General Music Thread

indigoasis

May as well start this thread on a high note:

Baba Yetu from the Civilization 4 soundtrack. The developers were wise by putting this where the player would hear it the most; the menu screen, where you set up hour-long games and read from the detail-packed Civilopedia.

Well, I've been playing Genealogy lately, and somewhat recently got to the second generation, so here's a song from the beginning of that part that I just had to appreciate.

It goes so well with the cathartic shift in tone.  You're just coming off of the bleak, painful ending of the first generation, and the briefing before made everything seem all the more horrible...

But then you take command of Seliph's liberation army, and this is the first song you hear as soon as you have control.  It embodies everything this chapter is supposed to mean for the player, which is a hopeful and triumphant new beginning.  And while there are plenty of great tracks throughout the series, there aren't quite as many that mesh so well with the emotions I was feeling as I was playing the game.

Since we're getting to the warm seasons(Well, those who live up in the northern hemisphere), now's a good time to share one of my favorite summer songs in recent years:

Something about this song gives me warm fuzzy feelings, and I just want to bask in the warm hot sun on a beach somewhere, or hang out by a bonfire.

Which is funny, because the last song to really make me feel like that was this:

Edited by Slumber

You just can't beat the classics...

I've also had Avengers: Infinity War on my mind ever since I saw it so I've been listening to the soundtrack a bit as well.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, SMEDIA said:

This is my favorite AFI song. It’s the hidden track on “Black Sails...”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZSav-vElE

You've managed to not incur my wrath. 

My heartbeat always rises when somebody mentions AFI, since what happened to them is the second biggest tragedy in music(The first being most of The Exploding Hearts dying in a car accident). 

But you posted something from before the great pussifying of AFI. 

Considering how you like AFI’s old music, maybe you can explain to me why anybody likes the song “God Called in Sick Today.” I mean, if someone bought that album, then they must like the punk songs, so it would make sense that they hate “God Called in Sick Today.”  Despite this, most of my friends who like AFI’s old music still like that song.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, SMEDIA said:

Considering how you like AFI’s old music, maybe you can explain to me why anybody likes the song “God Called in Sick Today.” I mean, if someone bought that album, then they must like the punk songs, so it would make sense that they hate “God Called in Sick Today.”  Despite this, most of my friends who like AFI’s old music still like that song.

I dunno. It still largely plays like a slow punk song, and those became a lot more accepted in the 90s. I also feel like I remember seeing it in some skating montage video a long time ago that endeared it to me.

Can't speak to everyone else.

Edited by Slumber

Continuing with mentioning the classics, I've been on a Led Zeppelin kick as of two hours ago, and mainly these two songs-

Using my headphone's mixer to bass boost these songs has opened my eyes to how truly good they are. I appreciated them before, but now... I think I'm in love.

I was also literally about to make a music thread. Thanks for beating me too it.

17 hours ago, FRZNHeir said:

I was also literally about to make a music thread. Thanks for beating me too it.

I, uh... you're welcome... I think? I'm not sure if the tone is sarcastic or genuine, so I apologize. But hey, this thread is always open, so you're welcome to post whatever music you like whenever you want. (That being said, should this thread be in Far from the Forest? Or is it fine where it is?)

20 hours ago, indigospace said:

I, uh... you're welcome... I think? I'm not sure if the tone is sarcastic or genuine, so I apologize. But hey, this thread is always open, so you're welcome to post whatever music you like whenever you want. (That being said, should this thread be in Far from the Forest? Or is it fine where it is?)

Not sarcastic my man. 

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Good choice from the RWBY soundtrack my guy. Die is one of the biggest bangers that Jeff Williams has put out so far imo

Eric Whitacre is an extremely good composer, and I definitely suggest checking him out. Search for "Sleep" or "October".

I haven't been able to stop listening to this since I first heard it (you may need to turn the volume up to hear it):

Fun fact: Equus is the Genus of animals such as horses, donkeys, and zebras.

Edited by Hawkwing

This is a song from the band Interpol. I really like this song and another song of there’s called “Slow Hands”. Unfortunately, none of the other songs I’ve heard from them were good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...