2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, the refs threw a roughing call on TJ Watt for just brushing Matt Ryan's leg. Matt Ryan stumbled, but that wasn't until over a second after. The brushing didn't cause it. What are defensive linemen supposed to do on the QB anymore?!

Besides this though, what a day for football. :P

Steelers blow out the Falcons 41-17, WOOT.

The Ravens lost to the Brownies in OT. lol

Graham Gano kicked a fucking 63 yarder to win for the Panthers!

You say they lost to the Brownies in a demoralizing way, but I dunno...they seem unpredictable in how they work this season. One day, they barely lose to the Raiders, then they knock off one of the best teams in the NFL in spite of their penalties that game (and I think I heard some controversy about the Ravens not getting called until the 4th quarter? Can anyone confirm these complaints?). I don't think playing against them is a "free win unless it's your fault" anymore, at least for now. The Browns are a roulette wheel. (Though, they might need a new kicker again...)

Also, good preparation from Tomlin, huh? We clearly didn't play down to our competition today. :P Our next three games will/may be tough, though; the hot Bengals, the unpredictable Browns, and the tough Ravens, should they recover.

The AFC North is weird, and I'm cool with that.

Edited by NoirCore

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Also, good preparation from Tomlin, huh? We clearly didn't play down to our competition today. :P Our next three games will/may be tough, though; the hot Bengals, the unpredictable Browns, and the tough Ravens, should they recover.

We didn't, no. But we don't ALWAYS do that. Just most of the time. But we play those three next? Ugh. Why are our division games so close together?

Been a while since I checked in. I see it's still active and ana likes to argue with everyone and bemoan the Steelers whenever they lose lol.

NFC north is a mystery this season. My Lions currently undefeated against qbs with #12. Mason Crosby you da real mvp (1-5 fg, 1-2 PAT)

I can live with the vikes or even bears taking it because FTP! 

LORD MAHOMES is the next GOAT 

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

"HE'S SO HUNGRY HE'S GONNA EAT THE ENDZONE!"

Omg. XD

gonna eat in the endzone :p

3 hours ago, Randombobman said:

Been a while since I checked in. I see it's still active and ana likes to argue with everyone and bemoan the Steelers whenever they lose lol.

NFC north is a mystery this season. My Lions currently undefeated against qbs with #12. Mason Crosby you da real mvp (1-5 fg, 1-2 PAT)

I can live with the vikes or even bears taking it because FTP! 

LORD MAHOMES is the next GOAT 

he had quite a horrible day lol

• Life changed the title to 2018/19 NFL Season (Nathan Peterman deserves to be cut immediately)
Just now, Anacybele said:

A FUCKIN B HOLY SHIT YEAH! What a way to finish! And the Bungles STILL can't beat us LMAO.

I mean, you say "LMAO", but I was nervous as heck going into the game with how Cincy's been on fire this season, and it was a tug-o-war all game. Maybe their momentum will change, but I'll give credit where credit's due; they made us fight for the win.

17 minutes ago, Integrity said:

weekly update: sports remain cool and good, and i love them

At least we beat the Cardinals.

When it was 13-10 going into halftime, I was so ready for the Vikes to manage to lose, once again, to one of the worst teams in the entire NFL.

15 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, you say "LMAO", but I was nervous as heck going into the game with how Cincy's been on fire this season, and it was a tug-o-war all game. Maybe their momentum will change, but I'll give credit where credit's due; they made us fight for the win.

I say lmao because it's been around four years since they last beat us. :P

But you're right, we did have to fight for that one. I was a bit nervous too.

Edited by Anacybele

44 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

Marcus Mariota has 10 completions on the day.

Our O-line just doesn't have it together. Props to the Ravens D, sure, but this is a huge problem that has plagued the Mariota era. The O-line should be ashamed of itself. And even the defense couldn't stop an "I will not lose to another mediocre team" quarterback. That's the scary kind of QB.

Our defense looked like Swiss Cheese against a previously pretty shitty Cowboys offense and our offense predictably sucked as usual. We're still tied for the division lead but damn we gotta turn it around.

7 hours ago, -Cynthia- said:

Our defense looked like Swiss Cheese against a previously pretty shitty Cowboys offense and our offense predictably sucked as usual. We're still tied for the division lead but damn we gotta turn it around.

It's so weird. The AFC South is cutthroat inside the division, and yet when stacked against other divisions, it sucks. The only AFC South team to go to the Superbowl in the last 20 years was Indianapolis.