2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

If we miss the playoffs, I think Tomlin should be fired and replaced. You can't go from holding the second seed to missing the playoffs entirely and not put at least some of the blame on coaching. Part of it was being screwed by the refs vs the Chargers and Saints, but we had no business losing to the Broncos and Raiders.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Patriots twitter is so giddy about this win against the Jets. Because the Patriots get to play the Jets and Bills in the playoffs right?? I still have no confidence in them making a playoff run this postseason 

2 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

he's never had a losing season dude! (with the steelers)

also can the pats just fucking die already i mean jesus christ

He's also always had elite players to work with. They've been carrying him a bit. And you'd think with all these talented players he's had, he'd make one more SB or two in the time he's had. Belichick could. But Tomlin? Nah. Can't even win an AFC game anymore now.

And like I said. This team went from holding the second seed to probably missing the playoffs. There is a serious problem there.

Though man, am I SO glad we finally beat the Patriots. I got so tired of losing to them and the sting of last year's matchup lingered on top of that.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, chococoke said:

I hope bill has 9000 gimmick formations ready for a possible playoff matchup against the Ravens

Remember that eligible receiver trick he pulled years ago? Think it was the same year we ended up winning against the Hawks in the SB. You never know what Bill has up his sleeve. Though... I’d be lying if I said I was confident in them for the playoffs. I’m not feeling like this is our year this time.

Steelers won. But Ravens also did, it looks like, so yep, no playoffs for us. Not surprised in the least bit. Hopefully this gets Tomlin fired.

EDIT: Oh wait, the Browns have the ball back with enough time left to try for at least a game-winning FG since they're within 2. This could mean something.

One part of me actually wants them to win because it'd mean they swept the Ravens. lol Regardless of the playoff picture.

EDIT2: And nope. Well, Steelers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway. Not with their trash coaching.

Edited by Anacybele

Holy snap.

A personal shame it ends here for the Steelers (well, barring the possibility of a Ten-Ind tie, but yeah), but man, what an ending to the season. The Browns almost pulled it off (admittedly with some helpful calls at the end). Intrigued to see how dominant they'll be next year.

@Lord RavenWelcome back to the playoffs, man. No sarcasm intended.

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

A personal shame it ends here for the Steelers (well, barring the possibility of a Ten-Ind tie, but yeah), but man, what an ending to the season. The Browns almost pulled it off (admittedly with some helpful calls at the end). Intrigued to see how dominant they'll be next year.

Do you hope we get a new coach like I do? Just asking. I'm surprised you're not saying anything about hoping for any changes though. Because I mean. We had the second seed mid season and now we're not even in the playoffs. Wouldn't you be wanting some change too? Again, just asking. Not looking to start anything. Just looking for your opinion here.

But oh well, at least I don't have to worry about sports for awhile. Not even cheering for this team at this point anymore until I see the necessary changes. Even if it means Tomlin DOESN'T get fired and actually learns how to properly coach. If that's even possible.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Do you hope we get a new coach like I do? Just asking. I'm surprised you're not saying anything about hoping for any changes though. Because I mean. We had the second seed mid season and now we're not even in the playoffs. Wouldn't you be wanting some change too? Again, just asking. Not looking to start anything. Just looking for your opinion here.

But oh well, at least I don't have to worry about sports for awhile. Not even cheering for this team at this point anymore until I see the necessary changes. Even if it means Tomlin DOESN'T get fired and actually learns how to properly coach. If that's even possible.

I said before I'm not going down that rabbit hole. Stop pushing the debate onto me. You rant to yourself, not me.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I said before I'm not going down that rabbit hole. Stop pushing the debate onto me. You rant to yourself, not me.

...? What? All I asked was if you hoped for change so this team doesn't miss the playoffs a second season in a row. I'm not trying to get you to debate anything. Why are you being so hostile too?

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...? What? All I asked was if you hoped for change so this team doesn't miss the playoffs a second season in a row. I'm not trying to get you to debate anything. Why are you being so hostile too?

I'm being assertive, not aggressive. As for "What?", you asked me about coaching after I've stated a week ago that I don't want to go down that rabbit hole where I was very adamantly against such an idea, as you likely remembered well. You also gave your thoughts about the coaching in the very same post where you quoted me, so that seemed like an indication to me that you wished for me to listen to you about your dismays which I do disagree with still but I'd rather not go into.

In any case, I'm not going to talk about it with you. Like I said,

On 12/23/2018 at 8:40 PM, NoirCore said:

You go ahead and (respectfully) rant when you feel like it, and I'll just be as chill as Wrys over here.

I admit to not being clear enough when I say "over here", but I mean don't get me involved in your sports rants. I want nothing to do with them from now on, even if you're asking for my opinion in relation to the rant. If I do happen to give my input on the situation, it'll be because I intended to before you talked about it.

I don't intend hostility with my words, but I want you to get the idea, especially since from my perspective, you normally aren't in a pleasant mood after negative outcomes like this.

8 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I'm being assertive, not aggressive. As for "What?", you asked me about coaching after I've stated a week ago that I don't want to go down that rabbit hole where I was very adamantly against such an idea, as you likely remembered well. You also gave your thoughts about the coaching in the very same post where you quoted me, so that seemed like an indication to me that you wished for me to listen to you about your dismays which I do disagree with still but I'd rather not go into.

I must not have remembered that for some reason. But now I do since you reminded me. Okay then.

9 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I admit to not being clear enough when I say "over here", but I mean don't get me involved in your sports rants. I want nothing to do with them from now on, even if you're asking for my opinion in relation to the rant. If I do happen to give my input on the situation, it'll be because I intended to before you talked about it.

I don't intend hostility with my words, but I want you to get the idea, especially since from my perspective, you normally aren't in a pleasant mood after negative outcomes like this.

Alright then, I guess.

You're right, though I already wasn't in that great of a mood before the end of those two games for unrelated reasons.

However, the main reason I asked you things like this is because you're the only other Steelers fan here. But I won't bother you anymore, then...

Well at least this season is over. I can't fully blame the offense for looking like shit, you can't expect much when you line up a 4th string tackle against JJ Watt with a 3rd string tackle on the other side.

The Steelers could probably do better coaching wise than Tomlin, but they could also do significantly worse and I wouldn't expect drastic moves based on how their ownership has acted in the past. The team looks to be heading towards decline soon regardless as Big Ben's retirement looms.

i thought we were playing the fucking lions until 4:20 today and then it turned out to be the bears

i literally went to bed last night all happy, ooh, everton lost to brighton and hove albion (a fake place) but at least we're going to destroy the lions tomorrow!!! and then it wasn't the fucking bears

sports suck today. see you all next year.

3 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I would be all in favor of a Mike Tomlin firing and that's all you should need to know

Why, exactly? We could end up with a much better coach and get a SB win.

2 hours ago, -Cynthia- said:

The Steelers could probably do better coaching wise than Tomlin, but they could also do significantly worse and I wouldn't expect drastic moves based on how their ownership has acted in the past. The team looks to be heading towards decline soon regardless as Big Ben's retirement looms.

Unfortunately, I agree. The Rooneys are stubborn idiots who don't like firing people even when they really should be. They were lucky with Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher at HC. But Tomlin is not on their level. Cowher may have had a few losing seasons, but he didn't have the personnel Tomlin does. Tomlin can't get us many playoff wins at all and he has so much talent to work with.

Now sure, there's worse than Tomlin. But there's definitely better too.

And I don't know about decline, we actually might have pretty nice successors at QB in Josh Dobbs and Mason Rudolph. They showed promise. But we will have to see if they can do well long term once Ben's out.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He's also always had elite players to work with. They've been carrying him a bit. And you'd think with all these talented players he's had, he'd make one more SB or two in the time he's had. Belichick could. But Tomlin? Nah. Can't even win an AFC game anymore now.

And like I said. This team went from holding the second seed to probably missing the playoffs. There is a serious problem there.

Though man, am I SO glad we finally beat the Patriots. I got so tired of losing to them and the sting of last year's matchup lingered on top of that.

i don't disagree with you necessarily, but as raven points out: the odds are very low.

13 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

THE RAVENS WIN THE AFC NORTH

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

nice man. i'm pretty happy with the afc seeding, aside from the pats getting in. i think the browns are getting in next year!!

nfc seeding has seahawks, which is annoying...

6 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

the odds of that are very low

fischer confirmed steelers new head coach.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

i don't disagree with you necessarily, but as raven points out: the odds are very low.

Sure, there are only so many good coaches out there. It could be a process. But there's always a chance we could get one that's good enough before Ben retires and get him a third ring. I can basically guarantee Ben would retire right away if that happened though.

And the way the Rooneys work, one thing I do like that they do, is that they don't really take anyone from outside, they typically promote a staffer they already have. So very likely, we'd see Keith Butler, Randy Fichtner, or some other dude in the coaching squad elevated to HC. Both those guys were already promoted from other positions too. Butler was the LB coach before DC and Fichtner was the QB coach before OC.

So you more than likely wouldn't see us picking up some outside scrub like Adam Gase, Marvin Lewis, or whoever the hell else got fired today.