Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

12 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I mean you heard my voice, and you'd be the first person to say I sound like a girl.

Also, what happened to everyone on the internet being male until proven otherwise? Can we please go back to those good old days?

you could've been uh
pretending 
to sound male

i'm not going to fall for your tricks, young lady

Woo! Great job Rezzy. I actually despise this chapter haha. You did well for keeping everyone alive.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Rezzy said:

FSH8gNK.jpg

Apparently Rinkah didn't get the memo that this wasn't a Casual run.

Neither did the writers.

20 hours ago, Rezzy said:

SK7JR1b.jpg

Looks like all that hard work for Odin is paying off.  His relatively low speed isn't a total loss, as Nosferatu can't double anyway, so he just has to avoid getting doubled.

Odin being good for once is nice to see.

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Next is Azama, and since he's unarmed, we could just leave him, but since no one is actually dying in here, I don't see any problem with roughing him up a bit.

Well, considering Hexing Rod is a war crime, I'm highly disappointed he can't be killed.

Then again Corrin is all about that mercy.

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Back in the post-chapter story, Azura's plan to prolong to war continues with allowing the entire Hoshidan army to escape rather than taking any prisoners.  Remember later on, we could have ended this war twice over already.  If we're going to all the trouble of taking them alive, why aren't we taking them alive.  We don't even get any promises that Hoshido will leave our territory or anything.  Our victories don't mean anything, if we're not gaining any actual advantage from our efforts.  But ended the war is not what Azura wants.  Nohr failed to keep her safe when she was a child, so now it must pay by having a ravaging army torment the countryside.

You know, this is why that one theory about Azura working for Anankos would have worked with this. But no, she's mostly petty in this route, barely bothering to confront the biggest bad or even Garon in any way.

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Ecsbu8K.jpg

I think he's already a few marbles short of Mousetrap Board. 

That's why he set up this boring chapter: He's mad this whole time!

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Ryoma, you can threaten me with bodily harm and death to win me over all you want, it's just not the same as when Daddy Garon does it.

I mean, one's a monstrous warrior and the other's Garon. Of course it's not the same.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I also want to know why the Hoshidans have full control of the entire country.  Is there anywhere in Nohr we haven't been running into them?  I thought Nohr was supposed to be the big evil aggressive empire, but it looks like they've been getting curb stomped by Hoshido, apart from us.

It truly boggles the mind.

It's certainly not that easy in Birthright, so it just seems like somebody didn't think about the issue with Hoshido not being the warmongers but having an easy time invading (It's the Master Ninjas I swear.). Hell, they're in Hoshido for less time than Hoshido are in Nohr in Birthright.

Also, good job keeping these two chapters death free.

8 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I want to hear Bart's voice now!

Great Job Rezzy, no deaths this chapter!

Thanks!  Those Hexing poisons were scary.  I wish it wore off like the other debuffs.

6 hours ago, Black Zero said:

I just caught up and I think this is super dope! Nice job on chapter 10 especially, I was scared for what would happen but it went well all things considered. Your comments make me crack up a lot! Gonna follow this! :)

Thanks, it's more fun when I can share my run with everybody.

6 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

I'm glad to see Arthur and Odin are doing well.

REZZI BETTER MARRY ODIN

I shall respect the wishes of the senate.  You can always rally the followers of Odin, of course.

3 hours ago, Natalie said:

Woo! Great job Rezzy. I actually despise this chapter haha. You did well for keeping everyone alive.

I like this chapter actually, it just worried me for an Ironman run.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Neither did the writers.

Odin being good for once is nice to see.

Well, considering Hexing Rod is a war crime, I'm highly disappointed he can't be killed.

Then again Corrin is all about that mercy.

You know, this is why that one theory about Azura working for Anankos would have worked with this. But no, she's mostly petty in this route, barely bothering to confront the biggest bad or even Garon in any way.

That's why he set up this boring chapter: He's mad this whole time!

I mean, one's a monstrous warrior and the other's Garon. Of course it's not the same.

It truly boggles the mind.

It's certainly not that easy in Birthright, so it just seems like somebody didn't think about the issue with Hoshido not being the warmongers but having an easy time invading (It's the Master Ninjas I swear.). Hell, they're in Hoshido for less time than Hoshido are in Nohr in Birthright.

Also, good job keeping these two chapters death free.

Odin is turning out quite nicely.  He carried chapter 11 and would have been great in chapter 12, if we wasn't silenced for half the map.  I find it funny that Odin is the first one they go for to try to silence.

I hate the Hexing Rod, it doesn't wear off, and I don't have a Restore Staff or any means of getting rid of it.

Azura is truly the mastermind behind this story.

I think Nohr is actually the weaker nation from what we see in all routes of Fates.

Thanks!  We'll see how Lucky Chapter 13 goes!

I appreciate the comments everyone!

2 hours ago, Nym said:

You welcome for the chef hat :D:

Thanks, I think I'll give it to Jakob, so I don't risk poisoning my army as much.

57 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Why must you betray me like this :'(

Speaking of Odin and Laslow, if anyone has a North American Castle with good skills for Odin and/or Laslow, I could visit as neither of them have their one inherited skill yet.  I could skills for others in my army as well, but those two are the ones that get priority.  I'd need a clear path to the throne, though, since my team is still pretty low level.

I was a little worried when I saw that opening screenshot for Ch 12, good to see it worked out!

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Speaking of Odin and Laslow, if anyone has a North American Castle with good skills for Odin and/or Laslow, I could visit as neither of them have their one inherited skill yet.  I could skills for others in my army as well, but those two are the ones that get priority.  I'd need a clear path to the throne, though, since my team is still pretty low level.

What do you want? I could give either of them a good chunk of legal skills pretty easily, as long as it’s not something they can only get from a specific talent avatar.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I was a little worried when I saw that opening screenshot for Ch 12, good to see it worked out!

What do you want? I could give either of them a good chunk of legal skills pretty easily, as long as it’s not something they can only get from a specific talent avatar.

Hmm, if you want to give them a good assortment of skills they don't have in their base classes, I could pick which one looks best.  Also, I'm not using Replicate or Warp (which I think is female exclusive anyway) because I'm a masochist trying to stay away from too OP skills.

What's your castle address?

Before we start Chapter 13, we visit the prison, where someone thought it would be a good idea for Peri to guard the prisoners.  I don't want to know what she did, but she persuades him to join us.

epk897H.jpgSTHYv1S.jpg

Laslow sees the poll, and knows he's been popular.

8ayYKpu.jpg?1ujNVq1J.jpg?1

He knows full well, this is an Ironman run, though.  Laslow gets a Dragon Herb as a present from one of his admirers.

oQD9GXm.jpg

Oh, and a bit of advice Laslow, Rezzi doesn't like tea.  Maybe some nice juice or milk.  Or if you could grab a Coke from one of those Realm Gate thingies, she'd really like it.

Camilla has one of her supports that shows why I kinda like her, i.e. one not about Corrin.  When she's just motherly and not obsessive, I really like her.

5HcaCvP.jpg?1

We decide to take a trip to the smithy to get some weapons upgraded.

1vwVwj3.jpg2EiT3L5.jpg

A brief look at Odin shows that he has maxed out his Luck stat.  How appropriate.  Maybe he'll pick up a nice skill to celebrate.

qhCI8Et.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hmm, if you want to give them a good assortment of skills they don't have in their base classes, I could pick which one looks best.  Also, I'm not using Replicate or Warp (which I think is female exclusive anyway) because I'm a masochist trying to stay away from too OP skills.

What's your castle address?

There’s a Warp scroll if you wait out the DLC map long enough, but I don’t think DLC skills are buyable.

It looks like I only have some Odin things available immediately. I put him up, alongside some other folk. 01682-08530-92196-33393. I think I’ll have to put something together for Laslow (I have a Rev. support file that I branch off into an unused save for getting skills)...maybe a couple Rallies.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

There’s a Warp scroll if you wait out the DLC map long enough, but I don’t think DLC skills are buyable.

It looks like I only have some Odin things available immediately. I put him up, alongside some other folk. 01682-08530-92196-33393. I think I’ll have to put something together for Laslow (I have a Rev. support file that I branch off into an unused save for getting skills)...maybe a couple Rallies.

Thanks, I'll come on over and take a look.

Rezzi reports back to Daddy Garon, eager to get her next mission.

HCfImOY.jpg

Iago reaches a new level of pettiness.  He will purposely leak information to the enemy, because making Rezzi miserable is a higher priority than actually winning the war.

qxKTuPU.jpg

That's probably why Hoshido can go pretty much anywhere they want unmolested.

Daddy Garon heaps some praise upon Rezzi.

yLoc3P0.jpgeGXA8bx.jpg

Nohr has its thirty-seventh rebellion of the week, so Rezzi is sent to go deal with it.  Between the rebellions and Hoshido, I'm not sure how Nohr is still a country.

wFGl5E8.jpg

Rezzi lets Daddy Garon know we rescued his long lost daughter from the vile Hoshidans.

T5T53SI.jpg

Daddy Garon graciously allows Azura to go with us for some sister-bonding time, then he notices Kaze in our retinue of men at arms.

Garon: Isn't that the ninja I sentenced to death a few weeks ago?

Rezzi: No, this is his twin brother Saizo!

Garon: What?  What kind of silly story is that?

Rezzi: Ask some of the prisoners he was with, surely Kaze mentioned a twin brother.

(5 minutes later)

Iago: Sadly she speaks the truth my lord.  It appears Kaze had a twin brother.

Garon: Very well, we can kill him later.

Rezzi then visits the barracks and runs into an old friend.

WlKEdT9.jpgyPCLfLb.jpg

Hans doesn't understand why attempted murder would cause a rift between them, since aggravated assault is the Nohrian handshake.

We mosey on over the Cheve, where we meat Takumi again, who doesn't seem at all grateful for being let go earlier.

15L4znH.jpg

He fires a couple nerf arrows at us, which strike Rezzi and Elise in the abdomen, but thankfully bounce off.

gAeizfq.jpg2PPM9OQ.jpg

Maybe it would have been better to ask that before we just let him go in Chapter 10. 

AJoLutf.jpg

The Kenny of Fates joins Takumi before everyone rolls initiative for this encounter.

We now have more units than deployment slots, because I guess the rest are busy running the Lottery Shop in our Pocket Plane Castle.

HWMPTbm.jpg

In addition to Rezzi, we can bring 9 companions.

The Fellowship of the Chapter 13 shall consist of...

Odin and Laslow due to their rank in the groom poll

Elise and Jakob because healer

Azura because dancer

That leaves four more open slots.  We have no Hobbits, so I take Camilla, Beruka, Niles, and Arthur to round out the party.  I would really like to bring Effie, too, but she's been getting no XP since early promoting, and she should still be good later on, when we have more slots.  Kaze and Selena are good, but don't quite make the cut.  Peri, I will use if I have nobody else available.

Damn it pls don't kill scarlet if you don't have to 

although you probably will have to 

her skill is deadly If her hp is low and I think she even has a killer axe 

also scrrw it in changing my vote to Odin 

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Camilla has one of her supports that shows why I kinda like her, i.e. one not about Corrin.  When she's just motherly and not obsessive, I really like her.

5HcaCvP.jpg?1

I remember actually liking Camilla decently as well from some of her other Supports; I think Keaton was who I paired her with in my first playthrough, and I liked it more than I was expecting, heh. I just wish the whole Corrin thing was toned down a bit, especially during the story... although I could probably say the same for Hinoka as well.

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

...I'd do the same for Laslow... if I wasn't already voting for him... hrmm... truly a dilemma...

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I think Shura is the only one you get the option of sparing or recruiting.

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I remember actually liking Camilla decently as well from some of her other Supports; I think Keaton was who I paired her with in my first playthrough, and I liked it more than I was expecting, heh. I just wish the whole Corrin thing was toned down a bit, especially during the story... although I could probably say the same for Hinoka as well.

...I'd do the same for Laslow... if I wasn't already voting for him... hrmm... truly a dilemma...

It looks like they're now tied at 8.  It's really neck and neck.

3 minutes ago, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

Don't forget about Haitaka. He's pretty good; at least he has Rally Def.

He serves as a good back-up.  With his decent stats, Rally Def, and B rank in Lances, he can step in should worse come to worst.  Too bad he's not an eligible bachelor, or he might get more playtime.

Much thanks to @LordFrigid for his wonderful Odin Skills.  To refresh everyone's memory, one of the rules of this LP is that only one purchased skill per unit is allowed.  I thought about doing no purchased skills, but gold is finite, so one seems like a fair limitation.  And it must be a "legal" skill, e.g. no Aptitude on Gen 1 units.

0UPjOVA.jpg

I decided to go for Tomefaire for Odin.  It's a flat +5 to all his damage, since I plan to make him a Sorcerer once he's ready to promote.  Movement +1 is tempting, but I think the +5 damage wins out.  Life and Death is good, but I think that +10 damage taken is tempting fate a bit too much.  Shurikenbreaker is a solid skill, if a bit situational.

So far, our purchased skills for the team are

Rezzi: Trample
Azura: Movement +1
Odin: Tomefaire

All other units have not yet gotten their purchased skill as of this post.

Replicate is disallowed for this run, as well.  DLC classes and skills are limited to the freebies and path bonuses.  No grinding for them is allowed.

5 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Technically speaking, I seem to recall Hans & his buddies are responsible for that war crime. All the more reason to kill him later.

Backing this changing vote to Odin if allowed. Sorry Benny.

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Question: Are you planning to get Midori for free income?

It will depend on if I can build up Kaze.  We'll see if there's enough room on the team for him.

3 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

Technically speaking, I seem to recall Hans & his buddies are responsible for that war crime. All the more reason to kill him later.

Backing this changing vote to Odin if allowed. Sorry Benny.

It's okay for people to change their votes.  You can also vote for more than one, if you wish.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It will depend on if I can build up Kaze.  We'll see if there's enough room on the team for him.

It's okay for people to change their votes.  You can also vote for more than one, if you wish.

Still wondering what would have happened in the near impossible scenario everyone voted for Shura as the husband while voting for him not to be recruited in favor of the boots.
Would it come down to "Rezzy's choice" or "vote 1 over-rules vote 2"?
*sigh*
Guess we'll never know.

Edited by Mad-manakete

3 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

Still wondering what would have happened in the near impossible scenario everyone voted for Shura as the husband while voting for him not to be recruited in favor of the boots.
Would it come down to "Rezzi's choice" or "vote 1 over-rules vote 2"?
*sigh*
Guess we'll never know.

I guess Rezzi would marry his shoes.

In the event of a tie and both are still alive, it would be determined by a die roll.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I decided to go for Tomefaire for Odin.  It's a flat +5 to all his damage, since I plan to make him a Sorcerer once he's ready to promote.  Movement +1 is tempting, but I think the +5 damage wins out.  Life and Death is good, but I think that +10 damage taken is tempting fate a bit too much.  Shurikenbreaker is a solid skill, if a bit situational.

Good call, for where you are in your playthrough, imo. Life and Death is really for one specific set that might be risky on Iron Man. Shurikenbreaker would have had some good value if taken in Ch 10 (lets him walk down the LHS with Nosferatu and beat up Takumi for that Elixir...which I may or may not have just done a few hours ago), and laugh at Ch 11’s Ninja room. I agree that +5 dmg > 1 mov, that one was more of a safety pick, just in case you’re into stuff like that.

Let me know if you decide on something specific for Laslow. Otherwise, I’ll probably just throw some set together tomorrow afternoon.

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Garon: Isn't that the ninja I sentenced to death a few weeks ago?

Rezzi: No, this is his twin brother Saizo!

Garon: What?  What kind of silly story is that?

Rezzi: Ask some of the prisoners he was with, surely Kaze mentioned a twin brother.

(5 minutes later)

Iago: Sadly she speaks the truth my lord.  It appears Kaze had a twin brother.

Well, the rules are the rules. Trying to execute someone for what their brother did, have you no shame? (No, no you don't)

It's also funny that they're quite unalike twins as well, if only they could have a database of enemies they had captured. Maybe Iago needs to get criminal justice on Garon's agenda.

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

In addition to Rezzi, we can bring 9 companions.

The Fellowship of the Chapter 13 shall consist of...

Odin and Laslow due to their rank in the groom poll

Elise and Jakob because healer

Azura because dancer

That leaves four more open slots.  We have no Hobbits, so I take Camilla, Beruka, Niles, and Arthur to round out the party.  I would really like to bring Effie, too, but she's been getting no XP since early promoting, and she should still be good later on, when we have more slots.  Kaze and Selena are good, but don't quite make the cut.  Peri, I will use if I have nobody else available.

Is Rezzi The One Ring in this metaphor?

Edited by Dayni