In Your Opinion, Which Pairs have the Best Romantic Chemistry?

Without taking into account of stats, breeding, or any of the mechanics of the games themselves, which S-Support pairs do you think have the best chemistry and why?

I'm a huge sucker for ChromXRobin without taking into account that Robin is an Avatar, because of how much the main story already supports their relationship (regardless of gender), and even though the supports walked into kinda trope-y territory, the way the two played off of each other I thought was really well done (and the S-Support felt very natural imo).

But what do you think?

CordeliaXRobin. Yeah it's another avatar support. But based off the assumption SumiaXChrom is the pairing that happens, Cordelia gets heartbroken, alongside her squadmates deaths. The support with Robin not only shows how talented she is, but also has Robin help her come to terms with her squadmates deaths. It's also the only S-support Cordelia has that doesn't mention her crush on Chrom. Another smaller thing is her S-support with Robin is the only Avatar S-support other than Ricken's that doesn't play the usual confession theme. Plus it's kinda fitting how Chrom and Robin are usually depicted as best friends and so are Cordelia and Sumia that they would end up with them. Also this friendship thing goes further I think with Severa usually being depicted as Lucina's best friend (future past definitely shows this as Severa becomes one of her personal guards) and wouldn't be too far-fetched for Cynthia and Morgan to be best friends as well with their general attitudes.

Also that F!Robin and CHrom support is a reference to FE12's female avatar and Marth, basically the same ideals as Chrom and Robin but no marriage. Marth even asks Kris (who was acting kinda like Male Robin's support with Chrom) if they wanted to see him naked. Just a fun fact.

Gaius/Maribelle doesn't look like it should work on paper.  I don't know who was responsible for that support chain, but props to them for one of the sweetest conversations in the game.

10 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

CordeliaXRobin. Yeah it's another avatar support. But based off the assumption SumiaXChrom is the pairing that happens, Cordelia gets heartbroken, alongside her squadmates deaths. The support with Robin not only shows how talented she is, but also has Robin help her come to terms with her squadmates deaths. It's also the only S-support Cordelia has that doesn't mention her crush on Chrom. Another smaller thing is her S-support with Robin is the only Avatar S-support other than Ricken's that doesn't play the usual confession theme. Plus it's kinda fitting how Chrom and Robin are usually depicted as best friends and so are Cordelia and Sumia that they would end up with them. Also this friendship thing goes further I think with Severa usually being depicted as Lucina's best friend (future past definitely shows this as Severa becomes one of her personal guards) and wouldn't be too far-fetched for Cynthia and Morgan to be best friends as well with their general attitudes.

Also that F!Robin and CHrom support is a reference to FE12's female avatar and Marth, basically the same ideals as Chrom and Robin but no marriage. Marth even asks Kris (who was acting kinda like Male Robin's support with Chrom) if they wanted to see him naked. Just a fun fact.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I actually like it when the supports bring up her crush on Chrom - especially if she says she's getting over it.  She's obsessed over him for so long, and then is faced with the idea of having to give that up - I think it's natural for someone to be apprehensive about the idea; but that's one thing I love about her supports - they're usually about coming to terms with the fact she's probably never going to get him, and the fact that it wouldn't have been healthy anyway.  In fact, if you don't have Cordelia married, and you play the Summer Scramble Event, she actually gets a special conversation with Chrom that REALLY gives her catharsis about the whole situation.

When it comes to Cordelia supports, while I find DonnelXCordelia cute, I think VirionXCordelia and LibraXCordelia to be really well done and better for her as a whole personally - plus, someone like Libra siring Severa always came off as interesting to me.

But I can see why you like AvatarXCordelia's support chain - while I have yet to play as a Male Avatar, thus missing out Cordelia as a romantic option, I liked the supports she had with the Avatar so much, that I usually end up headcanoning that she and my My!Unit, Lilium, are incredibly close (I know that in this conversation, that really isn't saying much, but it does show how much chemistry Cordelia and the Avatar have as both friends and lovers).

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Gaius/Maribelle doesn't look like it should work on paper.  I don't know who was responsible for that support chain, but props to them for one of the sweetest conversations in the game.

I adore Gaius/Maribelle, even if their S-support was a little short imo, I think they work very well.  Not to mention, just the idea of Gaius getting caught stealing by someone like, Cordelia or Frederick, and then going on trial and seeing Attorney Maribelle and just being like "Hey, honey" :D

I'm not sure with this game's character writing generally not being that good imo. Chrom x Robin sucks too imo, because that support is god awful. It's funny, but that is not how you build up a potential romance.

I even think chemistry is rather hard to see between Frederick and Robin despite them being my favorite couple. It's just the writing didn't reach its real potential. Their support is alright, but it could've been better.

Oh, I guess Stahl x Cordelia is alright in the chemistry department. The harp duet is cute.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not sure with this game's character writing generally not being that good imo. Chrom x Robin sucks too imo, because that support is god awful. It's funny, but that is not how you build up a potential romance.

I even think chemistry is rather hard to see between Frederick and Robin despite them being my favorite couple. It's just the writing didn't reach its real potential. Their support is alright, but it could've been better.

Oh, I guess Stahl x Cordelia is alright in the chemistry department. The harp duet is cute.

Honestly with the Plegian-Ylissian war going on the in the background, and all the stuff going on in the main story, I think it's actually smart to have the support be more light in nature, as if it were as heavy as say, the Male Robin support, it may feel like too much all at once imo.  I think the support was really well-written (especially the S-Support), and felt really natural, like, it would feel kind of weird having Robin and Chrom not be romantically involved with all the stuff going on in the amine story honestly.

I thought Frederick and Robin was pretty cute overall, since it showed Frederick getting over his suspicion of Robin.

Eh, I actually don't like that one too much, because while it's cute and well-written, I don't see them marrying each other over it :/

3 minutes ago, Soleater said:

I thought Frederick and Robin was pretty cute overall, since it showed Frederick getting over his suspicion of Robin.

I don't think it focused much on Frederick letting go of distrust at all, honestly. I would've liked it to focus a bit more on that instead of just all on bear meat later. The bear meat thing is fine, but it didn't need to be the main focus.

Hey, marrying each other after a harp duet is less silly than marrying each other after bear meat lessons.

Edited by Anacybele

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think it focused much on Frederick letting go of distrust at all, honestly. I would've liked it to focus a bit more on that instead of just all on bear meat later. The bear meat thing is fine, but it didn't need to be the main focus.

Hey, marrying each other after a harp duet is less silly than marrying each other after bear meat lessons.

Yeah I can see your point, but with comments like these in the C and B support:

Frederick: Hah! You're exaggerating. Or at least I pray so. Otherwise you might as well die here—you won't last long on the battlefield.

Or

Frederick: Yes, I will train till I can consume anything, without concern for taste or decorum. Like an animal...or a savage...or like you, Avatar.

I can think until the A and S supports, he still wasn't taken with her.  But I think this support makes sense since Frederick is the type to get hung up over any of his shortcomings, and having someone help him out with said shortcoming is really touching for him.

And yeah maybe it is kinda silly, but Frederick and the Avatar at least had something else going on with their relationship beyond "Hey look moosic"

Edited by Soleater

15 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Yeah I can see your point, but with comments like these in the C and B support:

Frederick: Hah! You're exaggerating. Or at least I pray so. Otherwise you might as well die here—you won't last long on the battlefield.

Or

Frederick: Yes, I will train till I can consume anything, without concern for taste or decorum. Like an animal...or a savage...or like you, Avatar.

I can think until the A and S supports, he still wasn't taken with her.  But I think this support makes sense since Frederick is the type to get hung up over any of his shortcomings, and having someone help him out with said shortcoming is really touching for him.

And yeah maybe it is kinda silly, but Frederick and the Avatar at least had something else going on with their relationship beyond "Hey look moosic"

Yeah, I do like those quotes. I agree there.

Yeah, the main reason I love Frederick and Robin as a couple is because they start off rocky with the distrust and let it become love. I love relationships like that. I just feel like that aspect could've been done a bit better is all.

Yeah, true, I suppose.

Personally Chrom and Robin have the strongest actual chemistry (Chrom and F!Robin's support notwithstanding) and it makes perfect sense to me.  That said Gaius/Tharja, Lucina/M!Robin, M!Robin/Sumia to me have a fairly strong bond.  (Those supports are amazing...)

Robin/Lucina, no question. Lucina confiding in Robin about the horrors of war is very natural. It ties in very nicely in the story, and honestly the part where Robin confesses that he fell in love with her, I felt it to be natural (and doesn't come with a stupid proposal). 

Any pairing involving Miriel and her chemistry set because of course Miriel would use actual chemistry to figure out the best romantic couples.

Male!Morgan/Nah, IMO easily the best second gen romantic support, if not the best romantic support in the game.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I do like those quotes. I agree there.

Yeah, the main reason I love Frederick and Robin as a couple is because they start off rocky with the distrust and let it become love. I love relationships like that. I just feel like that aspect could've been done a bit better is all.

Yeah, true, I suppose.

I suppose it could have, but considering Awakening's lighter tone, I think the support works overall.

10 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Personally Chrom and Robin have the strongest actual chemistry (Chrom and F!Robin's support notwithstanding) and it makes perfect sense to me.  That said Gaius/Tharja, Lucina/M!Robin, M!Robin/Sumia to me have a fairly strong bond.  (Those supports are amazing...)

Gaius/Tharja?  What makes you say that?  Was it because Tharja seemed to actually want Gaius' attention?

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Stahl and Cordelia I think work. It's one of the only pairings where Cordelia actually grows as a character and isn't obsessed with Chrom. I also think Robin x Lucina works very well.

You talking about this in the S-Support?

Stahl: Look, I'll understand if your heart belongs to another man... I've known for a long time now that you've had eyes for Chrom. But I can't keep my love a secret any longer.
Cordelia: You...know about Chrom?
Stahl: Sure, Ever since that birthday bash. The song you played for Chrom was full of love, it was like declaring it to the world. But I thought that if I tried hard enough, I might be able to someday win your heart. Er, so, right... I'll just hold on to this ring in case that day ever comes.
Cordelia: Why can't I have it now?
Stahl: ...What?
Cordelia: You don't need to take Chrom's place. You already have.

Yeah, I can see how that works, but I actually like the supports that go through her obsession and help her realize how unhealthy it is for her - it just shows how much the other party cares for her.

7 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Robin/Lucina, no question. Lucina confiding in Robin about the horrors of war is very natural. It ties in very nicely in the story, and honestly the part where Robin confesses that he fell in love with her, I felt it to be natural (and doesn't come with a stupid proposal). 

Since I have yet to do a Male playthrough of Awakening, I actually haven't seen M!Robin and Lucina's romantic supports...What are they like?

6 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

Any pairing involving Miriel and her chemistry set because of course Miriel would use actual chemistry to figure out the best romantic couples.

Male!Morgan/Nah, IMO easily the best second gen romantic support, if not the best romantic support in the game.

Other than the perfection known as MirielxS C I E N C E, MirielxKellem I always thought was a really good Miriel pairing, and I'd get it more often if SullyxKellem wasn't so good...

But I'm in complete agreement of M!MorganxNah, especially if you take into consideration Morgan's fell linage, and the fact he's still so receptive to Nah and her Naga related problems - sure he wasn't one-hundred percent aware of it, but I just thought it made it all the more cute ^^

Edited by Soleater

53 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Since I have yet to do a Male playthrough of Awakening, I actually haven't seen M!Robin and Lucina's romantic supports...What are they like?

It's about Lucina talking to Robin and telling him about the events that take place in the future and how she has to make sure that future is averted. It ties in well to the story and Robin here is trying to help Lucina open up to others and take care of herself, and you can see how Lucina starts to open up to him. 

I headcanon that Lucina met Robin in the future before he was possessed and had a crush on him, which bloomed into full blown love after going back in time.

13 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Another pair that I think really works is Lon'qu x Cherche, it's really one of my favorites. 

That's true. Lon'qu and Cherche has Cherche actually address Lon'qu's trauma directly. 

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

It's about Lucina talking to Robin and telling him about the events that take place in the future and how she has to make sure that future is averted. It ties in well to the story and Robin here is trying to help Lucina open up to others and take care of herself, and you can see how Lucina starts to open up to him. 

I headcanon that Lucina met Robin in the future before he was possessed and had a crush on him, which bloomed into full blown love after going back in time.

...Considering how much older Robin would have to be, it'd have to be a sort of puppy love kind of thing which is pretty cute in it's own right ngl

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Another pair that I think really works is Lon'qu x Cherche, it's really one of my favorites. 

Yeah that one does go into Lon'qu's backstory quite a bit, but I wish it did a bit more honestly?  Like showed them actually getting used to each other's company or something?  Idk

19 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Chrom x Maribelle and Ricken x Miriel.

Why do you like those pairings?

Robin and Maribelle for sure!

That encounter of them in that mountain (?) was intense. :s

And the other couples that I arranged through the game:

Henry & Cherche

Lon'qu & Cordelia

Virion & Panne (this was fun)

22 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

Vaike/Nowi supports surprised me how well they were done romantically.

I think that Vaike/Nowi is one of Vaike's only really good romantic supports honestly - I think Nowi as a few p good other ones too, Libra, Gregor, and surprisingly Frederick too imo. ^^

2 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Robin and Maribelle for sure!

That encounter of them in that mountain (?) was intense. :s

And the other couples that I arranged through the game:

Henry & Cherche

Lon'qu & Cordelia

Virion & Panne (this was fun)

Robin and Maribelle?  Really?  Why those too?

Oh and I love HenryXCherche, they're so good for each other ^^

57 minutes ago, Soleater said:

I think that Vaike/Nowi is one of Vaike's only really good romantic supports honestly - I think Nowi as a few p good other ones too, Libra, Gregor, and surprisingly Frederick too imo. ^^

The only issue is the case of how Nowi is the loli body type, so despite the nice chemistry there is, there are issues still. 

I do like Donnel/Nowi, since it actually cuts into Nowi's backstory, going about her birthplace, which I almost believe is to be Jugdral.

On 5/5/2018 at 9:45 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

as an add on to this. Severa's self esteem issues are tripled with this pairing cause you know perfect father, perfect mother, and perfect younger sister like geez. It honestly makes her attitude a little more understandable also Morgan's sibling convo makes the most sense with Severa IMO.

Speaking of Severa, I really like Severa and Owain. Honestly if you want a reason as to why I absolutely adore the tsundere archetype I direct you to this support chain. I love the fact that she had his name written on her sword all this time and that she's always liked him even though she never really knew how to express it properly until now. It's just so cute.

Edited by Otts486