New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I had a feeling we might get a legendary Lyn, but not this soon. We just had that LA Lyn two months ago, CYL Lyn a few months before that, and Bride Lyn three months before that. Honestly... Are we going to get a Lyn every few months now?

well thanks for jinxing it, now it's definitely gonna happen

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still want to pull WOF!Hinoka before pulling on this banner, but more merges for my Dancers/Singers is tempting.

54 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

What the actual power creeping hell.

I am not sure we know her stats yet. Unless LOFTW!Lyn's Atk and Spd are crazy high, I think BH!Lyn is still better by virtue of being colorless and access to better buffs.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Aren't there 6 Robins in the game though?  It is only fair that some older characters get a bunch of alts too, if they have a big following.  

Except they're split between male and female, so it's not quite the same.

@Arcanite Ugh, I hope not...

Yes I can avoid Red (have Ike and Fallen Celica and don't want to go through this for one unit). Green is the easy winner for me because of Halloween Henry and Performing Arts Inigo; dancers and armored mages are my aesthetic. Legendary Lyn could be cool (I don't have a Wind Legend) but I don't like Wada Sachiko's art for Lyn (I love their art for Titania and Cherche if I'm thinking of the right person), the eyes freak me out.

At least I don't feel as bad about dumping orbs into Hinoka. This looks like a really good legendary banner, but there's nobody I must have like the new Hinoka was.

I don't know how I should feel about this.

My hope was that we would eventually see a New Heroes Summoning Event dedicated to colored Bows (and possibly introducing Louise, just because I want to see Mangs's reaction to her making it into Heroes).  But I guess that just ...ain't ...gonna happen now, is it?  Ah, well.

Maybe I can play around with the inevitable Swift Mulagir refine for Brave!Lyn once that shows up.

But I think I can try pulling on this banner.  I've been interested in getting Genny for Wrathful Staff fodder for some time now, and this may be a good opportunity.

Green: don't need Inigo and Lyn

Red: don't need swords. Got Eirika with near optimal IVs

Blue. Have everyone

Colorless: don't need Jakob, already have Genny, not interested in pulling Grima since her IVs will shape out her build and I don't have enough fodder for something like that

Edited by silveraura25

Pulling green and colorless on this banner.

Henry and Inigo are both meh for me, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting more copies of either of them, as long as I don't get too many. Colorless, however, is rock solid with Jakob and Genny as the non-Legendaries.

I'll pull colorless until I finish my Robin and as many green as I can fit in my budget. Though I do need to grab a few copies of Hinoka and Kana first.

Her skill set is interesting. Law of Sacae gives her a solid enemy phase, assuming her defensive stats aren't terrible, and Swift Mulagir gives her a stronger version of Swift Sparrow on player phase, so long as she moves ahead of the rest of your army. Dropping Law of Sacae for Swift Sparrow or Life and Death gives her an even better player phase.

It's just unfortunate that Law of Sacae is not compatible with Close Counter.

I personally like Yamada Koutarou's faces and hair better, but Wada Sachiko's more vibrant shading.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Colorless: don't need Jakob, already have Micaiah,

Micaiah is blue.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pulling green and colorless on this banner.

Henry and Inigo are both meh for me, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting more copies of either of them, as long as I don't get too many. Colorless, however, is rock solid with Jakob and Genny as the non-Legendaries.

I'll pull colorless until I finish my Robin and as many green as I can fit in my budget. Though I do need to grab a few copies of Hinoka and Kana first.

Her skill set is interesting. Law of Sacae gives her a solid enemy phase, assuming her defensive stats aren't terrible, and Swift Mulagir gives her a stronger version of Swift Sparrow on player phase, so long as she moves ahead of the rest of your army. Dropping Law of Sacae for Swift Sparrow or Life and Death gives her an even better player phase.

It's just unfortunate that Law of Sacae is not compatible with Close Counter.

I personally like Yamada Koutarou's faces and hair better, but Wada Sachiko's more vibrant shading.

Micaiah is blue.

I'm typing on my phone and when I deleted the paragraph containing blue units, Micaiah stayed there because I didn't notice it

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Swift Mulagir is the opposite of Flame Siegmund, triggers when there are more allies than enemies.

(Unless of course the English version is mistranslated)

Seeing Green Lyn makes me happy that I started saving for this banner this week, because she looks amazing. Swift Mulagir looks like inverse Flame Siegmund with an ATK/SPD boost (@Ice Dragon I didn't see anything about Swift Mulagir's effect being limited to Player Phase, was there something about that in the Japanese skill description? Because from what I saw in the English trailer it looks like it works on both phases), Law of Sacae is that on Enemy Phase only and for all the stats, and now I want to give her something along the lines of Swift Mulagir/Moonbow/Laws of Sacae/Vantage/SPD Tactic/Distant DEF and team her up with my Drive ATK & SPD & Falchion Marth, Drive DEF & RES & Hagoita+ Airzura and Spur DEF/RES & Spur RES Male Morgan so Lyn can get a combined +14 ATK/+14 SPD/+20 DEF/+24 RES boost on Enemy Phase, which looks pretty good to me (but probably wouldn't work out so well in practice).

Inigo, Ephraim, Micaiah, Shigure, Grima and Genny would be pretty great too. Even Ike would be alright, since Roy needs Warding Breath. Overall, I need Green (thus probably won't get it) and Blue (doubt I'll get any of the focus units tho), and Colorless would be alright too (though I expect pity breaker Jakob if I try for Grima/Genny). Definitely pulling on this banner, just hope I don't get too many Reds and Colorlesses.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Took me several minutes to comprehend that lyn is a green bow. I think I’d better sidestep the discussion on her getting another alt.

I’m missing two from red, blue, and green. Only seasonal I’m missing is Henry, and that’d give me a shot at the new girl. Would hate to get a third inigo in their place. May will probably not have a new seasonal banner, so I feel like I’m clear to spend some orbs

...Really?

Look, I was expecting a green Archer, so I knew it wasn't going to be Marth. I've had a month to accept that, so it's fine.

But come on, did it really have to be Lyn? I'm glad it wasn't Takumi because I think Legendary alts should be restricted to Lords and OCs, but...it could've been Alm. He could've had his Conqueror outfit, plus he uses bows too. ...and he doesn't have an alt yet.

For that matter, I have a majority of the units on the banner, and those I don't have don't interest me. I was expecting Linde to be on the banner, but noooo. Looks like it's another free summon then skip.

Holy crap does this Lyn look busted.

I'm so glad I also don't have Halloween Henry or Performing Arts Inigo (nor any of the blues in this banner). I'll be all over these two colours. 

Perhaps I'll even draw for red and colourless since I also miss 2 of the 3 units for both colours. 

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Swift Mulagir is the opposite of Flame Siegmund, triggers when there are more allies than enemies.

11 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I didn't see anything about Swift Mulagir's effect being limited to Player Phase, was there something about that in the Japanese skill description?

Oh, I read Swift Mulagir's description wrong and thought it activated under the same conditions as Flame Siegmund because I'm sleep deprived (which would have made it easier to use on player phase than enemy phase).

In that case, she's just boss as fuck on enemy phase with +9/9/4/4 from the presence of enough allies alone. Still unfortunate that you can't run both Law of Sacae and Close Counter at the same time, though.

I have no idea which of my units actually wants that Atk boost. Fjorm can't be blessed, and Brave Ike shares a color, meaning he's better suited to being on Legendary Ike's team instead.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Holy crap does this Lyn look busted.

Doesn't really seem so compared to Brave Lyn. Pros: Lots of stat buffs and a party speed buff. First colored bow unit. Cons: No horse, no DC prevention. We'll have to see her statline first, though.

Swift Mulagir's and Law of Sacae's effects remind me of GBA support effects though. Those could have been crazily broken when paired right.

2 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

Someone should press the orbs for ya, it works for me instead of the classic cult summoning circle ?. I'm not kidding, whenever I'm frustrated with summoning I just hand over my phone to my mother and then magic happens. A good chunk of my 5 stars are ones that she has pulled.

Maybe, but I would personally rather do the pulls myself because then I could feel proud of myself when I do actually pull a 5 star if that makes any sense. Besides, I have basically learned to skip most Legendary banners and any banners that have focus units sharing colors with each others.

I honestly don't even do many summons these days because I have the tools needed to deal with most of the game's challenges and so I'm just sitting on 600 orbs waiting for my favorites like Owain, Kilff and Silas or alts of Anna/Leo/Elise etc.

I’ll apologize in advance for what I mightsay in this post that could be considered rude. 

Garbage. Absolute garbage of a banner. Disgusting. Another Lyn this soon? An alt of an alt. FEH has gone full-on alts-ception now with this one. IS is certainly trying very hard to push her as much as they can, do they?

I’ll just do the free roll and leave. 

On the bright side...

My orbs are safe until the next main banner, at least. That’s a very good thing. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Looks like I’ll be rolling Green. I really wanted H!Henry last year but I ran out of orbs, definitely wouldn’t mind an Inigo, would be okay with a Lyn, the animation is pretty sick.

Though where’s all the outrage for this alt situation, and the 5th Lyn alt on top of this? Seems weird that Hinoka got all that hate for her first alt and somehow Lyn’s just suddenly kinda okay. 

7 minutes ago, thanny said:

Looks like I’ll be rolling Green. I really wanted H!Henry last year but I ran out of orbs, definitely wouldn’t mind an Inigo, would be okay with a Lyn, the animation is pretty sick.

Though where’s all the outrage for this alt situation, and the 5th Lyn alt on top of this? Seems weird that Hinoka got all that hate for her first alt and somehow Lyn’s just suddenly kinda okay. 

I hope what I say doesn't sound rude, but I'm putting it in spoilers just in case

Spoiler

It's probably just the Lyn fanboys who are okay and she's quite popular.

Also, Hinoka getting hate is probably due to just being on normal banner as an alt

Edited by silveraura25

Side note: Her kill animation is the same as the animation for Radiant Dawn's Deadeye skill.

3 minutes ago, SilverNexez said:

Doesn't really seem so compared to Brave Lyn. Pros: Lots of stat buffs and a party speed buff. First colored bow unit. Cons: No horse, no DC prevention. We'll have to see her statline first, though.

Her stats probably don't matter much considering what she has going for her.

She's an enemy-phase bow, which is not common in this game right now. Being a color makes it easier to both tank damage on enemy phase as well as take counterattack damage on player phase because you have one color that is safer than others, and the loss of performance against one color is usually worth it for enemy-phase units.

2 minutes ago, thanny said:

Most people have come to terms with Legendary Hero banners being original characters or alternate versions. I don't think anyone is actually expecting a brand new main-series character to be introduced in a Legendary Hero banner, and the ones that bitch about Legendary Hero banners containing new alts are also going to be bitching about them in regular banners, too.