Twitch Plays Pokemon Mafia NOC(15p)(GAME OVER TOWN WINS)

Bluedoom

I still don't see how Athena couldn't be nervous as town, but I don't get the impression you're trying to make him panic.

##unvote

##vote: Randa

51 minutes ago, Randa said:

I would say my vote on SB was more trying to get more activity, I wouldn't say a reaction test but it wouldn't be the least appropriate description I guess 

In that case, I don't like how you voted him for pressure, and not giving an opinion on the votes that came after you.

I don't believe you are trying to get more activity, just trying to give that impression. I don't see any effort to improve your reads.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I thought he was actually pressing Bart and giving him more scum points as that's how I was reading it.  That being said apparently it's the complete opposite and I find it weird.  I don't really read Athena one way or another at the moment, as null as I can be during RVS basically.  If anything I just don't understand how what Bart did = town points.

He said Bart's responses were quick and 'natural', I read that as he WAS pressing Bart, and thought his reaction to the press was townie.

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

I could see you asking something be potentially of nothing serious because it was something over RVS.  

Overall it feels oppurtunistic against someone that has only rolled scum so far and you are trying to make them start to panic with weak reasoning.

The first part is the part I'm confused about, though I'm convinced it's just cause I'm an idiot. I just don't understand what your trying to say. Like I think you're saying that idiocy during RVS akin to my usual nonsense is non-indicative of alignment, but I don't know.

I think the problem I have with this is more of a meta thing. I don't think I've seen anybody focus on taking advantage of a new player's relative inexperience to force the player to misplay. It honestly doesn't seem like something that anybody on this site would do, a couple I play with IRL sure wouldn't surprise me in the slightlest, but on this site I just don't think I've ever gotten the impression somebody would do that.

17 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I still don't see how Athena couldn't be nervous as town, but I don't get the impression you're trying to make him panic.

##unvote

##vote: Randa

In that case, I don't like how you voted him for pressure, and not giving an opinion on the votes that came after you.

I don't believe you are trying to get more activity, just trying to give that impression. I don't see any effort to improve your reads.

I mean did say I was going to eat and that in and of itself takes a while tbh.

Just now, Killthestory said:

i pave the path for a town hero to take the spotlight while i do the dirty work. 

No.

anyways I'm done with my pizza so I'm gone through the thread and read a bit.

4 minutes ago, Randa said:

I think the problem I have with this is more of a meta thing. I don't think I've seen anybody focus on taking advantage of a new player's relative inexperience to force the player to misplay. It honestly doesn't seem like something that anybody on this site would do, a couple I play with IRL sure wouldn't surprise me in the slightlest, but on this site I just don't think I've ever gotten the impression somebody would do that.

Do you think SB could or would do that kind of thing? Do you think it's reasonable for Shinori to make that kind of argument?

Still don't see SB's case against Athena. Nothing Athena did directly was noted with scum intent IMO, and the fact that it was still within RVS timing makes the criticism of "Not really scum hunting" applicable to most of the player base at that time. 

Refa ez sheeping of SB's case is null, since Refa seems to excel at sheeping cases in general. What does bother me though is his asking of myself, Randa, and Evan to comment on said SB  case when I didn't even see much contribution from his own slot sans 1 question and "Ok sheeping" response thereafter? 

> Assuming at this point that Refa was just moving to apply more pressure on the first case rendered to encourage moving the rest of the player base out of RVS, but not sure? Can you confirm or deny, @Refa? Anything else on the other players so far since the SB case?

Why is Shinori posting (mini)wall posts before I do so this game? 

Shinori feels really loud with his activity so far this game already. My  gut read on his slot is already making a :huh: currently, because it's pretty rare for me to see him to be THIS loud this EARLY in the day phase, even as town!nori.

Also one of his points regarding SB wanting to make Athena panic: How far would SB feel the need/want to push him if that was really the goal in mind? (Would the boldness of that play be dissuading moreso for town or scum!SB?) And is that something that only scum!SB would want to do, or is he fishing for more reactions to make plays off of as town!SB? @Shinori

Kill's votes and avi swaps are continuously confuse me.

I have a bit of trouble finding out exactly what the reads were that Randa were posting? I thought he initially had something catching his eye negatively wrt Shinori's post, but I don't see much about it in later post(s) [outside of not understanding/being able to follow Shinori's posts] and chalks other parts of it up as a "reaction test"? 

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Do you think SB could or would do that kind of thing? Do you think it's reasonable for Shinori to make that kind of argument?

No I don't think SB would. I don't know if Shinor's argument makes meta sense though cause I haven't played on site in like 2 years, but going off of what I remember i don't particularly think it's a reasonable argument and seemed very forced IMO.

I wouldn't classify Athena as 'new' So that's not really a valid argument @Randa

@KillthestoryDo you?

##Unvote:

##Vote: Randa

He's throwing a lot of dirt around but doing actually nothing.  Any reason why your vote is still on SB?  I'm assuming you haven't read my most recent post, either that or you ignored my questions.

Do you find me scummy? Do you find SB scummy?  You mentioned before you had a gut read on me whereas your vote on SB was literally just for activity's sake which I find bad.  You are also throwing a lot of dirt on me and yet still haven't placed a vote on me.

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

So you have a gut scum read on me but are only voting SB for 'activity purposes'?  Vote me then?  Why is your vote still on SB?  Wouldn't that be faking activity?  This is a weird thought process.

Yeah it was more of a gut read I'd say. Problem is I don't think a gut read has a lot of weight at this time. And like I said I needed to actually read the thread to try and get a more clear opinion on people. And here's the thing if I plan to actually make content I see no reason to change my vote before I actually form a solid opinion, barring extenuating circumstances of course. 

As for the last part that's not really faking activity, you can say it's faking content or creating a bunch of white noise but faking activity would more so be if I were trying to lurk without seeming like I'm lurking I guess, but I'm too egotistical too lurk tbh. 

In terms of your content it's the same as what I outlined above, I don't really see where you get your meta on SB from. But I'm readin the lead up into your vote on Refa I just question why you don't give even a cursory explanation to why you vote Refa. Like I get that you explain this in one of your previous posts,  but your post talks about me, SB, and Athena and then you vote Refa. It make sure it difficult to read where your scum reads line up. 

I feel like overall your content seems forced, like I get that ED1 cases are almost always forced or reaches but this just seems worse than what I'm used to. Like I can understand this coming from a newer town player, but I know you've actually played is I don't feel like I can excuse this as much.

## Unvote

##Vote Shinori 

Also yeah my SB vote did its job pretty well I'd say considering the increase in activity and meaningful content since voting. 

As for other people i think SB is probs town if only because of his response to Refa's dumb question in RVS. 

I don't have any problems with baldrick  even if I don't completely agree with his reasoning I don't think he's done anything inherently scummy.

Eury feels very passive early on and if that keeps up imma probably have an issue with it but at this'll point I ain't stressing over it and everybody else hasn't really been active enough for me to take note.

Reason

7 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I wouldn't classify Athena as 'new' So that's not really a valid argument

He's throwing a lot of dirt around but doing actually nothing.  Any reason why your vote is still on SB?  I'm assuming you haven't read my most recent post, either that or you ignored my questions.

Do you find me scummy? Do you find SB scummy?  You mentioned before you had a gut read on me whereas your vote on SB was literally just for activity's sake which I find bad.  You are also throwing a lot of dirt on me and yet still haven't placed a vote on me.

I haven't played on SF in a fat minute so I have no idea who's new I just know you said they've only rolled mad, which either is horrible luck or their new. So given my perspective yes it is a valid argument.

and again I literally said my actual content was going to come later. I was throwing dirt I was responding to baldrick in the vast majority of my posts. If you want to say it words without actions, I'd argue I wasn't saying that much (which again can be argued as white noise and would be a valid argument) but if I'm not saying anything substantial why should I be taking action. 

Just now, Randa said:

Yeah it was more of a gut read I'd say. Problem is I don't think a gut read has a lot of weight at this time. And like I said I needed to actually read the thread to try and get a more clear opinion on people. And here's the thing if I plan to actually make content I see no reason to change my vote before I actually form a solid opinion, barring extenuating circumstances of course. 

As for the last part that's not really faking activity, you can say it's faking content or creating a bunch of white noise but faking activity would more so be if I were trying to lurk without seeming like I'm lurking I guess, but I'm too egotistical too lurk tbh. 

In terms of your content it's the same as what I outlined above, I don't really see where you get your meta on SB from. But I'm readin the lead up into your vote on Refa I just question why you don't give even a cursory explanation to why you vote Refa. Like I get that you explain this in one of your previous posts,  but your post talks about me, SB, and Athena and then you vote Refa. It make sure it difficult to read where your scum reads line up. 

I feel like overall your content seems forced, like I get that ED1 cases are almost always forced or reaches but this just seems worse than what I'm used to. Like I can understand this coming from a newer town player, but I know you've actually played is I don't feel like I can excuse this as much.

## Unvote

##Vote Shinori 

Also yeah my SB vote did its job pretty well I'd say considering the increase in activity and meaningful content since voting. 

As for other people i think SB is probs town if only because of his response to Refa's dumb question in RVS. 

I don't have any problems with baldrick  even if I don't completely agree with his reasoning I don't think he's done anything inherently scummy.

Eury feels very passive early on and if that keeps up imma probably have an issue with it but at this'll point I ain't stressing over it and everybody else hasn't really been active enough for me to take note.

Reason

Gut read > Activity vote especially during RVS.  If you don't want to change your vote until you have a more solid read that's fine and that's your playstyle and I won't fault you for it.  It did sound weird with all the dirt you were throwing on me though while not following up on it really.

I guess I should have stated Faking content as that's what I feel you've been doing with the multiple posts throwing dirt on me and then no follow up at all until now.  "Too egotistical" while constantly saying you're an idiot or stupid is really weird and doesn't match so lul.

I'm not even using Meta as an argument. I rarely use meta as an argument especially since meta CAN change.  I'm a prime example of that(lul self-meta) As for why I voted Refa I already gave part of a reason for that previously on the last page.  I made an entire post asking him questions, but my vote was on SB at the point in time.  I got a response from SB and moved it to Refa.  Up until my big post on the last page you were really only an FoS but I chose to move you above Refa in priority after your posts on this page, thus my vote on you.  Athena I wasn't scum reading so why would I vote him?  SB I had just gotten a response from and felt a bit better about so I wanted to move it to someone else where I could get more from my vote.

Forced is a long shot for what I am.  And reaching is generally what a person has to do during RVS to get some answers for things.

And no your SB vote did nothing.

So to break down:

Your voting me because you feel my content is forced and you felt I didn't explain my Refa vote when I made a post already asking him questions and wanting answers for his bad shepe on the previous page.  You're also shrugging off the points I made against SB with the flimsy reasoning of "I don't remember the meta of this site but I don't think that's how it was."  IF you don't remember the meta then you can't even use it as an argument to convince or dissuade people of a situation, as stated previously I also am not using meta

WRT Athena, he's only played on SF for a few games but has stated he's played mafia elsewhere before.  So he's only rolled scum on SF but has experience elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Randa said:

1. Tired after getting off of work today.

2. Was/am distracted by League of Legends earlier and now I'm on BDO to get some stuff done on it. Also, once again tired (literally was nodding off at the computer).

3. Nothing really interesting was happening in-thread that really motivated me to take note of it, honestly. Anything that was of interested I've already noted/asked about, so.

On a side note, while I will be around tomorrow morning/some of the early afternoon, the following will be affecting my schedule/activity in this thread for this day phase:

> I work 3pm-12am (usually won't get out until 1am or so for post closing things) tomorrow night.

> I also have a 7am opening shift the following morning (Sunday) that goes until 4-5pm.

This is all CST. During these two lapses/shifts, I will probably not be able to be online much at all, if at all. 

3 hours ago, Randa said:

@refa 

heres the issue with everything right now man, up until now we haven't had basically anything to actually go off of for the first however many hours it's been. that's why I think SB asked what Athena thought, so he could have something to work off of.  so now as the rest of the players what we have to do is observe the reactions of everybody else to SB's actions. however for the first two hours you were the only person to respond and there wasn't anything to go off with your interactions. that's why I voted SB and I even mention in the post that nothing is happening. 

As for what's happened since I think eury has a similar reaction that I did to SB's interaction where it doesn't say a lot. The problem is with shinroi's post. I'm not fully clear on everything that they are saying in their second post but I'm not a very smart man and I do need to reread it after I finish eating to get a Moreno clear opinion.

3 hours ago, Randa said:

Baldrick are we talking about the same thing at this point. We're talking about my reaction to SB's case, I have a non-reaction to the case I can see it coming from either alignment and from what I read it seems that eury has the same reaction. If I had a negative reaction to SB's case I would have supplied an actual explanation about my thoughts towards SB case instead of the nonesense I posted instead.

SB I was talking about Shinori's post about you and Athena. It's mostly the second and third paragraphs that I question but as I said I need to reread to understand why I was confused and if there is even anything inherently scummy there.

2 hours ago, Randa said:

Nah my reaction to Shinori's case is more gut than anything else and I would say my vote on SB was more trying to get more activity, I wouldn't say a reaction test but it wouldn't be the least appropriate description I guess 

These are all my posts about you before my post at the top of page 5. I really don't think I'm throwing a lot of shade at you in any of these,  I see two where I'm confused and need to reread and one where I'm saying my thoughts on you are mainly gut. I don't say if I think your scummy at any point, I say I have an issue but part of that might Be on my end and then that I need to reread to check for anything scummy. I really don't see where you're coming from when you're saying I'm throwing shade.

Also I know literally nothing about Athena so how am I supposed to know their not new. I'm not doing that much research on every player. 

Now to be completely off topic and talking about the egotistical thing. Yeah no I'm an egotist 100% I don't doubt myself and act with complete confidence. I love the spot light and never shy away from being The center of attention. That is I'm pretty sure the definition of an egotist. At the same time I'm realistic about my capabilities.  Compared to most of the people who play on this site I don't think I'm particularly smart, I don't think I'm particularly good at mafia, doesn't mean I'm going into a game lacking confidence in myself. I don't know my thoughts on myself tend to be complicated. Like don't get me wrong I love myself but I know as well as anybody else my flaws.

8 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

1. Tired after getting off of work today.

2. Was/am distracted by League of Legends earlier and now I'm on BDO to get some stuff done on it. Also, once again tired (literally was nodding off at the computer).

3. Nothing really interesting was happening in-thread that really motivated me to take note of it, honestly. Anything that was of interested I've already noted/asked about, so.

On a side note, while I will be around tomorrow morning/some of the early afternoon, the following will be affecting my schedule/activity in this thread for this day phase:

> I work 3pm-12am (usually won't get out until 1am or so for post closing things) tomorrow night.

> I also have a 7am opening shift the following morning (Sunday) that goes until 4-5pm.

This is all CST. During these two lapses/shifts, I will probably not be able to be online much at all, if at all. 

Like I said being passive is more of an issue going forward if it were to continue but that's something for future me to worry about.