New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

You know, this idea that there's this inherent bias against older characters getting alts as opposed to 3DS would hold a LOT more credence, were it not for the fact that in Heroes's current lifespan of approximately 15 months, Lyn, alone, averages at gaining one new variation every 3 months. While merely having more than one alt is of itself an issue, it is a lesser evil if they're at spaced out well. To save you the time, I'll do the counting for you.

Spoiler

Lyn first arrived from the jump in early Feb 2017, along with the app as a whole. June comes along (~4 months), and she gets her waifu version. Brave Heroes released in September (~3 months), followed by Elibean Valentines early Feb 2018 (~5 months). Then there's Legendary Lyn for this May (~3 months). In Heroes lifespan of what is to be 15 months Lyn will have 5 versions of herself, which on average is one every 3 months.

Meanwhile you have Ike, who came in a little late to the party: Late April and doesn't appear again until Braves in September, like Lyn and his latest ~5 months later as a legend. On average, that's somewhere in between 4 1/2 and 5 months. While a slight tangent, Roy is in the same boat as Ike, minus being at launch between them, making his something like.... ~6 on average

Going away from them, you've Chrom & Lucina, who, if you count the avatar gendersrs separately, tie for the 2nd highest variants. Like Lyn, both were available at launch, though both were among the very first to gain a variant ever in ~2 months in. Another~ 2 months and Masked Marth becomes a thing from the first tempest trial in June 2017. We then get our latest Lucy via CYL  ~3 months later and have yet to reappear since. Chrom on the other hand, had a much larger gap between his 2nd and 3rd, spanning from April 2017 to mid-late December (8 months), and then somehow gaining a horse early March 2018 (~3months). 

And even then, it's not like Lyn is the only character who gets heat for alts; anyone with more than 2 versions and/or is in the regular summoning pool has , with the only exception being Roy, apparently, for being both voted in for one, and being part of the Elibe exclusive seasonal that seemed to have been universally loved for not being 3DS. Ike may have earned each of his, but leaves a bitter taste from having special distinction of being the first non-OC legendary. Ephraim getting a legendary right after his controversial victory over Marth in CYL was sour timing that added insult to injury to an apparently really popular character that hasn't had any spotlight, minus launch and the Falchion banner.

I'm indifferent to alts, but hey, if it looks cool, I'm sold on it tbh. Kinshi Hinoka's baller as shit, as is Paladin Chrom, even though they brought him out just after announcing that Thracia was coming, but later

Edited by Motendra
Apparently I cant acronym for the life of me

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

You know, this idea that there's this inherent bias against older characters getting alts as opposed to 3DS would hold a LOT more credence, were it not for the fact that in Heroes's current lifespan of approximately 15 months, Lyn, alone, averages at gaining one new variation every 3 months. While merely having more than one alt is of itself an issue, it is a lesser evil if they're at spaced out well. To save you the time, I'll do the counting for you.

Reveal hidden contents

Lyn first arrived from the jump in early Feb 2017, along with the app as a whole. June comes along (~4 months), and she gets her waifu version. Brave Heroes released in September (~3 months), followed by Elibean Valentines early Feb 2018 (~5 months). Then there's Legendary Lyn for this May (~3 months). In Heroes lifespan of what is to be 15 months Lyn will have 5 versions of herself, which on average is one every 3 months.

Meanwhile you have Ike, who came in a little late to the party: Late April and doesn't appear again until Braves in September, like Lyn and his latest ~5 months later as a legend. On average, that's somewhere in between 4 1/2 and 5 months. While a slight tangent, Roy is in the same boat as Ike, minus being at launch between them, making his something like.... ~6 on average

Going away from them, you've Chrom & Lucina, who, if you count the avatar gendersrs separately, tie for the 2nd highest variants. Like Lyn, both were available at launch, though both were among the very first to gain a variant ever in ~2 months in. Another~ 2 months and Masked Marth becomes a thing from the first tempest trial in June 2017. We then get our latest Lucy via CYL  ~3 months later and have yet to reappear since. Chrom on the other hand, had a much larger gap between his 2nd and 3rd, spanning from April 2017 to mid-late December (8 months), and then somehow gaining a horse early March 2018 (~3months). 

And even then, it's not like Lyn is the only character who gets heat for alts; anyone with more than 2 versions and/or is in the regular summoning pool has , with the only exception being Roy, apparently, for being both voted in for one, and being part of the Elibe exclusive seasonal that seemed to have been universally loved for not being 3DS. Ike may have earned each of his, but leaves a bitter taste from having special distinction of being the first non-OC legendary. Ephraim getting a legendary right after his controversial victory over Marth in CYL was sour timing that added insult to injury to an apparently really popular character that hasn't had any spotlight, minus launch and the Falchion banner.

I'm indifferent to alts, but hey, if it looks cool, I'm sold on it tbh. Kinshi Hinoka's baller as shit, as is Paladin Chrom, even though they brought him out just after announcing that Thracia was coming, but later

What is the average of Robin?  I know different genders and all that, however when 7th Robin comes which is almost guaranteed since Grima isn't the promoted version of Robin or whatever, is that going to be a good defense?  Also yes there has been general hate  of multiple alts or alts on new hero banners by a small minority including myself, but look at that youtube like/dislike.  It is ridiculous how much more hated Lyn is than F Grima Robin who had the M grima released just a month previously.  I would like to optimistically think it is really the 'straw that broke the camel's back' but I doubt it.  

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

How about we hold off on talk like this until Lucina (or a different Awakening/Fates character) hits four alts and see if the outcry is anything like what Lyn is currently getting? As things stand now, I'm positive this has nothing to do with Lyn being pre-3DS but everything to do with people not approving off any character having this many versions, regardless of their game of origin. And if it isn't that, then it's people just simply getting tired of having the same character (again their game of origin having no bearing on anything) being plopped down in front of their faces.

Again yet no peep with 4th Chrom, or the half dozen Robins.  Instead the fans want more Robins.  

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I really, really want to see where those people are because the sea of salt I've been looking at the past few days I haven't found them even once. 

The anti-alt faction will complain about every non-seasonal alt (they bashed Hinoka so there's no Fates bias there and they also bashed F!Grima so no Awakening bias either). I like to call them out on that because for me that's a shitty double standard. I know my views of all or none are a tad extremist but I just can't stand those that will bash one yet defend/ignore the other when both types are alts and going by their flawed logic both of them take the spots from new characters.

Of course there's people that will be happy when a character they like gets an alt and complain about every other one but that doesn't put them in a "AwakeFates vs old games" mindset, it's just that their faves come from those 2 games just like someone that loves Blazing Blade and Lyn will be happy for this new one yet bash other alts like Grima/Chrom/Eirika/Ephraim/Ike. Those people are hypocrites yes, but them being so isn't some sort of conspiracy that AwakeFates shall rule above the old FE games or anything like that.

Are they on You Tube comments? If so, they shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Those are mostly trolls that are looking to trigger people but they are not representative of the anti-alt faction nor those who are neutral to them.

WF Hinoka is beloved.  The YT like/dislike is overwhelmingly positive, almost everyone loved that trailer and loves her.  The F Grima like/dislike was more, but nowhere remotely close to what Lyn is getting.  It isn't the comments, which are always filled with trolls, but the like/dislike which is a more general consensus of positive reaction or negative reaction.  I am curious what the Japanese twitter reaction is and what comments are being said there however.  

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I'm not sure what community's comments you've been looking at. LA Lyn had a pretty quiet reception for being a 4th alt in dedicated FE communities like here, with many people openly happy about and/or defending her having so many alts. Robin more uniquely gets viewed by a lot of people in a more divided way between genders/Grima, so that's seemed to help prevent some backlash there. You might disagree with that view and just say Robin has the most alts and should be the worst offender, but it doesn't matter if the majority don't seem to see it that way. However, it seems a 5th Lyn merely 2 months after the 4th came along is enough for even some of the neutral crowd and part of her fanbase to be annoyed. Not to mention she's visually barely different in design than her CYL variant (once again having a bow and almost the same outfit again as CYL) which probably doesn't help.

Also did you not see the utter moaning at even the idea of Camilla or Tharja getting more alts out of CYL2, despite they had as many as or less than Lyn to begin with? I don't really see why you're finding Lyn's situation to be a vendetta against older characters, as I've seen plenty of whining over 3DS characters and their alts by older players in the past year. Granted, IS's policy of 3DS-only seasonal banners the whole time helped facilitate that so I can understand it. I haven't seen anything of the same against older characters though, with Lyn even getting more of a pass for her alts seemingly because she's an older character. I personally don't mind alts, within reason, but similarly to you I don't like double standards. However if there is one I've mainly seen it in the opposite direction of what you're stating it is.

The only old character getting an alt that actually seemed to cause some real ire before now was Eirika. And that was because 1) she got an alt in on a regular banner, starting a pattern with Zelgius some disliked, 2) it's both not a natural class pick for her and she's using the tome of a character that some felt could have been in her spot on the banner, 3) it was literally during the week of CYL2 voting where she was at a competitive placing to possibly get a CYL alt and some thought it sabotaged her or even took away the point of getting CYL alt. (Hinoka also just got similar gripes as you probably saw, but Eirika's was worse for happening at a more volatile time.)

The reaction was hardly quiet, and it wasn't Lyn's 4th alt, it was her 4th version.  Many were upset with another Lyn, some that it should have been Ninian or some other character, yadda yadda.  However when we got our 4th Chrom on the Morgan banner there was very little criticism, despite that being a new hero banner where that spot could have been used to debut a new face.  How different visually have the Chroms been also?  Plus this was just regular Chrom very similar stats, with a slightly different version of Falchion on a horse.  Legendary Lyn is more different from Brave Lyn than those 2 versions.  

Tharja and Camilla are generally hated characters, not just by old fans but new fans as well.  They are criticized for being too fan servicy and all that.  However as far as alt hate, Winter Tharja reaction was mostly positive.  The only criticism was armor bikini.  The 3rd Camilla, NY version, was not criticized for being yet another Camilla but cause she has no business being on a Hoshiden banner.  It would be like Ryoma being on Nohr summer.  

If the message they get is "No character should have that many versions" then we shouldn't see a 5th Chrom, 5th Lucina, or 7th Robin for at least a year.  When those come I wonder if they will be bombarded by dislikes.  I doubt it, but I would like to be wrong here. 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

It is ridiculous how much more hated Lyn is than F Grima Robin who had the M grima released just a month previously.

It is not that ridiculous. FV!F!Robin got nearly 400 dislikes, which is a lot higher than previous alts. LOTW!Lyn being right after her did not help and it added to the frustration. There has been slight trend with regular Foci featuring alts receiving lower and lower approval ratings. For Legendary Foci, compared to LL!Ephraim, VL!Ike got a lower approval rating.

51 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Tharja and Camilla are generally hated characters, not just by old fans but new fans as well.

They are hated by a vocal minority against fanservice sure, but definitely not generally hated. I am pretty sure most players are indifferent to fanservice. The minority that do likes fanservice, like me, is actually a significant enough part of the fan base that Nintendo and Intelligent Systems clearly cares about with the release of scaled figures of Camilla and Tharja.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

WF Hinoka is beloved.  The YT like/dislike is overwhelmingly positive, almost everyone loved that trailer and loves her.  The F Grima like/dislike was more, but nowhere remotely close to what Lyn is getting.  It isn't the comments, which are always filled with trolls, but the like/dislike which is a more general consensus of positive reaction or negative reaction.  I am curious what the Japanese twitter reaction is and what comments are being said there however.  

I'll try to put the Like/Dislike bar of every banner released since new years to see how it works. If anyone wants to put the percentual ratios feel free to do so.

Spoiler

New Years (Eng): 3.1k/443. Great reception. 

New Years (Jp): 566/366. Mixed reception. 

World of Dawn (Eng): 3.6k/149.  Great reception.

World of Dawn (Jp): 589/54. Great reception (or I'd like to say that, the number of Likes/Dislikes is too low to make this meaningful).

Sacred Memories (Eng): 4.2k/199. Despite having Eirikalter this banner had great reception.

Sacred Memories (Jp): 769/98. Great reception.

Legendary Ike (Eng): 2.4k/122. This one had fewer likes/dislikes but that can be attributed to the Feh Channel being the main source of this news. Still positive.

Legendary Ike (Jp): 414/45. Same as above.

Love Abounds (Eng): 4.2k/122. Great reception.

Love Abounds (Jp): 759/58. Great reception.

Fallen Heroes (Eng): 6.4k/150. Great reception despite this being an alt centric banner.

Fallen Heroes (Jp): 1.4k/73. People LOVED this banner going by pure numbers.

Legendary Ephraim (Eng): 3.3k/129. Great reception.

Legendary Ephraim (Jp): 528/53. Great reception. 

Branded King (Eng): 4.5k/166. Great reception.

Branded King (Jp): 845/85. Great reception.

Hares at the fair (Eng): 5k/173. Great reception.

Hares at the fair (Jp): 941/69. Great reception.

Legendary Robin (Eng): 5.1k/409. Great reception.

Legendary Robin (Jp): 884/97. Great reception.

World of Thracia (Eng): 3.1k/94. Great reception.

World of Thracia (Jp): 442/50. Great reception.

Wings of Fate (Eng): 5.2k/386. Great reception.

Wings of Fate (Jp): 965/169. Positive reception.

Legendary Lyn (Eng): 4.7k/2.1k. Mixed reception.

Legendary Lyn (Jp): 822/939. Negative reception.

Take into account that the following is just the like/dislike bar and based on the number of views one can tell that the majority didn't vote at all so the bars aren't that good of a representation of how the majority of the fanbase feels regarding these banners.

Another thing to take into account is that the Japanese videos may have influence from the English community because some people like to see both videos (I do that all the time) so the like/dislike ratio doesn't accurately show how Jp feels about those banners.

Edit: Hinoka's banner has almost a 15% dislike ratio in Jp compared to other banners that tend to have a dislike of around 8% to 10% (New Years and Lyn being the exceptions as those two are the ones with the more negative reception) so it isn't as loved as you say.

Edited by Alexmender

11 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Another thing to take into account is that the Japanese videos may have influence from the English community because some people like to see both videos (I do that all the time) so the like/dislike ratio doesn't accurately show how Jp feels about those banners.

LOTW!Lyn also got significantly more votes (nearly 2,000 likes and dislikes) than previous Japanese banners (around 500 to 1,000 likes and dislikes), so I suspect some angry viewers are using duplicate accounts to add additional dislikes.

I wouldn't use Likes/Dislikes as proof of anything, because people are clearly using alt accounts to inflate the dislikes (and people have outright admitted to it)

The Lyn hatebase is real

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

LOTW!Lyn also got significantly more votes (nearly 2,000 likes and dislikes) than previous Japanese banners (around 500 to 1,000 likes and dislikes), so I suspect some angry viewers are using duplicate accounts to add additional dislikes.

Exactly! I wouldn't be surprised that angry people from the Eng side are making this banner feel like it has a worse reception than it actually does. Considering the low number of Likes/Dislikes in Jp videos it would be rather easy for them to skew with the numbers and form a hate bandwagon.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Again yet no peep with 4th Chrom, or the half dozen Robins.  Instead the fans want more Robins.  

I saw mostly disappointment over that banner with "Another Chrom instead of <X kid>, really?"  And I've only seen people joke about a Tactician Legendary Robin, poking fun at the idea of more. I've seen nothing to support their's an actual desire for more Robins right now. People were barely asking for Grima to get in the game as it was(just as much off-hand wishful thinking as getting Duma it seemed), let alone 2 versions.

For Hinoka, the reaction to her has been pretty divided actually. It was basically 1/3 "where is Reina as the first bow flier," 1/3 "great, another normal pool alt," and 1/3 actually glad to see she finally got an alt after getting shafted for so many Fates seasonal banners. And I wouldn't put much stock in youtube likes/dislikes. Though if you are, know that the Valentine banner with Lyn was very well received judging off that. And also I've seen there's people actively trying to spam the Japanese Legendary Lyn video now to get the dislikes over 50%, so it might be more unreliable now.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

The reaction was hardly quiet, and it wasn't Lyn's 4th alt, it was her 4th version.  Many were upset with another Lyn, some that it should have been Ninian or some other character, yadda yadda.  However when we got our 4th Chrom on the Morgan banner there was very little criticism, despite that being a new hero banner where that spot could have been used to debut a new face.  How different visually have the Chroms been also?  Plus this was just regular Chrom very similar stats, with a slightly different version of Falchion on a horse.  Legendary Lyn is more different from Brave Lyn than those 2 versions. 

Plenty were right here defending her getting another alt and happy to complete their "Lyn Emblem." Most of the people I saw complaining about her getting a 4th alt were the same ones that complain about excess alts period. A lot of people liked that banner as a whole even just for the fact it wasn't 3DS-themed. It was really one of the lesser-complained-about seasonal banners I believe.

And you gotta agree that Legendary Lyn looks mostly like another artist drew CYL Lyn. The design itself is barely different, as she wears pretty much the same outfit. Chrom's art wasn't that similar and at least the back-to-back Grimas were different genders. I'm not saying this is the only reason or anything, just for the average person it does make the repetition of her getting another alt more apparent than usual, which probably didn't help things.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Tharja and Camilla are generally hated characters, not just by old fans but new fans as well.  They are criticized for being too fan servicy and all that.  However as far as alt hate, Winter Tharja reaction was mostly positive.  The only criticism was armor bikini.  The 3rd Camilla, NY version, was not criticized for being yet another Camilla but cause she has no business being on a Hoshiden banner.  It would be like Ryoma being on Nohr summer.  

If the message they get is "No character should have that many versions" then we shouldn't see a 5th Chrom, 5th Lucina, or 7th Robin for at least a year.  When those come I wonder if they will be bombarded by dislikes.  I doubt it, but I would like to be wrong here. 

Tharja and Camilla are generally hated here. Plenty of people in these dedicated communities, especially older players, dislike them, but they are still among the most popular female characters in the series. Serenes, Reddit, etc. is not representative of the general fan sentiment.

I honestly don't see Lyn being specifically targeted here at all. I think she just got put into a spot ripe for a shitstorm by IS with the timing and string of recent events for this alt. I think the average player doesn't really care about alts even, but the way IS has handled things right now she's managed to bother even some of them.

That said, I bet this banner makes bank. For even all the complaints and youtube dislikes I'm sure the majority still doesn't care. Especially since even besides Lyn it's a great banner all-around.

Edited by Alkaid

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

What is the average of Robin?  I know different genders and all that, however when 7th Robin comes which is almost guaranteed since Grima isn't the promoted version of Robin or whatever, is that going to be a good defense?  Also yes there has been general hate  of multiple alts or alts on new hero banners by a small minority including myself, but look at that youtube like/dislike.  It is ridiculous how much more hated Lyn is than F Grima Robin who had the M grima released just a month previously.  I would like to optimistically think it is really the 'straw that broke the camel's back' but I doubt it.  

I don’t know about anyone else, but I really don’t want any more Robins for a long time, and I’m saying that as someone who really likes them. I was actually kind of disappointed that they didn’t give one of the Grima’s the grandmaster outfit, since the fact that they didn’t almost guarantees that they’ll eventually add another pair of Robins. 

Also, @ everyone talking about not spending money on the banner to try to send a message, I don’t think that will work. There’s a lot of great characters on it, and there’s no way for IS to know who anyone is trying to get. I’m still probably going to whale for H!Jakob if I run out of orbs.

I'm fairly nervous to pull because i've managed to amass 150+ free to play orbs. Given my luck i might not get anything i want if i choose to summon. Though micaiah is good fodder and i don't have shigure. I would like to pull for ephraim as i whiffed him on his original legendary banner and got 4 shiros instead. I'm not sure, getting cold feet

58 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Thing is, the very reason Robin has 6 collectively is out of necessity for keeping parity between the two genders (even if the scales are tipped *Ba dum tsss* more toward male [note that there isn't a single female version in the regular summoning pool]). As such, grouping them together is kind of pointless cause that would require there to be an "original", which canonically both of them are. If one Robin get's something, naturally the other will follow eventually. For the sake of humoring you though, I suppose we can use male Robin

MaRobin came at launch early Feb 2018, with FeRobin coming soon after as a GHB later that same month (20 days). Next is Summer Robin in July (4/5 months for female and male respectively) and Winter Robin mid December (another 5 months). MaGrima floats in late Feb 2018 ( 2 months) and FeGrima one month after. Simple math doesn't give an accurate portrayal, since both the regular and Grima versions of both genders are so close to each other, effectively diluting the results while the other two have a wide gap, but otherwise, when both genders are taken together, it makes an average of 2.2 months. As separate individuals, MaRobin averages at approximately 7 months, while FeRobin is 6 months

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

You conveniently missed my mention of Chrom. Some saw him as a IS stalling for Thracia when they should have just dropped them there. Some don' t like the idea of Chrom re classing onto a horse for not being "canon enough" in a similar vein to Eirika. I've also heard complaints that he was a rip-off of Sigurd. Either that, or people felt that a hard cap of 4 versions was it and that so long as he doesn't pass that, he's good, which Lucina, the person at the fore-front for having the most at the time, apparently set that standard in the first place.

Simply put, if Lyn never breached that amount, she wouldnt be getting all this flak

I honestly think it's just a simple case of alt fatigue mixed with other deserving characters having pretty much no love. I don't think there's any real bias towards any games or whatever. For example, I like Robin and all. And I was admittedly pretty hyped for M!Grima despite Robin's many alts before. But when F!Grima came out, although I did want her, I still could acknowledge that some characters were getting way too many alts, and were leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. Even though I wanted her I still felt she was a completely unnecessary addition, and time better spent on a different character.

Alts are not the problem. The same alts over and over and over again are the problem, and the more the same characters get more alts, without many other characters getting much of a chance, the more backlash you guys will see. I'm certain about that. Call it an overreaction if you will, but I don't see it just going away if more of the same characters get alts in banners where other characters could have been showcased instead.

If it's any consolation, none of the characters with alts have more than 2 in the regular summoning pool.

That stuff like this is what gets people worked up and typing paragraphs of analysis is I can't take this (or any other) fandom seriously

@Frenzify I feel the biggest problem when it comes to F!Grima is she feels like she was just held back from the Fallen Heroes banner for no reason other than as an attempt to get more money from players after they had already wasted all their orbs. At least for me that’s the part that doesn’t sit quite right to me. Seems like bad business practice. Probably one of the worst handled alts so far rivaled/beaten only by Reinhardt and Olwen in the Thracia banner.

If Lyn wasn’t able to I’d assume it was an unintentional mistake that would get patched as soon as possible. Seems unnecessary to create entirely new bow weapons just because they’re different colors. But all tomes are exclusive to their respective color despite variants functioning the same way so maybe it’s not all that unlikely.

29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

the question is: can Lyn inherit all the bows from the other archers?! I think she shiuld ( see dragons) but IS might forget!

Since the bow icon has all 4 color types under the same button in the SI menu, I don't see why she wouldn't

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

If Lyn wasn’t able to I’d assume it was an unintentional mistake that would get patched as soon as possible. Seems unnecessary to create entirely new bow weapons just because they’re different colors. But all tomes are exclusive to their respective color despite variants functioning the same way so maybe it’s not all that unlikely.

I would guess bows will now get Breath threatment.

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

the question is: can Lyn inherit all the bows from the other archers?! I think she shiuld ( see dragons) but IS might forget!

I've read that hackers have already played with her and confirmed she can. Green brave bow here we come.

14 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I saw mostly disappointment over that banner with "Another Chrom instead of <X kid>, really?"  And I've only seen people joke about a Tactician Legendary Robin, poking fun at the idea of more. I've seen nothing to support their's an actual desire for more Robins right now. People were barely asking for Grima to get in the game as it was(just as much off-hand wishful thinking as getting Duma it seemed), let alone 2 versions.

No, no. I WANT a Grandmaster Legendary (M)Robin, please. There is no joke there. I have an actual desire for a single more Robin (with Levin Sword). And then I'll be good. 

And idk, I think people wanting Grima in the game was pretty high. Not like crazy high or anything, but higher than you think. But I also consider Grima different than Robin, just because he was a villain and I could not be Grima in the game. 

13 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

No, no. I WANT a Grandmaster Legendary (M)Robin, please. There is no joke there. I have an actual desire for a single more Robin (with Levin Sword). And then I'll be good. 

And idk, I think people wanting Grima in the game was pretty high. Not like crazy high or anything, but higher than you think. But I also consider Grima different than Robin, just because he was a villain and I could not be Grima in the game. 

They could just make the Levin Sword into a tome both non-alt Robins can get with a version update. I mean, Felicia's plate isn't or rather doesn't look like a dagger, but is still considered as one. A sword that conjures lightning wouldn't be so farfetched as to be considered as a tome

Edited by silveraura25

Not particularly happy about Lyn. Yeah, alts blah-blah-blah; character that I want still not in the game blah-blah-blah. Whatever. I'm more salty because I had no control and blew through the orbs I scraped up trying to get Atk. Smoke fodder and only got a handful of healers I sent home in exchange. So, I taking my frustration out on Lyn :)

Serious note, probably only going colorless on this banner. Really want H!Jakob to team up with my B!Ike. Might pull on greens for Gryn if given no choice because the chance of Speed Tactic is too good to pass up.

On 27/04/2018 at 11:40 PM, XRay said:

I do not think you should expect nuclear performance on a unit designed as ranged magic counter though. LOTW!Lyn performance as a mage counter has actually exceeded my expectations. Celica is the most effective anti anti-meta mage due to the brute force she can muster from Ragnarok, and LOTW!Lyn as a green unit has no trouble countering Celica with a neutral nature, Moonbow inheritance, and Quick Riposte on her Sacred Seal slot; you can also do an additional Dull Range inheritance if you want to be completely Celica proof. In contrast, your typical anti-meta mage tanks/counters like Felicia and Niles need a bit more resources to build a very specific skill set [+Spd, -Def, Felicia's Plate [Spd]/Guard Bow [Spd], Moonbow, Fury, Dull Range, Quick Riposte] to completely shut her down (assuming both are at the same merge levels).

If she was a normal unit without Law of Sacae, I would totally Whale for her. But as is, she isn't befitting of the Legendary status. Ice Mirror, Chilling Seal, Radiant Aether, Solar Brace and Dragon Skin are all really good unique skills. Lyn's new skill barely giver her better match ups than Fury. The skill force specific positioning and playstyle with little benefit. Most people will replace Law of Sacae due to its mediocrity.

It is very difficult not to compare her to Brave Lyn. The 1 BST less can be fixed with either -ATK/SPD and +HP (for Arena Score). Even at -ATK, Brave Lyn only sacrifices 1 ATK and 1 SPD to neutral Legendary Lyn for 1 extra movement while being able to have a Blessing (for extra stats...) and 1 more MOV. Heck, Mulagir (which I think this weapon is the better mage killer) will probably be able to upgrade to the Swift version.

Edit:

To be clear, my grip with her is that she is a hard to get Legendary Hero but doesn't have the specialty to back it up since Law of Sacae is so lack luster.

Edited by Clogon