Twitch Plays Pokemon Mafia NOC(15p)(GAME OVER TOWN WINS)

Bluedoom

I meant to do a conclusion to my Ice Sage post but I didn't. Ice Sage is a wolf. One of the four players they listed as not knowing in their second post is a wolf and since I townread Shinori and Bart, there is a wolf in Randa/SB. They currently have 8 town reads and one scum read, which is pretty terrible since out of the 5 remaining people, 3 had been inactive and not given readable content. There is probably a wolf in the unread players that had thread presence, placing a wolf in Athena/Bladrick. I'm leaning Baldrick right now. The last wolf, assuming there are four wolves, is in Rapier/Mack. They were two of the three inactives not mentioned. The other was JB who I think is town from his reads list.

Ice/Baldrick/{Randa/SB}/{Rapier/Mack} are wolves.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Update: The situation was a bit worse than we originally thought (actually a lot worse but what can you do) so I'm still dealing with IRL shit. I'm going to try to get a post out in the next couple hours but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

"SB didn't answer Athena's questions"

On 11/05/2018 at 6:57 PM, athena_57 said:

I'd think scum!him would be slightly more likely to either ignore me or not post at all in order to remain under the radar. Then again, I don't know him at all. What do you think?

On 11/05/2018 at 7:06 PM, SB. said:

Ftr I asked you the question because I was getting lowkey Kokichi vibes from you. I don't have a read on Bart myself yet.

Refa/Shinori pls I answered it in the very next post.

5 hours ago, Refa said:

This.  It doesn't read as town defending town to me.  SB is saying that he personally doesn't agree with the cases on me, but isn't using it to get any scumreads or to defend me in any meaningful capacity.

I already stated what I thought of you like three posts earlier and didn't feel like repeating myself when Shinori asked me about his case specifically, which I didn't think was objectively bad - but we came to different conclusions on the same point. I think my phrasing on the chainsaw bit was shit because I was in a rush but I was trying to consider scum!Refa scenarios in case I was wrong and I tried to get across that I thought it was unlikely? Eurovision sucked btw.

Even disregarding Shinori this is wrong because I questioned Bart's read on you and it's even part of my scumread on him because the only part that I could see as you deliberately not sharing reads is when you said you had a gutread on me? But obviously that's explained by you being demotivated which he just handwaved at the time and never really addressed. And the others who suspect you  are like... Rapier and Evan. Rapier's cases aren't going to make sense when he was like 5 pages behind so I didn't bother acknowledging them and I already said that I thought Evan had a bad catchup and there's no case to even dissect there. What do you even want from me here?Also I never voted Evan (like, maybe I could have engaged him more but the dude blankvoted me what is there to even engage) and talked to Randa while he was around but now he's kinda flaked so rip.

5 hours ago, Refa said:

Can you explain where Randa is backpedaling?  He does that as scum, so I'd feel more confident in a vote there if you linked me to that.  I agree that most of his posts are defensive, but he's also the #1 wagon and hasn't played in forever.  I'm willing to give him a break on that one.  Fair enough on defending me (shoulda read this before shittalking you lol), but to me it just feels like you're too sure based on something relatively minor?  If I'm town, surely my later posts will look town as well, so more analysis on those would be nice for my read on you.

Okay, so in this post, he asks KTS nicely to expand on their reads while scumreading Shinori for being unclear.

I say that it's weird that he treated them differently, and his response to that is to half-dodge the question (I don't think their circumstances should have changed Randa's opinion) and then he finds other reasons to vote KTS in the end anyway that already existed prior? I get that my question could have prompted to look it over but put together it felt to me like he was just trying to appease me.

@Ice Sage do you think that Refa isn't just isn't scummy or that he's town? Pls respond.

@athena_57 can you explain why you thought Evan's "no wallpost" thing was townie? I'm kinda confused by that and your response to Ice in relation to the rest of the thread.

@EvanManManMan are KTS and Via scummy for voting you or not? 

I don't want this post to get exploded by SF so I'm gonna post again in a minute.

Wrt Evan: I don't like how they addressed Via/KTS attacking them (it's just trying to get them to doubt the read rather than actually diffusing the situation) but their post on Ice is better and I agree with their suspicion there. The inconsistency is real and Ice kinda reminds me of my first scumgame where I struggled with faking reads (remember SSBU Shinori lmao) so I had a lot of inconsistent reasoning that almost got me lynched.

@EvanManManMan Why do you think that one of the four in Ice's posts would be his buddy? What do you think of Baldrick and Athena specifically?

I'm kind of bothered by Refa now because his read on me makes no sense. Beyond the "SB is distant part" (which is something I'm kind of trying to do delibately ftr) I feel like he's not actually reading my posts beyond the surface which is kind of frustrating. I think it's weird that he thinks my content is fine but then suspects me for not doing things anyway which just feels weirdly confirmation biasy. Also I feel less strongly about his low effort post after thinking back on old games (FFT) but I want him to respond to my BEAUTIFUL WALLPOSTS ABOVE because I'm not sure if I'm just kinda salty for being misinterpreted or not.

I agree with Evan on Ice mostly (see above) but I also think that the way Athena is treating him is really weird. It feels like Athena is kind of prodding at the suspicion without really wanting to go in on it, and I don't get how he can townread Via/KTS for their exchange and also townread Evan earlier without properly addressing that. This really feels like scum trying to stay on the sidelines to me because I think town Athena would actually interject into the discussion and say why the TR'd Via and KTS for it even if they don't agree with the conclusion or just mention Evan's more recent stuff in general. It feels kind of like they're waiting to see if they should push the slot or not.

Randa is still scummy because aside from the Shinori vote, pretty much everything they've done has been in response to pressure on them. I get that he's kind of been the focus of the game so far, but it doesn't even look like he's trying to look elsewhere. It feels like he's in full defence mode and I really feel like his stance on KTS is super convenient. Ftr this read is kind of dropping off in priority for me but I'm not sure if it's just because he hasn't posted which is ugh.

I don't get the JB townreads, is it just on effort? Tbh I ran out of effort trying to read his post and I don't get where his lynch prio is beyond Evan. @Jaybee Who would you go to next if not Evan?

Athena > Ice > Randa

How much time do we have left? I think we're <24 hours so I don't want to vote Athena if nobody else suspects him.

i thought ice sage's content post was shaky and awkward but made in a way that was believeable for new town. i think evan attacking them after being generally antagonistic comes off as opportunistic and fueled by survival. 

Okay Ice brought up the four players on his own (I somehow missed this and thought it was Refa asking it?) so I think it makes his line of posting more natural because he said he was mostly unsure on the slots and that lines up with his expanded reasonings. I'm okay with Ice for now I think.

That also makes Evan's suspicion look worse because I think he was trying to frame Ice's reads in the worst way possible and with the knowledge that Ice said he was unsure on the slots now I think it was reasonable for him to have waffly opinions there (rather than feeling forced to make something up and tripping over himself because of Refa). It's way more opportunistic now that I've realised that.

@Jaybee
Eury question: I said I've seen this from both town and scum Eury and thus read it as null. I can also see why town!KTS would be bothered and thus like the way hé was casing her, even if I don't agree with the case
Refa question: Slight scum I think, drifting closer to null. Shinori progression is good imo, mostly iffy on the way he's staying away from the Randa wagon. Bigger fish to fry atm.

Catchup post overall looks good, I would like some clarification on your Eury read (wishy washy + will get a clear view later), and something more substantial on the people at the end of the alphabet. Could you list like a secondary scumread? Questions are good, analysis as well but a gamestance would be nice.

3 hours ago, EvanManManMan said:

I meant to do a conclusion to my Ice Sage post but I didn't. Ice Sage is a wolf. One of the four players they listed as not knowing in their second post is a wolf and since I townread Shinori and Bart, there is a wolf in Randa/SB. They currently have 8 town reads and one scum read, which is pretty terrible since out of the 5 remaining people, 3 had been inactive and not given readable content. There is probably a wolf in the unread players that had thread presence, placing a wolf in Athena/Bladrick. I'm leaning Baldrick right now. The last wolf, assuming there are four wolves, is in Rapier/Mack. They were two of the three inactives not mentioned. The other was JB who I think is town from his reads list.

Ice/Baldrick/{Randa/SB}/{Rapier/Mack} are wolves.

More on Evan later, but a question right now. This quote reads really weird. Why is only one of Randa/SB a wolf and not both? Why me/Baldrick amongst the actives and why Baldrick over me? Overall, this is a pretty graspy speculation and I'd like to know how certain you are of this.

2 hours ago, SB. said:

@athena_57 can you explain why you thought Evan's "no wallpost" thing was townie? I'm kinda confused by that and your response to Ice in relation to the rest of the thread.

Like I said, I struggled to see scum's catchup starting with dumb shit like that. I was expecting at the time it would get followed up by legit catchups, but then it didn't. I wouldn't say I'm townreading them currently. More on ice after the following quote.

1 hour ago, SB. said:

I agree with Evan on Ice mostly (see above) but I also think that the way Athena is treating him is really weird. It feels like Athena is kind of prodding at the suspicion without really wanting to go in on it, and I don't get how he can townread Via/KTS for their exchange and also townread Evan earlier without properly addressing that. This really feels like scum trying to stay on the sidelines to me because I think town Athena would actually interject into the discussion and say why the TR'd Via and KTS for it even if they don't agree with the conclusion or just mention Evan's more recent stuff in general. It feels kind of like they're waiting to see if they should push the slot or not.

Randa is still scummy because aside from the Shinori vote, pretty much everything they've done has been in response to pressure on them. I get that he's kind of been the focus of the game so far, but it doesn't even look like he's trying to look elsewhere. It feels like he's in full defence mode and I really feel like his stance on KTS is super convenient. Ftr this read is kind of dropping off in priority for me but I'm not sure if it's just because he hasn't posted which is ugh.

Okay, my stance on Ice. I dislike his posts and am scumreading him (albeit less than Randa). The thing is, he reminds me a lot of Clarinets in EO3 and D1 Satsuma in IDNSFMM5, two townies I pushed as scum. I can see him being the same as those two and just a newer, lost townie. Therefore, as long as I have a substantial scumread (Randa), I'm leaving him alone. You say I'm scum on the sidelines, but considering you're scumreading me for playing similarly to last two games, isn't scum!me more likely to push this?

I can sort of understand your feeling on Randa, I feel similarly wrt the vote seeming less useful, but it remains the person I'm the most confident about.

On Evan. My original townread was mostly because when he started getting voted, I was like "Ah, there's scum's counterwagon". [Note: Not necessarily started, but fueled by scum]
I understood the feeling people had about doubting their Randa read because it felt too concensus, but when a second wagon appeared I interpreted it like this and thus gave Evan towncred for it.

What I dislike about him rn is that he bothered to make the quoted post above without reading the game. This type of post reads like gamesolving to me which is not only weird af on day 1, but also weird if you haven't read the game yet. His Ice Sage push might be opportunistic, but I don't really disagree with it too much. I can see the push coming both from scum!him and lost/lazy/uncaughtup-town!him. This may be too much self-projecting, but the Ice Sage case is something I'd push harder if I didn't have anything solid, either because I was scum desperate for a case or because I was lost.

Placing him in the iffy pile.

Randa > Ice Sage > Evan > Mack/Rapier/Refa

As for interactions between the top 3, I don't value interactions between Ice Sage and Evan too much, I can see one of them being lost and the other scum, but I could also see them both being scum tbh. Both town is possible, but unlikely (not due to interactions, but level of confidence I have in my reads)

I will say I find it hard to believe all of these three are scum, I find it highly unlikely the 3 main day 1 lynch candidates are scum (assuming I'm reading the gamestate right).

It's not the lack of a vote on Ice that bothers me ftr, it's the fact that you asked if you could in the first place because it looks like you're asking for permission which is really weird. You seemed fairly sure on your scumread on him beforehand and while I can get taking his newness into account the difference between the two posts still seems really jarring to me.

I'm uh... kind of confused by the start of your Evan progression. I thought your original townread on Evan came from before anyone had expressed suspicion of him? I don't see how this matches up at all. Also I don't like all of the "if I was scum" comments as a defence considering I've won a mafia game abusing them before. 

##Unvote
##Vote: Athena

I like this now, actually. @Magnificence Incarnate votals pls

JB, I thought Refa's ED1 prod was scummy for being intimidatory, but his interaction with Shinori was towny but incoherent. The way he pushed Shinori bottom of page 11/top of page 12 reinforces my opinion that it's too half-baked to be a scum push.

SB/JB: My priority/who I would lynch is Randa > Kill/Evan. Possibly Evan over Kill because the latter is based off what my scumread said, and the former is based off what Via said. Seen Evan made a case, cover it in the next post.

Refa, I'm guessing the Shinori stuff is a moot point now.
Personally, I didn't agree with Shinori's interpretation of you, but didn't see any scum intent there. For SB's defence on you, I guess he felt the same way about the cases on you.
His initial vote on Randa is alright, but I can see what you mean that he was more talking about Randa than directly interrogating him. No problems with his explanation about Evan.

PEDIT: SB, are you now saying you want to lynch Athena over Randa?

I apologize for my absence, I haven't had time to play, I was hoping that I could get a sub but it seems that probably won't be happening.

6 hours ago, EvanManManMan said:

Not a single one of these expresses any thoughts regarding anything substantial that happened. They don't take into account players' reads. These are some of the most bare and weakest reasons I could possibly find to townread someone. It seems as if they didn't read the thread but they claimed to have done so. These are the reads of somebody who didn't read the thread and slapped words onto names for the sake of slapping words onto names or the reads of a confused wolf who doesn't know what they are doing. I am inclined to believe the latter.

I was following your logic until here. Are you saying that town is more likely to pretend to read the thread and produce random reads? Why would newbscum be more likely to be confused than newbtown, when they have more information and assistance available to them?

VOTALS
(5) Evan: Vi-astra, Killthestory, Ice Sage, Refa, Jaybee
(4) RADicate: Athena_57, Baldrick, Eurykins, Bartozio
(2) Refa: Rapier, Shinori
(1) Kill: RADicate
(1) Ice Sage: EvanManManMan
(1) Athena_57: SB

The Voteless: Mack

DAY 1 ENDS IN 15 HOURS.

Edited by Iris

Okay Evan was an easy read so I finished it first, most of his content is complete fluff or meaningless nonsense that just makes me think he is trolling rather than playing the game properly, The only serious post is one where he is chainsaw defending himself against Ice sage, which in itself isn't good but his counter points aren't even good, I find it rather funny that he is calling out Ice sage for not putting any thought to the big events that have happened when he hasn't talked about any of them himself and hasn't given any of his own thoughts other than Ice is scummy. (Not that I can talk) tl:dr: Evan looks real bad, onto Randa now