Strange Stat and Weapon Type Combinations That Works?

Martin

I was just playing the most recently released story maps with Azama on my team. Usually I stay away from healers that buff the stats of the team with their specials because I usually appreciate healers who are specifically good at healing massive amounts of damage. However, I just decided to bring him along since I don't really use him that often and I got to say, he and other healers like him are better than I gave them credit for. 

I would always wonder why I would use a healer with DEF if I'm just going to keep him in the back lines anyways, but I then I saw how Azama can just tank a crap ton of hits, build up his special cool down, and buff the entire team with Earth-Balm healing special. It turned out to be a fantastic strategy to keep him on the front lines! His Reconcile can restore the little damage he does take and pain still allow him to inflict damage upon others even with his weak attack power. (I am still personally against the existence of the pain staff) It was during that battle I noticed that Azama is generally a well build character that does the job of def buffing and tanking rather than healing, but just because I saw that he carries a staff, I did not even consider using him in that matter until now.

Have you guys noticed any other strange stat and weapon combination that does another job better than the one you would think that any other person wielding it would be able to do proficiently? 

There's Genny, a healer who can essentially be a Pseudo Colorless mage with her attack stat and ready-to-go Wrathful Staff.

There's Draug as well who, at least in the earlier meta, is shockingly fast for an armored unit. He can basically double a good amount of times without having to worry about getting doubled himself (unlike poor Arden).

Edited by Arcphoenix

3 hours ago, Martin said:

I was just playing the most recently released story maps with Azama on my team. Usually I stay away from healers that buff the stats of the team with their specials because I usually appreciate healers who are specifically good at healing massive amounts of damage. However, I just decided to bring him along since I don't really use him that often and I got to say, he and other healers like him are better than I gave them credit for. 

I would always wonder why I would use a healer with DEF if I'm just going to keep him in the back lines anyways, but I then I saw how Azama can just tank a crap ton of hits, build up his special cool down, and buff the entire team with Earth-Balm healing special. It turned out to be a fantastic strategy to keep him on the front lines! His Reconcile can restore the little damage he does take and pain still allow him to inflict damage upon others even with his weak attack power. (I am still personally against the existence of the pain staff) It was during that battle I noticed that Azama is generally a well build character that does the job of def buffing and tanking rather than healing, but just because I saw that he carries a staff, I did not even consider using him in that matter until now.

Have you guys noticed any other strange stat and weapon combination that does another job better than the one you would think that any other person wielding it would be able to do proficiently? 

Watch Lu Bu Feng Xian's Youtube to see the true power of healers with resources invested in them. They can destroy many things. But the key word is "invest". Close Counter, merges, and refined staves are needed to unleash the power of things like the "6 paths of Pain+" the guy in the aforementioned Youtube channel mentions. 

4 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

There's Genny, a healer who can essentially be a Pseudo Colorless mage with her attack stat and ready-to-go Wrathful Staff.

I think pseudo colorless mage is an understatement. Genny is nothing less than an amazing Firesweep healer if built properly and she is not particularly expensive to build either.

Genny neutral
Pain [Dazzling Staff]
Attack +3, Wrathful Staff, Savage Blow
Savage Blow
Enemies +5, +Spd, Resistance +3 overwrite
Player Phase 0:0:0
Player Phase [Dancer/Signer support] 151:0:94
Player Phase [+Atk] 0:0:0
Player Phase [+Atk, Dancer/Signer support] 195:0:50

Flying mage with a ton of defense?  Who would've thought that she'd be the best damn -raven mage I've ever had the honor of running?  Thanks to Iote's Shield, arrows are a mere nuisance to Camilla.

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

Flying mage with a ton of defense?  Who would've thought that she'd be the best damn -raven mage I've ever had the honor of running?  Thanks to Iote's Shield, arrows are a mere nuisance to Camilla.

Oh yeah, she was a bit of a troll back when I used Brave archers and was too lazy to check all the enemy's skills before I started combat. She resetted quite a few of my Arena runs.

Edited by XRay

18 hours ago, XRay said:

>>too lazy to check all the enemy's skills before I started combat.

>>She resetted quite a few of my Arena runs.

>>>>>Me facing Sanaki and Lilina and not checking for swordbreaker

"Buff res. Move into Drive Res range. Thats enough to not get one-shotted. Everyone's in position to bait on enemy phase. Now to just end my turn and--SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!! She doubles."

________

Throw glass-canon mage with bad speed on the list of "that shouldn't work. But it works."

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

>>>>>Me facing Sanaki and Lilina and not checking for swordbreaker

"Buff res. Move into Drive Res range. Thats enough to not get one-shotted. Everyone's in position to bait on enemy phase. Now to just end my turn and--SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!! She doubles."

________

Throw glass-canon mage with bad speed on the list of "that shouldn't work. But it works."

Oh yeah, Breakers can be a pain to deal with sometimes. I remember encountering a highly merged M!Robin with B Tomebreaker and Deflect Magic who basically walls off my Arena team. I do not remember if I won or loss, but it would have certainly taken me an extra few turns to deal with him now.

If only you could see the power of Sweeper-Meme Ephraim. +Spd IV (-Res preferably), Darting Blow, Windsweep, Threaten Spd, and a Speed Seal. Oh, and the refined Siegmund, or Flame Siegmund if that works better. It shouldn't work... but it does. Most of the time.

5 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

This must be specially surprising for a person that plays something like Pokémon (Flareon is so bad because his stat-spread makes him so weak to his weakness, the slow glass cannon doesn't work in Pokémon).

I'm surprised I can actually use tanky mages without depending in Nosferatu.

I need to still actually put this to the test in arena/AA, but from what I've done in PvE and on sims, -spd L!Lyn is actually not nearly as bad as I'd been anticipating. It locks her out of a PP build if you were ever considering that, but it's actually been pretty sweet for an EP build. She still hits 42 speed which is enough to avoid doubles from just about all ranged units, including +spd default SM!Eirika and +spd L&D Celica, and it means she doesn't have to sacrifice any of her bulk. Granted with both being literally a single point of speed away from doubling her, she'll realistically either need buffs, of her own, potentially rather large, or dulled range, but with QR being a seal, the latter isn't a huge issue. Biggest issue then is BB archers, but QR/DD works pretty well for them if you want to switch builds up. Kind of a shame she can't do both at once, but eh.

One that I'm not sure is actually uncommon given how often I see it, but is a complete PITA for my arena team is speed-stacked Nowis. My team's usually Rein with goad, Sigurd with hone, and Lyn with fortify which I should probably switch for hone, but Nowi becomes a complete pain because she's bulky enough to survive two hits from pretty much all of them with that setup, and is too fast for Lyn to quad with summoner support, ally support, and goad-honed. I've actually considered switching Sigurd out for a green, but then I remember what a pain Myrrh/B!Ike, etc. would be.

On 4/30/2018 at 5:25 PM, Arcphoenix said:

There's Draug as well who, at least in the earlier meta, is shockingly fast for an armored unit. He can basically double a good amount of times without having to worry about getting doubled himself (unlike poor Arden).

I actually got Draug to lv forty, ditching his brave sword in favor of a silver one. I THINK I also equipped him with a speed boost, but I don't really remember all that well, but yeah, he's pretty good. I hated him at lower levels because of his low attack power, but he just sort of grew on me because of his odd speed stat. XD 

If I remember correctly, he actually was extremely fast for a unit in the actual games because how much the knight class takes away someone's speed. 

Another knight I love for their odd stat distribution is Sheena. Her surprisingly good res just makes me smile whenever I deploy her. 

@XRay Unfortunately, I don't have her at this moment. But I just love how it's nearly always the lolis who have a crap ton of attack power in the Fire Emblem Heroes universe. Well, it seems that way to me at least.  

@Indigospace Ooooh. Ephraim is my favorite Lord in the franchise, so I GOT to check that out now! I literally "eeked" in excitement when I first summoned him. 

@bottlegnomes Yeeeah, 42 speed is still enough to double most of the units I mainly use, so I'd said it's not that big of a sacrifice. XD

How about you try mounted Chrom? Maybe with a few RES boosts, he can deal with Nowi with his overpowered-Plus-5-to-all-stats-if-damage-is-taken- Falchion. 

Edited by Martin

52 minutes ago, Martin said:

@bottlegnomes Yeeeah, 42 speed is still enough to double most of the units I mainly use, so I'd said it's not that big of a sacrifice. XD

How about you try mounted Chrom? Maybe with a few RES boosts, he can deal with Nowi with his overpowered-Plus-5-to-all-stats-if-damage-is-taken- Falchion. 

Alas, I don't have him otherwise I probably would :( What I really should probably do is swap him out for my pimped to hell and back Lucina, who through sheer dumb luck is tied with Rein for most merged at +5, and then just give Rein and Lyn both Hone Cavalry, which is a big part of why they rely on Sigurd.

As for Lyn, yeah, even with -spd, she's not exactly slow. It just seems to be that PP mages anymore are all stupidly fast. Like if I see a Nino anymore, she'll almost certainly have at least 42 speed, and I'm not even in tier 20.

Edited by bottlegnomes