FE:W Q&A Giveaway the Second: Ended Light Strategist Wins the Copy

Jedi

With Fire Emblem Warriors getting 1 million sales, I'd like to celebrate, lets do another Q&A about my thoughts on FE:W, FE and Musou games in general or whatever else you'd like to ask me, honestly i'm pretty open to any sort of questions... Well except super Personal ones. 

But for those who ask 1 question you will have a chance to win a copy of FE:W from yours truly! This will end on 5/11 my birthday

Edited by Jedi

• Kirie pinned this topic
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based off the success of Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors, is there any other Nintendo series that you could possibly see getting their own Musuo games? Also I'm happy with my copy of warriors so no need to have me in the giveaway, just contributing to the Q&A

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Has the DLC increased the value of FE Warriors and how does it compared to Hyrule Warriors' DLC?

Well, with various new movesets, more map content, including skills that improve the overall quality of the characters i'd say yes. 

Hyrule Warriors ran into a bit of an issue with having too much repeition, but on the other hand its characters were more unique, (although I think the quality of HW's movesets are a bit questionable as a whole). 

FE:W has quite a bit to do but it doesn't feel nearly as overwhelming as HWs does.

7 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Based off the success of Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors, is there any other Nintendo series that you could possibly see getting their own Musuo games? Also I'm happy with my copy of warriors so no need to have me in the giveaway, just contributing to the Q&A

Koei-Tecmo has expressed interest in both Mario & Pokemon, so I'd expect one of them next, I could see both working. 

With Mario you could probably make platforming somehow involved and with Pokemon, use the Lucario movies old War (or heck Gen 6) as the basis.

53 minutes ago, Retyl said:

These questions are coming from someone who hasn't played a Warriors game. The Warriors game looked pretty samey to me, so I was wondering, How does this particular Warriors game differentiate itself from the others and does it do a good job with being Fire Emblem-esque? Is there anything you thought was lacking besides not representing the non-Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates games? Is this a good introduction to Warriors?

Warriors games differ in quite a number of mechanics, the Nintendo Warriors games have more mobility options, and such, the Nintendo Warriors games also tend to not have various objectives while Dynasty Warriors makes you try to make you work at 5 places at once and figuring out the most effective way of handling it. It's hard to explain to people how Warriors games differ because of the preconception that they are all the exact same game with no differences, when each game usually has differing mechanics, like Samurai Warriors and its Hyper moves & a focus on unit types with allies, or Dynasty Warriors with its more modern weapon switching or all the base or map mechanics unique to each subseries or mobility, what kind of combos you can do, what skills do, how forging works, etc.

Another major difference is the Nintendo Musou's special attacks ignore blocking and this means enemies can't use them while in more traditional Warriors games they do have access to them and they can block yours too. Which makes things a bit less spammy at points unlike in FE:W or HW where yu can with enough Musou Gauge just endlessly get supers off in the hard fights.

But what FE:W does uniquely, is the tactical nature you can order your units around and it utilizes FE like stats, FE class on class combat, weapon weaknesses, meanwhile the weapon triangle isn't unique to FE:W since Dynasty Warriors 8 uses it, FE:W also uses pair up to do stat boosts like in FE13/14, you have stuff like mounts having more mobility & access to paths foot units can't get to very easily etc. The typical FE fare like promotions, Prfs, and the like exist too.

What I think is lacking is vareity in the movesets, the existing ones are all good but i've been spoiled with recent DW and Orochi games having near or over 100+ unique movesets to play from. 

I'd recommend Dynasty Warriors 8XL, Samurai Warriors 4 and Orochi 3 before I'd recommend FE:W first but FE:W is a really good entry, and its more forgiving nature is probably good for newer fans.

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

the Nintendo Warriors games also tend to not have various objectives

So when a message comes on screen in Hyrule Warriors and tells you to "Defeat King Dodongo", that doesn't count as an objective? :rolleyes:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Do you think Ike will ever enter the roster?

Have you played the Mysterious Mirasame Castle mode in Samurai Warriors 3? If so, what's it like (I haven't :P)?

What other non-Nintendo franchise would you like to see get the Warriors treatment?

Do you think there are too many Warriors crossover games now?

Why does Hyrule Warriors have three games?

When did fire emblem warriors hit one million, I thought these games were really front loaded and I don't recall FE:W hitting 800,000 initially?

Also, do you think that this will increase the likelihood of a sequel?

also just to note, I have FE:W already so just skip me on the giveaway if this qualifies me.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

11 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So when a message comes on screen in Hyrule Warriors and tells you to "Defeat King Dodongo", that doesn't count as an objective? :rolleyes:

I mean as main objectives, usually the HW's ones have you focusing entirely on one mission while in traditional Warriors games you need to focus on 3 to 4 at at a time or else you lose alternative map routes or lose entirely. Sure side objectives may exist in FE:W & HW but they don't often relate to anything relevant, which is a main complaint of mine with both. 

9 hours ago, Power Master said:

Do you think Ike will ever enter the roster?

Have you played the Mysterious Mirasame Castle mode in Samurai Warriors 3? If so, what's it like (I haven't :P)?

What other non-Nintendo franchise would you like to see get the Warriors treatment?

Do you think there are too many Warriors crossover games now?

Why does Hyrule Warriors have three games?

KT said if FE:W 2 happens Ike would be in it, it's unlikely unless they change their mind. 

No I haven't 

Anything Falcom related such as Trails 

No 

Because ones an expansion and another is a port, its typical for Warriors games to have 3 versions of the same game but with updates/modifications to expand on stuff.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Who are your three favorite Units to use? Why do you enjoy using them?

Anna due to my busted build with her 

Lyn/Navarre due to one of the funnest Warriors movesets to date, and I have alot of fun with Linde even if she isn't the most optimal mage moveset wise.

7 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

When did fire emblem warriors hit one million, I thought these games were really front loaded and I don't recall FE:W hitting 800,000 initially?

Also, do you think that this will increase the likelihood of a sequel?

also just to note, I have FE:W already so just skip me on the giveaway if this qualifies me.

Yesterday. 

Potentially, but its too soon to tell.

7 hours ago, Ercdouken said:

If a sequel were to be made, which characters you would like to see be added?

Any characters I'd specfically like would likely never get added but, people like Matthew, Finn, (Darios as playable too).

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

I've been thinking of streaming my own games, so I was curious, what kind of software do you use?

I use Elgato HD60, along with the program that comes with it as my capture card, and for games straight off my computer, the program OBS.

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

How do you feel about this game's lame selection of villains? Are there any villains you want to appear in the sequel?

I already have the game btw

I feel like they were underused espcially Gharnef, but I'd have liked to see people like Medeus in this one. 

The sequel should have more of the set of people in Camus's role because they're usually cool opponents even if their characters aren't used the best in FE, since Villians are usually a weak point in FE in general

36 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Why have you decided to make a giveaway which works like this?

Because I like giving things I like to people. Simply that haha.

If you were allowed to change any of the DLC and its contents, what would you change?

If FEW gets a sequel or even a rerelease, what QoL changes do you think they could make, and what mechanics would you want expanded or removed?

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

If you were allowed to change any of the DLC and its contents, what would you change?

If FEW gets a sequel or even a rerelease, what QoL changes do you think they could make, and what mechanics would you want expanded or removed?

I'd have made it Elibe, Judgral & Tellius related to build up for the possible sequel. 

Mostly what I'd like  to see in a sequel would be decloned movesets and maybe having Musous work more like the mainline games where they are less cinematic and actually blockable by the enemy, this way enemies could use theirs too.

1 hour ago, Light Strategist said:

Do you think a custom officer feature like the ones from the Empires and Xtreme Legends entries would work in FEW?

I'm interested to see what kinds of ideas you might have for it.

Maybe when we have a moveset for every FE class, it'd be a cool character creator, hopefully it'd have some neat options and the ability some of the Samurai Warriors games do where you can take a picture and use it as portrait.

32 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Maybe when we have a moveset for every FE class, it'd be a cool character creator, hopefully it'd have some neat options and the ability some of the Samurai Warriors games do where you can take a picture and use it as portrait.

Not really a question now but that seems really cool. Kinda makes me want to face off against a faction comprised of customs.

Is there anything character-developmenty that's covered in FE:W, that isn't really covered in any of the other historical moments of the source games?

25 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Is there anything character-developmenty that's covered in FE:W, that isn't really covered in any of the other historical moments of the source games?

Ryomas relationship with his father is touched on far more in FE:W than Fates.

As is Tikis interactions with anyone outside of Marth showing how much she really likes interacting with people, her support wth Caeda is one of the most adorable things.

Edited by Jedi