record, but @NegativeExponents- at least I can say I used another rarely seen male mage for a clear :P

@mcsilas Well done!

Your Fates kids had no problem solving that map, hard to believe they wouldn't manage infernal as well. Most of the time I was waiting for Rhajat to attack Kana, but she was busy rallying. 

Dejavu with the second video: I keep waiting for Henry to attack Kana, but this time he even gets the final kill (I guess Airzura would have made shorter work of Kana). Henry is really an interesting unit, even if I don't have a faible for armor units. 

@mcsilas Nice!

The defensive tiles definitely drag out the fight but at least your units weren’t dealing zero damage.

Genius of you to lure the enemy away from the terrain with the Fates kids. Im gonna have to agree with @mampfoid in that it’s hard to believe they can’t handle infernal. You just made it look that easy.

I also got pity broken by a Maria (two actually) but Maria’s physic+ is pretty good. It’s my favorite healing after recover+ because of its range. Has Henry always been your S support? Didn’t take you for an armor user.

You get bonus points for using everyone’s favorite Demon King a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶l̶t̶

Edited by NegativeExponents-

LOL XD, I've given up on infernal days ago, but felt like trying again..... AND MANAGED TO CLEAR IT :D:. Man, this little brat gave me trouble, only to find out that there's a simple path with my mains XD. Man, I wanna show you a video, even if it's a shitty cellphone recording :D:

@mampfoid Well Kana gets a bit annoying when Brazen Def/Res is activated, so I tried not to deal too little damage for him to activate it. Moreso in Infernal, since 1 turn charge Dragon Fang is cheating. I needed to lure Kana away from the defense tiles first to be sure.

Thank goodness the red manakete only had Sol and not a damage dealing special.

I.... didn't think of Airzura funnily enough! Mostly because this was the strat that gave me my first clear, so I didn't have to be too creative in looking for other ways to clear it haha.

@NegativeExponents- Thanks! Actually my first S support was a -Atk/+Spd Ike (RIP that bane), but since I haven't been using him anymore (and now that his adult version mostly replaces him unless I need Spd...) I changed my S support to my +Def/-HP Henry, because he is a main stay in my arena team. He checks ReinLyn so well and I love using armour and bulky units in general (thanks to them I see less horses). Plus I really like the way they fixed Henry and his costume/art/voice is a vast improvement compared to normal Henry, so he deserves the S support to see those Fury-boosted stats go sky high!

As for Maria, I was kind of salty because she was -Spd and I already had a +Def/-Atk with skills at 4 star (this was before you wanted Atk on healers). At least she proved her worth, saving me feathers for Physic+!

Also for the Fates kids, they don't have the best Res. Plus I was short on time...or so I thought but now that I am free, I finally (accidentally) solved Infernal!

@Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Zeo @Ginko @DefaultBeep @Poimagic

Team is +Atk/-Def Shiro +1, +HP/-Def Rhajat, +Spd/-Def Siegbert and +Def/-Spd Soleil.

Music is Pure ~ At Good Old Days (Psycho Soldiers Team Theme) from the King of Fighters XI soundtrack.

-Had to try a different approach to start the map. Decided to use defense tiles to my advantage as Rhajat tanks the right side for one turn- enough so Escape Route activates. Soleil's Drive Res was key to surviving, as well as Rhajat's HP boon and double Distant Defense.

-The Swordbreaker archer is annoying when half your team is swords. Siegbert couldn't double, and I had to use Drag Back so Siegbert was left in a safe place after attacking. Also Rhajat needed a Spur Atk boost to finish off the archer.

-At 2:50, I would have been in trouble if the red dragon attacked first and activated Dark Breath, since the green mage would double Siegbert. (This is why Soleil didn't attack the red dragon, since Dark Breath would lower stats in the area). Good thing the mage attacked first.

-At 3:31 is a team effort. Kana is a real threat to my team, especially since I had 2 swords and Shiro's Res isn't the best even with Close Def. Again, Soleil's Drive Res was a lifesaver, and it was good timing that Shiro's Ignis was ready for Kana (took me by surprise the first time I accidentally cleared it). So yeah, this was also why Shiro didn't have Bonfire this time.

Also @NegativeExponents- here is that Lyon clear.

Team is +Atk/-Def Kinshi Hinoka, +Spd/-Res NY Azura, neutral Lyon and neutral Masked Marth +2

Music is Psycho Sonic Trip from the King of Fighters 1999 OST

This video was what made me so desperate to try for Kinoka in my other account, because her utility is just so good. Also she does the Kinishi Knight backflip when attacking twice!

Masked Marth's Bowbreaker isn't really needed but it was an extra skill I inherited in the first Tempest Trial while giving her HP+3 and Reciprocal Aid from a Setsuna. Her HP boost actually helps here to survive the Bow Knight in a later turn.

@mcsilas I knew they were up to the task, congratulations! how could you forget about Airzura though

Cool beaming action with Rhajat. Again I was wondering why she didn't attack Kana on turn 1 or 2, but that would have triggered Dragon Fang. Shiro one-shotting Kana was the perfect finisher, I'm looking forward to his arena season (btw, will my +5 Shiro get +15 stats?). 

Bringing Marth to a dragon map without actually letting him battle dragons? That's called setting someone to the wrong track. ;-)  Envious of your Hinoka, she was the perfect opener. I think QR seal on Lyon would have been better than DD3. He would have killed the infantry archer and the green mage in one turn ... if QR was still active after vengeance?

Oof this grand hero battle was hard. The defense tiles combined with the abilities made these characters annoyingly tanky. Kana with his wrath skill made him almost impossible to attack too without taking a lot of damage.

Still I managed to do it. A Attack honed/ triangle attack Deirdre could one shot Kana which dealt with the most annoying enemy on the map.

Ryoma honed Deirdre, repositioned her out of danger and dealt with the green mage who attacked him instead of Kana for some reason.

Kana just sat on a defense tile and started tanking everyone who attacked him.Only the iceberg flier was capable of doing significant damage to him.

Ny Corrin with bowbreaker buffed some defense while dealing with the flier and taking a bowshot once I believe.

This wasn't to tough once I mixed up the right units.  I moved Effie to the defense area from the right side bridge, set her partner Hector behind her, and kept Sakura and flyer Azura in the back to heal them up if necessary.  The tanks didn't need to move until there were only two archers to kill.

@mcsilas Alright tackling all three videos.

I agree with the previous posters. It's hard to believe the Fates kids couldn't wipe infernal. You really killed it with them, I've actually really been enjoying the clears with this team.

The second battle was one of attrition, put armors on defense tiles and you're asking for trouble, even against dragons. Seeing Maria in action was cool too. Oddly enough the most satisfying thing was how little damage the red dragon was dealing to Henry.

That ending with Shiro on the third battle though! I was legit thinking (..wait Kana's going to kill him) then I saw the Ignis proc. Excellent use of Escape Route and Drag Back along with the spurs. I love how the GHB's sometimes feel like puzzles to solve depending on your composition and how fascinating it is to see how everything plays out. Also funny how Soleil was basically a meatshield in this one.

I should really get around to building my KN!Hinoka... I got her in less than 15 orbs. And she's the perfect nature too. I don't have a PA!Azura though.

Edited by Zeo

@mampfoid Thanks! Yeah well Azura was meant to dance and not attack so that thought didn't cross my mind :P

Yeah Brazen + Dragon Fang + Wrath is a nasty combo, especially if Kana is still on a defense tile.

As for Marth's Falchion not getting to cut up some dragons...yeah well unfortunately the dragons moved away from Marth and I had to deal with the bow knight fast because cav momvement and bows is not a good combo for my fliers.

As for Quick Riposte...I didn't think of that, mostly because in an earlier clear the green mage's special surprisingly managed to KO Lyon. Can't remember why though. Hence the damage reduction route with Distant Defense. 

Your Shiro is going to be dominating arena next week! I can't decide if I should bring Shiro or Young Ike next week. (Or both for bonus stats?)

So glad I randomly gave Rhajat Escape Route while clearing out my barracks.

@Zeo Thanks for the comments! I barely managed to clear it thanks to specific boons and Drives, but yeah once you get so close to beating it, it just feels like a puzzle waiting to be solved. I was completely surprised when Shiro defeat Kana, he was the biggest roadblock during the Infernal tries. 75 damage while being -Def is impressive.

I'm actually tempted to sac a Joshua for Close Def on Shiro. 6 Def/Res is really neat, and potential 12 Def/Res sounds pretty tempting. But then Steady Breath would also be good on him...plus Joshua is my only source of Windsweep which could be handy to whichever dagger unit I'll be building up. Especially against the armour teams in arena.

And yeah Soleil rarely sees any actual battles so far. Mostly because she can't counter attack with Firesweep Sword. I should really upgrade and build the +Atk one I summoned so she'll be more than a Drive bot.

Also I think you mean Airzura, but you can always Goad Stack Kinoka for now. Maybe have Guidance seal with Axura? 

@mcsilas I'm late, but let's talk about it.

After knowing your Shiro and Siegbert, they are good with boon. but may I ask a question, are you always having -DEF curse on your units when they need it?

Shiro won't have a problem because Bright Naginata can fix his -DEF but Siegbert is another story.

However, I'm impress that you clear this map without a dancer. You really take your time about it. That Ignis at the end is brutal. I switch my Shiro to use Ignis sometimes on arena offense, he can nuke everything not green with that massive power.

I built M Kana too. He has  Lightning Breath (RES refine), Steady Breath, Vantage, SPD ploy and QR seal. 3 years in the future he will be at +10, I can dream lol