Killer Lance+
( - )
Sacred Cowl

Fortress Def 3
Obstruct 3
( - )

~

Alm

• Offense-oriented stat line with decent Atk, passable Spd, mediocre Def, and low Res.
    • Falchion (effective against dragons, built-in Renewal 2) gives him a good combat niche and some sustain. The refinements upgrade the built-in Renewal from lv 2 to lv 3, but what really sets it apart is the effect refinement (Brave effect when attacking at full HP, -5 HP after combat), turning him into an absolute powerhouse. He even returns himself to full HP every 2 turns if he 2HKOs the enemy.
    • Overwhelmingly strong green, very strong red matchups on the player phase with an Atk-stacking Falchion (Eff) set at full HP.
  • He is fairly capable of providing Panic Ploy support.

Overall, I give him 9.5 for combat (overwhelmingly strong green, very strong red matchups on offense, sustainability bonus, useful combat niche), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, Panic Ploy capability), for a total rating of 9/10.

A few notes, while I'm here. Cancel Affinity is great for breaking TA blues. Hit and Run or Drag Back are good post-combat positioning tools. Renewal 2 gives him maximum uptime on Falchion's effect, restoring HP on a 6-turn cycle (T1: 20, T2: 0, T3: 10, T4: 10, T5: 10, T6: 0). This is great timing for Arena play, though not so much for Arena scoring. He's a reasonably good user of Odd Atk Wave, since Falchion restores HP on odd turns.

Lukas

• Stat line focused on physical aspects, with very high Def, good Atk, and poor Spd and Res.
    • Capable of using an Atk-stacking Brave Lance+ set on offense, with strong red and passable blue performance. He runs into the usual troubles against high-Def foes (including Tiki and Zelgius on the red end).
    • Very strong red and blue one-range matchups on defense with a Steady Breath set. He can also pull off a decent DC set with Berkut's Lance, but is not as good at taking magical hits as he is at taking physical ones.

Overall, I give him 8 for combat (very strong red and blue one-range matchups on defense, but cannot counterattack at range), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, Panic Ploy capability), for a total rating of 7.5/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Triangle Adept sets are not considered, though they might be noted. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

All my ratings.

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alm. He has a balanced stat spread with a slight focus on Hp and Atk. As always, having balanced stats without being a Dragon or Armor puts you in a bad spot compared to more min-maxed units, meaning that Alm is outclassed when using the generic weapons and unrefined Falchion. Now, the weapon refinery gave him a new opportunity to prove himself to be closer to the great unit he was in SoV and he made sure to take advantage of it. His refined Falchion grants him a Brave effect when Alm is at 100% Hp, this alone puts him on a tier of his own as a 16Mt Brave Sword with no Spd penalty, effective damage against Dragons (one of the most common enemies in arena) and Renewal 3 built-in is just ridiculous. Even if his Atk is just above average the sheer strength of his weapon makes Alm one of the offensive best units in the game. He also has the ability to be more of a support unit thanks to his high Hp which let him act like a pseudo healer with Reciprocal Aid if his offensive prowess isn't needed in a certain map. Alm's main weaknesses are that he doesn't really have an Enemy Phase even when his spread lets him tank one or two hits without too much trouble and that his Res is pathetic which means mages will dispatch Alm very easily.

Rating: 9/10

Lukas. Take an armor unit and trade some BST for 2 movement and you have Lukas. His stat spread has a clear focus on Atk and Def while dumping Spd and Res, this means that Lukas job is to tank and destroy melee units and will have to stay away from any kind of Res-targeting unit. He can use some odd weapons like Berkut's Lance to try to patch up his Res to be a mixed tank but this makes him quite mediocre as one should focus on his strengths instead of trying to patch up his weaknesses. If one focuses on Def Lukas can get to the point of tanking even Axe units while taking little to no damage and counterattacking with a very painful Ignis which can nuke even the most bulky green unit. Lukas is great but the Dragon infested meta makes his job quite hard as those target his extremely low Res and thanks to his non-existant Spd it's very likely that they'll take him down in one round. 

Rating: 8/10

On 6/22/2018 at 8:19 AM, The Priest said:

Rebecca should have been in range of Niles but eh. If I listed my gripes with the scores so far I would be here forever.

She has an attack stat to speak of. . .not much of one, but better than Niles.

Ahem. . .I missed Prissy/Jaffar, and I have a lot to say about both of them (Jaffar would've gotten something like a 7 due to utility - doing THAT MUCH damage on top of silencing mages is amazing).  Ahem. . .

Alm - Up until Falchion could be refined, he didn't specialize.  Windsweep makes absolutely no sense on him.  With the refine, Falchion gains a pseudo-Brave effect, which makes him much more offensively viable (as in, he can tell dragons to get lost).  Windsweep still sucks, unless he's +Spd, has a bunch of Drive Spd, and has something like Swift Sparrow.  Still, 33 base attack is literally one more than Eldigan/Cain, and two more than. . .Stahl.  Yeah.  8/10, and that's literally all on his refine.

Lukas - He's slow.  He doesn't want to deal with magic.  But he's a damn impressive physical wall, and unlike Oboro, he hits back with 35 base attack.  The combination of his low speed and high attack means that he doesn't mind a Brave Lance build.  Thanks to Brazen Atk/Def, he'll be all the tankier once he takes some damage.  He has maybe two niches (physical wall and my idiotic offensive build), but he'll perform very well in them.  8/10 (and unlike his commander, he's not relying on a refine)

Alm - Almheart the Conqueror has got it all. The 16 MT Brave Sword, dragon killing, potential to Renewal kite, even some good physical bulk. His stats definitely hold him back, with far too much of his not-powercreeped BST spent on HP. At the end of the day, a brave sword wielder with 49 total attack would match Alm's base damage. Alm's HP pool makes him a better healer than the other Falchions, save for Chrom. 9 out of 10. This kid doesn't need some wimpy legendary alt.

Lukas - My most common pitybreaker. I kind of miss him to be honest. Lukas has the highest Defense of any non armor unit. The 35 attack and dumped speed and res give him a delightfully min maxed spread. What holds Lukas back most is being an infantry unit and that requires a less optimal team composition for good buffs. He can bomb the crap out of people with bonfires while denying special procs with Guard. You can't ask for more than that from a wall. 7.5 out of 10.

Past Ratings

Spoiler
  1. Alfonse - 3
  2. Marth - 7
  3. Sharena - 3
  4. Jagen - 1
  5. Anna - 4.5
  6. Barst - 3
  7. Cain - 4
  8. Draug - 7.5
  9. Gordin - 5
  10. Jeorge - 5.5
  11. Abel - 5.5
  12. Linde - 9
  13. Minerva - Abstain
  14. Merric - 3.5
  15. Maria - 6
  16. Wrys - 3.5
  17. Ceada - Abstain
  18. Ogma - 4
  19. Catria - 4
  20. Est - 6
  21. Sheena - 6.5
  22. Cecilia - 4
  23. Clarine - 6.5
  24. Matthew - 4
  25. Palla - 2.5
  26. Roy -7
  27. Gwendolyn - 7.5
  28. Shanna - 4.5
  29. Bartre - 7
  30. Fae - 7.5
  31. Serra - 4
  32. Lissa - 2
  33. Y!Tiki - 8
  34. Lilina - 7
  35. Florina - 1.5
  36. M!Robin - 3.5
  37. Hector - 8
  38. Raven - 8.5
  39. Gaius - 4 
  40. Virion - 3.5
  41. Raigh - 1.5
  42. Sophia - 3.5
  43. Sully -2.5
  44. Cordelia -7
  45. Hawkeye - 5.5
  46. Nino - 8
  47. Felicia - 6.5
  48. Jakob - 1
  49. Fir - 4
  50. Eliwood - 5.5
  51. Donnel - 3.5
  52. Nowi - 8.5
  53. Frederick - 6.5
  54. Cherche - 7.5
  55. Saizo - 4
  56. Kagero - 4.5
  57. Lyn - 7
  58. Chrom - 5
  59. F!Corrin - 7
  60. Azura - 6.5
  61. Gunter - 3
  62. Camilla - 5.5
  63. Azama - 6.5
  64. Setsuna - 3.5
  65. Stahl - 2.5
  66. Lonqu - 3
  67. Hinoka - 7.5
  68. Oboro - 2.5
  69. Beruka - 6
  70. Arthur - 2
  71. Takumi - 5.5
  72. Sakura - 3
  73. Olivia - 7
  74. Henry - 2
  75. Subaki - 4.5
  76. Peri - 6.5
  77. Niles - 1.5
  78. Elise - 7.5
  79. Tharja - 5
  80. A!Tiki - 8
  81. Odin - 1 
  82. Effie - 7.5
  83. Lucina - 7
  84. M!Corrin - 6
  85. Ryoma - 5.5
  86. Hinata - 4.5
  87. Hana - 5.5
  88. Laslow - 3
  89. Selena - 2
  90. Leo - 2
  91. Eirika - 5
  92. Seliph - 5.5
  93. Ephraim - 7
  94. Julia - 6
  95. Eldigan - Abstain
  96. Sanaki - 6.5
  97. Reinhardt - 8
  98. Olwen - 5.5
  99. Lachesis - 3
  100. Klein - 4
  101. Karel - 6.5
  102. Ninian - 7
  103. Lucius - 4.5
  104. Rebecca - 2.5
  105. Priscilla - 4
  106. Jaffar - 3.5
  107. Alm - 9
  108. Lukas 7.5

Ratings I would change in retrospect: Gordin would be a 2.5 and Jeorge a 4, Cain would be a 3.5, Cecilia would be a 3.5. Linde would be 7. And I'd drop Matthew and Saizo to 3.5. Beruka would be a 7. Caeda I'd rate a 5.5 now that I've been using her at 5 star. And Leo I'd bump up to a 3.

Edited by Glennstavos

@LordFrigid Thanks for taking over. I guess I didn't change the number once since we have already reached Day 54 (I checked it and you're right).
But I think Priscilla's score is 5.5. I have the same score for Jaffar though.

@MilodicMellodi *throws knives*
You have at least specified the score for "with inheritance" otherwise I would have thrown your vote out.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

She has an attack stat to speak of. . .not much of one, but better than Niles.

Trading 4 Atk & 4 Def for 7 Res is the better deal considering Specials exists. Niles is at least able to tank a hit from a mage and has some killing potential with Slaying Bow + Iceberg/Glacies due to said Res. Rebecca doesn't even have that with her aggressively average stat line. 29 Atk (32 with a boon) is not acceptable without any kind of alternative means to fix up her awful Atk (like effective weapons or a defensive stat that can be used for Specials) and her better mixed bulk is not on the scale where she can reliably tank with a Guard Bow.

7 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Thanks for taking over. I guess I didn't change the number once since we have already reached Day 54 (I checked it and you're right).
But I think Priscilla's score is 5.5. I have the same score for Jaffar though.

You know what it was...

I had my computer's calculator app open to do the averages, but it was kinda overlapping with my screen, and just happened to block the ".5" portion of my own rating...

Awkward.

Alm: Prior to his weapon refinery, Alm was almost unanimously believed to be the cruddiest Falchion wielder due to an unimpressive stat spread and the other three doing what he could  but much better. Now he’s a monster thanks to the refine, which allows him to attack twirl a la Brave Sword. Slap on something like Death Blow and watch him plow throw people like they’re butter. Dragons are pretty much garanteed to give up the ghost, as with many green and even red units. Only two things hurt his performance. The first is the fact that he takes recoil damage after attacking, so he’ll have to sit out a turn to recharge which can be very inconvenient. This leads me to the second con, in which Alm’s stats just remain okay... at best. His speed is a shaky 30, and he can possibly die to a speedier sword due to that... despite having passable defense. Thus he has no use for the enemy phase. Use Alm wisely however, and he’ll go far. 8.5/10

Lukas: Are those pesky, speedy swordies giving you a headache? If so, Lukas can help you out! He’s min-maxed blue wall who has an emphasis on attack, HP, and defense while foregoing speed and resistance. If you give him QR3, an enemy phase defense boosting skill like Steady Breath, and Ignis, he’ll be untouchable. Lukas will laugh at most physical reds while charging up his special to unleash onto the enemy. Lukas should fair well against fellow blues too, though mind your matchups. Just... whatever you do, never EVER put him in range of a tome wielder or a dragon. They’ll eat Lukas for breakfast. 8/10

Spoiler

10: Extremely strong, shapes the meta around themselves. Requires using niche units to counter. Very few units will fall into this tier.

9: Not quite meta defining but still very strong units with great combat performance against common arena threats and no glaring flaws.

8: Solid units that provide good coverage against their own colour and the one they are strong against, but can be countered by some units of the colour they are weak against.

7: Units that provide a unique form of utility be it buffs, debuffs or being anti meta while also being a decent combatant that can hold their own in a fight.

6: Units that provide similar utility as a tier 7, but are outclassed in combat and will require support or heavy investment to contribute outside of their niche role.

5: Middling units that are outclassed but can still perform decently with investment. Not excellent but not horrible either. Can sometimes serve a niche role.

4: Borderline units that serve as a poor man's version of another unit (basically completely outclassed). Can achieve similar performance as a tier 5 but requires significantly more investment.

3: Units that have poor performance against their own colour and are countered by pretty much anyone with triangle advantage. Can only really achieve anything against units they have an advantage over.

2: Units who often fail to kill even enemies they have triangle advantage over even with investment. Generally not worth using.

1: Bottom of the barrel units that not only perform poorly but are a handicap to the player's team. No amount of investment can save them.

Modifiers:

+0.5

Hone/Drive utility. Seasonal weapons with hones and drives will not be considered except on the source unit as per my standard.

Healing utility (not for staff units). Mostly for the falchion users and maybe Arvis

Chill and Possibly ploy utility, depending on how GHBs will be rated

+1.5

Infantry dancers

+2 

Flying dancers

Dedicated team requirements.

Buff dependence. (Mostly for mediocre Atk bladetome users)

Applied only if there is a significant difference in combat performance with and without the mentioned factors

Alm

I knew sticking with him would pay off eventually. To tell the truth, I really didn't like the "worst falchion user" label back then and I'm very glad things changed.

Alm has a balanced statline that doesn't stand out in any stat. What does stand out though, is his completely busted weapon refine. Refined Falchion lets him brave attack with 100% HP, essentially giving him a 16 might brave sword. Not only that, unlike similar weapons, this weapon has a built in solution to the recoil, which is healed off every 2 turns with renewal. And it has dragon effectiveness as well. This lets him become a self sustaining player phase monster with excellent matchups across the cast, only faltering against bulky armors.

Inbuilt renewal also lets him serve as a healer if necessary, providing heal support if he isn't killing stuff. His main drawback is just his lack of an enemy phase, but even then it's not even that poor.

combat rating of 8, +0.5 for heal support for a total of 8.5/10

Lukas

It took a surprisingly long time for players to realise how good he was, and I'm still not sure why.

Lukas, despite being an early introduced unit, has one of the most minmaxed statlines in the game with garbage Spd and Res, but great HP and Atk and massive Def. He easily walls physical reds and blues, and even some greens. And unless the enemies have guard, he will fire off a special, nearly guaranteeing a kill. Give him guard and he no longer fears Luna or moonbow. Against physical teams, he's nigh invincible.

His main weakness is mages obviously, and he lacks a reliable way to kill them due to being optimised for enemy phase, unless he runs a brave lance build, but that build isn't really relevant anymore. 

7/10, a little one dimensional, but in his niche, he does really well.

7 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Alm

• Offense-oriented stat line with decent Atk, passable Spd, mediocre Def, and low Res.
    • Falchion (effective against dragons, built-in Renewal 2) gives him a good combat niche and some sustain. The refinements upgrade the built-in Renewal from lv 2 to lv 3, but what really sets it apart is the effect refinement (Brave effect when attacking at full HP, -5 HP after combat), turning him into an absolute powerhouse. He even returns himself to full HP every 2 turns if he 2HKOs the enemy.
    • Overwhelmingly strong green, very strong red matchups on the player phase with an Atk-stacking Falchion (Eff) set at full HP.

Overall, I give him 9.5 for combat (overwhelmingly strong green, very strong red matchups on offense, sustainability bonus, useful combat niche), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, Panic Ploy capability), for a total rating of 9/10.

A few notes, while I'm here. Cancel Affinity is great for breaking TA blues. Hit and Run or Drag Back are good post-combat positioning tools. Renewal 2 gives him maximum uptime on Falchion's effect, restoring HP on a 6-turn cycle (T1: 20, T2: 0, T3: 10, T4: 10, T5: 10, T6: 0). This is great timing for Arena play, though not so much for Arena scoring. He's a reasonably good user of Odd Atk Wave, since Falchion restores HP on odd turns.

Lukas

• Stat line focused on physical aspects, with very high Def, good Atk, and poor Spd and Res.
    • Capable of using an Atk-stacking Brave Lance+ set on offense, with strong red and passable blue performance. He runs into the usual troubles against high-Def foes (including Tiki and Zelgius on the red end).
    • Very strong red and blue one-range matchups on defense with a Steady Breath set. He can also pull off a decent DC set with Berkut's Lance, but is not as good at taking magical hits as he is at taking physical ones.

Overall, I give him 8 for combat (very strong red and blue one-range matchups on defense, but cannot counterattack at range), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, Panic Ploy capability), for a total rating of 7.5/10.

I basically agree with this and I'd also give Alm a 9/10 and Lukas a 7/10

Alm 8/10: Before his refine he was blurred with the sea of sword units. After his refine, his hard hard hitting with brave effect at full hp which is quite effective. However he is at his best when initiating at full hp. But with renewal build in his sword this is easier.

Alm

Spoiler

So his stats are the most balanced of the Falchion users. Not as high Attack as Chrom or Lucina, not as high Speed as Lucina and Marth, not as much Defense as Chrom, but all in all, a very in between unit. His HP is fairly good enough, especially after refine, to run with Infantry Pulse and Panic Ploy, and his Res is the standard too-low-to-rely-on of all Falchions. If what you want is the most standard Falchion user, then Alm is here. Unfortunately, none of the above make him as blitzkrieg as Lucina, as tanky as Chrom, or as supportive as Marth.

His base kit is kinda crummy as well. Average attack gives him a fairly weak Draconic Aura trigger, even with the Personal Weapon Might of Falchion, and remains fairly standard even with Attack +3, assuming you don't immediately replace Attack +3 with literally anything else. Windsweep would be a theoretically good skill with the right support or, fail that, Phantom Speed, but Alm can only trigger it on so many units with base 30 speed, and that's assuming you do give him Phantom Speed.

So of course we look at the Valentian Falchion, which for some reason was given Double Lion instead of some form of Distant Counter, but who cares at this point... anyways, as mentioned many times already, before the refinery update, Alm was only average as a Falchion user, which made him the worst. Now that he has a 100% HP Brave weapon though, one with 16 might and no Speed penalty, Alm is now one of the more frightening. It also works well with his base kit, as his speed is average enough that all the speed stacking in the world won't let him double many units, so Phantom Speed + Windsweep lets him safely initiate on any melee enemy and do two attacks with fairly good power.

Plus, since Falchion will also receive an upgrade to Renewal 3 from Renewal 2, he can stack healing with Renewal 2 and almost consistently have 100% HP to trigger the Double Lion effect continually, or to just be the Off-Healer he has been since day one.

Now I don't have Double Lion on him yet, but I can still go over Alm's obvious flaws even after getting Double Lion. First off, he is very much a player phase unit, which is a problem because Infantry are still not very good as Player Phase units. Having to have 100% hp isn't that tall an order, but it also makes Alm very susceptible to AoE damage from skills like Savage Blow and Growing Wind, rendering him as bad as he was before the update. His Resistance still sucks, so he has no reason to be in range of a Mage unless you feel like you didn't need him fielded anyways, and if a Manakete hits him, he's more or less gonna die on retaliation. His average spread is also a detrament, since it means he can't take any physical Melee hits that well, and he is likely to be outsped by many meta units. He also won't be able to do much damage to any tanky units.

Alm is a powerful unit to have now, but you still need to be wary of all the flaws he had before the refinery update. Maybe also consider some good positioning skills...

Rating: 8/10 Alm's player phase is among the best in the game, but he still suffers from many of the problems he had before the refinery update that made him among the best. But that doesn't stop him from being a force of nature to watch closely for. Lack of care does mean he will end your units.

Lukas

Spoiler

Wanna hear something funny? Lukas is actually more defensive than most actual armors.

...yes, anyways, Lukas is an Armor with some actual movement. His HP, Attack, and Defense all go together to turn him into one of the tankiest units in the game, and are indeed on par with actual Armor units, at the cost of any speed or resistance. His HP also means Infantry Pulse and Panic Ploy are a go-go.

His base kit acts as a good starting point for becoming a tank, but can all see replacing when the time comes. Killer Lance, for instance, will immediately be upgraded to Slaying Lance, though he could also run with a different, more defensive lance, such as Tannenboom, Harmonic Lance, or Deft Harpoon, or an offensive Brave Lance... for some reason. Fortress Defense is a good starting point to make him defensive, but it does hamper his Attack and needs replacing with something else. Obstruct at least lets him guard his less bulky allies from being hounded by enemy units so long as Lukas is nearby, but he still needs something else. Sacred Cowl does little to stop Magic users from killing him in two hits.

So yes, Defense stacking on Lukas is the name of the game, making him nearly impossible to scratch with any form of physical hits, and making his Bonfires and Ignis's deal more damage than most units may even have HP. Steady Breath is the most popular A passive of course, as all counterattacks will be Bonfire Triggers, or all his Ignis triggers will come sooner, but he can still use Close Counter, Sturdy Stance, or Atk/Def bond for more defense and power.

The flaws are as obvious as what you should be building Lukas for. His speed is useless, so pretty much anyone, even other speed-shoddy tanks, can double him. This doesn't go well with his bad Resistance, which leaves him vulnerable to all mages and Manaketes. Being a mobile armor isn't that bad a resume, but he also can't access the powerful Armor Fighter skills that make Armors even more frightening. His bulk also only does so much against Green units, who typically have very high Attack anyways. In most cases, yes Lukas is bulky enough to take low damage from them, but you may want to pack a different answer to them anyways.

Overall, Lukas is an Armor unit, through and through. Maybe not like most armor units these days, but in any other game, and in fact in his own game, he IS an armor unit.

Rating: 8/10 Lukas's bulk is absurd for an Infantry unit, and puts to shame even most armors. Making him bulky enough to take almost no damage comes with the benefit of one of the strongest Bonfire/Ignis triggers as well. Just keep him away from magic.

Alm : 8/10 : Fairly obvious as to why, he is the best dragon counter in the game (that I know of).  And w/ Renewal built in he can be kited around the map to heal up and kill more dragons if need be.  Pretty solid unit even outside of dragons, though there are better options if you already have a team capable of killing dragons.

Lukas : 8/10 : Really underrated unit.  People credit Ayra for being able to ORKO blues but no one gives this guy any credit for being able to EP ORKO greens.  He can also take care of red dragons and might be able to get the drop on a red mage, but really he's just the best physical tank in the game.  Sure there's armored units, but outside of an armor emblem I'd rather have Lukas who can actually run away from mages (which he'll need to do).  Currently have +9 Lukas and IS won't give me my last one.

also while we're on the topic of Lukas, I'd like to mention that it is possible to ORKO Nowi if you use an Ignis build instead of the standard Bonfire.  Is it worth it?  Probably not for most people but just wanted to throw it out there since Nowi is so common and lots of people fault Lukas for not being able to deal with her when he can w/ Ignis.  

Edited by Lushen

I abstain my vote on Lukas.

Here is how my criteria are rated:

Spoiler

Mobility:
Armor units are 0/10. Infantry units are 5/10. Cavalry units are 8/10. Flying units are 9/10. Units with unique mobility skills will bump up their score.
Range:
Melee units are 0/10. Distant Counter Weapon melee units are 5/10. Ranged units are 10/10.
Player Phase Raw Performance:
This is based on the W:L:I ratio. Enemies will have a set up of +5, +Spd, Moonbow, and Fury. The unit will be +0, may not use Breakers, and will not have Chills or Ploys activate. Units may have access to buffs (usually, +4 to any two stats for infantry and armors, and 6/6/0/0 or 0/0/6/6 for cavalry and fliers). I would also list the build used to achieve that ratio. I think the following formula is pretty reasonable:
(W%) - (L%*0.25) = Raw Performance
Player Phase Weighted Performance:
Since most units can get a raw performance score of at least 5, setting 5 as 0 for the weighted performance makes more sense in judging how good a unit is.
(Raw Performance - 5) * 2 = Weighted Performance
Player Phase Independence:
This just means how reliant the unit is on buffs. If I take off the buffs and the unit still performs pretty well, they will get a good score. The formula is that same as the raw performance:
(W%) - (L%*0.25) = Independence
Enemy Phase Raw Performance:
See Above.
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance:
See Above.
Enemy Phase Independence:
See Above.
Ease of Use:
This is an average of the mobility and range scores.
Performance:
This consolidates the weighted performance and independence scores into one score, and uses the higher of Player Phase or Enemy Phase. This also means that the build used in weighted performance may not necessarily be their best build, since there may be an alternative build with a slightly worse performance but have much higher independence.
(Weighted Performance * 0.8) + (Raw Performance * 0.1) + (Independence * 0.1) = Performance
Support:
Most units by default will be 0/10. Units with 30+ Res start from 1/10. Dagger units start from 1/10. Healers start from 2/10. Buffers start from 3/10. Fliers start from 4/10. Dancers/Singers start from 5/10. Other unique support skills may further boost their score.
Other:
If the unit has some unique application or fun build, it will be noted here. For example, since Raven mages have a performance penalty, they will get some extra points here for being relevant and viable in certain team compositions.

Familiarity/Experience:
This just means how familiar I am with this particular unit or type of unit in Arena. If it is a low number, that means you should take the following rating number with a grain of salt since I do not have much experience with this particular unit and/or type of unit.
Rating:
The rating is how good I think a unit is. Here is how I weigh each criterion:
Ease of Use 4/10
Performance: 5/10
Support: 1/10
Other: If the unit got some unique application or fun build, they will get a boost to their rating.

Ease of Use 3/10
Performance: 6/10
Other: If the unit got some unique application or fun build, they will get a boost to their rating.

Ease of Use 2/10
Performance: 7/10

Notes:
1. A unit's build in raw performance will not take into account a unit's support build, Raven build, or any other builds. Likewise, a unit's ease of use, support, and other criteria will not take into account the unit's raw performance build.
2. Since healers' Firesweep build [+Atk, Pain [Dazzling Staff], Attack +3, Wrathful Staff, Attack +3] requires the user to do two rounds of combat to measure how good it is, that overwhelmingly skews the combat results for healers, so I decided to tone down their performance by using Brazen Atk/Spd-Desperation and taking away 10 HP or 25% of max HP, which ever is greater.
3. The build used in raw/weighted performance might not be the build with the best score. If there is an alternative build with a slightly less performance but much higher independence, that build will be used instead.
4. Axe and dagger versions of Wo Dao are not available in the regular summoning pool yet, but I think they will be added in the future, so I am using Giant Spoon and Lethal Carrot.

Experimental Stuff:

Adjusted Performance: Red, blue, and green units will have blue, green, and red match ups discounted . Colorless units will probably have melee match ups discounted.

Revised Ease of Use #1:

Movement

1 Movement = 0
2 Movement = 2
3 Movement = 3
Go on Trenches = +0.5
Unimpeded by Trenches = +0.5
Go on Forests = +0.5
Unimpeded by Forests =+0.5
Go on Obstacles = +0.5
Unimpeded by Obstacles = +0.5
Exclusive Movement Effects = +1

Armor = 2 = 0.5+0.5+0.5+0.5
Infantry = 3.5 = 2+0.5+0.5+0.5 = 3.5
Cavalry = 3.5 = 3+0.5 = 3.5
Flier = 5 = 2+0.5+0.5+0.5+0.5+0.5+0.5

Weapon Range:

Melee = 0
Distant Counter = 2
Ranged = 4

Revised Ease of Use #2:

Melee Armor = 0
Ranged Armor = 3
Melee Infantry = 5
Melee Cavalry = 5
Melee Flier = 7
Ranged Infantry = 7
Ranged Cavalry = 8
Ranged Flier = 9

Disclosures:
I have a strong bias for non-armor Player Phase ranged units. My experience with melee and armor units in Arena is pretty minimal, so my rating for them is mostly based on theory. My Arena core consists of BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia. I am usually in Tier 20, but I may drop to Tier 19 if I do not fish for points.

Other:

Spoiler

Template

— — — — — — — ◆Red◆ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ◾Blue◾ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ⬟Green⬟ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ●Colorless● — — — — — — —

Mobility: /10
Range: /10
Player Phase Raw Performance: /10 — #:#:#
Player Phase Weighted Performance: /10
Player Phase Independence: /10 — #:#:#
[+Boon, -Bane, Weapon, Special, A, B, Sacred Seal, #/#/#/#]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: /10 — #:#:#
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: /10
Enemy Phase Independence: /10 — #:#:#

Ease of Use: /10
Performance: /10
Support: /10
Other: /10

Familiarity/Experience: /10
Rating: /10

Summary:

_______ got bad/okay/good/stellar combat performance.

She/He can the support the team with Ploys.

She/He can support the team with daggers/Light Breath and Dark Breath.

She/He is a great mobility support unit as a flier.

She/He can also run Firesweep-Hit and Run as a flier unit.

She/He can run a Firesweep-Poison Strike-Poison Strike.

She/He can run Wrathful Staff-Dazzling Staff to emulate Firesweep archers.

She/He can run a Raven set.

— — — — — — — ◆Red◆ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ◾Blue◾ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ⬟Green⬟ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ●Colorless● — — — — — — —

Mobility: /10
Range: /10
Player Phase General Performance (Raw): /10 — #:#:#
Player Phase General Performance (Weighted): /10
Player Phase General Performance (Independence): /10 — #:#:#
Player Phase Adjusted Performance (Raw — No Red/Blue/Green/Colorless/Melee/Ranged/Physical/Magical): /10 — #:#:#
Player Phase Adjusted Performance (Weighted — No Red/Blue/Green/Colorless/Melee/Ranged/Physical/Magical): /10
Player Phase Adjusted Performance (Independence — No Red/Blue/Green/Colorless/Melee/Ranged/Physical/Magical): /10 — #:#:#
Enemy Phase General Performance (Raw): /10 — #:#:#
Enemy Phase General Performance (Weighted): /10
Enemy Phase General Performance (Independence): /10 — #:#:#
Enemy Phase Adjusted Performance (Raw — No Red/Blue/Green/Colorless/Melee/Ranged/Physical/Magical): /10 — #:#:#
Enemy Phase Adjusted Performance (Weighted— No Red/Blue/Green/Colorless/Melee/Ranged/Physical/Magical): /10
Enemy Phase Adjusted Performance (Independence — No Red/Blue/Green/Colorless/Melee/Ranged/Physical/Magical): /10 — #:#:#

Ease of Use: /10
Ease of Use 1: 2|3.5|5|||4|5.5|7|||6|7.5|9 /10
Ease of Use 2: 0|3|5|7|8|9 /10
Performance: /10
Support: /10
Other: /10

Familiarity/Experience: /10
Rating: /10
Rating 1: /10
Rating 2: /10

Summary:

_______ got bad/okay/good/stellar combat performance.

She/He can the support the team with Ploys.

She/He can support the team with daggers/Light Breath and Dark Breath.

She/He is a great mobility support unit as a flier.

She/He can also run Firesweep-Hit and Run as a flier unit.

She/He can run a Firesweep-Poison Strike-Poison Strike.

She/He can run Wrathful Staff-Dazzling Staff to emulate Firesweep archers.

She/He can run a Raven set.

— — — — — — — ◾Lukas◾ — — — — — — —

Mobility: 5/10
Range: 0/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 8.07/10 — 216:15:32
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 6.14/10
Player Phase Independence: 6.97/10 — 191:31:41
[+Atk, -Spd, Brave Lance, Moonbow, Death Blow, Guard, Quickened Pulse, 4/0/4/0]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 6.64/10 — 187:49:27
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 3.29/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 5.68/10 — 168:74:21
[+Def, -Spd, Slaying Lance [Res], Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Distant Def, 0/0/4/4]

Ease of Use: 2.5/10
Performance: 6.42/10
Support: 0/10
Other: 0/10

Familiarity/Experience: 0/10
Rating: 4 - 4.5 - 5 /10

Summary:

Lukas got good combat performance.

— — — — — — — ◾Lukas◾ — — — — — — —

Mobility: 5/10
Range: 0/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 8.07/10 — 216:15:32
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 6.14/10
Player Phase Independence: 6.97/10 — 191:31:41
Player Phase Adjusted Performance (Raw — No Green/Ranged): 9.36/10 — 103:0:7
Player Phase Adjusted Performance (Weighted — No Green/Ranged): 8.73/10
Player Phase Adjusted Performance (Independence — No Green/Ranged): 7.66/10 — 85:3:22
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 6.64/10 — 187:49:27
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 3.29/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 5.68/10 — 168:74:21
[+Def, -Spd, Slaying Lance [Res], Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Distant Def, 0/0/4/4]
Enemy Phase Adjusted Performance (Raw — No Green/Ranged): 9.55/10 — 105:0:5
Enemy Phase Adjusted Performance (Weighted— No Green/Ranged): 9.09/10
Enemy Phase Adjusted Performance (Independence — No Green/Ranged): 9.45/10 — 104:0:6
[+Atk, -Spd, Slaying Lance [Atk], Bonfire, Steady Breath, Wrath, Quick Riposte, 4/0/4/0]

Ease of Use: 2.5/10
Ease of Use 1: 3.5/10
Ease of Use 2: 5/10
Performance: 7.55/10
Support: 0/10
Other: 0/10

Familiarity/Experience: 0/10
Rating: 5 - 5.5 - 6 /10
Rating 1: 5 - 5.5 - 6 /10
Rating 2: 6 - 6 - 6.5 /10

Summary:

Alm 8.5/10
It really doesn't matter what Alm's stats are. The only thing you need to know about him is that he has the best Falchion. A 16 MT Brave Sword is pretty absurd and even turns Alms mediocre 33 base Atk into something that needs to be respected. The drawback is pretty much neglible considering the Falchion has a in-built Renewal effect and Alm should not take damage when he initiates.
Similar to Reinhardt Alm's weapon and Death Blow is good enough that he can take whatever he wants for his other passives and Seals. The Heavy Blade seal is a very good pick to enhance his offensive with Moonbow/Glimmer and Cancel Affinity allows him to kill every dragon even if they have TA.

Lukas 7/10
Ah, yes, the best man from Echoes. As one of the most min-maxed units in the game having high Atk and an absurd Def stat Lukas is one of the best physical tanks in the game, allowing to completely shutdown most Sword and Lance units. Bows just tickle him at best. In fact his Bonfire/Ignis deal enough damage to annihilate even Green units if they are not careful.
While his physical durability is impressive he is very weak against mages making him a rather risky pick for regular Arena where you have to take everything into account. It doesn't help that Dragons mess him up as well.

Day 55

Clair: Highborn Flier

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
34 / 37 / 41
23 / 26 / 30
33 / 36 / 39
21 / 24 / 28
30 / 33 / 36

Base Skills:

Rhomphaia
Harsh Command
( - )

( - )
Hit and Run
Spur Spd 3

Faye: Devoted Heart

Spoiler

Max. Stats:

39/42/45
27/30/33
21/25/28
22/26/29
28/31/34

Base Skills:

Firesweep Bow+
( - )
Noontime

( - )
Wings of Mercy 3
Bow Experience 3

Edited by LordFrigid

Claire gets a 7/10

I'm pretty much a total f2p player here, and she's got a pretty good weapon that's basically the wing spear. Her stats can easily be buffed up on teams. The only problem here is that her kit requires a bit of investment in the way of Att+3/Death Blow/Iceberg/Flier Buff. She can run a breaker skill in her B slot over the hit-and-run she comes with if you want a guarantee on specific fucking over certain horses/armors. (Swordhardt, BK, Zelgius, etc.)

Pretty fun to use. Glad I didn't fodder the 5* one I got before her refine. Without that prf, she's pretty useless. 30/39 offenses are really bland, and her durability isn't anything to write home about with the exception of res.

don't have faye but i want one. 

Clair. Her stat spread focuses on Spd and Res while being mediocre everywhere else. Thanks to her high Res she's a great user of Def Ploy and Atk Ploy to further increase her strength or bulk respectively (or both if one gives her both skills). She's also a great anti-mage/dragon unit with Berkut's Lance+ and DC and thanks to her high Spd mages will have a hard time doubling her while being countered with a pretty strong Iceberg/Glacies back. The weapon refinery adds to her versatility with Rhomphaia which gives her effective damage against Horse and Armored units (RIP Wing Spear) which she can use to a decent level thanks to her Ploy ability. When refined this weapon has Flashing Blade which lets Clair charge her special faster if she has more Spd than the enemy which isn't that hard to achieve thanks to Clair's high base Spd. Imo the route one should take Clair will depend a lot on the nature you want to focus on, a +Spd or +Res Clair will do better with Berkut's Lance+ while a +Atk Clair will make better use of Rhomphaia. All in all, Clair is a very strong and flexible unit, her main weakness is her lack of physical bulk (although that can be patched with the use of Ploy skills). She isn't quite an arena threat but in the player hands she'll be very powerful if used correctly.

Rating: 7.5/10

@LordFrigid Isn't Faye's spread wrong? If I recall correctly her spread is: 

39/42/45

27/30/33

21/25/28

22/26/29

28/31/34

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@LordFrigid Isn't Faye's spread wrong? If I recall correctly her spread is: 

[stat spread]

Probably. I copy/pasted from Alm's and I guess I only changed the skills. This has not been a good couple days...

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by LordFrigid

Clair 8.5/10:

She counters the current meta to like 90% if built correctly and running with the correct Teammates: Reinhardt, Ayra (all new red sword users), almost all Armorers, even some green one (depends on their built), all Dragons, Swordhardt, all Blue and red mages even green mages. She really only sucks against bows users not on a horse or not being armorers and green axe users, tough she can get them down if they are armorers or riders. depending on their built.

Clair - Blue Ceada. But she scores higher because lances are far less competitive of a weapon type. Clutch that attack superboon and Def Ploy if you want her to have better matchups against cavs and armor knights. Clair could do a firesweep build, but your choices are either a 26/39 offensive spread, or 30/36 and neither can beat other choices such as shigure or Cordelia. Clair is quite good, but her physical frailty results in a lot of deaths by quick riposte if she comes up short in attack or speed. 7 out of 10.

Faye - Highest BST of any archer besides Halloween Jakob. Though recent additions of Hinoka and Summer Noire exist within the same BST tier for arena scoring. Shame she has no superboon to get even higher. Her offensive spread leaves much to be desired. You would expect her to have more than 30 attack to make up for the low speed. The Guard Bow was a much needed avenue for taking advantage of her mixed bulk. Stack Distant Defense and she becomes an impressive anti-ranged wall. With Def refinement it adds up to 44 HP with 47 Def and 49 Res on enemy phase. 5.5 out of 10. Would score higher but Halloween Jakob has better min maxed stats to a point where he could run a close counter tank set and not rely as heavily on special procs for kills.

Past Ratings

Spoiler
  1. Alfonse - 3
  2. Marth - 7
  3. Sharena - 3
  4. Jagen - 1
  5. Anna - 4.5
  6. Barst - 3
  7. Cain - 4
  8. Draug - 7.5
  9. Gordin - 5
  10. Jeorge - 5.5
  11. Abel - 5.5
  12. Linde - 9
  13. Minerva - Abstain
  14. Merric - 3.5
  15. Maria - 6
  16. Wrys - 3.5
  17. Ceada - Abstain
  18. Ogma - 4
  19. Catria - 4
  20. Est - 6
  21. Sheena - 6.5
  22. Cecilia - 4
  23. Clarine - 6.5
  24. Matthew - 4
  25. Palla - 2.5
  26. Roy -7
  27. Gwendolyn - 7.5
  28. Shanna - 4.5
  29. Bartre - 7
  30. Fae - 7.5
  31. Serra - 4
  32. Lissa - 2
  33. Y!Tiki - 8
  34. Lilina - 7
  35. Florina - 1.5
  36. M!Robin - 3.5
  37. Hector - 8
  38. Raven - 8.5
  39. Gaius - 4 
  40. Virion - 3.5
  41. Raigh - 1.5
  42. Sophia - 3.5
  43. Sully -2.5
  44. Cordelia -7
  45. Hawkeye - 5.5
  46. Nino - 8
  47. Felicia - 6.5
  48. Jakob - 1
  49. Fir - 4
  50. Eliwood - 5.5
  51. Donnel - 3.5
  52. Nowi - 8.5
  53. Frederick - 6.5
  54. Cherche - 7.5
  55. Saizo - 4
  56. Kagero - 4.5
  57. Lyn - 7
  58. Chrom - 5
  59. F!Corrin - 7
  60. Azura - 6.5
  61. Gunter - 3
  62. Camilla - 5.5
  63. Azama - 6.5
  64. Setsuna - 3.5
  65. Stahl - 2.5
  66. Lonqu - 3
  67. Hinoka - 7.5
  68. Oboro - 2.5
  69. Beruka - 6
  70. Arthur - 2
  71. Takumi - 5.5
  72. Sakura - 3
  73. Olivia - 7
  74. Henry - 2
  75. Subaki - 4.5
  76. Peri - 6.5
  77. Niles - 1.5
  78. Elise - 7.5
  79. Tharja - 5
  80. A!Tiki - 8
  81. Odin - 1 
  82. Effie - 7.5
  83. Lucina - 7
  84. M!Corrin - 6
  85. Ryoma - 5.5
  86. Hinata - 4.5
  87. Hana - 5.5
  88. Laslow - 3
  89. Selena - 2
  90. Leo - 2
  91. Eirika - 5
  92. Seliph - 5.5
  93. Ephraim - 7
  94. Julia - 6
  95. Eldigan - Abstain
  96. Sanaki - 6.5
  97. Reinhardt - 8
  98. Olwen - 5.5
  99. Lachesis - 3
  100. Klein - 4
  101. Karel - 6.5
  102. Ninian - 7
  103. Lucius - 4.5
  104. Rebecca - 2.5
  105. Priscilla - 4
  106. Jaffar - 3.5
  107. Alm - 9
  108. Lukas - 7.5
  109. Clair - 7
  110. Faye - 5.5

Ratings I would change in retrospect: Gordin would be a 2.5 and Jeorge a 4, Cain would be a 3.5, Cecilia would be a 3.5. Linde would be 7. And I'd drop Matthew and Saizo to 3.5. Beruka would be a 7. Caeda I'd rate a 5.5 now that I've been using her at 5 star. And Leo I'd bump up to a 3.

Clair

• Magically bulky stat line, featuring good Res and Spd, but low Atk and Def.
    • Rhomphaia (effective against Armors and Cavalry) gives her a useful combat niche. The effect refinement (built-in Flashing Blade 3) helps her activate one-round specials to net KOs.
    • Strong red and blue matchups on offense with a fairly standard Iceberg/Swift Sparrow/Desperation set when Hone Fliers is active. Takes a good chunk of damage from physical foes, but performs well against dragons. Has trouble one-rounding the fastest of sword units.
    • Strong red, decent blue matchups on defense with a Distant Counter set. As with her offense matchups, she takes a good chunk of damage from physical foes.
  • As a flier, she can provide a flier field/combat buff to her allies. She also has stat Ploy capability through her good Res stat.

Overall, I give her 8.5 for combat (strong red and blue matchups on offense, useful combat niches), and 1.5 for support (flier field/combat buff, ploy capability), for a total rating of 8/10.

Faye

• Magically bulky stat line, with decent Res and HP, mediocre Atk and Def, and low Spd.
    • Poor matchups on offense due to her lower Atk and Spd stats.
    • Strong 2-range matchups on defense with a Guard Bow+/Distant Def/Quick Riposte set.
  • She is capable of providing ploy support.

Overall, I give her 5.5 for combat (strong 2-range matchups, penalty for not being able to counterattack at one range), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, ploy capability), for a total rating of 5.5/10 (barely makes the round-up cutoff).

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Triangle Adept sets are not considered, though they might be noted. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

All my ratings.

Clair

Spoiler

At the simplest level, Clair is blue Caeda, which makes little sense because Caeda didn't have much reason not to be blue herself...

Anyways, relatively low Attack with a potential Superboon, pretty high Speed, Resistance high enough to enable Ploy usage, and HP meh enough to let Clair take a hit.

For a long time, Clair had little going for her besides decent Ploy usage. Hit and Run is decent, but Clair doesn't exactly have the stats to being running with a Brave Lance or Firesweep Lance. Spur Speed is pretty good. Silver Lance is bland at every level, with no additional effects besides power. Harsh Command is situational at best, a waste of space at worst.

Now that Rhomphaia is in the game, Clair is able to land deadly blows on Cavalry and Armors, and also charge her special faster if she is faster and took the Special Refine.

Low defense, however, means that she can't take many retaliation hits before going down, and has to hope she can take out the enemy in just one to escape unhurt, which is nigh on impossible with her low Attack. This may be remediable with Desperation, if she can safely enter 75% hp range. As a flier, she is weak to bows, which are some of the deadliest weapons on Cavalry and may make approaching them impossible.

Still, Clair can be a deadly force if built up.

Rating: 6.5/10 Clair has the ability to cleave through Cavalry and Armor foes, which itself is a reason to take her. Lack of Defense and low Attack, however hold her back from dealing with the problem in one hit and from being able to survive some problems in one hit.

Faye

Spoiler

A bit of an odd archer. Not bad, per say, but odd.

Her statline is fairly balanced, with enough of an emphasis on Resistance that it could be considered her most notable stat. Her Speed is almost unusable.

Faye's base kit is noteworthy of being the only holder of the Firesweep Bow, which disables enemy counterattacks. This at least lets her safely chip at the enemy without worry of retaliation. The rest of her kit... well, Wings of Mercy lets her assist an ally however is needed, and Bow Exp is useless. Noontime at least keeps her low speed in mind, but doesn't have a use when she isn't being expected to take damage anyways.

The best Faye takes advantage of her decent defensive ability, being given a Guard Bow and lots of defensive stacking as well as QR3 and Iceberg, which will always be higher than her Defense unless you actively neglect it. Being able to take all forms of ranged damage better than other bows are is at least noteworthy of praise. She can also run with a Brave Bow if need be, though she is among the weaker users of it.

There's really not a lot to say here, because Faye is average enough to let her do what you need her to do, but not excemplary enough to want to use over another archer.

Rating: 6.5/10 Faye's not amazing, but she isn't horrid either. She can run a good mixed defensive set better than some other archers can, and is also the only holder of the Firesweep Bow, making her a decent option for chipping damage onto the enemy. Keep her bad speed in mind though, because she isn't outspeeding much.

4 hours ago, The Priest said:

While his physical durability is impressive he is very weak against mages making him a rather risky pick for regular Arena where you have to take everything into account. It doesn't help that Dragons mess him up as well.

Remember when I said he had two niches?  His standard tank build will have issues with dragons. . .but the weird offensive one I run won't (as in, if he manages to sneak in an attack buff, every single dragon dies), assuming I can get him below half health.  Hence why I rated him so high.

Clair - Take Caeda, and turn her into a lance unit, and that's Clair.  Her Atk is one point higher, but IMO that isn't enough to warrant a different rating from Caeda, since the two share the same issues.  6.5/10

Faye - Take Rebecca, trade her speed for bulk, then add on more bulk because why not?  Faye can warp around and shoot things, but her damage output is extremely suspect.  At least Rebecca can double and counter, thus charging her special.  Faye can do neither (unless she's +Spd and has Darting Blow or something).  Firesweep Bow is a nice weapon, but not on Faye.  Maybe she can bait with a Guard Bow or something.  3/10

Clair

As said before, she's basically Blue Caeda who is utter shit before due to laughable ATK stat (but this has a superboon) making her Silver Lance+ pokes feel like tickles. On the other hand she has good SPD and RES which means she'll be doubling a lot of stuff due to her SPD and she can use Iceberg/Glacies to capitalize on her RES stat.

Cue the weapon refinery update; Clair has gotten better! She gets access to Rhomphaia which is basically the Wing Spear and has the same unique refine as Caeda's Wing Sword. Pair that with Iceberg/Glacies and DEF Ploy and Clair can wreck Cavalry and Armors all day; just keep her out of danger because her physical bulk is bad to mediocre.

Faye

Faye is well... a bulky archer and the only holder of the much-coveted Firesweep Bow+; while this allows her to do chip damage, but having offensive stats of 30 ATK / 25 SPD at neutral is kinda sad.

If one wants to use her, give double Distant DEF 3, Quick Riposte and a Guard Bow+, she'll shine in laughing at both archers and mages all day.

Edited by Frosty