Emperor Rudolf---the Camus?

So I've been thinking about Camus recently. All of them. We've got a bunch a decent ones, a bunch of not-so-decent ones (I'm not gonna mention any names...but we all know who I'm talking about, amirite?), and then I came to Echoes.

I don't really consider Berkut the "Camus" of Echoes because he doesn't have the emotional dilemma the others do, sort of.

Rudolf, on the other hand...

--Doesn't attack Alm

--Doing what he does for a good reason

Thoughts?

Edited by Bhoop

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Kitty said:

pretty sure camus is the camus

not a joke

Camus is a lorenz in FE2/FE15. 

I don't think Rudolf counts as a camus because he's not doing it out of loyalty to any higher authority. SoV does not have a camus. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Camus is a lorenz in FE2/FE15. 

I don't think Rudolf counts as a camus because he's not doing it out of loyalty to any higher authority. SoV does not have a camus. 

Actually, by that reasoning...I'd say Mila herself was a Camus.  She probably knew Duma and her were in the wrong; yet she sealed the Falchion anyway.

Rudolf is kind of more his own thing.  The characters he probably most closely resembles are maybe Conquest Corrin and Gen 1 Alvis, but even then you still kind of have to stretch to make those connections.

Though because just about every enemy in the game is dastardly and evil, Rudolf is the closest thing to a Camus this game has... except for Camus himself, who breaks the mold by being recruitable, making him more like his older counterpart Lorenz.

Camus is literally in FE2. Why are you overthinking things? Didn't we all learn that archetypes in FE mean absolutely nothing and we shouldn't call characters "An Est" (etc) because that is just absolutely stupid?

57 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

Camus is literally in FE2. Why are you overthinking things? Didn't we all learn that archetypes in FE mean absolutely nothing and we shouldn't call characters "An Est" (etc) because that is just absolutely stupid?

Um, alright then?  It's just a means of comparison, I don't understand why you sound so angry about it or where this all is even coming from.  It's not like people are saying that Rudolf is a carbon copy of Camus, or that Delthea is the exact same as Est.  They're just saying that these characters have some similarities, either in personality, role in the plot, or how they function as units.

And yes, Camus is in Gaiden/Echoes, but the role he serves in that game's story is quite different from the role he serves in Shadow Dragon.  The main difference is that Camus is actually a playable unit in this game, while he wasn't in Shadow Dragon.  In this case, it's not comparing personalities so much as it is comparing roles in the plot.  That being said... out of all the characters that appear in Gaiden/Echoes, none of them really fit the bill better than Camus himself, since he does still fight against you (assuming you don't rescue Tatiana before you fight him) in spite of believing it's wrong and out of loyalty to someone (and his joining you if you save him is also out of loyalty).

I'm pretty certain that Rudolf, himself is an archetype, tho  aside from himself, the only persons that comes to mind that fills that role is Walhart, Ashnard(?) and Garon