Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

Well, today I got some rare free time, and decided to try playing Fates again after about a year hiatus.  I thought I'd limit myself by trying an Ironman run.

The Rules:

1: We will be playing on Lunatic/Classic

2: We will not reset if a unit dies.  If my Corrin dies, I reserve the right to try again, or this might be a very short run.

3: No DLC grinding for XP or gold.  Grinding supports in castle battles is okay.

4: I will limit myself to one "bought" skill per unit

5: No Bond units will be used, but "Captured" units are okay.

6: We will be starting after the route split.

7: Children paralogs will be played, if available, and children units are okay to use.

8: I will be skipping over most of the story for this LP, since it's more about seeing how well badly I do.

9: To make things interesting, I will let the audience pick who my Corrin will wed in holy matrimony.

10: If I forgot any rules, I reserve the right to add more rules.

I've already married Jakob and Kaze in past playthroughs, so I prefer to try someone different, but we'll see how it goes.  If the top choice dies before we can consummate the marriage, I'll try to pick the next top available choice.

If anyone wants to visit my castle during this glorious campaign, my address is 05107-66614-62592-54117.

Feedback and comments are always welcome!

For Marriages and Stuff

Spoiler

A matchmaking cheat sheet

Rezzi-Odin

Azura-Leo

Laslow-Selena

Camilla-Arthur

Elise-Jakob

Niles-Beruka

Summary as of Page 24

Spoiler

Chapter: currently doing Child paralogues, main story Chapter 20

Deaths so far: Silas, Mozu, Nyx, Beruka

Things to know about this LP:

Rezzi is doing this all to please Daddy Garon

Azura is the mastermind behind everything

This war should have been over by now, but we keep letting the Hoshidan Royal family go.

Beruka is the canon mother of every child unit and wife of all Gen 1 units.

Gazak is Leo and Azura's son

Shigure and Forrest are Leo and Azura's other sons

Rezzi and Odin are married

Laslow and Selena are married

Jakob and Elise are married

Arthur and Camilla are married

Niles is widowed from Beruka's untimely death

Xander is not married yet, but Charlotte is leading the poll.

Edited by Rezzy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Woot, a Rezzy lets play!

I have no idea who is a good choice to marry gameplay wise, so I just picked my favorite option. Have fun with this totally not suicidal challenge!

Oh, this shall by no means be ideal for Gameplay.  That's what my 100 hr+ Rev file is for.  This shall be strictly for fun!

8 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Ooh, Conquest.

Do you know what you're choosing for Corrin's boon & bane?

Yep!

2teseLH.jpg?2

And this should give you an idea of the high quality images to expect, since the 3DS apparently doesn't like making screenshots possible.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

And this should give you an idea of the high quality images to expect, since the 3DS apparently doesn't like making screenshots possible.

Yeah, I saw they killed the Miiverse a while back...I never did bother going to figure out why.

Oh, dragon talent. That's definitely a Leo vote for me. I hope Odin lives.

Edit: I've always wanted to try a playthrough with a 1-purchased-skill limit.

Edited by LordFrigid

Okay, now for the first chapter of Nohr: Chapter 6!

I start with these two units.  Sadly, I already lost Gunter before my run even started when he got hit right in the plot.

mbVHCyi.jpg?2hNadDQF.jpg?2

Note that I forgot to grab my Vulnerary back from Kaze in the last chapter, but oh well.

Our grand adventure starts with my supposed birth family who just kidnapped me trying to spread vile rumors about my father.  All my siblings are here though, so it's the family I've known my whole life versus the one I spent a weekend with back when I was five years old.  I think the choice is easy.

We start with big bro and big sis teaming up on the north flank.

9kQfp9G.jpg?1

The rest of the team: Rezzi, Jakob, Leo, and Elise go south.

Takumi cannot understand why I would side against him, even though we've had those five quality minutes together where he was so welcoming to me.

aCBD4KK.jpg?1

And we get a nice level out of him.

DIG1Eft.jpg?1

I don't know where they keep getting this "betraying" idea.  You guys kidnapped me!

WPKMtdL.jpg?1

Xander practices the better part of valor and decides to ignore Ryoma and go after his little sister.  He's smug, because he knows the Siegfried is super effective against 12 year olds.

x9BnT0B.jpg?1

After Sakura is defeated, Leo moves north to finish off Yukimura

eqWT9LO.jpg?1

With that, Chapter 6 is complete.

Deaths: None

New(ish) Party Members: Rezzi, Jakob

Now we move onto the story proper!  I'll bet Daddy Garon will be happy to see me back and happy that my gunblade didn't hurt me.

Think of it from Takumi's PoV.  You're roughly his age, and his siblings consist of a super-serious brother, a tomboy who'd rather train, and a super-shy kid.  He finally had someone who might have paid attention to him, but NOPE, you went back to Nohr.  He totally has a right to be mad! :P:

(good luck with this LP, but why Lunatic?)

Ooo, neat! I'll do my best to keep up with this, this seems fun~ I've barely beaten Conquest on Normal myself, so I'm also excited to see just how poor my skill really is in comparison.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Think of it from Takumi's PoV.  You're roughly his age, and his siblings consist of a super-serious brother, a tomboy who'd rather train, and a super-shy kid.  He finally had someone who might have paid attention to him, but NOPE, you went back to Nohr.  He totally has a right to be mad! :P:

(good luck with this LP, but why Lunatic?)

Oh, I know, I just like to tease.  Any story references in this LP will likely be jokes.

I wanted to try a challenge.  I've beaten Rev on Lunatic, so it seemed wrong to move down after that.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ooo, neat! I'll do my best to keep up with this, this seems fun~ I've barely beaten Conquest on Normal myself, so I'm also excited to see just how poor my skill really is in comparison.

I hope I'm able to keep a decent pace!

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I wanted to try a challenge.  I've beaten Rev on Lunatic, so it seemed wrong to move down after that.

Ironman IS a challenge!  Though the captured units make great meatshields. :P:

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope I'm able to keep a decent pace!

And I hope in turn that I can keep up and not be super inactive on here as much as I have been!

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Looking forward to this! I voted Laslow, cause he's handsome :P

Good to see someone else around here chose the right person for the right reasons~

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Good to see someone else around here chose the right person for the right reasons~

I can see you and I will get along.

I wonder how come you picked the boon and bane you did... I would say that a defense bane is just asking for trouble.

We now enter Chapter 7.

I filled up my inventory a bit, and Rezzi got a set of Boots and a Dragon Herb

6iZFMYH.jpg?1q9Q8hV8.jpg?1

38 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I wonder how come you picked the boon and bane you did... I would say that a defense bane is just asking for trouble.

Sadly, I have to have a flaw somewhere.  After this chapter, I gave Rezzi a Draco Shield to help a bit.

We join good old dad, and he assures us he had nothing to do with the explosion that killed our mom.

2AG9zZu.jpg

Daddy Garon then assures us that we are still a member of the family.

eRYw8cZ.jpg?1

He even has a plan for us.  How can you say no to a smile like that?

fjVcdg0.jpg?2

I added my castle address to the top post, if anyone wants to visit and kill everyone in my castle, my address is 05107-66614-62592-54117.

What antics does Garon have in store for us next?

So, this chapter was pretty straight forward, just lots and lots of Faceless, but we don't want to make any careless mistakes.

One battle of many

o5qo42z.jpg?1

We get a nice level-up out of it, though.

iZJ7a05.jpg?1xkgsQXR.jpg?1

For this chapter, we mostly stay in the middle and let everyone come to us.  Then a new enemy approaches, one with a cowlick.

5GttEoX.jpg?1

He claims to be an old friend of mine, but I don't remember him at all, just like that Hoshidan family that claimed I was their sibling.  I'll keep him around for now, but he may just be trying to lower my defenses.  Elise also joins us immediately after, which brings us to two healers, and we'll need both of them.  Hopefully, we can keep them safe.

Elise is accompanies by her retainers, and I must have brain damage, because you think I'd remember the guards that accompany my sister everywhere.

t9Z5iQK.jpg?2BcjbeAw.jpg?1

With our new crew, we bunch up in the middle a bit, picking off Faceless as they meander forth, trying to take advantage of terrain.  Jakob manages to steal a kill and level up.

TU8VsSF.jpg?2kYEbo7T.jpg

We start getting a few more Faceless crashing our party then comfortable, and Arthur is having trouble hitting anything.  Silas equips his Lance to try to get some weapon rank for Javelins and such.  He is rewarded for showing up Arthur with decent level-up.

JlxAxve.jpgkLagwqL.jpg

We make it by the skin of our teeth and a lucky miss ensures we remain deathless for now.

1P8B85t.jpg?1

Jakob spams healing to level up again, which gets him Live to Serve, which will come in handy.  Arthur and Effie also level up with disappointing results, but Arthur got Strength and Speed, and Effie got Strength, so it's not a complete loss.

IQwxEgZ.jpgDR9btyb.jpgNz01ijH.jpg

We reach the "boss" of this Faceless Posse, a bit beaten up, but alive.  Rezzi had switched to the Dragonstone to get a bit extra Def.

G1Qthi3.jpg?1UiifPM3.jpg?1

No truer words were ever spoken, Mr Faceless.  Thank you for your level-up.

aAQVUlc.jpg

Chapter 7 Complete

New Allies: Silas, Elise, Arthur, Effie

Arthur's low Luck is going to be troublesome; he's getting a Goddess Icon as soon as we get back to our pocket plane.

True to my word, Rezzi gets a Draco Shield, and Arthur gets a Goddess Icon.  The new recruits also get some additional weapons from the convoy.

We now head over to Paralog 1, AKA the Mozu Training Grounds.

We will basically be moving around the map in a clockwise direction.  Sometimes, I split the group and head west with a couple, but I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.  Much like the last chapter, this is a Faceless Playground without too much going on.

3pZxDku.jpg?1KirCnhk.jpg

We can always count on Arthur to take damage to spam healing for XP.  A mediocre level-up for Elise, but at least she got Magic.  Effie also got another so-so level up, which included Strength again.

qR3iwJ2.jpgghHaI1C.jpg

We eventually make it down and conscript a poor little girl into our army.  Arthur pairs up with her to give her enough Strength to put a dent into the Faceless.

6OPnF8T.jpg?1

From here on out, it's pretty much just grinding on Faceless.  Okay level-ups for Silas and Jakob.

DSlQkum.jpgC1mAcTZ.jpg

Elise gets an okay level-up and Mozu levels twice.  The first nearly perfect, followed by an two okay ones.

QU9WK4J.jpgRZ7BhTJ.jpgeQR0Ept.jpgtVvMDVm.jpg

Just a leisurely stroll around the garden with our Faceless friends.  I don't want to jinx it, but Mozu has not yet missed an attack, with her hit rate generally floating around 80%.  After Arthur's Miss Fest last chapter, but luck has reversed itself.

c31X7zv.jpgrPjhP1P.jpg

Jakob manages to get some healing and chip XP to level again.  He got most of his vital stats this time!  Mozu also got one last level-up.  I notice that even with an effective 60% Strength growth, Mozu has only leveled Strength once.  I hope my -Atk curse doesn't carry over from Heroes.

HeJhwuc.jpg7sl55mh.jpg

Even with Support buffs, she wasn't strong enough to go up against the boss, so I chipped him down with ranged attacks before sending Silas in to finish the job.  Faceless are always so eloquent.  Silas has another iffy level-up which at least had Strength.

o14FypH.jpg5rH8p3D.jpg

Paralog 1 Complete!

New Units: Mozu

After that uneventful paralog which hopefully wasn't too boring to read, we returned to our magic space castle.  I spent 2K gold to buy Mozu a Heart Seal to make her an Archer.  Surprisingly, it doesn't look like we got a freebie one from our Rewards page.  I'm contemplating giving her an Energy Drop, but I'll hold off for now.  The only E rank bow I have is the Raider Bow, so she gets that for now.

So far, no skills have been bought.  It is a mixture of me having no money and being indecisive on which ones to pick.

Any feedback on this LP is appreciated, and I'll try to respond and not take too awful long between updates.  It looks like Xander has the lead on the hubby poll, but it's still anoyone's game.  I'll keep the poll open until I get a bit further in the game, so feel free to keep voting if more people pop in for the LP.

Edited by Rezzy

Now we get back to the actual plot.

As Elise sums it up

NzjU6G9.jpg

Like careless D&D players, the game punishes us for discussing our plan in front of the NPCs.

Before the battle, I made a few changes.  Mozu got an Energy Drop and gets to hold onto the Visitation Seal.  Rezzy gets the Ebon Wing to class change into Dark Flier, since having a Flier is nice for the early chapters.

NrlDXd2.jpgZPi1GPL.jpg?1

Sadly, we cannot take all our party members along.  Since the are timed objectives in this map, I let Effie sit this one out, since 4 movement hurts.

AX342cA.jpg?1

Our first order of business is to get as many villages as we can before the soldiers alert the populace that the fuzz is here.  The first village is a freebie, but we'll have to work for the rest.  First I pair Elise up with Rezzi to Freeze the Lancer literally right next to the village north of us.  Elise gets enough XP from the staff to level, and with that, we get two villages in the first couple turns.  Have been getting mostly middling level-ups, but she'll need that Skill once she gets Tome access.

om95M9p.jpg?1egmuqGN.jpg

Nohrian Scum in my village?  It's more likely than you think.

We now get two lovely gentlemen to join us who speak a bit too long for someone in a combat situation.  I mostly had these two form a tag team with Niles baiting the mages and Odin being his sidekick.  My past Niles have gotten pretty RNG screwed, so I'm hoping he has more luck this time, since I'd like to be able to capture.  Odin can be a bit crummy, but hopefully he'll turn out better for me this time, too.

m0ANLQu.jpgRHhLLyR.jpg

For the next phase of the battle, I had Rezzi, Elise, and Silas head towards the northern village and the rest of the party head west.  The northern party gets their village pretty easily, but the west wing isn't quite fast enough.  Since we technically only need three villages for the max gold reward, I decide to withdraw a bit so I don't get swarmed.

gVOR6rn.jpg?1g9hzBo4.jpg?1WoSMMJC.jpg?15YbJOuy.jpg?1

The plan goes okay at first, and I get a few level-ups.  Odin's in particular is pretty nice.

32HhPS6.jpg?1f3sAn9m.jpg?1M5Pj8s5.jpg?1

I miscalculate and wind up in Flora's Freeze range.  I'm unable to withdraw and even trying to form a defensive wall does not keep multiple enemies from piling onto Silas.  With a little luck, he might have survived, but RNG giveth and RNG taketh away, and every single attack hits him.  Poor Silas is the first victim of our Ironman run.

3QB5P4a.jpg?1

Sorry @mcsilas IS won't let Silas into Heroes and they don't want him in this Ironman, either.  Jakob levels up from mopping up the remaining enemies, but it's small consolation from losing his comrade.  They were already C Support buds, but it's not to be.

tEVhMli.jpg?1

The exciting conclusion shall be in the next post.

I always like those picture playthrough, almost as we are seeing the game through your eyes.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I always like those picture playthrough, almost as we are seeing the game through your eyes.

Yeah, low quality phone pics is all I can really do, since 3DS can't do screenshots.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, low quality phone pics is all I can really do, since 3DS can't do screenshots.

To be honest they aren't THAT bad, we can the important parts clearly.

@Rezzy Awww poor Silas. Well I guess it makes it easier for me to vote for your marriage option then, hopefully Odin can survive :D

Also it's refershing to see Conquest again, I haven't touched the game in a long time. Wish you luck!