New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

Leif is a monstrous unit. Sadly, I've seen many who don't see the potential of Light Brand in the current meta of armors (Zelgius and Grima are the most notable examples) and dragons (almost all of them fit into Light Brand's criteria, only 4 exceptions). Reddit posts are full of silly comments like "ugh, they messed up Light Brand, no DC" and "S Drink is so gimmicky". Though that's one community so it doesn't reflect all the people who play FEH 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Lewyn said:

This is true.  FTP would be lucky to pull both Hardin and M F Robin from the banner.  Then on top of that even luckier if they get good IVs, or at least not bad IVs.  While whales probably got Grima+10, Hardin+10 and slapped VF and BF on every other armor they have.  I avoided that banner cause I didn't actually 'need' any of the characters gameplay wise, but I love Hardin and didn't pull cause of the alts.  Now I see there will always be alts, so I regret not pulling for Hardin back then.  

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Lewyn You can have the shittiest nature possible on them, and that still doesn't change the fact they have Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter. If you look up, you'll note that my original comment was Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter added to the standard summoning pool, not Hardin and Grima.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of February and armors, you know what else was in February? Armored Boots.

I think Hardin is one unit in which any IV he has can be worked around. Even a -atk IV isn't necessarily going to be a major issue. He's that good. 

2 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I think Hardin is one unit in which any IV he has can be worked around. Even a -atk IV isn't necessarily going to be a major issue. He's that good. 

Every nature can be worked around on any character. Heck, -Atk Odin can just run Blarblade and Triangle Adept and do just fine.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every nature can be worked around on any character. Heck, -Atk Odin can just run Blarblade and Triangle Adept and do just fine.

Technically, any character can work with TA; unless they have created a archer version of Odin, I think any character can be okay... even if you need the two biggest ways of gaining extra damage to do that (TA and Blade Tome).

9 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Technically, any character can work with TA; unless they have created a archer version of Odin, I think any character can be okay... even if you need the two biggest ways of gaining extra damage to do that (TA and Blade Tome).

And that exactly is one great thing about FEH. There's no character so dominating that there aren't at least a couple ways to counter or work around them, and there's enough that you can salvage even the worst possible character.

More on topic, now that my initial love for Lyn and her art has waned, not quite as keen on this banner having now seen her stats. She'll be good, no doubt, but she doesn't seem like she'll be super amazing and there's a new character banner coming on the tail end that might have someone interesting.

Edited by bottlegnomes

15 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

More on topic, now that my initial love for Lyn and her art has waned, not quite as keen on this banner having now seen her stats. She'll be good, no doubt, but she doesn't seem like she'll be super amazing and there's a new character banner coming on the tail end that might have someone interesting.

LOTW!Lyn can counter Celica, which is quite impressive considering that she is a green unit. I do not think she is really meant to be nuke given her default skills, although you can turn her into one.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

LOTW!Lyn can counter Celica, which is quite impressive considering that she is a green unit. I do not think she is really meant to be nuke given her default skills, although you can turn her into one.

True. I should've specified that I meant more from just my PoV. She's definitely good at what she does, but what she doesn't something I'm super in need of. I'll still definitely be pulling for her, but whereas before I was actually considering throwing caution to the wind in regards to the new character banner right after, now I'm thinking I'll do a few pulls and hold on until the next banner.

9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Most likely, yes. If Lyn had appeared as a many character in Warriors 2, for instance, that would have been fine. But, again, they include her at a detriment to others (it feels). It is subjective... but then if you ate the same thing again and again and again, no matter if you liked it, you'd soon get sick of it, especially if someone was giving you it instead of your favourite foods. Lyn was one of my more liked lords, but note I did not say character. I don't particularly like many of the lords anyway - they're all around the middle of the list for me. Some I like more for their designs than their personality, because I am shallow with characters. I go by appearance first and then see what I think of their personality. Honestly, toss me a new handsome male character from any of the games and I'm happy - as are many with pretty females instead. There may not be a sweet spot that stops people from reacting this way, but at the same time, shoving five variants in a fairly short space of time is definitely not getting anywhere close. 

I have still defended Lyn online, for people making things up about her to make their dislike more 'acceptable', since I don't like people telling lies about a character, but overexposure is always going to cause problems in a game like this. And Seliph shouldn't have to wait a year to get an alt - there are legendary banners and seasonal banners for alts already. Heck, one of Lyn's several variants could have gone to him. She gets four separate variants while, so far, Seliph and Marth have none. So even some of the people who like all the alts we're getting are getting annoyed at it (again, just going by what I can read online. It's likely the majority is happy and silent... but how can you tell?).

Not the best analogy since I can eat pizza every 2 days. Look, I know what you're saying here. Hell, I'm still annoyed that there isn't a groom banner, but for all these complaints to occur for certain banners do they have enough orbs save up? I remember saving up my orbs for the "Fallen Hero" banner only to be annoyed that the "Branded King" was the very next one. I didn't had enough orbs to spend on by then. All these complaints are valid for sure, but I feel like everyone is forgetting how hard it really is to get said units.

If people really are fine with it, then I sure can't tell. Complaints are always more vocal & notable than any enjoyment to be had from the people. I guess that's why there's a trope called "Vocal Minority" & "Silent Majority"

Not interested. I think the only Legendary I've been interested enough to pull on these banners for has been Ephraim. Although I could use more PAInigo merges I'm not going to risk the RNG giving me a ton of Lyn's instead. Looks like my orbs are being saved for another day.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You'll have a tough case selling me that statement on a +HP/-Atk Reinhardt. 

What I'm chasing from this banner:

Red:

V.Ike - Pass (Content with my neutral copy). Warding Breath fodder would be handy, though not in dire need for it atm.

F.Celica - Pass (Already have 2 of her). Chill Speed fodder would be nice though.

SM Erika - Wouldn't mind getting her, though not a priority for me.

Blue:

Legendary Ephraim - Want. Haven't got him yet.

PA! Shigure - One of my top priorities on this banner. Missed out on him last time.

Michaiah - Definitely chasing a copy. Been waiting for her to return on a banner :D

Green:

Legendary Lyn - Chasing a copy. Amazing looking unit in all forms.

PA! Inigo - Like Shigure, I'm definitely after a copy. I ended up with 3 PA! Azura's on my journey to get just the 1 of him.

H. Henry - Great unit, though not a priority for me. However, If I get a copy of him, I won't be to disappointed.

Colourless:

FG Robin - One of my favourite units. Content with my +Res,-Hp copy for the time being, though wouldn't say no to some merges :)

H. Jacob - Definitely want, though not to sure how much i'll be investing into colourless hell at this stage.

Genny - Recently got a +Atk copy of her, so not really after. Wrathful Staff fodder would be cool though.

Priority - PA! Inigo, PA! Shigure, Legendary Lyn, Michaiah, Legendary Ephraim.

Bonus - H.Jacob, H.Henry, FG Robin Merges.

Overall; Amazing Legendary banner. Blue & Green snipe for me, with maybe the odd colourless here & there. Can't wait to summon on this.

2 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Think Robin with access to horse buffs.

On further thought, several of my units could use Wrathful Staff, so my priority is now Green > Colorless > Red > Blue

So concerning the banner itself, 

Red

L!Ike - Not interested in him at all aside from giving me Warding Breath and probably the least appealing unit to me for this color.

Fallen Celica - Sure. My current Celica has a Speed bane which is pretty frustrating. I neglected her for too long now and a replacement should be due.

SM Eirika - I already got a sexy +Spd -Res Eirika so honestly I’m in no need of more copies, but I won’t complain of getting more for merges I guess.

Blue

L!Ephraim - My Ephraim has a useless +HP -Atk IV, so I would be more than happy to replace him with a potentially better one. However, as the other two blue units hold me back from attempting to get him.

Micaiah - Already got an ideal Micaiah, so I don’t really need more of her aside from possible merges. 

P!Shigure - Yeaaaaaaaah nope. Got one long ago and killed him immediately for the valor skill. Don’t want him to pity break me which is why I’ll try to skip blues.

Green

L!Lyn - My #1 target, as I especially needed more green units and I just love Lyn so much.

P!Inigo - Not you again... Admittedly he turned out to be more useful than I expected him to be, but I’m still salty how many times this guy pity broke me back when the Performing Arts banner was up. That being said, I’m not against seeing that +4 Inigo grow some more, but should he prevent me from getting my Lyn then there’s going to be some real salt.

H!Henry - The only unit I never got. I guess I’m fine with getting a copy or two for collection purposes and Armor March is nice.

Colorless 

Grima - She’s a disappointing +Res -Speed, so I’d definitely like to get a better copy of her, but like Ephraim the alternatives keep me at bay. Better wait until next time.

H!Jakob - I know how good this guy is, and I even have an optimal spread for him. However, building him is a pain and I personally don’t care for him as a character. Didn’t help he blocked me from getting Sakura for a bit.

Genny - As a healer, her fodder is only really useful for other healers. However, since all my healers I use are properly built, there’s no need for Genny at the moment. Pass.

So for me it’s Green>Red>>>>>>Colorless=Blue. I hope my luck is as good as it was on the previous banner, but this jinx me instead...

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Votes on the Japanese trailer are now majority negative.

This should send a message, I think.

Hopefully they take it as "We are sick of alts, stop doing them on non seasonal banners!", rather than "We love alts, just not this particular one"

Wow, this is one of the most really interesting banners for a while. And I'm almost at 100 orbs now ! Uh uh uh... Let's see...

Red

L!Ike - Getting another Legendary Ike can be interesting, for merge power and for Warding Breath fodder.

Fallen Celica - I have just one use for her : give her Chill Spd to my Caeda.

SM Eirika - I'm not really interested in her actually.

Blue

L!Ephraim - Didn't got one last time, my normal Ephraim got his weapon tho...

Micaiah - Another interesting units... who'll have difficulties to shine since I have my Robin and my Lute as my mains blue mages.

P!Shigure - A dancer. But that's all. Not interesting enough.

Green

L!Lyn - I broke my Lyn-curse in the last legendary banner, and this one, I'll get it for sure !

P!Inigo - Got already one... I'm not sure of the interest of getting another one.

H!Henry - He appeared before I got my love on Armor Team. He'll be interesting to get.

Colorless 

Grima - Didn't have her last time, can still be interesting to get.

H!Jakob - Same as H!Henry.

Genny - Nether had her, need her Wrathful Staff.

So, in the end, I'll go Grey and Green, and maybe I'll try Red sometimes. Most of luck for all !

As much as I'm not that mad about the whole Lyn alt controversy, I do at least hope that this would be a wake up call to IS that if they are going to keep rolling out alts, at least not to make it the same characters over and over again.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Hopefully they take it as "We are sick of alts, stop doing them on non seasonal banners!", rather than "We love alts, just not this particular one"

How they take it will depend on which future videos also get that kind of treatment.

"Stop doing alts on non-seasonal banners" is probably unrealistic. It'd also be particularly difficult to get across to them, because it'd require downvoting every trailer, and that dilutes the message. A more realistic message is "we're sick of getting the same character as an alt too many times".

The only other strong contender for wind legendary alt is Takumi or if we include thunder with wind affinity then also Reinhardt. Those are the only characters Lyn could've "stolen a spot" from and both also recently got alts. The wind legendary was never going to be Marth, Lucina, and definitely not anyone who isn't a main/original character and already in the game. So I don't really get what people would have preferred for this legendary banner. If it's just because she hit 5 alts, will there be this much complaining when Lucina does too?

The only thing they were locked into was that the new unit would be green, but Wind, Water and Fire were all valid elements to be chosen since they all have just one representative each.

31 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

If it's just because she hit 5 alts, will there be this much complaining when Lucina does too?

Yes. If it's in such a short time since her previous alt, I can guarantee there would be. Even if not within a short period, there'd be displeasure towards that many alts, since it seems like now more than before people are getting tired of non-seasonal alts. Never even mind the fact that there's the fateswakening hate to consider, which Lyn doesn't have. The controversy will die down eventually, but it would most definitely be there. Unless she were to get her next alt later rather than sooner.

11 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

+0 Reinhardt [+HP, -Atk] (Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Quickened Pulse) +6/6/0/0 against +5 [=] (Fury 3) +3/3/3/3 has a match-up tally of 144:42:44 and wins against every red unit except Sigurd and Winter Tharja.

For comparison, +0 Tailtiu [+Spd, -Def] (Blarblade+, Swift Sparrow 2, Attack +3) +4/4/4/4 against the the same opponents has a match-up tally of 143:55:32.

I have been saving up orbs for 2 months for H!Jakob so I am pulling on this banner.  I will be pulling colorless and blue, but I will pull a bit of green since I don't have a wind legendary hero and I am skipping red unless there is no choice.

Anyways, any orb I save up is now going towards the Legendary banner due to the pity breaker Deirdre I got on the Wings of Fate banner

High Priority: SM!Eirika, L!Ephriam, L!Lyn, F!Grima

Medium Priority: H!Jakob, H!Henry, L!Ike (Warding Breath fodder), Genny (Wrathful Staff fodder)

Low Priority: PA!Inigo, PA!Shigure, F!Celica, Michaih