Why does anyone like Joshua?

I hate him.

I think it’s cool that he’s a gambler with bad luck, so he has to cheat to win. It’s also cool that the programmers gave him a horrible luck stat to address this, but the thing is he can’t be that unfortunate since he’s a prince.

I like that he comes with a killer edge, but in all of the FE games I’ve played so far, the myrmidons/swordmasters always come with a similar sword.

Thoughts?

Being royalty doesn't automatically give you good luck. Royalty is just a status.

People like him because be honest, would you look at him and know he was a prince at first? People like plot twists and omg reveals.

He's nothing really special but he has some cool supports (I like how smooth his Natasha supports is) and his boss battle dialogue is really good. You can really feel his emotions through his dialogue when he's about to fight Caelleach.

14 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

He's nothing really special but he has some cool supports (I like how smooth his Natasha supports is) and his boss battle dialogue is really good. You can really feel his emotions through his dialogue when he's about to fight Caelleach.

Don't forget when he fights Carlyle!

15 minutes ago, camelpimp said:

hat

Simple answer but still correct.

He's just a unit people like cause design, character, and gameplay utility. It's basically that which makes any character popular. And it's okay to dislike characters. I honestly don't care for much of fates cast but yet I'm a major Amelia fan, so it's okay to be part of both sides.

Myrmidons are cool. Ask any casual fire emblem fan, and they will tell you myrmidons are awesome. He's the first one you encounter in that game. He's also notorious for killing your allies with a crit because nobody in their right mind would try putting Natasha in his attack range - which is the secret safe way to recruit him. 

ITS THE HAT MAN. LIKE, AM I WRONG, OR IS HE THE ONLY ONE WITH A HAT IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE (not counting generics + other headdresses like tiaras and Guy's headband)

23 minutes ago, Bhoop said:

ITS THE HAT MAN. LIKE, AM I WRONG, OR IS HE THE ONLY ONE WITH A HAT IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE (not counting generics + other headdresses like tiaras and Guy's headband)

*Cough*Miriel and Ricken*cough*

1 minute ago, Inferno lizard said:

I'm sorry, who now? 

Hat. Nuff said 

33 minutes ago, Inferno lizard said:

Wizard/witch hats don't count.

Fairly usable late game as far as swordmasters go also.

3 hours ago, SMEDIA said:

but the thing is he can’t be that unfortunate since he’s a prince.

Anyone can have bad luck. If you mean money wise, like he's the FE equivalent of a trustafarian then I guess I could get that, but I think Joshua actually cut all ties and became a real mercenary. 

mostly the hat though.

I really like his character and yes while he is a prince he cut ties with that so that he could learn about real life and what his people were going through (his country is know for its sellswords).  Just because someone is born a prince does not make them lucky, anyone can be unlucky and Joshua worked for the money he gambled he was not getting any money from his mother because he ran away from home to prove himself.  

hey that's my boyfriend you're talking shit about

1. Because why not.
2. And this topic is so atrocious that I'm closing it.  Good that you have preferences and all, but I highly dislike loaded questions in the topic title, and advertising your hate isn't exactly the way to start a good discussion.