New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

Just now, Humanoid said:

I was going to say that Valentine's Lyn is still probably a ways off from being rerun, but then I checked the list of seasonals and it turns out the only unit in her way is Santa Robin. She could reappear as soon as next month (but probably the month after).

Seasonals in the re-run queue:

Tharja, Camilla

Robin, Lyn, Catria

Chrom, Lissa, Airzura, Hector, Lilina, Alfonse, Sharena

Takumi, Roy, Kagero

Incidentally, since the NY banner was only 3 characters, it'll be interesting to see what they do with seasonals in the next few Legendary banners, especially when there's a surplus of greens.

It's probably a bit early to be guessing since we don't know who's returning, but I think next month will introduce a red hero, and I'm predicting Marth. I almost think we should have a predictions thread and maybe little contests.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

It's probably a bit early to be guessing since we don't know who's returning, but I think next month will introduce a red hero, and I'm predicting Marth. I almost think we should have a predictions thread and maybe little contests.

Sounds fun! And I'd agree with that prediction. I'd say Marth has gotta be next.

35 minutes ago, Paris said:

It could go either way. Some people have bias against certain characters (Camilla for me) while others might stop complaining. 

As much as I like Lyn, I think they're using her too much. 

The characters who don't need any more alts IMO are: Lyn, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Ike and Azura. 

I want at least one more Lucina to balance it out (it's been CYL since she got one unlike Lyn).

8 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Perhaps, but the main thing I’m complaining about is that Lyn already has 5 variants, ( She already had a bow variation) where lords like Marth and Alm only have one and are just as popular.

This. Lyn did not need a fifth alt. Nobody needs five versions in this game. And Marth should've been the next Wind hero imo. He's had nothing and that's really not fair to him given that he's the first lord, very popular, and the face of this series.

They made Laws of Sacae so good, but they haven''t even given Corrin (M) his Omega Yato. In any case Laws of Sacae is what exactly Omega Yato should be imo.

I'm also glad Lyn is green because my best units are Red and Green, and my Ryoma is hopefully still going to be able to stop her. She's only going to get at most 152 or 153 BST, and though she'll probably be outrageously fast I predict she's not going to have that great HP, Atk and Def at base to start off with meaning my Ryoma has a chance even after she gets Atk/Spd+9 and Def+4. If she were colorless though we would all be doomed.

Edited by Ae†her

5 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Yeah. Wings of Fate. My bad.

Perhaps, but the main thing I’m complaining about is that Lyn already has 5 variants, ( She already had a bow variation) where lords like Marth and Alm only have one and are just as popular.

Agreed. We don't need another Lyn. In fact, we don't any more alts of her, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Ike and Azura. Give other popular characters a shot at having an alt. I would think that the law of decreasing marginal utility would come into effect but apparently not. 

By now, I think IS has something against Marth or just really want to show off Ike and popular female characters in general. After all, isn't most of the FEH community male? So why not target that demographic? As annoying as that decision can be.  

Something told me the next Legendary hero was going to have a green bow and I was right about that but I wasn't expecting them to play the Lyn card already and Takumi doesn't really fit the Legendary Hero scheme anyways since he was never a 'main protagonist'. I will probably skip this banner. I would like Micaiah or Mage Cavalry Eirika since I don't have them but I have awful luck on these legendary banners and end up with a pitybreaker of the wrong unit.

Also, that makes it 5 Lyns now while poor Marth...

Edited by NSSKG151
more text.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I want at least one more Lucina to balance it out (it's been CYL since she got one unlike Lyn).

Doesn't she already have one more alt than the others not counting Chrom and Lyn? 

2 minutes ago, Paris said:

Agreed. We don't need another Lyn. In fact, we don't any more alts of her, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Ike and Azura. Give other popular characters a shot at having an alt. I would think that the law of decreasing marginal utility would come into effect but apparently not. 

By now, I think IS has something against Marth or just really want to show off Ike and popular female characters in general. After all, isn't most of the FEH community male? So why not target that demographic? As annoying as that decision can be.  

Ike hasn't had a seasonal yet though. I'd give him one, preferably summer. But beyond that, he doesn't need anything else either, at all. And this is coming from a huge Ike fangirl.

I'd kinda be disappointed if it was Marth, not because it's Marth, but because IS have been decidedly unadventurous in terms of unit type for Legendary heroes. Looking at the wiki just now, Marth is never anything but an infantry sword in all of his games, and that is something that I Do Not Want.

Unless IS change their policy on the "canonicity" of Legendary heroes, I'd rather see Marth pop up as a random banner alt instead, so they can at least be a bit adventurous with his move or weapon type. Put him on Caeda's pegasus or something, I don't know.

I'll go Red Dragon Corrin (either) as the next Legendary.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'd kinda be disappointed if it was Marth, not because it's Marth, but because IS have been decidedly unadventurous in terms of unit type for Legendary heroes. Looking at the wiki just now, Marth is never anything but an infantry sword in all of his games, and that is something that I Do Not Want.

Unless IS change their policy on the "canonicity" of Legendary heroes, I'd rather see Marth pop up as a random banner alt instead, so they can at least be a bit adventurous with his move or weapon type. Put him on Caeda's pegasus or something, I don't know.

I'll go Red Dragon Corrin (either) as the next Legendary.

For Legendary Marth, someone here once suggested he get Starlight and it struck me as an awesome idea.

Edit: I have to say I am surprised Lucina doesn't have a Legendary alt yet. I'm guessing she'll come with Awakened Falchion or another legendary lance, maybe with built in distant counter?

And Ike still has to get an alt using his lord outfit!

Edited by Book Bro

Just now, Anacybele said:

Ike hasn't had a seasonal yet though. I'd give him one, preferably summer. But beyond that, he doesn't need anything else either, at all. And this is coming from a huge Ike fangirl.

If he does get another alt, it should be later. At the very least, there should be time for the too many alts discussion to die down. Unless they release more alts which is what will most likely happen. 

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Really? FIVE god damn Lyns now?.

I thought this was funny lol

BUT yeah 5 lyns... kinda funny

And the only movement type missing is flier Lyn which means we're getting one more

Her kill animation looks awesome! I think everything on this banner is good so I'm only doing full pulls

Yahoo!

Just now, Arcanite said:

I thought this was funny lol

BUT yeah 5 lyns... kinda funny

Well, you can at least understand why I and some others would be annoyed at this, right? xP

I just realized it’s fallen Celica, I thought it was the regular Celica. Another one I don’t have, but I don’t really need any more sword infantry (except Marth).

Honestly, I’m not salty about Lyn. She looks awesome and I’m happy for people who really like her. It doesn’t matter much to me who gets a legendary alt, since most of my favorite characters probably don’t have any chance (again, except Marth. But I’d be happy with any Marth at all at this point).

Edited by ShadowAlchemist

12 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Something told me the next Legendary hero was going to have a green bow and I was right about that but I wasn't expecting them to play the Lyn card already and Takumi doesn't really fit the Legendary Hero scheme anyways since he was never a 'main protagonist'. I will probably skip this banner. I would like Micaiah or Mage Cavalry Eirika since I don't have them but I have awful luck on these legendary banners and end up with a pitybreaker of the wrong unit.

Someone should press the orbs for ya, it works for me instead of the classic cult summoning circle ?. I'm not kidding, whenever I'm frustrated with summoning I just hand over my phone to my mother and then magic happens. A good chunk of my 5 stars are ones that she has pulled.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

There's already Lucina emblem though since there's four of her. Damn, now I want another Camilla ? even though she'll get so much backlash ? cause the community is biased.

@kcirrot I'm amazing at noticing stuff. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by ChickenBits

37 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Lmfao ?, a 5th Lyn and she's a legendary hero with insane skills. I'm definitely heading over to GameFaqs and Reddit to bask in all of the salt. 

I'm gonna try and hold my orbs until the last day or so to see if anything pops up during golden week. If nothing of interest pops up then I'm going to pull green, Lyn's animations are amazing and I really want Henry for armor emblem shenanigans.

Golden Week activities are already posted. No banner it seems, but Kaze is free!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, you can at least understand why I and some others would be annoyed at this, right? xP

Yup

We already have 4 and this is just taking up a slot for someone else that people want

I guess it was inevitable but like... someone else please? Or save her for last or something

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yup

We already have 4 and this is just taking up a slot for someone else that people want

I guess it was inevitable but like... someone else please? Or save her for last or something

Yeah, I had a feeling we might get a legendary Lyn, but not this soon. We just had that LA Lyn two months ago, CYL Lyn a few months before that, and Bride Lyn three months before that. Honestly... Are we going to get a Lyn every few months now?

This is just making me lower my opinion of her more. I might send home my CYL Lyn because I'm getting tired of seeing Lyn so much now. Not my Bride Lyn though, her IVs are too good to pass up.

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's a good guess, which means it will be hilarious if it's instead Lucina.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This. Lyn did not need a fifth alt. Nobody needs five versions in this game. And Marth should've been the next Wind hero imo. He's had nothing and that's really not fair to him given that he's the first lord, very popular, and the face of this series.

Aren't there 6 Robins in the game though?  It is only fair that some older characters get a bunch of alts too, if they have a big following.  

I have the other 4 Lyns, but this Lyn is green which will be much better.  Can have red, green, blue and colorless and everything covered.  Lynsanity!  I won't get my hopes up on pulling her though.

Looking at the units

Colorless: I have none of these units.  So I will be pulling this for sure.  Even extra Genny would be awesome I have several healers that need wrathful staff, though I will of course keep one I like her character.  Halloween Jakob I've wanted for so long and will be who I hope for most.  Don't like alts, but F Grima is a legendary hero so this is still a very good pity breaker. 

Greens: I don't Halloween Henry and I really want him too, Henry is my favorite Awakening character and the regular version sucks.  I have Inigo, but he is bad nature, -spd so I'd love one with better IV.  Then of course the coup de grace, Green bow Lyn.  First colored bow, insane stat possibilities thanks to her A skill and weapon, and I could form a really good Lyn team with her.  Plus Speed tactic, oh man.

Reds: Don't have Cav Eirika or Fallen Celica.  Don't care much for either, they are alts.  Even if gameplay wise I could use a powerful red horse mage (my Leo is -atk/+res just really terrible).  Plus last legendary banner I only pulled red, and I got pity broken by Vanguard Ike twice!  I'm staying away

Blues: Shigure, already have him and with great nature (+atk!).  I also have Miciah with decent nature.  Not too interested in legendary Ephraim and sniping for 1 unit out of 3 is a recipe for disaster.  

Guys it is very suspicious though that they released this banner trailer now.  Usually it is the night before or maybe 2 days before.  May 1 is a long ways off.  This makes me think we are getting a surprise Herofest or something tomorrow.  The early announcement was only to let us know the legendary banner is still coming and who is on it so we can more wisely spend our orbs.  

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yup

Well... at least she now seems unlikely to get more alts before 2019 (she already taken a Seasonal and her Legendary Spot).