New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

I'm really tempted to just ignore the green pool this legendary banner because Lyn did not need a fifth alt, especially at this point in the game, and I already have a good Inigo. But I really want Henry, so looks like I'll just have to hope my luck with legendary banners holds up and I don't get Lyn before Henry. Will be pulling colorless since I need all of the characters there. Will probably try blue for Ephraim, even if I already have the other two.

While I have more things to say about the legendary hero this time around, I think it's best if I just keep my thoughts to myself and let people who are happy about this banner stay happy.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

I still want to pull WOF!Hinoka before pulling on this banner, but more merges for my Dancers/Singers is tempting.

I am not sure we know her stats yet. Unless LOFTW!Lyn's Atk and Spd are crazy high, I think BH!Lyn is still better by virtue of being colorless and access to better buffs.

Yes, but these teamwork brazens are getting kind of out of hand. I mean Atk/Spd+9 Def/Res+4 just for being close to all or two of your allies is pretty insane. If your running Distant Counter on her, which you probably will that's Def/Res+10 and Atk/Spd+9. Although I do admit it's very likely that your foes will have more at least two or more allies close by to him if you attack them, but if you let them attack you the odds change in your favor easily.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Except they're split between male and female, so it's not quite the same.

@Arcanite Ugh, I hope not...

I don't really think it matters, male or female they are all Robin.  They are all the same character.

@silveraura25 There has been no alt Lyn on a normal new heroes banner.  That is why it is much less offensive.  5 alts, but she hasn't robbed any character of a space.  LA Lyn, seasonal.  Brave Lyn, well she won female CYL.  Bridal Lyn, seasonal.  The only Lyn that was on a new hero banner is the original Lyn, sword Lyn.  

Most people have a far bigger problem with alts on new hero banners than the monthly legendary hero being an alt.  In terms of hate it would be like this.

1. Alts on new hero banners. Hated by a lot

2. Alts on legendary banners.  Hated by some

3. Alts on seasonal banners. Hated by few

I really have a difficult time seeing how people find Sachiko's rendition of Lyn's eyes "creepy" or even weird. I mean, even comparing this to her CYL art... just Wada blows Yamada out of the water in almost every regard, but especially her attention to detail. 

Calculating Lyn's stats. Jaffar comes from P3-3 on lunatic and the thief comes from 7-1 on hard.

HP:  36
Atk: 31
Spd: 36+
Def: 21
Res: ?

The HP can be seen. The Atk lines up when she fights Jaffar solo and gets both buffs against the thief. Jaffar has 31 Spd and she doubles, and since she's fighting solo she needs at least 36 Spd. Def is based on Jaffar mostly, as the buffs mean the thief's 22 atk deals no damage. No way to judge her Res.

All of that adds up to 124, so if we assume a BST of ~150 then she has ~26 points left to go into Res and extra Spd. I can see something like 38 neutral Spd and 24 Res (which would be effectively 27 with Swift Mulagir).

5 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I really have a difficult time seeing how people find Sachiko's rendition of Lyn's eyes "creepy" or even weird. I mean, even comparing this to her CYL art... just Wada blows Yamada out of the water in almost every regard, but especially her attention to detail. 

Same. Sachiko's art is so beautiful. Yamada kinda pales in comparison. Even Sacred Stones art to this day looks amazing to me while Yamada's recent works are to me either cringey or almost good

I really need to save orbs, but I also kind of want Henry....but at the same time I'm not sure that I really NEED another green armor (even if he is a mage...) since my armor team is pretty solid so far...Lyn looks really nice (her art is especially beautiful), but Gunnthra has been solid for him. I'd like more copies of Inigo and Shigure, but I don't need them, and since I just got a better Micaiah, I'm not hurting for her either. So maybe...if I practice some restraint, I can pass. I'd kind of like to wait for the next real banner to see what we're getting... I mean we got this kind of random Fates banner, so the next one could be anything...

Maybe IS is doing the whole two ladies then two guys pattern? We've been asking for Marth, so maybe there's a strong chance he'll be next? 

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Did anyone doubt that Lyn would get a Legendary variant? It's just a bit of weird timing, that's all, considering the last banners were Awakening and Fates. I honestly thought of Ryoma since he has no alts yet and Bows were getting Colors.

Other than being Blazing Sword's 15th anniversary, why would she & not Eliwood or Hector?

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Poor Eliwood once again ignored in favour of the female lord, That said I don't think I will pull green, a duplicate H! Henry would be nice for arena score but I don't have any use for an Inigo dupe, red is an obviously not because Ike is still there, blue is good for once and colourless looks really good 

Eliwood is criminally under rated for a GBA Lord.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Does this mean people will start complaining about too many Lyns instead of Lucinas?

Dude, give it a rest

2 hours ago, Johann said:

We don't give out prizes for stuff like this, do we?

Will a thumbs up suffice?

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. #morethan4

There isn't a pattern anymore. Legendary heroes don't have to be connected to a banner of the same month

But it's Blazing Sword's 15th anniversary. Granted it will be 5 days later when the banner comes up, but still

2 hours ago, Paris said:

As much as I like Lyn, I think they're using her too much. 

The characters who don't need any more alts IMO are: Lyn, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Ike and Azura. 

I still want Blue!Chrom & Green!Lucy

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I know, right? After Marth, Roy, and Ike got all the attention thanks to Smash Bros., and Lucina after Awakening, Lyn is finally getting some attention. It's awesome!

But Eliwood is still hasn't got his due & to a much lesser extent Hector.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

That said, good job on the 5th alt Lyn. At least this might mean less complaining when the next Camilla alt comes, since Lyn's gonna keep her safely outnumbered from now on it seems.

That's pretty optimistically naive. People will always jump at the chance to complain about anything, no matter how reasonable things may be.

1 hour ago, Ae†her said:

They made Laws of Sacae so good, but they haven''t even given Corrin (M) his Omega Yato. In any case Laws of Sacae is what exactly Omega Yato should be imo.

Wasn't there supposed to be refinery update later in May?

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I just realized it’s fallen Celica, I thought it was the regular Celica. Another one I don’t have, but I don’t really need any more sword infantry (except Marth).

Honestly, I’m not salty about Lyn. She looks awesome and I’m happy for people who really like her. It doesn’t matter much to me who gets a legendary alt, since most of my favorite characters probably don’t have any chance (again, except Marth. But I’d be happy with any Marth at all at this point).

Who did you want?

1 hour ago, ChickenBits said:

Someone should press the orbs for ya, it works for me instead of the classic cult summoning circle ?. I'm not kidding, whenever I'm frustrated with summoning I just hand over my phone to my mother and then magic happens. A good chunk of my 5 stars are ones that she has pulled.

There's already Lucina emblem though since there's four of her. Damn, now I want another Camilla ? even though she'll get so much backlash ? cause the community is biased.

Your mother must have the golden touch

I still want a Green!Lucina in order to complete Lucy Emblem

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, I like how Sachiko Wada is doing Lyn's art more often these days. I like her work more than Kotaro Yamadas.

Sachiko Wada is a woman? Is she the official artist the GBA Era?

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Henry and Inigo are both meh for me, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting more copies of either of them, as long as I don't get too many. Colorless, however, is rock solid with Jakob and Genny as the non-Legendaries.

Why is Inigo meh? He's a refresher unit

37 minutes ago, Lau said:

...Really?

Look, I was expecting a green Archer, so I knew it wasn't going to be Marth. I've had a month to accept that, so it's fine.

But come on, did it really have to be Lyn? I'm glad it wasn't Takumi because I think Legendary alts should be restricted to Lords and OCs, but...it could've been Alm. He could've had his Conqueror outfit, plus he uses bows too. ...and he doesn't have an alt yet.

Why shouldn't I consider Takumi & Ceada being lords class?

14 minutes ago, thanny said:

Though where’s all the outrage for this alt situation, and the 5th Lyn alt on top of this? Seems weird that Hinoka got all that hate for her first alt and somehow Lyn’s just suddenly kinda okay. 

Have you been on Reddit? You could be mining salts for weeks

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Have you been on Reddit? You could be mining salts for weeks

It's glorious over there with the salt mines. Top comments are surprisingly peaceful but everyone else is acting like the new alt killed their mother. 5 is a bit much but there's not much you can do besides foddering Lyn off or not pulling. 

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I don't really think it matters, male or female they are all Robin.  They are all the same character.

@silveraura25 There has been no alt Lyn on a normal new heroes banner.  That is why it is much less offensive.  5 alts, but she hasn't robbed any character of a space.  LA Lyn, seasonal.  Brave Lyn, well she won female CYL.  Bridal Lyn, seasonal.  The only Lyn that was on a new hero banner is the original Lyn, sword Lyn.  

Most people have a far bigger problem with alts on new hero banners than the monthly legendary hero being an alt.  In terms of hate it would be like this.

1. Alts on new hero banners. Hated by a lot

2. Alts on legendary banners.  Hated by some

3. Alts on seasonal banners. Hated by few

To be honest, I think Lyn in particular just gets more of a pass here than most, so his fanboy comment isn't that far off. Not that I'd blame people for being happy to get more of the character they like, so that's fine in my opinion. Happy for the people that get another alt of her that like her, since I'd be happy for more of my favorites to do the same. But it is funny reasons always seem to get listed why the latest Lyn is acceptable, while a new Lucina or even the prospect of Camilla getting another alt from CYL2 had people up in arms here. I can better respect dislike of alts across the board rather than when it's choosy.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most people have come to terms with Legendary Hero banners being original characters or alternate versions. I don't think anyone is actually expecting a brand new main-series character to be introduced in a Legendary Hero banner, and the ones that bitch about Legendary Hero banners containing new alts are also going to be bitching about them in regular banners, too.

Except I recall, no one batted an eye when Legendary Ike and Ephraim broke the OC (rip, i really liked them) tradition. If people can come to terms with these Legendary alts so easily, why is it suddenly time to draw the line when Hinoka gets an alt, when it's been happening for months ever since Zelgius' and Eirika's inclusions and had plenty of months to adjust?

31 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I hope what I say doesn't sound rude, but I'm putting it in spoilers just in case

Reveal hidden contents

It's probably just the Lyn fanboys who are okay and she's quite popular.

Also, Hinoka getting hate is probably due to just being on normal banner as an alt

No, this definitely isn't just a "Lyn fanboy" situation, the reaction so far for Lyn's 5th alt is pretty tame, especially compared to what happened to Hinoka, who got witch hunted for pages.

2 minutes ago, thanny said:

Except I recall, no one batted an eye when Legendary Ike and Ephraim broke the OC (rip, i really liked them) tradition. If people can come to terms with these Legendary alts so easily, why is it suddenly time to draw the line when Hinoka gets an alt, when it's been happening for months ever since Zelgius' and Eirika's inclusions and had plenty of months to adjust?

No, this definitely isn't just a "Lyn fanboy" situation, the reaction so far for Lyn's 5th alt is pretty tame, especially compared to what happened to Hinoka, who got witch hunted for pages.

Probably just the alt in a normal banner reason then. Don't forget that Lyn is in the hearts of many players.

26 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

They are all the same character.

That's 100% debatable.

25 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Given the shape and size of the eyes, I feel like they're positioned just a bit too close together.

22 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Sachiko Wada is a woman?

Yes.

23 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Why is Inigo meh? He's a refresher unit

I already have 4 copies of him, have no plans to get him to +10 unless the copies happen to fall into my hands, and consider Ninian, Azura, Azura, and Azura to be superior.

I also rarely use dancers outside of the training maps.

5 minutes ago, thanny said:

Except I recall, no one batted an eye when Legendary Ike and Ephraim broke the OC (rip, i really liked them) tradition.

Two data points is not a pattern nor a tradition.

5 minutes ago, thanny said:

If people can come to terms with these Legendary alts so easily, why is it suddenly time to draw the line when Hinoka gets an alt,

In Hinoka's case in particular the most commonly cited reason is because "she took Reina's spot", which I've already argued to death in the appropriate thread to be a bogus accusation. Meanwhile, because Legendary Heroes have so far not implemented any brand new main-series characters, the same argument of "so-and-so took so-and-so's spot" is extremely difficult to argue even for the biggest haters of alts.

4 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Yes, but these teamwork brazens are getting kind of out of hand. I mean Atk/Spd+9 Def/Res+4 just for being close to all or two of your allies is pretty insane. If your running Distant Counter on her, which you probably will that's Def/Res+10 and Atk/Spd+9. Although I do admit it's very likely that your foes will have more at least two or more allies close by to him if you attack them, but if you let them attack you the odds change in your favor easily.

She is better than BH!Lyn as a tank, but she is in tough competition with green dragons who can counter at any range, target ranged enemies' lower of Def or Res, and score more points.

7 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

It is a matter of taste. People have different tastes.

I find most Asian mushrooms/fungi, especially shitake mushrooms, to be absolutely and completely disgusting, filthy, gross, and smelly. The only other type of food that I despise with as much passion are internal organs (I can tolerate eating hearts, but it would not be something that enjoy eating unless it was ground up and heavily spiced).

Unlike most people, I love really, really, really spicy food. The more "burn" and "pain" it causes, the more euphoria I get out of it. If I cry, those are tears of joy.

For art in Heroes, I find most art work to be okay. The only artists I am not fond of are Miyuu (Athena, Eliwood) and Hoshino Lily (Rebecca). Cordelia's artwork also looks kind of bad in my opinion, but Ueda Yumehito's other works (Hinata, Oboro, F!Robin) are fine.

My favorite art works are FH!Celica (Fujiwara Akira), BB!Cordelia (Mayo), and Nephenee (HACCAN).

I wouldn't mind this as much if she didn't basically look like her brave variant. This one's maybe a bit more based on her promoted class but something more exciting would've been nice (or just using Eli instead of Lyn…).

I'm tempted to pull this one but the problem is that I'd want green (Halloween Henry), colourless (Halloween Jakob) and blue (Performing Arts Shigure).

31 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

It's glorious over there with the salt mines. Top comments are surprisingly peaceful but everyone else is acting like the new alt killed their mother. 5 is a bit much but there's not much you can do besides foddering Lyn off or not pulling. 

Top comment was about complaining while praising the animation. The next 2 were the surprisingly peaceful one.  I still think everyone is over reacting when it comes alt. Especially since this is a mobile game. Honestly, it's only matter of time before your favorite unit is available. Unless it's somehow Merlinus & the Tactician/Mark

26 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

To be honest, I think Lyn in particular just gets more of a pass here than most, so his fanboy comment isn't that far off. Not that I'd blame people for being happy to get more of the character they like, so that's fine in my opinion. Happy for the people that get another alt of her that like her, since I'd be happy for more of my favorites to do the same. But it is funny reasons always seem to get listed why the latest Lyn is acceptable, while a new Lucina or even the prospect of Camilla getting another alt from CYL2 had people up in arms here. I can better respect dislike of alts across the board rather than when it's choosy.

I just don't like double standards in general. It annoys me to no end & honestly just unfair.

20 minutes ago, thanny said:

Again, Reddit is still pretty pissy about it. Granted it also Reddit

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I already have 4 copies of him, have no plans to get him to +10 unless the copies happen to fall into my hands, and consider Ninian, Azura, Azura, and Azura to be superior.

I also rarely use dancers outside of the training maps.

Oh, that's you meant. My bad.

Would spare a PA!Inigo for a Dorcas?

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

She was the official artist for Sacred Stones and did some work for Binding Blade and Blazing Blade.

Huh, I thought the GBA era art was done by the same artist. Shows what I know

Edited by Zangetsu

On reflection, I really need this new Lyn to counter Valentine's Lyn. My struggles against the latter have been well-documented, especially given my reluctance to spend B Tomebreaker fodder. It's like she's perfectly designed to counter herself - colour, damage type, +9 speed and +7 res when baiting herself.

Now all we need is a 6th Lyn to counter this Lyn. High-def Red Dragon Lyn will do nicely.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I just don't like double standards in general. It annoys me to no end & honestly just unfair.

Exactly. If people are going to complain about alts I'd rather it be consistent.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Now all we need is a 6th Lyn to counter this Lyn. High-def Red Dragon Lyn will do nicely.

We should just have a Lyn for every weapon and color so we have a Lyn to counter whatever Lyn we encounter. 16 Lyns sounds fine.

@Zangetsu Sorry, what? It wasn't directed at you, in fact, it wasn't directed at anyone. It was just a personal thought, you're free to disagree. Honestly, I don't class Takumi or Caeda as Lords, they don't have the class and/or they don't cause a game over if they die. But again, that's just me.

So what colour/weapon will the next LH be? Do we know yet?