Why, hello there

Funky Tim

I'm Tim. Signed up a while ago to request a PMU, but then forgot about the board for a while. Since I got laid off my job and have plenty of free time at the moment, I thought I'd come around again. :) So, hi there, nice to meet ya.

2 hours ago, Funky Tim said:

I'm Tim. Signed up a while ago to request a PMU, but then forgot about the board for a while. Since I got laid off my job and have plenty of free time at the moment, I thought I'd come around again. :) So, hi there, nice to meet ya.

Hey Funky Tim, welcome back to the forest! Nice to meet you too!

Hello, I’m new to this site. I’m using the mobile version of this forum and don’t see where I can start a new topic. I sent a message to the site operators but never received a message back. Does this mean I have to use the non mobile version?

SMEDIA,

I'm using the non-mobile version of the forum and I don't see a mechanism to start a new topic either. I can post status updates but nothing else. 

Did you figure it out yet? 

Yeah, I would say it is a strange mechanism to have in place. I was going to introduce myself but I couldn't find a way to post a topic. 

I thought at first that it was my unusual configuration of using a Chromebook with Ubuntu dual boot thru crouton but a posting button was absent also on a regular desktop PC as well.

Edited by grinus
response to post

I just looked to see if I could access the non mobile version, but I couldn’t find it. Should I send another message to the site operators? I would imagine they’d have read my message by now.

15 hours ago, SMEDIA said:

Hello, I’m new to this site. I’m using the mobile version of this forum and don’t see where I can start a new topic. I sent a message to the site operators but never received a message back. Does this mean I have to use the non mobile version?

Yeah I tried to post on the introduction forum, but I cant find where to post. I have noticed that there have not been any new post since I joined, which makes me believe that NOBODY can post. 

So I'm not the only one having this issue about starting new forums?

But by the by, since I can't seem to figure out how to properly introduce myself, hey!  I'm also new and having many troubles with the new forums thing

Maybe we should start a club or something, the "We have no idea how to start new topics so we just bum out here" club

Well guess I'm part of the club too. :P I was up all night trying to figure out how. I tried on the computer and on mobile. 

@Funky Tim Sorry we all kinda decided to set up camp here in your intro thread. (: Thanks for accommodating us while we search for our own intro threads. 

It's nice to meet everyone!

So I asked for help from a random stranger and they were super nice to show me how. Apparently there's this big button at the top right of the forums that says "Start New Topic." But the button is not there for me for some reason. ): Must be something wrong I guess? 

@foxysauce Well It's nice to meet you too! ^^  And I love your icon!

Yeah I'm not seeing any button either - I went hunting around the forums and found someone going on about this same problem (except they were asking it in a lot of discussion forums, so), and I'm not going to say the name of the user or forum just in case, but a mod responded to them and this is what they had to say:

User: HELP! I can't seem to make posts at all, only reply... If someone could please fix this ty :

Mod: Be more active on the forums.  There's gotta be SOMETHING you'd like to talk about.

So it's probably that you can't start topics until you post a bit?  Bit strange then to have introduction forums, but w/e I guess

Edited by Soleater

Aww thanks @Soleater! ^^

I guess that sorta makes sense. :P Well if it's socializing they want then it's socializing they will get! Fare well intro thread, I shall return here once I have earned my own introduction! :P: 

Edited by foxysauce

21 minutes ago, foxysauce said:

I guess that sorta makes sense. :P Well if it's socializing they want then it's socializing they will get! Fare well intro thread, I shall return here once I have earned my own introduction! :P: 

Yes, fare thee well young traveler!  May you bring glory and honor to Intro Lurkers like us across the land!

...And I guess I should probably go too...Welp :P

Edited by Soleater

Oh my, you guys sure hi-jacked my thread, hehe. :D I don't mind though. Hello to each and every one of you. Hope you'll figure out your issue soon. I didn't have that problem as you can see, but that might be related to me being active on the forums a couple years back before returning and making this thread.

On 27.4.2018 at 11:38 PM, Michelaar said:

Hi Tim! I believe I did give you a unit for your PMU, nice to meet you, hope we can get along!

Had to check, but yeah, that was Basara!Reina in Revelations way back. If I remember correctly she did rather well actually.

13 minutes ago, Funky Tim said:

Had to check, but yeah, that was Basara!Reina in Revelations way back. If I remember correctly she did rather well actually.

Haha, glad she did wel for you!