Twitch Plays Pokemon Mafia NOC(15p)(GAME OVER TOWN WINS)

Bluedoom

22 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

shinori v randa has a distinctive t v w feel. 

Elaborate.

Randa, disregarding meta/posting style/etc., do you have any problem with the actual logic Shinori used to vote Refa, or to vote SB?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Randa said:

The problem is with shinroi's post. I'm not fully clear on everything that they are saying in their second post but I'm not a very smart man and I do need to reread it after I finish eating to get a Moreno clear opinion.

3 minutes ago, Randa said:

SB I was talking about Shinori's post about you and Athena. It's mostly the second and third paragraphs that I question but as I said I need to reread to understand why I was confused and if there is even anything inherently scummy there.

3 minutes ago, Randa said:

Nah my reaction to Shinori's case is more gut than anything else and I would say my vote on SB was more trying to get more activity, I wouldn't say a reaction test but it wouldn't be the least appropriate description I guess 

1 hour ago, Randa said:

The first part is the part I'm confused about, though I'm convinced it's just cause I'm an idiot. I just don't understand what your trying to say. Like I think you're saying that idiocy during RVS akin to my usual nonsense is non-indicative of alignment, but I don't know.

I think the problem I have with this is more of a meta thing. I don't think I've seen anybody focus on taking advantage of a new player's relative inexperience to force the player to misplay. It honestly doesn't seem like something that anybody on this site would do, a couple I play with IRL sure wouldn't surprise me in the slightlest, but on this site I just don't think I've ever gotten the impression somebody would do that.

1 hour ago, Randa said:

No I don't think SB would. I don't know if Shinor's argument makes meta sense though cause I haven't played on site in like 2 years, but going off of what I remember i don't particularly think it's a reasonable argument and seemed very forced IMO.

For clarity here is everything you've said about me more compact.  Whether you are doing it intentionally or not, things like "The problem is with Shinori's post."  This implies there is a problem, generally something you disagree with or something that you feel is wrong, and when it comes to a mafia game that generally implies leaning more towards scum reading than just town disagreeing.  And whether you see a gut read as something or not, you still had a gut read on me while stating there were 'problems' with my case/post and that further insinuates that you would be scum reading me.  Constantly being confused about it and constantly stating you need to read is NAI IMO and is also faking content/faking activity in my eyes.

The fourth and fifth posts specifically also just brush off everything I asked SB about and question about because of a meta that you state yourself, you know nothing about.  If you don't know a meta how in the world can you brush off an argument because of meta?  Also as I stated, I'm not using meta as an argument so I don't even know why you choose to bring up meta as a way to try and brush off the points I made against SB ESPECIALLY when you don't know it.

Fine leaving my vote here.

hey i was at work and didn't realize this game started lmao hey everyone

i didn't realize "the mob" was the town faction i thought i was mafia at first whew

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Elaborate.

Randa, disregarding meta/posting style/etc., do you have any problem with the actual logic Shinori used to vote Refa, or to vote SB?

actually i just think randa is mafia with shinori lul.

wolves don't feel like they have much presence unless my reads are wildly off base. that means hits like eurykins or ice sage are pretty safe to guarantee that sweet, sweet day 1 wolf lynch. the town in this game are pretty obvious, too, but i won't get to that part yet. 

Kill's been one of the most productive people so far, and I don't like it.

Nothing much worth sharing. Of the cases that have been made, Refa is the only one I would sheep.

PEDIT: Kill, that's what I said?

Once I posted it I realised that's vague. I don't like the way Refa asked for opinions on SB. I think Eury said something along those lines.

19 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Kill's been one of the most productive people so far, and I don't like it.

Nothing much worth sharing. Of the cases that have been made, Refa is the only one I would sheep.

PEDIT: Kill, that's what I said?

productive lmao i've barely put effort in so far. waiting for it to get a bit longer.

sheeping isn't the same as agreeing with someone. i agree with their read, but my reasons are my own. 

56 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

productive lmao i've barely put effort in so far. waiting for it to get a bit longer.

sheeping isn't the same as agreeing with someone. i agree with their read, but my reasons are my own. 

You have a non-RVS read, which puts you ahead of about half the people in the game.

Fair enough. I'll presume your reasons will become apparent later.

hey everyone sorry to do this two games in a row but ya boy was readin the game and u know what i am not going to deliver anything that makes sense until tomorrow after work lmao.

or will i

I was gonna vote Randa for saying coffee is nasty but everyone did that. so I went to go vote Rapier for saying tea was nasty (as I sit here drinking tea) and then I realized that I have to be the bigger man here considering I am cultured enough to like both coffee AND tea and to drink both on a regular basis so obviously I have already achieved the ultimate yin-yang, the wincon of this great big mafia game we call life.

having seen two athena scumgames i am not bothered by sb calling his response to him nervous cuz athena seems to be a very nervous careful scum player tho i couldn't tell you if that's his consistent scumstyle or it was just cuz he was getting used to it and may be trying to Evolve. 

however I also feel like scum!athena would have felt obliged to jokepost less considering it draws attention and scum!athena seems to try more to avoid attention and this is where I would rather put my guess. so actually this gave me kind of a positive readvibe from them.

Why Athena over Bartozio?  Asking because I reread that exchange and it was white noise to me.

mood

I don't feel like going over the rest until tomorrow

7 hours ago, Shinori said:

I could also see that though as poking someone during RVS for their own reads/opinions, which for the record, you didn't respond to.

Nah, I responded to it here at the end of the post.

@Killthestory Did you only start to read Shinori vs Randa as TvS when Randa voted him back? Or were you doing that earlier?

I'm iffy on Randa's Shinori vote (I don't think the reasoning is very strong) and I was sort of under the impression that he'd done more to figure things out beforehand but upon reexamination it looks more like justifying new stances than forward thinking. I thought the Shinori->Refa vote was odd at first too, but then I remembered that Shinori had made comments about Refa earlier and I think it's a little odd that Randa didn't catch that when he was apparently rereading. Does this skew your read on Shinori at all? I'm confused because it feels like you went horribly off-topic in your defence.

@Baldrick

##Unvote
##Vote: Randa

This game is slow. I'm still wary of Athena and could see a world where Refa was trying to reaction test me in order to look town, but I don't think it's worth pursuing yet on its own. I'm curious to know if it actually gave him a read, now that I think about it.

@Magnificence Incarnate Can we have votals?

Votals

randa(4):Athena, shinori,  baldrick,  sb

rapier(2):bartozio, jb

Bartozio(1):rapier

Athena (1):refa

shinori(2):eurykins, Randa 

killthestory(1):evanmanman

eurykins(1):killthestory

not voting : vi Astra, ice sage, Mackc2

Edited by Magnificence Incarnate

I agree with Via's read on Athena. Scum!Athena would have probably just ignored my initial response to him, instead of continuing that joke debate with me.

@SB.: Can you explain how your reads of Athena just spamming during RVS and him being careful scum who doesn't want to stand out coincide? because those feel contradictory to me.

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

@Randa Can you explain what you think your vote on SB accomplished again? Since I think he didn't post between you voting him and you saying your vote did it's work.

10 hours ago, Shinori said:

I thought he was actually pressing Bart and giving him more scum points as that's how I was reading it.  That being said apparently it's the complete opposite and I find it weird. 

About this, I personally feel it's harder to make joke-posts if you're nervous. By having this back and forth, I was testing whether he was capable of responding to me in a quick and natural fashion. He was, which earns him towncred in my eyes, if only a little.

I am not bothered about SB/Refa voting me at all. The way I spoke there is really natural for me (the "I don't know him, what do you think"-part), but I can see where SB was coming from and it got the game started.

I think I remember Refa doing the exact same sheep-thing last game, where he was town. (someone posts a case==>Refa asks some 'explain this line' question==>person explains==>Refa votes), can someone confirm/deny whether he's also likely to sheep this way as scum?

My Randa vote was placed as a RVS vote, but it's staying there as a real vote. The "I'm dumb"-statements and flailing around really rub me the wrong way.

As for townreads, I'm getting really good vibes from Baldrick.

@Killthestory When you said Shinori v Randa was a scum/town combination, why didn't you elaborate on who was who?  And now you're saying they're W/W? What makes you think that? It comes sort of out of nowhere in my eyes.

Hi popping in to say this has been a terribly long day and I have no time to read, so I'll see you all in another 15 hours because morning is busy also

##unvote 

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

@SB.: Can you explain how your reads of Athena just spamming during RVS and him being careful scum who doesn't want to stand out coincide? because those feel contradictory to me

There’s no reason for scum to be afraid in RVS, but I got the impression that Athena was worried about me questioning him (even before I’d voted the slot) because his response was non-commital, even for a day 1 read.

Also, what do you think of Randa and Shinori?

I just realised I pinged @Baldrick before for a question and then FORGOT TO ASK IT but why does Refa’s question toward me seem more likely to come from scum? I don’t see it as alignment indicative, personally.

@athena_57 Is KTS scummy? The rest of your post is agreeable but I’m not sure it you think he’s scummy or not.