FE:W has achieved over one million sales worldwide

Jedi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this kind of popularity and sales, I highly doubt that a sequel is impossible now. And they promised that they would bring in more characters and from other series if the sales are done well. 

So next time, I can definitely imagine the Tellius and Elibe series getting more attention. Maybe FE16 when it comes out.

59 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I would be legitimately curious to see what crossovers Fire Emblem could have in the future. Hell, maybe they could do something as small as put the Falchion or Ragnell in Dark Souls Switch or Skyrim Switch. Maybe Ike, Marth, Lucina, or Robin could appear as a guest character in Soul Calibur. It's fun to think about.

I'm hopeful there will be more as well.

Don't forget we've had FE reps in Project X Zone 2 and Monster Hunter Generations. So from that perspective, Skyrim or Soul Calibur doesn't seem that strange to me XD

"It was successful!" "It was successful!" "It was successful!" "It was successful!" "It was successful!" "It was successful!" "It was successful!"

SHUT UP, FREDERICK! *ahem*

A...a million? Really? Somebody pinch me. I'm genuinely surprised it managed to reach a million in less than half a year. It pleases me greatly to see that it outgrew the too-many-swords and too-much-Fates complaints. I honestly thought it would get dragged down because of that. Thankfully, people are not so stubborn to let that stop them from buying a game from a series they like. I'm glad a sequel is so much more likely to happen now; it could rectify what few problems this game had. Oh, and if we still have personal weapon scrolls and opuses, please don't make us farm 10,000 KO's to unlock True Power. That was a bit annoying. 'K thanks, Koei.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

When they say "units shipped", that always refers to retail copies, as you can't "ship" digital goods.  Same especially goes for downloadable content.

Ah that makes sense. The title just says sales, but the tweet says units.

Neat, that actually makes this all the more impressive.

Since some are talking potential roster choices in a (much more likely) sequel...

Personally, I know that the Japan-only games aren't as renowned worldwide (though Heroes helped, I'm sure), but I've been playing Genealogy and I kinda want to see some of those guys show up if we aren't to get any more Shadow Dragon characters in the sequel.  Everyone talks about the missing niche of the lance cavalier, and I think Finn or Cuan would fill it quite well.  The only other character outside the three games represented so far that I can think of who'd fill that is Ephraim, who starts out as an infantry unit.

Though I also think the Black Knight would be a double-whammy of a character to bring in.  He'd fill that Lu Bu archetype and he'd fill the armor knight niche.  And of course I'd still really like to play Ike.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Since some are talking potential roster choices in a (much more likely) sequel...

Personally, I know that the Japan-only games aren't as renowned worldwide (though Heroes helped, I'm sure), but I've been playing Genealogy and I kinda want to see some of those guys show up if we aren't to get any more Shadow Dragon characters in the sequel.  Everyone talks about the missing niche of the lance cavalier, and I think Finn or Cuan would fill it quite well.  The only other character outside the three games represented so far that I can think of who'd fill that is Ephraim, who starts out as an infantry unit.

Though I also think the Black Knight would be a double-whammy of a character to bring in.  He'd fill that Lu Bu archetype and he'd fill the armor knight niche.  And of course I'd still really like to play Ike.

TBK would do more than just fill the Lu Bu archetype. He'd make Lu Bu look like an amateur. 

15 minutes ago, Etheus said:

TBK would do more than just fill the Lu Bu archetype. He'd make Lu Bu look like an amateur. 

That'd be hard to do considering Lu Bu's infamy and stellar movesets across the franchise :P: 

Should we get a sequel, if the PR's word is to be believed, we might get (but not limited to) Binding Blade and Path of Radiance in the next game's story. That's a crossover I'd be down with, no matter how unpolished the plot is (as is normally the case with crossover fanservice games). :P

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Should we get a sequel, if the PR's word is to be believed, we might get (but not limited to) Binding Blade and Path of Radiance in the next game's story. That's a crossover I'd be down with, no matter how unpolished the plot is (as is normally the case with crossover fanservice games). :P

Hopefully a different set of people do the PR of a potential sequel/expansion, lest we repeat the near disasterous PR of FE:W haha.

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

Ah that makes sense. The title just says sales, but the tweet says units.

Neat, that actually makes this all the more impressive.

Well the idea is, if we are to rejoice when the game reaches 1 million sales and only then(which isn't the case, I'm just saying), technically that hasn't happened yet, because not every copy that's been shipped has been sold.

Buuuut if you add in digital sales, which should logically be relatively high on Switch, it feels pretty safe to say that if we haven't reached that threshold yet, we must be pretty close. And yeah there's also dlc to consider.

It's a pretty big success no matter what.

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Hopefully a different set of people do the PR of a potential sequel/expansion, lest we repeat the near disasterous PR of FE:W haha.

It felt disastrous but with the game apparently selling pretty well maybe they actually did a really good job.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

That'd be hard to do considering Lu Bu's infamy and stellar movesets across the franchise :P: 

Well, yes. But TBK is literally invulnerable to nearly everything, can teleport across the continent at will, fires shockwaves out of his sword, and is one of the most skilled swordsmen in his world. Plus, he's a lot more intelligent than the dimwitted Lu Bu. 

10 hours ago, Etheus said:

I would be legitimately curious to see what crossovers Fire Emblem could have in the future. Hell, maybe they could do something as small as put the Falchion or Ragnell in Dark Souls Switch or Skyrim Switch. Maybe Ike, Marth, Lucina, or Robin could appear as a guest character in Soul Calibur. It's fun to think about.

It would be nice to see a bit more. Fire Emblem is also the best choice for any crossover content for Dark Souls. Even if its just one or two weapons. Hell, even just some crossover content in other Nintendo games. Throw out someone from FE for the next Mario Kart or something.

5 hours ago, Spiral the Gamer said:

As much as I love Warriors and the characters they did choose, this is a good sign that we might get a chance to play as Ike, Micaiah, Eliwood, Hector, Sigurd and many others.

We'll see in time, they do owe us a few promises if they do make a sequel/expansion.

From their own mouths at least Ike & Roy haha.

13 hours ago, Erren said:

It took forever to get a million. Some games got it faster.

It's all relative.

Also remember FE Warriors is still a spinoff.

Not only that, but the only other FE games to pass 1 million were Awakening and Fates.

Previously, 200K in Japan was an acceptable milestone for the franchise.

Edited by VincentASM