2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

How many times do we have to see the damn Patriots in the AFC title game before someone kicks their asses out of the playoffs earlier. Seriously...

I'm thinking Chiefs/Rams Super Bowl though. I feel like they're the best teams right now.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people are rumoring Joe Flacco to the Jags (although mostly just La Canfora who is wrong most of the time). I really don't like this idea, they've been pretty much the same statistically the past two years or so, except Flacco is older and more injury prone. Ravens also probably wouldn't have any interest in Bortles, so we'd have to pay both which we really don't have the cap space for atm.

It reminds me of when people kept saying we'd get Eli Manning the past few offseasons. Yeah we have a QB problem, but the solution is not QBs playing at a below average level nearing retirement.

Edited by -Cynthia-

In a hard cap sport where it is super hard just to make the playoffs and especially somewhat consistency, this is the 8th AFC championship in a row the Pats are playing in.  People talk about lack of talent, but what do we actually see in these post season games most of the time?  Good protection, wide open receivers, efficient run game, and on the other side doing anything is like pulling teeth.  Philip rivers was hit like every play, he had to throw in super tight windows to get anything, there was rarely anything super open, run game was completely shut down.  

It's cause that old man in the hoodie he is a super genius.  When do you see the Patriots ever blown out or beaten badly?  In the playoffs?   They either win (what happens most of the time) or they barely lose (rare). 

12 hours ago, -Cynthia- said:

So people are rumoring Joe Flacco to the Jags (although mostly just La Canfora who is wrong most of the time). I really don't like this idea, they've been pretty much the same statistically the past two years or so, except Flacco is older and more injury prone. Ravens also probably wouldn't have any interest in Bortles, so we'd have to pay both which we really don't have the cap space for atm.

Yeah JLC kept saying that Harbaugh would leave the Ravens. Welp.

Flacco to the Jags is a bad fit. I'm not sure how the Broncos cap situation looks like, but the Broncos or the Giants might be the best spot for him to land. As long as he doesn't play for like Washington or New England.

Edited by Lord Raven

Speaking of the Broncos, they're apparently the expected frontrunner for AB. I still don't want him to go anywhere...

And besides, there isn't anything the Broncos can give us for him as far as I can tell.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

perfect, we don't have to fight magic. we just have to beat brees. B) 1-1 so far.

The Saints offense struggled a bit against the Eagles defense, so it's within out capability.

44 minutes ago, The Dread Pirate Roberts said:

The Saints offense struggled a bit against the Eagles defense, so it's within out capability.

i think the saints d will dominate for a bit. but, i'm hoping talib will body michael thomas for the game, so that it doesn't have to be a shootout like last time. especially a 21-pt deficit shootout.

lmaoooooo

Edited by Phoenix Wright

GAME DAY

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have a whole lot of confidence in this game. The Chiefs’ offense is super explosive, and Mahomes is simply a special QB. The patriots have also been garbage on the road this season. I haven’t been super impressed with their coaching this season, though I do trust whatever game plan Bill has cooked up for this game. Also, I predict we’ll see at least one Gronk spike tonight. LFG

Great, now Burnett wants out of Pittsburgh too. Are all our players eventually going to leave us? Heartbreaking... Tomlin apparently is promising change to the organization, but I don't have confidence he can do much, regardless of what he tries. It feels like the drama from this season has left some stains that will be really hard to clean out.

On another note, OT for the Rams and Saints. Just noticed. Ugh. I'm still on the Rams side here.

EDIT: RAMS WIN! Chiefs, you better god damn crush those Patriots.

Edited by Anacybele

kinda bullshit that all they're gonna talk about is the missed pi. what about the facemask? what about all the other shit they missed?

this was an extremely poorly called game. not a rigged one. /r/nfl is so goddamn annoying with their pushed narratives.

15 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

kinda bullshit that all they're gonna talk about is the missed pi. what about the facemask? what about all the other shit they missed?

this was an extremely poorly called game. not a rigged one. /r/nfl is so goddamn annoying with their pushed narratives.

I feel you. Officiating this season seems like it was bad in general.

Welp, so much for the Chiefs. They don't look like they're trying at all. Even their offense sucks ass atm.

And it looks like both these games met shit officiating too. Wow.

Patriots guy slaps Mahomes in the shoulder: refs don't call roughing. Okay, I can agree with that one.

Chiefs guy does literally the exact same thing to Brady: refs call roughing. ...The fuck? Commentators even agreed this was a bad call.

Chiefs guy drops ball to the ground as he fell: refs call incomplete. Okay, that's correct too.

Patriots guy does the exact same thing: refs say complete. ...Again, wtf?

Did I completely miss something here?

Also, that overturned muffed punt, I think at the very least, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn that. Though I also think the Patriots guy's thumb might have JUUUST brushed the ball too. It was really hard to tell.

Saints got screwed on a bad no-call themselves. Just saw the video, that was blatant PI that should've been on the Rams. Worst officiated games I've ever seen this season, seriously (except that year they had replacement refs, I guess). Even if I had called the SB right, which it doesn't look like, because the Chiefs lost.

EDIT: OH WAIT, THEY TIED IT UP AND ARE GOING TO OT. THERE'S STILL A CHANCE I CALLED THE SB RIGHT! Damn, I didn't think the Chiefs had enough time. o_O

EDIT2: Nope, they did lose. Fuck the Patriots.

Edited by Anacybele

Saints blown call was terrible but it is hard for me to sympathize with the 'Bountygate' team.  Ending the career of Kurt Warner and pretty much ending the career of Brett Favre.  Absolutely disgusting.  While Greg Williams, who should be in prison, is not on the Saints (but being hired by teams who have no moral decency) Sean Payton was aware of it and approved.  Karma, hey at least no one on the saints got crippled, they just got screwed out of a game.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:41 PM, Lewyn said:

Saints blown call was terrible but it is hard for me to sympathize with the 'Bountygate' team.  Ending the career of Kurt Warner and pretty much ending the career of Brett Favre.  Absolutely disgusting.  While Greg Williams, who should be in prison, is not on the Saints (but being hired by teams who have no moral decency) Sean Payton was aware of it and approved.  Karma, hey at least no one on the saints got crippled, they just got screwed out of a game.

Everyone did bounties, as many players have come out and said. The bullshit was that Payton was suspended for it.

That Saints defense was aggressive and turnover heavy all game. Warner's career was on life support at that point (remember he only started 16 games in three seasons of his career) as was that Cardinals' Super Bowl window, and Favre's career ended due to the Minnesota turf after their stadium collapsed not "bountygate."

Gregg Williams' speech was definitely taking it too far, but from what I hear it was a league wide problem that only the Saints got punished for.

Having that said, Stan Kroenke seized land and caused some former tenants of the land to kill themselves just to move the Rams to LA. I really don't believe there's any moral superiority among any NFL team, and I think Washington is the only one that is a clear tier below all the other 31 franchises.

They were hitting people low and high at the same time, way way after the whistle.  Other defensive players yeah want to do a hard hit, but a clean hit.  Not something to cripple and end careers.  

Yeah I'm sure that super late smash hit on Warner had nothing to do with ending his career.  Sure.  Also they busted Favres ankle permanently, no other QB would even finish the game on that. That is what essentially ended his career.

Payton was suspended cause he was aware of it and didn't stop it, which in essence is approving of it.  It is like some kid in a school beating up all the other kids and teachers, and the principal being aware of it but not doing anything.  Payton has head coach could have put a stop to it once made aware, but he was all for it. 

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They were hitting people low and high at the same time, way way after the whistle.

A lot of DLinemen do that. Watch an AFC North game from the 2000s if you don't believe me.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Payton was suspended cause he was aware of it and didn't stop it, which in essence is approving of it.  It is like some kid in a school beating up all the other kids and teachers, and the principal being aware of it but not doing anything.  Payton has head coach could have put a stop to it once made aware, but he was all for it. 

Payton was suspended because he got caught.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah I'm sure that super late smash hit on Warner had nothing to do with ending his career.  Sure.  Also they busted Favres ankle permanently, no other QB would even finish the game on that. That is what essentially ended his career.

They were both 38 and suffered much worse hits through their career. They played pre-2005 NFL. The fact of the matter is that Favre's next season hew as 40 and played like 9 games before basically retiring. Warner was old and he missed a lot of games due to injury throughout his career. I mean, bruh, nothing happened to Peyton Manning or Matt Ryan or the other 12 QBs they played that season. Notice the massive age gap.

Edited by Lord Raven

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this SB sucks. Very low scoring and not much going on at all. And of course, one team playing in it is the Patriots and they're winning. Booooring.

The Rams have no offense though, like wow. It's only dumb luck that they even have a FG on the board. How did they even make it to this game?

Edited by Anacybele

54 minutes ago, PickleKnight97 said:

Haven't been watching the Super Bowl... but it doesn't look like I'm missing much.

You're missing the commercials! :P:

Saw a bit of the Super Bowl, took a look at the score, and decided I had better things to do with my time than ogle at both defensive lines.

On one hand, fuck the Patriots, now my Steelers are no longer the only team with six SB wins. Thanks a lot, Rams.

On the other, I guess I can say at least my Steelers actually beat the SB champions. Since we did beat them in the regular season, finally. And maybe losing our SB record will motivate them to try getting it back real soon. I hope.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You're missing the commercials! :P:

Saw a bit of the Super Bowl, took a look at the score, and decided I had better things to do with my time than ogle at both defensive lines.

I dunno were those even any good? Heard pretty mixed things.