New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Did you say the same for all six robins

I like how you cite your two faves as examples for the nice things IS did

You're right, I guess they're waiting for better bait... Im thinking that Lyn isnt as popular now because of CYL and to make a ton of cash they'll release a bait banner just before legendary Marth comes out, but they still sent her in now because they know she'll bring in the dough
Marketing tactics at hand... bwahahhah

Robin is split between genders though, so that's slightly different. I don't think there should be anymore Robins beyond a Levin Sword version, though.

Yeah, but I still can't hate them for that. lol Nice things that aren't really my favs though? Gunnthra's an example. Christmas Robin, the Halloween units, and Bride Cordelia too.

Eh, maybe, I guess.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Did you add in your Feedback  we don't need more Chroms, Lucinas, Robins or Corrins too?

I said no character needs five versions.

I don't really count the Grima's as Robin's though (mostly because M!Grima has awful artwork and I can't count that). I just want a Levin Sword Robin, and then he'll (the female one is different, I don't care what you people say) have 3 variations and I'll be happy.

I don't mind all the variations though. I don't think Lyn needed this, though, but I just am not a huge fan of the artwork so that's my biggest issue. If she looked really cool/different I'd totally be down for it. 

I guess I care more about artwork/style and since some alts are super ugly, I don't even count them as alts, because to me there's only one Lyn (B!Lyn), and the rest I don't care for their artwork. Just like there's only 3 Chroms right nows (Spring/Exalted/Winter). Haha. Also, after F!Morgan was added all my major favs are in the game, so I care even less.

I’ll most likely be summoning on this banner cause not only does have SM!Eirika, L!Ephriam, two dancers, L!Lyn, the Halloween armors, Genny, and Michiah, but it is also a legendary banner. This does mean I will be skipping Hinoka, but she is good enough that she will most likely get on another banner

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. I am planning to send my feedback too.
I hope we don't get a 5th Chrom, Lucina or Corrin, or even a 7th Robin.

Let me help you guys out and send feedback too, yeah.

17 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I don't really count the Grima's as Robin's though (mostly because M!Grima has awful artwork and I can't count that). I just want a Levin Sword Robin, and then he'll (the female one is different, I don't care what you people say) have 3 variations and I'll be happy.

I consider Grima as Robin Alt, mainly because both are the same person and have the same name. I also consider M!Robin and F!Robin as the same too, because there aren't 2 Robins with different genders living at the same time in Awakening, as well as M!Corrin and F!Corrin. M!Robin and F!Robin are the same person, same personality, same story, only different gender.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Everyone knew Lyn was gonna get a fifth variant. Everyone KNEW she was getting a Legendary, just like we know characters like Marth and Eirika will at some point. Is it just the timing of this that has people up in arms? Would people still be upset if she got her Legendary later in December instead of now?

Personally, I'm fine with characters having a seasonal alt, a non-seasonal alt, and, if appropriate, a CYL alt and a noteworthy canon alt. So I guess five could be okay if a character wins CYL and has a canon alt, like Lucina. But I don't want them doubling up.

I also count male and female versions of Robin and Corrin separately. I'd count the Grima alts as canon alts (or as another separate character), so I'm fine with Robin and I think they could even justify another male and female version. On the other hand, Chrom is overboard.

"Noteworthy canon alt" is also why Azura is the only character so far that I think justifies having two seasonal versions, since the first one is an established outfit. I'm not sure exactly what to count as "noteworthy", but I'd draw the line somewhere between Fallen Takumi (counts) and Fallen Celica (doesn't count).

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Everyone knew Lyn was gonna get a fifth variant. Everyone KNEW she was getting a Legendary, just like we know characters like Marth and Eirika will at some point. Is it just the timing of this that has people up in arms? Would people still be upset if she got her Legendary later in December instead of now?

I was expecting a legendary Lyn sometime, but the timing is certainly irksome, and suggests they may plan on having even more Lyn alts in the future.

Based on my criteria, I'd be fine with Lyn's alt count if she only got one seasonal rather than two. (Preferably the Valentine's one. Who needs brides.)

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Frankly, I think so. She got an alt in February, I think that doesn't help. She's on 5 already, which doesn't help matters. She also got it before Marth got a single alt. Marth's starting to be come the example for people when it comes to how IS have chosen their alts. I think I might just send feedback on this alongside how they've been handling alts lately in general.

I'll still be on this banner, but I'm not going to go out of my way for her.

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

Ok, ok, ok, so as someone who likes Lyn more than Lucina, and was a bit annoyed by the latter getting what I perceived as too much attention(leading to me also being initially happy about Lyn taking some of her spotlight)... this is not ok. There never was anything wrong with Lucina in particular, the problem is overemphasizing one character in a series with hundreds, and Lyn doesn't get a pass in that regard afaic.

Also she isn't all that strong canonically for what it's worth(I think so, anyway? I mean their support establishes that Hector is stronger, right? And Hector and Eliwood are roughly equal, with Eliwood eventually becoming the greatest knight in all of Lycia...?), but eh.

Elibe is pretty popular in general, or it seems many of the units from that continent are all decent in some way. They made Dorcas a monster. Even Bartre is ok as fodder because of Fury and Hammer.

Lyn was made to be a waifu to those just starting out with Fire Emblem, especially for overseas players. Young female waking up "Mark". 

They always have her with da good stuff so the whales have to spend to get their merged waifu. No doubt plenty were sucked in.

Hector is better. Lyn is about being a speedy glass cannon with a prf weapon in all her forms. Hector is nearly invincible and even if he dies to a mage or armorkilling weapon., he will leave them hurting.

Lyn is pretty bad in her own game. Eliwood at least got a mount upon promotion. Lyn just gets an d-rank in bows. You know what they say about archers in that game. I'm going off of promotions, but there's a lot to be said about her bases and growths as well.

Edited by silveraura25

Last year: why are the only alts from Awakening/Fates? Tellius and Elibe are popular too!

This year: stop with the alt Ikes and Lyns! Lucina and the Fates royals deserve more attention!

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

I was expecting a legendary Lyn sometime, but the timing is certainly irksome, and suggests they may plan on having even more Lyn alts in the future.

Could alternatively be interpreted as "let's just get all of the Lyn alts out of the way", though my personal biases would prefer otherwise.

@XRay I would not be surprised if they duplicate an element-stat combination before they add all 16 possible combinations. This early in the mechanic's lifetime I don't think it would make sense to duplicate combinations, but once we have all of the possibilities nearly saturated, it wouldn't be strange to see a duplicate appear after 14 or even 12 of the combinations are represented.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah that is my one problem with L!Lyn coming now, if they had waited six months between alts I would be fine with it.  I will still pull a bit for her since I don't have a wind legendary, but I wish they had waited a bit with her just to lessen the salt.  Honestly the only alt I want to happen is Marth because he is the first lord and he deserves a better version.  I gave up on hating alts awhile ago since they are here to stay, but I feel like IS is going a bit too far with certain characters having 4+ versions while other units don't have an alt but should.

Edited by EricaofRenais

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, sorry if having a character repeatedly shoved in my face like that doesn't help my opinion of them. I didn't hate Lyn originally btw. This 5th freaking alt of her was just the last straw.

We could've had a Marth alt finally. No, instead IS feels the need to milk Lyn even more than she already was.

...didn't you used to say you hated Lyn because you thought her boring? Not to mention you hated Lyn even more for being in Warriors. Pretty sure you hated Lyn before this.

Point is, though, you're letting the dev's decisions not relative to a character's backstory, personality, etc. let you impact your opinions. Remember how you didn't like how people were hating on Ike for his popularity/notoriety, which also came up again when he was revealed as the first non-OC legendary hero? What's happening to Lyn here is the same thing that you were fighting against, yet you now embrace that against Lyn.

Hate Lyn for who she is, not what she's getting.

23 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Last year: why are the only alts from Awakening/Fates? Tellius and Elibe are popular too!

This year: stop with the alt Ikes and Lyns! Lucina and the Fates royals deserve more attention!

I never saw someone writing that about Lucina...
And about the Fates royals, it's more about Ryoma. Players are already tired of Camillas and Corrins, and even Azuras. The only think I want about Azura and Corrin are a exclusive weapon for her and a refinement for Yato. I don't want a 4th Azura or Camilla or a 5th Corrin. Ryoma is the only Fates royal without a Alt.

44 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Actually, it's mostly just stop with the alts... Did you not see the Hinoka salt, especially, when she was added in a banner instead of as a seasonal. I think people (including myself) are just annoyed that the system is being more clogged with existing characters and not new ones. That being said, I'm still going to go for that characters I like if they get an alt, mostly because I don't feel anything can be done. I'll send feedback and I'm not going to spend money on alt banners any more, but that's about it. If I didn't pull, I'd just be having less fun in the game in the end, 'cos I still want some new units to play with, and I still like characters like Reinhardt even if their alts were better off seasonal.

For this... Yes, I'm annoyed that Lyn got a fifth alt so soon. No character should have five versions just over a year into the game. It's pretty ridiculous to me.

That being said, still more annoyed about Hinoka and the others in actual banners. This one is meh. I'm going to skip all but blue, since I still want Ephraim and wouldn't mind Micaiah. I refuse to even bother with Lyn. It's made worse that my favourite character is Kent... I know he's not popular but in the end, she has five versions now (and no, I don't expect someone like him on a legendary banner... just saying why it becomes too much).

I am glad she's not on a horse at least, since another well liked character of mine is Rath and we still have no true bow cavalry users in the game, so I'm at least spared that. Her art is great. Her animation is great. I'm still not gonna go anywhere near her.

Urgh, oh well. I'm not going to rant about this any more. They're going to clog us up with alts, so what's the point. I only hope it does keep the game going for long enough that I can actually get my most favourite, and other favoured units, from games.

Edited by Cute Chao

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

We could've had a Marth alt finally. No, instead IS feels the need to milk Lyn even more than she already was.

5 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Honestly the only alt I want to happen is Marth because he is the first lord and he deserves a better version.

I am with you guys. Marth is the one how deserve a Alt. Poor Hero-King... the first Falchion user is the least loved by IS... poor Altean prince, forgotten in the 3-4 stars pool. 

If somehow Marth be cutted from the new Smash, I be so pissed.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Who needs brides.

I do. I love all my waifus.

From a gameplay perspective, I actually need her for Candlelight, which is a pretty awesome Weapon.

47 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Lyn was made to be a waifu to those just starting out with Fire Emblem, especially for overseas players. Young female "waking up" Mark. 

I made some minor changes in the second sentence to make the innuendo flow with the first sentence. Haha.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would not be surprised if they duplicate an element-stat combination before they add all 16 possible combinations. This early in the mechanic's lifetime I don't think it would make sense to duplicate combinations, but once we have all of the possibilities nearly saturated, it wouldn't be strange to see a duplicate appear after 14 or even 12 of the combinations are represented.

Do you mean element-color combo? According to the wiki on Confer Blessing, LOTW!Lyn gives a boost to Atk while Gunnthrá gives Res.

As for the doubling of the element-color combo, maybe they want to give greens more prominence as soon as possible since greens are still the smallest summoning pool, although I am not sure why they do not just simply add more greens into the summoning pool.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Actually, it's mostly just stop with the alts... Did you not see the Hinoka salt, especially, when she was added in a banner instead of as a seasonal. I think people (including myself) are just annoyed that the system is being more clogged with existing characters and not new ones. That being said, I'm still going to go for that characters I like if they get an alt, mostly because I don't feel anything can be done. I'll send feedback and I'm not going to spend money on alt banners any more, but that's about it. If I didn't pull, I'd just be having less fun in the game in the end, 'cos I still want some new units to play with, and I still like characters like Reinhardt even if their alts were better off seasonal.

For this... Yes, I'm annoyed that Lyn got a fifth alt so soon. No character should have five versions just over a year into the game. It's pretty ridiculous to me.

That being said, still more annoyed about Hinoka and the others in actual banners. This one is meh. I'm going to skip all but blue, since I still want Ephraim and wouldn't mind Micaiah. I refuse to even bother with Lyn. It's made worse that my favourite character is Kent... I know he's not popular but in the end, she has five alts now.

Urgh, oh well. I'm not going to rant about this any more. They're going to clog us up with alts, so what's the point. I only hope it does keep the game going for long enough that I can actually get my most favourite, and other favoured units, from games.

My main problem with Alternative Heroes are the ones who are in the normal pool, like Mage Eirika, Cavalry Chrom, Kinshi Hinoka... And, of course, the choices for Alt. Three of the four heroes who won the CYL 2 received Alt. in the same month! This is ridiculous! We got Valentine Hector, Fallen Celica and Legendary Ephraim in Fabruary, knowing we will receive another one of them in 4-5 months! This made me mad! The only Brave Hero I really want from CYL 2 is Veronica, and I hope IS don't decide to make the normal Veronica the brave one.

50 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Straw man? Straw man.

I can obviously just speak for myself, but I just don't find the alts that appealing if they are spammed the way they are now. Seasonal alts shouldn't be an issue (and aren't if I perceive the overall mood correctly). Popular characters dressing up, celebrating some event are fine for most, I feel. I would even prefer being no cases like Charlotte and Shigure/Inigo where characters are first introduced in alternative forms, but hey, that's just me.

Legendary Alts aren't an issue for me either. I don't eagerly pull for them  and one per month is actually pretty tame. They are supposed legends, alts of lords/main characters/OCs are perfectly acceptable considering the theme. With that said, I don't see why Lyn is a great pick right now. IS has the tendency to push too far too early. Lyn should actually get five alts, heck even more in the lifespan of this game, but I already get the vibe of milking a cow dry before its peak production. That may very well be my personal impression, but Thracia, Hinoka, Eirika, Celica and Chrom were pretty disappointing to be frank, as I don't feel the game already needs these to salvage banner sales. If someone has numbers to prove me wrong, that sales were dropping or whatever, and that the alts are necessary to keep the game profitable (besides pure greed), then please do correct me, but I just don't see how the very first banner of Thracia needed to divert the attention this much from the main lord of the game for the Memehardt, as an example. As this is my first and last Gacha game, I have no clue on oversaturation for specific characters, but if that exists then IS is kinda pushing for it way too soon.

It's not even an issue of getting everyone into the game (won't happen, even though I'd like it if they adressed this somehow in the future (like skins for existing characters with similar stat distribution; not saying they should do this, just throwing whatever nonsense I come up with on the spot), but more about the atrocious pace at which new characters are added, when it isn't necessary to be this alt-focused, yet (heck, I'm pulling for Lyn because of Speed Tactics; it could be anyone having it, even personal flops like Est).

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My main problem with Alternative Heroes are the ones who are in the normal pool, like Mage Eirika, Cavalry Chrom, Kinshi Hinoka... And, of course, the choices for Alt. Three of the four heroes who won the CYL 2 received Alt. in the same month! This is ridiculous! We got Valentine Hector, Fallen Celica and Legendary Ephraim in Fabruary, knowing we will receive another one of them in 4-5 months! This made me mad! The only Brave Hero I really want from CYL 2 is Veronica, and I hope IS don't decide to make the normal Veronica the brave one.

Agreed, they draw my ire. Ike drew a sigh since I'd wanted a male oc, but I didn't mind overly for alts on the legendaries (although, again, Lyn already had four versions so a fifth is just a bit much so soon into the game's lifespan). Seasonals are fine, to me. I can't blame them for the Heroes they've done, since they didn't know the results of the CYL and none of those heroes had an alt, but heroes in the common pool still bugs me. I'm trying not to be as annoyed any more, but oh well.

Edited by Cute Chao