2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, chococoke said:

Geez, the Steelers are legitimately a soap opera lol

Yup, just heard about AB. Seems like plenty of drama for them pre and post-season.

22 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I would be all in favor of a Mike Tomlin firing and that's all you should need to know

i mean i suspect your perspective is from someone who is a rival so of course you'd think that :P

At first I was like "what are you talking about, I haven't seen anything related to AB" because I'd been on Twitter and NFL.com and such a few times lately and saw nothing. Now I see something saying he left the Bengals game early. I thought he was just sidelined with an injury.

I think that behavior isn't acceptable and he made a poor choice here. But he has every right to be as frustrated right now as he wants. He played his damndest this season and every season and even saved his team single-handedly in some games. He pretty much always came prepared and ready and worked hard to get to where he is after only coming into the league as a 6th rounder. He's shown to be a super nice guy and fun father/husband too on top of that. And he's still not gotten a ring to show for it. If I were him, I'd be really frustrated too. I just think he let that go to his head here. He better chill out before he gets put on the chopping block like Bell or Mike Wallace.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:54 AM, Phoenix Wright said:

my favorite thing about him is that we've started spelling his name with a c to represent the most average of grades. :lol:

i did it because i legit thought that was how his name was spelled

turns out his name is more basic than that

also fuck jeff fisher, motherfucker stole trent dilfer's playbook after we fucked their ass in the last week of the 2000 season, and we fucked them up in the divisional round and won a super bowl

what a fuck

also i submitted this to dr phil

7ce80a676526c0014bb3abc60a54c9a2.png

i hope they fix their problems

10 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

also fuck jeff fisher, motherfucker stole trent dilfer's playbook after we fucked their ass in the last week of the 2000 season, and we fucked them up in the divisional round and won a super bowl

what a fuck

sorry, i meant those of us real fans in the la rams subreddit. i actually didn't notice you did it lol.

fuuuuuck dr phil better pick this up!!!

The Steelers fired Joey Porter! Man, that stinks, I actually liked him. Yeah, he had some off the field dumb shit that year Vontaze Burfict knocked out all three of our star offense guys, but he still did his job.

But I guess this means the Rooneys aren't allergic to firing people after all. Can Tomlin be next? XP

On 1/2/2019 at 7:13 PM, Lord Raven said:

what a fuck

sir

i believe you have been overdosing on snarkahol

you're going to have to come with us

As for the Porter stuff, I think it was a smart move to fire him. Guy's had a hotheaded past (including the time that he somehow didn't get penalized in that infamous Bengals game where both teams' members were doing aggressive actions they shouldn't have been even thinking about doing) that's had me suspicious of him and apparently I'm hearing the guy tried to divide the locker room's offense and defense against each other for some silly reason? Should that report be true, I'd say that's great that the Steelers fired him because more division's the last thing Tomlin and the team needs right now trying to juggle this mess, never mind why is a staff member trying to sabotage the team.

also as a side note if the steelers falling to meh status causes a cosmic reaction that makes the pirates a consistently great team in the MLB again beyond just getting winning seasons i'm okay with that :P

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I'm hearing the guy tried to divide the locker room's offense and defense against each other for some silly reason? Should that report be true, I'd say that's great that the Steelers fired him because more division's the last thing Tomlin and the team needs right now trying to juggle this mess, never mind why is a staff member trying to sabotage the team.

Where'd you hear that at? I've never heard it before. That is messed up if it's true and would change my mind about Porter. Because yeah, we don't need any divides going on here at all. And just as you said, why sabotage the team in ANY way? :/

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Where'd you hear that at? I've never heard it before. That is messed up if it's true and would change my mind about Porter. Because yeah, we don't need any divides going on here at all. And just as you said, why sabotage the team in ANY way? :/

This is where I heard it via Bleacher Report's app. Of course, even before that, I've had my concerns with his behavior.

45 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

This is where I heard it via Bleacher Report's app. Of course, even before that, I've had my concerns with his behavior.

I see. Looks like that could be a credible source too. Sucks if he really did this and it was for the best then that he got canned.

I hate Terrell Suggs myself. I think he's a dirty mfer. Though not as bad as Vontaze Burfict, of course. He also likes to run his stupid mouth and say things like he owns Ben, and yet our o-line's kept him pretty well in check lately. :P

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, chococoke said:

I actually really like Suggs, not gonna lie. He's a beast and he's been balling for a long time. I never thought he was a dirty player.

Also Lamar is a fumble machine

Looking at the first two pages of results from a Google search, it seems like he's had some controversy from 2015 and before that, but I'm not seeing any news articles after that save for a "top 8 dirtiest players" list that doesn't bring up anything specific from after that. I haven't really followed him closely, so I'm not the most familiar with his antics or if he's kept them up recently.

But yeah, I saw some stat trivia that Lamar apparently ties for the most fumble-prone QB in the NFL in spite of starting later in the season? That's a notable concern even with his good play.

19 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Looking at the first two pages of results from a Google search, it seems like he's had some controversy from 2015 and before that, but I'm not seeing any news articles after that save for a "top 8 dirtiest players" list that doesn't bring up anything specific from after that. I haven't really followed him closely, so I'm not the most familiar with his antics or if he's kept them up recently.

Yeah, there's stuff like that, and he has done some dirty stuff on the field. For example, during that short time we had LeGarrette Blount at RB alongside Bell, he tried taking out Blount's legs after he'd already been wrapped up and the whistle was blowing. Nobody knew what the hell he was thinking here.

And as I'd said, he runs his mouth and says stupid shit sometimes.

Lamar Jackson has butterfingers lol. That would be a concern if the Ravens really are letting Flacco go.

Edited by Anacybele

Chicago is going to be super depressed for awhile, Bears have been terrible for a long time to finally get to the playoffs, finally win the division after many years, and then to lose like that.  Seems someone did get a finger(s) on the kick so all blame can't go on Parkey, still...ouch.  Reminds me of a few years ago when Blair Walsh missed a kick against the Seahawks that was a chip shot end of game.  Painful horrible way to lose.

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Chicago is going to be super depressed for awhile, Bears have been terrible for a long time to finally get to the playoffs, finally win the division after many years, and then to lose like that.  Seems someone did get a finger(s) on the kick so all blame can't go on Parkey, still...ouch.  Reminds me of a few years ago when Blair Walsh missed a kick against the Seahawks that was a chip shot end of game.  Painful horrible way to lose.

I don't even like football, but the last 2 minutes of that game is the stuff legends are made of 

8 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They have a young core, COTY candidate and a young defense. They'll get over it. That's how I go over the playoff loss; Jackson brought us within striking range and made LA quiver for 7.5 minutes, surprising for a "running QB."

Trubisky's still pretty raw and growing. He's showing tons of promise as is. Watson, his draftmate QB, played far worse in his debut playoff game, and Jackson's debut playoff game just wasn't good for 50 quarters.

Anyway, fire Marty Mohrningweg. Love me some Joe Flacco, but it's time to move on. Let me post a tweet to emphasize how much I absolutely fucking love Joe Flacco.

That was one of the worst Field Goal attempts I've ever seen. I know they changed it to a block, but I don't think that would make Parkey any happier.

But now we get the Cowboys, which ironically is my second favorite team. Not because I live in Arlington, but because they have a good history. But I've been getting a lot of dirty looks at work since Monday Morning.