2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, Superbowl was tonight. Well, since most of my friends like the Patriots, I suppose I was rooting for them, so yay. I think this was their sixth year winning, so that's neat.

Didn't watch the game, although it looks like I didn't miss much.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On one hand, fuck the Patriots, now my Steelers are no longer the only team with six SB wins. Thanks a lot, Rams.

Hey, it's not like they were playing for the Steelers' sake. You talk like they owe you a favor. :P

But yeah, sorta boring SB on account of a high defense from both teams throughout the game. Defense may win championships, but offense sells tickets. :P It's more boring seeing the Pats win again, but being a Penguins fan with our recent history of Stanley Cup wins, I admit to being a hypocrite. :P

Surprised Brady isn't done yet, but as physically alien of a man as he is, I think he's going to wear down soon. Everyone's got a time limit.

17 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

It's more boring seeing the Pats win again, but being a Penguins fan with our recent history of Stanley Cup wins, I admit to being a hypocrite. :P

We haven't been to 8 Stanley Cup finals in the last 20 years though, just...four, I believe. :P But I do kinda get your point. Sidney Crosby is probably the Brady of the NHL too, just without all the controversies. And Sid isn't a whiny baby.

And yeah, Brady HAS to have a limit, he should go down hill real soon at his age.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We haven't been to 8 Stanley Cup finals in the last 20 years though, just...four, I believe. :P But I do kinda get your point. Sidney Crosby is probably the Brady of the NHL too, just without all the controversies. And Sid isn't a whiny baby.

And yeah, Brady HAS to have a limit, he should go down hill real soon at his age.

...Brady whines? Sources, please.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...Brady whines? Sources, please.

He did so just in this game. My mom and I saw him crying at least twice. I also saw him try to argue with the refs once. And in past games, I've seen him kinda throw a fit more than once, mainly at refs or something.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He did so just in this game. My mom and I saw him crying at least twice. I also saw him try to argue with the refs once. And in past games, I've seen him kinda throw a fit more than once, mainly at refs or something.

...yeah, sorry, but sources. I know that sports fans can be heavily fueled by bias and exaggerate, especially so soon in the aftermath of a team they despise winning a championship. I'm aware people accuse Crosby of whining to the refs as well without giving video proof (never mind that complaining to the refs is something many sports players do anyway, right or wrong based on what they players see, which is a double standard), so I'm holding a "I'll see it when I believe it" mindset towards this in this sports world. If you know he does, then I'd like to see the clips of his fits with contexts as to why said fits happen. Otherwise... *shrug*

...yeah, sorry, but sources. I know that sports fans can be heavily fueled by bias and exaggerate, especially so soon in the aftermath of a team they despise winning a championship. I'm aware people accuse Crosby of whining to the refs as well without giving video proof (never mind that complaining to the refs is something many sports players do anyway, right or wrong based on what they players see, which is a double standard), so I'm holding a "I'll see it when I believe it" mindset towards this in this sports world. If you know he does, then I'd like to see the clips of his fits with contexts as to why said fits happen. Otherwise... *shrug*

I'm not lying though. And sure, lots of players complain to the refs at times. But some do it more often than others, is the thing. Once in awhile and for a good reason is one thing, but when you're going at them about every little thing, it gets to be too much.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not lying though. And sure, lots of players complain to the refs at times. But some do it more often than others, is the thing. Once in awhile and for a good reason is one thing, but when you're going at them about every little thing, it gets to be too much.

Maybe not intentionally, but again, I know people can be biased and think otherwise from what may be considered right from a more objective perspective, especially regarding a hated rival. You definitely have shown a hatred for the Pats plenty of times here (especially with your strikethrough snark shot we're arguing about right now), so that's part of why I'm skeptical, to be blunt with you.

Sorry, but until I see someone show me video proof that Brady wrongfully whines and goes into fits more often than the average player, I can't take your word for it. For all I know, it's just more biased hate against him like Crosby gets just for being the guy often in the news and the championship scene.

Maybe not intentionally, but again, I know people can be biased and think otherwise from what may be considered right from a more objective perspective, especially regarding a hated rival. You definitely have shown a hatred for the Pats plenty of times here (especially with your strikethrough snark shot we're arguing about right now), so that's part of why I'm skeptical, to be blunt with you.

Sorry, but until I see someone show me video proof that Brady wrongfully whines and goes into fits more often than the average player, I can't take your word for it. For all I know, it's just more biased hate against him like Crosby gets just for being the guy often in the news and the championship scene.

Yeah, you're right, some people can be really biased. I admit I have anti-bias against the Pats as you pointed out. I try not to let bias get to me too much when I make comments like that though. I really do. Just saying.

well that sucked. i don't think it was a boring game tho. defensive battles are as exciting to me as shootouts. the 2 reasons this game isn't a classic are:

1a. rams offense shot themselves in the foot more often than the defense got stops. not to take away from the pats' performance. it was nearly as good as the rams' d performance.

1b. didn't score a touchdown. cooks had 2 chances to score, but he fucked up the first time and goff fucked up the second time. sad!

2. the rams didn't destroy the dynasty they helped to create.

mcvay got outcoached. im upset but im not even mad. belichick is the best there is, period. 

i was happy to see brady played like shit tonight (at least to goat standards lol). i have no fucking clue how edelman was able to get open so often. i guess he's a damn good player...

Edited by Phoenix Wright

i don't think i have a single reaction for that game

i just remember suffering through the first half because i was playing a drinking game where we took a drink for every rams first down. thankfully i was drunk as fuck for the fourth because that was the worst super bowl i have ever seen by a country mile and i feel like the patriots deserve their 6th ring because frankly it felt like the patriots just kinda intimidated teams on their way to the lombardi

seriously did they castrate every single member of both super bowl teams? what the fuck did I just watched???? that shitshow of a super bowl was the worst fucking thing ever. i really just want to say "fuck it new england take your 3 playoff wins and your super bowl ring and let's all pretend this super bowl never fucking happened"

i am so glad the patriots got their 6th ring in the most flaccid way possible. i'm actually very neutral to it, as i am to the result of this super bowl

like i'm just really happy that super bowl ended because it was such a shitshow of a slopfest of a super bowl

• 2 weeks later...

There goes Flacco to Denver. It’s funny watching people shit on him on Twitter. The man went fucking haywire and carried his team to a championship. It’s fair to wonder how much of his money he owes to Rahim Moore (watching that playoff game with my older brother, who happens to be a Ravens fan, is probably my favorite non-Patriots football memory)

@Lord Raven how are you feeling about Lamar Jackson going forward?

Here's my thoughts. First off, the athletic has a wonderful article summarizing Joe Flacco's career in Baltimore: https://theathletic.com/816066/2019/02/13/zrebiec-an-appreciation-of-joe-flacco-a-quarterback-who-was-always-going-to-be-himself/?source=dailyemail

The athletic is REALLY good and I recommend a subscription. 30/year if you use a student email.

Regardless, that Zrebiec article sums up my feelings on Flacco: this was the right move, he was starting to get injuries and he began to regress from his high peak potential in the first few non-Bengals games of the season (and the last 6 games of last year) back to below average. Unwatchably bad. Our run game was like 3.3 ypc, and we drafted a QB in the first because we needed contingencies. I understood the pick for Jackson.

Flacco's peak is ridiculous and they're running the Shanahan scheme that Flacco absolutely fucking loved. Patriots fans know better than to shit on him because of how much Flacco has actually torched them through his career despite being only 3-6 (which is like 12% below their overall win% since 2001, so it is pretty significant). He is quite inconsistent and he turns up the heat in the playoffs as of 2010, it's really insane.

But Jackson's the future. You've seen his insane arm talent on primetime, he can throw some incredible shit in stride and go deep for a TD if needed. He can run and make plays with his legs. The dude stays committed to passing plays and doesn't bail unless he absolutely needs to, and his pocket presence is elite as a rookie. The interior pressure in the Chargers game was bad but the guy can make plays, and he made a chump UDFA in Gus Edwards into a 4.5 YPC back and in 7 games shifted our offense from being #30 int he NFL to #2 in the NFL in rushing.

He needs to work on his footwork _a lot_ to develop passing consistency. Obviously he has trouble recognizing coverages, but that'll come with time and experience and some film room. Guy is a very smart and situationally aware quarterback and he actually does have all the potential in the world. He's durable and knows how to avoid a hit.

He really ducks routine passes despite dropping all these dimes becuase of inconsistent footwork. But he is far from the scrub the football work is eager to crown him right now, because his mental grasp of football is far beyond RG3's. He's a very high ceiling prospect and we've seen that ceiling in flashes; I'm eager to see what will happen moving forward with him. We will not be running him with like 15-20 carries per game like in 2018, because in 2018 we shifted to a rush rush rush rush rush rush pass rush rush rush rush rush offense just to complement the defense and because we basically completely shifted our offense to something relatively simpler for Jackson to get accustomed to + use him as a weapon to win. UrinatingTree (I hate quoting Youtubers) said it best: at the time, it was only four more games. A whole offseason, training camp and preseason as the starting QB with a proper offense will do wonders, especially if he works on his footwork.

I'm pretty excited but also nervous. Our LG and Center spots are not good, and you could see that in the Chargers game.

Edited by Lord Raven

Flacco to Denver is interesting.

On another note, AB's talking to the Rooneys again. That's a good sign. Previously, he tweeted that he was leaving us. :(

Hopefully now the damn drama will be history. AB had no reason to act the way he did. Upset about how the Steelers have been doing lately? Sure. I totally get it. Tomlin can't seem to coach this team to another SB for crap. And AB like any star just wants a ring and he deserves one for all his skill. But he reacted stupidly to this feeling and it just made things worse. I was prepared to sell my AB merch if he left. No reason to keep things for a player that no longer plays for us.

I think the fans have been overdramatic as well though. Like sure, AB made a dumb mistake here and he has to answer for it. But these fans shitting on him act like he murdered someone! Jesus Christ. Be mad at him, but don't act like he's the devil. He's actually a legit nice guy and his heart is always in the right place. It's his head that wasn't here and he does need to get it out of his ass. But I'm not going to trash him for one mistake.

Edited by Anacybele

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Flacco to Denver is interesting.

On another note, AB's talking to the Rooneys again. That's a good sign. Previously, he tweeted that he was leaving us. :(

Hopefully now the damn drama will be history. AB had no reason to act the way he did. Upset about how the Steelers have been doing lately? Sure. I totally get it. Tomlin can't seem to coach this team to another SB for crap. And AB like any star just wants a ring and he deserves one for all his skill. But he reacted stupidly to this feeling and it just made things worse. I was prepared to sell my AB merch if he left. No reason to keep things for a player that no longer plays for us.

I think the fans have been overdramatic as well though. Like sure, AB made a dumb mistake here and he has to answer for it. But these fans shitting on him act like he murdered someone! Jesus Christ. Be mad at him, but don't act like he's the devil. He's actually a legit nice guy and his heart is always in the right place. It's his head that wasn't here and he does need to get it out of his ass. But I'm not going to trash him for one mistake.

didn't you say you were no longer a fan of juju because he fumbled the ball which was one mistake

And technically, he did risk potentially killing someone by driving 100 MPH on the road AND he got into a domestic incident with a woman not too recently. That's not only more than one mistake among others, but also some of the most idiotic and potentially harmful things you can do as a person. Honestly, trade that mess away. He has accumulated so much baggage and I've honestly lost so much respect for him. I also think many other Steeler fans hate him a lot as well, and next he shows up at Heinz, he's getting his butt booed to hell, no matter what.

A great player he may be, but he's got a messy reputation that the team he gets traded to (yes, I don't think he's playing for the Steelers again) has to potentially deal with it. If we keep him, he's not going to be the same as before. The distractions and mayhem off the field he's caused are too much.

Edited by NoirCore

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

didn't you say you were no longer a fan of juju because he fumbled the ball which was one mistake

And technically, he did risk potentially killing someone by driving 100 MPH on the road AND he got into a domestic incident with a woman not too recently. That's not only more than one mistake among others, but also some of the most idiotic and potentially harmful things you can do as a person. Honestly, trade that mess away. He has accumulated so much baggage and I've honestly lost so much respect for him. I also think many other Steeler fans hate him a lot as well, and next he shows up at Heinz, he's getting his butt booed to hell, no matter what.

A great player he may be, but he's got a messy reputation that the team he gets traded to (yes, I don't think he's playing for the Steelers again) has to potentially deal with it. If we keep him, he's not going to be the same as before. The distractions and mayhem off the field he's caused are too much.

Yes, but I'm not constantly shitting on him. xP

Yes, but that's not what fans are shitting on him for, they're shitting on him for leaving that one game. Also, he didn't kill anyone regardless. And what incident are you talking about? I haven't heard anything like that.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, but I'm not constantly shitting on him. xP

Yes, but that's not what fans are shitting on him for, they're shitting on him for leaving that one game. Also, he didn't kill anyone regardless. And what incident are you talking about? I haven't heard anything like that.

Bullcrap. Pretty sure they're ticked at him for causing all this drama and turning his back on the team among his off-the field antics.

Just because he didn't kill anyone does not in any way justify that he put himself as a danger to society. Him not crashing into someone does not make it any less idiotic or bad that he drove that stupidly fast when the potential to kill existed in the first place, let alone for something that requires a ton of responsibility like driving a car. The ends do not justify the means.

And here's that domestic violence news. The woman may have cancelled her report, but that doesn't justify shoving her.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Bullcrap. Pretty sure they're ticked at him for causing all this drama and turning his back on the team among his off-the field antics.

Just because he didn't kill anyone does not in any way justify that he put himself as a danger to society. Him not crashing into someone does not make it any less idiotic or bad that he drove that stupidly fast when the potential to kill existed in the first place, let alone for something that requires a ton of responsibility like driving a car. The ends do not justify the means.

And here's that domestic violence news. The woman may have cancelled her report, but that doesn't justify shoving her.

Not bullcrap. Every comment I see on Twitter or Facebook talks about his "abandoning" the team and such. No mention of the traffic thing.

Of course not, I was only pointing out that he didn't kill anyone. He was an idiot to drive like that, I'm not arguing against that.

Shoving her? That's not "domestic violence" lolwut. Domestic violence would be punching and kicking her and making her bleed and bruise. Geez. All she did was hurt her wrist a bit. I'm not defending AB here, he shouldn't have pushed her, that was really uncalled for, but it isn't like how Ray Rice literally BEAT his wife.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Not bullcrap. Every comment I see on Twitter or Facebook talks about his "abandoning" the team and such. No mention of the traffic thing.

Of course not, I was only pointing out that he didn't kill anyone. He was an idiot to drive like that, I'm not arguing against that.

Shoving her? That's not "domestic violence" lolwut. Domestic violence would be punching and kicking her and making her bleed and bruise. Geez. All she did was hurt her wrist a bit. I'm not defending AB here, he shouldn't have pushed her, that was really uncalled for, but it isn't like how Ray Rice literally BEAT his wife.

Yet somehow the domestic violence news that was notable enough to get on ESPN not too long ago evaded your eye. Still bullcrap because I searched up "brown 100mph" and "ab 100mph" just now on Twitter, looking at latest tweets and there's a fair amount of people calling him out for it nowadays at a time where it's not news.

Oh, you thought I believed him to be an intending murderer. I don't, but damn, is he reckless.

Shoving counts as domestic violence. And knock off the "lolwut" laughter stuff, that's obnoxious, especially when you get something wrong in the same remark because you didn't double check the facts. Might not be punching and cutting, but it still falls under the definition.

Edit: And AB is already adding more friction.

Edited by NoirCore

Shoving counts as domestic violence. And knock off the "lolwut" laughter stuff, that's obnoxious, especially when you get something wrong in the same remark because you didn't double check the facts. Might not be punching and cutting, but it still falls under the definition.

If a simple push was domestic violence, there'd be a lot more people in jail. I've pushed someone intentionally before, yet I was never arrested.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If a simple push was domestic violence, there'd be a lot more people in jail. I've pushed someone intentionally before, yet I was never arrested.

Reread the article. Domestic violence doesn't apply to just anyone.

Also, in case you're interested, I edited my post with more "AB is causing more Steelers trouble" news.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Reread the article. Domestic violence doesn't apply to just anyone.

Also, in case you're interested, I edited my post with more "AB is causing more Steelers trouble" news.

Oh, so only black people can commit it? Because AB is black while I'm white? Is that what you're saying? It is NOT a race issue, that is so wrong.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, so only black people can commit it? Because AB is black while I'm white? Is that what you're saying? It is NOT a race issue, that is so wrong.

...the hell?

The article does not imply in any way that only people of certain races can commit domestic violence. I do not understand how you came to that conclusion. I asked you to reread because it mentions it can occur between sexual partners, which if I understand correctly includes a woman and a man whom the woman had a baby with, which is the case here.

Please think carefully before you just out and accuse people of racism.