Twitch Plays Pokemon Mafia NOC(15p)(GAME OVER TOWN WINS)

Bluedoom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Conqueror said:

Look, I'm not asking you to agree with me about my approach or my opinions - I can be wrong! If you think I'm right about what I said about Refa/Elemina, then do your reads change because of that? That's what I want to know. Is joining the Evan wagon because he had more votes scummy now that we know both the D1 wagons were town?

Refa yes. I think Refa is fine now. Elemina I'm still weary though because of the flip. I think its scummy

44 minutes ago, Conqueror said:

Also, @Ice Sage Did you end up sending in a vote via role pm? I noticed there should have been 9 votes on Rad but there were only 8 votes in the votecount. Votes in thread don't count. So was that you?

See you all in 16 hours.

Didn't send a vote via role pm. i made a mistake did not vote in pm

I work from 3pm-close tonight and 7am-5pm tomorrow morning. Please keep that in mind as it will reflect upon activity level in the first part of this day phase.

37 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Things I couldn't say because I couldn't post; thoughts from my QT.

Someone should call out Eury for wasting a post on a shit post responding to me claiming my gambit. - Same with KTS, if you didn't like the gambit complain about it it your next actual post instead of just wasting your LAST post to bitch about it. Seriously. though I need a band of hoothoots to hit KTS cause that's totally what I woulda done last day phase.

"Not interested in lynching Refa without a claim from Shinori." - Baldrick
WAT?  I POTENTIALLY COULDN'T POST ANYMORE THOUGH?  Not sure if I like this comment at all.  If it was serious vs if it was a joke.

People commented on me using up all my posts, however I was one of the only few people actually really striking up conversations and pushing forward with leads.  I don't see how I wasted them all.  Really only one of my posts could probably be considered a waste.

I'll be back to post a bit more later.

1. The fact that you "couldn't post" is because you pulled that fucking gambit and hypertunnelled your earlier posts onto Refa, that legit threw a lot of us off, including myself.

2. "Someone should..." Why are you asking someone else to call me out on something that legitimately frustrated me? Also, the response post also noted me as to my vote swap back onto RAD, instead of the REFA vote I had changed to due to your claim (since I already had my share of issues with the Refa slot prior- I assumed a legit claim is best to go with if that was the actual case. WHICH IT WASN'T.) So no, it wasn't a shitpost, and the entire episode of the gambit made me want to not post anymore last day phase. 

* @Conqueror I voted RAD as per the last post I made last day phase.

3. Fact is you spending the rest of your posts, sans the last one listing the gambit, meant that you couldn't even flesh out the end results of your gambit on THAT day phase. That personally bothered me, because I was just sitting here like, "SO I JUST GOT JEBAITED AND WE ONLY GET TO KNOW LIKE, 10% OF THE WHATEVER QT YOU HAD ON THE SIDE IN TERMS OF WHAT YOU GOT OUT OF IT". Why not save 2 posts, and make it seem like you were limited to only 4 posts last day phase? Would've made a hell of a lot more sense, and would've given us more to actually get out of that gambit that made multiple of us waste posts in responding/reacting to said gambit. =___=

42 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Actually, I'm not sure my action failed due to a roleblock, it might have been an invalid target.

Do we get notified of whether a block vs failing an action occurs with our results? (Would it display/result in a big enough difference for the mods to highlight for us, or is it implicated?)

Is this the first time it's occurred in the game? Unsure if there's somethin' about Marth's game mechanics or something else that is out of the norm/that I'm not used to.

2 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

Do we get notified of whether a block vs failing an action occurs with our results? (Would it display/result in a big enough difference for the mods to highlight for us, or is it implicated?)

Is this the first time it's occurred in the game? Unsure if there's somethin' about Marth's game mechanics or something else that is out of the norm/that I'm not used to.

I'm waiting on a mod-confirmation atm on whether an invalid target results in an action failed.

I haven't used my ability before. (It can't be used each night)

It was fleshed out enough for me.  I mainly wanted Refa's reaction and Sb's but SB wasn't around so rip.

"Someone should" Is literally because I quoted it from my thoughts QT which I stated.  IF you don't get what that means; I made that comment in my thoughts qt talking bout things that I was thinking about yesterday while the day phase was still ongoing.

Two posts were used on the gambit and I was still able to respond to stuff that had been there at the point in time.  Also considering that I ended up not even being around for phase end after that, me having ONE other post wouldn't have made a difference and I actually would have been unable ot use all my posts.

Using the gambit as an excuse to not post strikes me poorly and I dislike it.

I also don't get this massive response you are making towards me when I'm not even fully attacking you at the moment.  You seem hyper defensive here.

7 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

Why not save 2 posts, and make it seem like you were limited to only 4 posts last day phase? Would've made a hell of a lot more sense, and would've given us more to actually get out of that gambit that made multiple of us waste posts in responding/reacting to said gambit. =___=

First part; not really, the amount of posts wouldn't have changed too much, the timing was just poor.  I meant to do it earlier in the day as it was something I had planned to do for a bit but I thought there was more time left in the day phase than there was.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, Bartozio said:

I don't really agree with this, because I think careful scum wouldn't want to stick out during rvs either. I can see where you're coming from though, his response to you wasn't great.

##Unvote

I think you're putting too much stack in someone else playing this way tbh. For instance people could default to picking on newbies only if they don't find anything else to talk about.

If you wanted the game to become more active by people discussing SB's case, why didn't you comment on it yourself? If you didn't think there was much to comment on in regards to his case, why did you expect other people to talk about it? This feels to me like you were trying to make other people do the dirty work while still taking some of the credit for it (or at least make it appear like you were doing something), which is very scummy.

##Vote: Randa

FWIW, I get why you don't like this playstyle of her, during EO3 I literally tried to vig her for it during N1 (didn't work, but that's a long story), but she always tends to start like this (she was town in EO3). Her reads generally improve a good bit later on as town, so I'm willing to give her some time to not be busy.

Can you give an example as to what he's trying to manipulate people to do? Asking because his post don't really read that way to me.

There's quite a few people who haven't really interacted with the game much at this point. Just saying :P

Wait, what?

Beter reads post coming up.

Bart's first post. This was on page 8. First line doesn't say anything.  Second part neither. Randa vote is fine, if a bit lazy considering this was by page 8. Fourth part doesn't do anything either. Fifth is whatever. Stuff after that is filler enhanced with quotes to make him look busy. He enters the thread on page 8 (5th game-related wise) and doesn't make any actual pushes or ask interesting questions, just makes comments on things without pushing/giving a read. Only exception is Randa vote, which was hopping on the consensus wagon.

After that, some filler posts.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, Bartozio said:

Via, I don't think anyone posted they were suspecting you. Calm down, it'll be fine if you post reads when you have time.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, Bartozio said:

<Via quote: I'm not mad it's fake maf anger>

scum slip? :P

The he makes his readslist

This is pretty much a ctrl+c -> ctrl-v of the consensus reads. Nothing new to offer, just going with the flow.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Bartozio said:

Sup guys, I'm back. Did a quick skim of the thread.

I think scum!Eury would just post less lol. After she posted she'd barely have time, she made some posts with barely any reads in them. I think Scum!Eury would use being busy as an excuse to not post until she had some decent reads to share.

I meant Refa saying he had a gut scumread on people (think it was you and Shinori) but not pursuing it at all. I think that if he was feeling bad about you guys he'd have quite a lot to talk about, so it's weird to me he didn't. (Admittedly, he has made cases since I made that readpost though.)

I mean, I admit they could be playing like this as scum, but that's kind of a mood point cause I could see them round up half the scum teama s scum in an attempt to look good. I feel like their current actions are a lot more likely to come from town and didn't really see anything bad in their posts (I already explained what I found good about their posts in my readup). I'll have to reread them to properly respond to your cases though.

Refa acutally making cases on Shinori and SB makes me feel a bit better about him, because it seems like he actually had stuff he didn't like about them, instead of just trowing around accusations without any thought behind it. As I said, I'll have to actually read up on stuff to respond to it properly, but they seem like decent cases at first glance.

Evans case on Ice Sage looks pretty bad, since it's basicly just accusing him of not having any reads, while Evan doesn't really seem to have those himself either (apart from this case I guess). I find it a bit disturbing he didn't look into SB at all after trowing shade at him for his initial case, and came back with an easy case on Ice Sage instead.

Wouldn't mind lynching this slot tbh.

I think Ice Sage makes more sense as a vig target tbh, since his only meaningful interaction is with Evan (could say the same about Mack, but he's getting a sub).

I made this post around page 14, but then my internet died and I could only post it now. fml, but have some comments anyway.

This is 42 hours after his last post, on page 15 (7 pages later). First 3 paragraphs are replies. First reply is ???, with the second and third, he waffles, bolded shows him not willing to take a firm stand.

Throwing dirt at Evan looks bad. Suggests vig on Ice Sage without commenting on Ice Sage's play. Why Ice Sage? He's not even a wagon atm?

Feels the need to end with an excuse for late posting. (Page 14 is literally 1 page earlier tho)

This is all he has to say after being gone for nearly 2 days. Zero actual pushes. Zero productive questions.

After being prompted by Via to read Ice Sage, he posts this on Ice Sage (implying he hadn't read anything on them before, yet suggested them getting vigged?)

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, Bartozio said:

@Vi-astra Done reading his posts.

Him coming in the thread townreading you, KTS and Eury is pretty null to me. You guys were pretty much consensus town I think, so it's a pretty safe read.

His gutread on Randa could be intresting for associative reads later on, but it doesn't really mean anything right now imo. Read on me is basicly saying I should post more, which is NAI.

His reasoning for finding SB town and finding Shinori odd at least had some reasoning behind it, though he dropped suspision on Shinori rather easily.

My problem with his content isn't so much that any of it is bad, but there's just not a lot that's really telling to me. Definitly don't want to lynch him before Evan or Rad right now, since those two I find actually scummy if that's why you asked.

Hey look, a block of null. To summarize his day 1, he copy-pasted the consensus reads, threw dirt on the mislynch, practically sheeped the other townie wagon, didn't push anyone. This isn't him being busy, this is just coasting.

Day 2:

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, Bartozio said:

post 1/6
Alright, with internet failing me misserably, I now have more posts left then hours I can play this phase. joy.
I'm gonna save 1 or 2 posts until morning, and the rest is all coming out in the next 3-4 hours. Sorry to whoever gave me an extra post to use.

Rad saying he caught up but then only commenting on how he can't defend Randas play isn't great. Certainly not making up for Randa's play. Who's scum Rad?

Back and forth between Refa and Shinori made both of them look better in my eyes. It felt like their reads were evolving through the conversation, instead of them just butting heads.

On Refa: I don't think the cases on him are bad, but I kind of doubt scum!Refa would go after Shinori and SB like this if he's gonna low effort like this. Going after SB for his tone
even though his cases are good also doesn't sound like something you'd do  to make yourself look good, but I can see it coming from a desire to read SB (since we can probably all agree
you're not catching SB for a lack of content after that AntiHeroes debacle).

Like the way Athena is pressuring Ice Sage, think it's a lot better then how he pressuredZeus last game.

Conqs first post felt good, he made a good case on Athena and I fully agree with his opinion on the wagon analyses.
@athena_57, what does lynching on the Evan wagon do for your reads if it's not Rad? Are you convinced enough to keep lynching on the wagon until you actually hit scum?
I think Evan was more then scummy enough to get lynched, so being so sure his wagon has to have a large number of scum feels weird to me. I don't remember people really hammering on an Evan lynch other then Via (lol) and JB (I think demanding a flip is very reasonable in that situation), which I'd expect scum to do if they desperatly wanted to keep Randa alive. You insist on voting there because of the density, but do you believe the players in that pool are all more scummy then the other pool you mentioned individually?

Might as well make this my response post, read ups are coming after I have dinner.

This is what I said on it at the time:

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, athena_57 said:

I dislike Bartozio's above post, it contains some relatively blank (obvious, uninteractive) comments on the game state, a Refa defense I find flimsy, a Evan wagon defense (not even strong, just implied) I heavily disagree with and a sheep on a case without considering my defense. I'm holding off on judging him until his readspost, but I'm not feeling good here.

This still holds. It's a bunch of fluff, except for a few points:
- Waffles on Refa, sort of defends him, but says he likes the cases on him?
- Comments on how I pressure Ice Sage.
- Defends the Evan wagon, which doesn't make sense from a townie POV. He scumreads RAD, knows Evan flipped town, yet defends the wagon.

Once again, no actual pushes, no real questions, just one comment on RAD.

His next post is here

Right after me shading him, his read on me flops from town to scum. This is his main reason:

<It feels to me like you're trying to create reasons to not look at other people and push people on the wagon without reasons other then Rad being scum.>-Bartozio

Whereas I've attacked Refa and pushed him, whilst he himself isn't pushing anyone at all. This change pf heart is super sudden, I'm town and then I'm scum for not pushing anyone (which is incorrect and also not a thing that suddenly happens in a few hours).  Feels like blatant OMGUS.

After that there's a readlist. Not going to comment on it, except for that I disagree with a bunch of these, as readlists are easily fakeable.

And that's all we hear from him for day 2, despite him promising to get back. Now, he may be busy, but I could easily see him being there but deciding to stay away during the shitshow of the fake guilty aftermath and the turbo considerations at phase end.

To summarize his day 2:

Literal nothing. Flops on some reads without comment. Pushes no one. Doesn't ask any questions aside from his Evan wagon defense.

I have commented on literally all of his posts, aside from RVS and a few filler one-liners. Look at this and tell me this is town? No clear scumreads, no pushes is not a busy townie, this is a coasting scum member.

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

It was fleshed out enough for me.  I mainly wanted Refa's reaction and Sb's but SB wasn't around so rip.

"Someone should" Is literally because I quoted it from my thoughts QT which I stated.  IF you don't get what that means; I made that comment in my thoughts qt talking bout things that I was thinking about yesterday while the day phase was still ongoing.

Two posts were used on the gambit and I was still able to respond to stuff that had been there at the point in time.  Also considering that I ended up not even being around for phase end after that, me having ONE other post wouldn't have made a difference and I actually would have been unable ot use all my posts.

Using the gambit as an excuse to not post strikes me poorly and I dislike it.

I also don't get this massive response you are making towards me when I'm not even fully attacking you at the moment.  You seem hyper defensive here.

First part; not really, the amount of posts wouldn't have changed too much, the timing was just poor.  I meant to do it earlier in the day as it was something I had planned to do for a bit but I thought there was more time left in the day phase than there was.

That is called me being angry at basically being misled by said poorly timed gambit and making ME waste 2-3 posts on it. 

RAD also did nothing to rectify my vote on the slot. Ergo I had nothing new to say in-thread that day phase, AND IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, the thread kind of died after that really bad gambit you hosted. So me not wanting/feeling the massive urge to want to post again kind of reflected upon those situations. Call it as close as to demotivated as you could get, along with wanting to drink some bleach after dealing with that jebaited reaction test.

And hyper defensive? You gunned at me telling people to call ME out for my last post day phase within your first post of this day phase??? (Even if this was part of your copy/pasta notes, are you unable to edit it without it sounding like you're trying to pool others into calling me out for something I found justifiable?) That entails that you found something about me either scummy or questionable, both means of aiming to put me in a worse light. Even when circumstances dictated clearly that I was frustrated with how things panned out, I basically wasted half of the time/posts I had available that day phase, and nothing changed in terms of people actually saying/doing shit last day phase. RAD especially- which I already had noted in terms of that slot not posting anything of much value as the day phase was dwindling to the end. 

> For the record, I'm not finding Shinori scummy or anything wrt his playing style as of right now. But holy hell I wanted to murder him IRL for it, and it would've felt fucking amazing.

32 minutes ago, Ice Sage said:

Elemina I'm still weary though because of the flip. I think its scummy

Why? At first, Mack's vote there was scummy  because it looked like he had a better case on Randa, yet voted Evan, which swinged the lynch to him and resulted in a mislynch. Now that we know Randa was town as well, please explain why it's still bad?

Also, please elaborate on your Refa read.

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Considering you didn't even use all your posts I don't think you can complain about 'wasting' any.

I can, because you made me not want to post anymore that day phase. (Again, I also had nothing new to work with, so what was the point in me doing so? My vote was not moving off of RAD with the whole REFA situation done and over with, and shit all was being posted later on. Also I woke up like an hour past the end of the day phase, so not much was really open coming from my end of the spectrum.) Waste of energy, waste of time casing someone based on a false read/guilty, and I'm pretty sure you caused someone else to go over their cap on posts as well last day phase. I dislike the fact that you pulled a gambit on a day phase where people are hyper limited by post # and fucked over several people in terms of post count last day phase. Again, not really SCUMMY for it, but not the greatest tactic or timing of it.

hi eury arguing over whether or not you're angry at shinori doesn't actually matter much if you don't think he's scummy? thread clutter imo

you're not getting a detailed post from me because it's 1:25am but I like @athena_57's case on bart, seems strong. i'll look through it again properly in the morning but i have my own reservations about bart's slot.

need more from KTS, Ice, Elemina. SOmeone raised the point earlier about how views change on the rad & evan wagons since both turned scum but looking at the only d2 post from elemina i don't see anything from there that makes me think that this slot is town.

After Randa flip I had to take some time to think on all of my reads. At some point I started getting paranoid and reading Shinori/Baldrick defending me against SB so early as them attempting to pocket me, but after rereading most of Shinori's stuff I stand by my town read. Rereading Baldrick made me loosen my initial townread, I suppose I was mostly confirmation biasing on that. FTR he's still leaning town, just not as firmly anymore.

Scumreading Refa still, his Randa defense makes way more sense as a TMI read to be honest, his Randa talk feels like white knighting now and he makes sense as a buddy for Bartozio, considering Bart's repeated Refa defenses.

Ice Sage - Talk please. I can't judge you like this.

Most other people haven't changed too much.

@athena_57 what does tmi mean lol i've never been Strong at terminology. and if someone can also explain what pocketing means that would be fantastic

@everyone: do you think scum intent/alignment can be gleaned from the way one used their anarchy posts, and if so, examples?

2 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

@athena_57 what does tmi mean lol i've never been Strong at terminology. and if someone can also explain what pocketing means that would be fantastic

@everyone: do you think scum intent/alignment can be gleaned from the way one used their anarchy posts, and if so, examples?

Too much information. As scum he knows Randa is town and thus is more likely to see/imagine towniness in tone.

Pocketing is a scum member defending a townie in order to buddy up with them and have them townread them. (I think at least and that's how I used it, maybe it's more general like just buddying up with a townie)

6 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Why? At first, Mack's vote there was scummy  because it looked like he had a better case on Randa, yet voted Evan, which swinged the lynch to him and resulted in a mislynch. Now that we know Randa was town as well, please explain why it's still bad?

Also, please elaborate on your Refa read.

I'm fine with Refa after looking back at his posts. I was always unsure, but at least for now his explaining makes me feel comfortable on not lynching. When it comes to mack/elemina now I think i got it wrong. I'm really not sure anymore. i need to look at more info.

3 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

Also @Ice Sage, where did last night phase take you? Seemed to disappear off the radar for some reason, were you not around much? Any new thoughts/reads?

Now that Rad was also town I honestly don't know on reads. I'm going back to reread.

Wasn't around much yeah.

shinori i would have blown yo ur reaction test up lol so ira a goof thig j eas alswep

was a friends bjtbfay and they sent me bome so lol; sorry but im orobss not psoitng sense until tomorow

##Vite: BaroIotio, reread while i was sober and theybwrew the eorst becauwe their case onathena wwd rwally inconsisten wnd i dont yhink i’ves seen a lot shnrhunting that lookms nromal all game from them. just lietposts with reads whstdont rally add up intens of interactions fo it looks forxed

@Conqueror thoughts on bart/eury/emelina pls, dont think refa is scum unless shinori is dcum (which i dontt think ) even thought thre reacgion trst is svable, i tbink. refa would have had to have been resfing vrgy well if it ss fake

i thought eurys d3 was scumtm baeed on their reaction to the guily (didnt make senese for someone sfumresfing rewfa to focus on guilty, espeucally eiry adgef SF3 mafia), and i tihijk younspent toonmuch time on nullnori dorwhst it was.

emelina isnunisp

there's a lot of deepwolves running around for this shit.

sb i think is a wolf. i don't believe a lot of his reads, and i think his intention is to be deep rather than survive. elemina not being pushed at all since the game has started makes him a good wolf candidate. ice sage, i dont even care about anymore, same with refa. those guys are too consensus to care for pushing. 

bartozio pinged me earlier, too, as a deepwolf candidate. jaybee might even be a wolf, similarly, to have your 4 wolf team filled with day presence, but someone who knew his meta earlier mentioned they had a good townread on him.

still, {elemina, jaybee, sb, bartozio} contains 2 wolves at the very least, but i'm definitely wrong somewhere. wolves clearly have too much presence for me to have been right on my reads.

oops i mislciked post LOL

elemina is kinda unpispiring and i am fine witbly cbing tbem after tbeir first post snd dropoff, feel like they modlty wanted to sodge suspicin ocer lynching bc they nevr rwally rid anything. 

kinda worried abiut conq wbuch i think is oncjous crom above, but i think they’re solvable through just talking to them when i haev kre than 6 posts lol. dont want to lynch refa eithe which confusee me with his ttwnce, younseemed to thk reaction twdt was telling yesterday so whynqre you tying tonlynch him today? dont want to backpage and lost post so sorry ifnyounansweee lol