Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

4 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Wait... If Beruka is everyone's mother and Elise gave birth...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What if Beruka's a surrogate mother? Actually, I want to go with that. Elise having a kid is less creepy if it's by IVF and surrogate.

Also does this make Jakob another dancing duelist? Is he going to have to duel Laslow for the title?

I figure Beruka's axes everywhere are because it's hard to clean up after dying. Either that or her family are having a hard time getting through her personal effects between battles. I know my own grandparents' effects are still being sorted over half a decade later.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I think it was burnt or ruined or whatever, since it just cancelled out the bonus I would have gotten and resulted in a net zero bonus.

Mess Hall has the best writing in Fates, tbh.

Image result for fire emblem mess hall

16 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

What if Beruka's a surrogate mother? Actually, I want to go with that. Elise having a kid is less creepy if it's by IVF and surrogate.

Also does this make Jakob another dancing duelist? Is he going to have to duel Laslow for the title?

I figure Beruka's axes everywhere are because it's hard to clean up after dying. Either that or her family are having a hard time getting through her personal effects between battles. I know my own grandparents' effects are still being sorted over half a decade later.

Wouldn't being a surrogate be worse, since they would have actually planned and prepared for the 12 year old to become a mother?

If only Jakob could be a Rally Bot.  I'm not a fan of the personal skills that only work when paired with Corrin.

5 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Mess Hall has the best writing in Fates, tbh.

Image result for fire emblem mess hall

To be fair, that's not that high a hurdle to surpass.

Maybe we can bury it right next to Mozu.

Azura's tangled web begins to entrap her as we're ambushed by sparkle pirates.

nHc9XO4.jpg

By Singing Xander over, Azura gets the first level up of the map.

vjhXP6P.jpgmwC5PL3.jpg

Xander gets the honor of tanking the glitter barbarians.

bbyEX6W.jpgJSGfFDA.jpg

Hey, Xander gets a level-up from that!  The level is decent, and we get Luna, which was our main reason for switching over.

qBvKE9I.jpg0HZNp7s.jpg

Whoever is steering these ships must be drunk, since they keep swerving back and forth against us.

ii8zeYl.jpgXwloKwn.jpgdPwPDb4.jpg9EtOxhr.jpg

Ophelia will get the benefit of Rally to tank the shimmer mages of the port side ship.

Now that Xander has gotten Luna, it's time to switch back to Paladin.  Watch me foolishly spend all the gold I extracted from Percy's friends last chapter.  Remind me why there are no Sword fliers in Fates?

Pm1q3cB.jpgG4x4aGn.jpgAOyE3WZ.jpgYMYTwqu.jpg

I probably could have been a tad more aggressive in pulling the shiny mages, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.  Hopefully we can take all these guys out this round.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wouldn't being a surrogate be worse, since they would have actually planned and prepared for the 12 year old to become a mother?

If only Jakob could be a Rally Bot.  I'm not a fan of the personal skills that only work when paired with Corrin.

To be fair, that's not that high a hurdle to surpass.

Maybe we can bury it right next to Mozu.

Azura's tangled web begins to entrap her as we're ambushed by sparkle pirates.

nHc9XO4.jpg

By Singing Xander over, Azura gets the first level up of the map.

vjhXP6P.jpgmwC5PL3.jpg

Xander gets the honor of tanking the glitter barbarians.

bbyEX6W.jpgJSGfFDA.jpg

Hey, Xander gets a level-up from that!  The level is decent, and we get Luna, which was our main reason for switching over.

qBvKE9I.jpg0HZNp7s.jpg

Whoever is steering these ships must be drunk, since they keep swerving back and forth against us.

ii8zeYl.jpgXwloKwn.jpgdPwPDb4.jpg9EtOxhr.jpg

Ophelia will get the benefit of Rally to tank the shimmer mages of the port side ship.

Now that Xander has gotten Luna, it's time to switch back to Paladin.  Watch me foolishly spend all the gold I extracted from Percy's friends last chapter.  Remind me why there are no Sword fliers in Fates?

Pm1q3cB.jpgG4x4aGn.jpgAOyE3WZ.jpgYMYTwqu.jpg

I probably could have been a tad more aggressive in pulling the shiny mages, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.  Hopefully we can take all these guys out this round.

It's no fair your Xander already has the same speed as mine and I'm level 14 

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

It's no fair your Xander already has the same speed as mine and I'm level 14 

Does your Beruka have more Strength than mine?

Time for our cute widdle dwagon to rain down death from a far.

kgZl96M.jpg

The rest of everybody needs to take out those mages.

2mFGBce.jpgipzFblU.jpg

Picking up Luna is already paying dividends.

Zmgh99g.jpg

It's funny how much difference a couple points of Magic can make.

No7nIvT.jpg

I know Laslow could have theoretically died here, but that would require Laslow to not crit, Ophelia to miss, and both of the enemies to hit, for a 0.896 percent chance of death.  Or if we're using Metric units, a Beruka.  Luckily we live, because stuff like that never happens.  Ophelia actually levels up for helping Uncle Laslow.

INOJGwS.jpg

Good thing I have so many high Res units.

pu9fogw.jpgZpP8UCL.jpg

It's funny that the 10 year old boy is the tankiest unit in my army.

Mv1MDu0.jpgLiAWRly.jpg

It's funny that this guy is just stuck here.  It's like these Vallites don't really have any coherent plan to board us, other than drunkenly smashing against our ship.

I don't like all these archers, so let's just throw Xander at them.

jFnl8s9.jpg1f5L083.jpg

It's funny that Xander seems to have procced Luna in every combat since he got it.

Fkj9z81.jpgnUsT6pS.jpgmsppq98.jpgKvGxJIB.jpg8vtUyFP.jpgk8m4KKe.jpg

The rule of crits also applies to activation skills: they always proc when unnecessary.  Now for our Plan A: which is lure in the enemies with Kana.

ffzEoo0.jpg?1QNQGe6t.jpg4Xh0TZb.jpg

And now Xander and Rezzi are just sort of stuck on the southern boat.  Guess we'll just wait for the drunk helmsman to veer starboard again.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does your Beruka have more Strength than mine?

Time for our cute widdle dwagon to rain down death from a far.

kgZl96M.jpg

The rest of everybody needs to take out those mages.

2mFGBce.jpgipzFblU.jpg

Picking up Luna is already paying dividends.

Zmgh99g.jpg

It's funny how much difference a couple points of Magic can make.

No7nIvT.jpg

I know Laslow could have theoretically died here, but that would require Laslow to not crit, Ophelia to miss, and both of the enemies to hit, for a 0.896 percent chance of death.  Or if we're using Metric units, a Beruka.  Luckily we live, because stuff like that never happens.  Ophelia actually levels up for helping Uncle Laslow.

INOJGwS.jpg

Good thing I have so many high Res units.

pu9fogw.jpgZpP8UCL.jpg

It's funny that the 10 year old boy is the tankiest unit in my army.

Mv1MDu0.jpgLiAWRly.jpg

It's funny that this guy is just stuck here.  It's like these Vallites don't really have any coherent plan to board us, other than drunkenly smashing against our ship.

I don't like all these archers, so let's just throw Xander at them.

jFnl8s9.jpg1f5L083.jpg

It's funny that Xander seems to have procced Luna in every combat since he got it.

Fkj9z81.jpgnUsT6pS.jpgmsppq98.jpgKvGxJIB.jpg8vtUyFP.jpgk8m4KKe.jpg

The rule of crits also applies to activation skills: they always proc when unnecessary.  Now for our Plan A: which is lure in the enemies with Kana.

ffzEoo0.jpg?1QNQGe6t.jpg4Xh0TZb.jpg

And now Xander and Rezzi are just sort of stuck on the southern boat.  Guess we'll just wait for the drunk helmsman to veer starboard again.

No cusse I benched her 

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

No cusse I benched her 

Who are you using? And how far are you?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Who are you using? And how far are you?

About to start chapter 26

i admit I boo camped a unit or two, have mercy on me

+speed -luck Corrin

silas 

jakob

felicia

xander

elise

leo

effie (the MVP)

Selena

Laslow

Odin

charlotte

niles

mozu

nyz

and azura for the last few maps because of increased deployment slot s

Time to work on the northern boat, we'll be careful not to kill the boss, since that will end the chapter.

XgWg97G.jpg5eBy9iD.jpgFJptlEh.jpg

Nice level-up for Laslow.

omGkSZ5.jpgNTTeydu.jpggC7Aks9.jpglP8DJ84.jpg

Okay, but not great level-up for Arthur.

bkixrXG.jpgsBGVmFu.jpg

Oh, I didn't realize that there were reinforcements in this chapter.  I usually split my force and go towards both ships at the same time.  Well, I guess it's good that Xander and Rezzi are still down here.

About to start chapter 26

i admit I boo camped a unit or two, have mercy on me

+speed -luck Corrin

silas 

jakob

felicia

xander

elise

leo

effie (the MVP)

Selena

Laslow

Odin

charlotte

niles

mozu

nyz

and azura for the last few maps because of increased deployment slot s

And what classes are they?

22 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Everyone is in their base class except for mozu is a sniper, Nyx is a witch, and Selena is a DF.

That ain't enough of an answer for me - I meant what classes did you promote to. Other than Corrin.

Also, I just noticed - you're not using Camilla?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'm going to shrink the pictures a bit, so I can fit more on a page, let me know if they're too small.  I usually keep my screen zoomed out a bit, but at 100% they look okay.

0JU7yTw.jpg?1E1tPX72.jpg?1Gz8EN4g.jpg?1

Pretty nice level for Big Bro.

woO1dFa.jpg?1Sx9qwUt.jpg?1GcCtwI9.jpgexNUjeM.jpg

Very nice level for Dwyer.  He hit most of his essential stats.  Apparently the Starboard ship has reinforcements, too.  Well, learn something new everyday, I suppose.

umdPyvD.jpgDoCs8zA.jpgO4ZLX2Y.jpgO4ZLX2Y.jpgxMgiDet.jpg

Soleil gets a level for defeating the "Boss" of this map.  Maybe being led by a nameless generic is the reason they so woefully failed to give us any real challenge.

VjWQjPU.jpg

Hopefully the Port Ship will wander back over, so our Heroes aren't lost at sea.

bhzAimR.jpg

Were Shigure's worst fears that his mother is a psychopathic mastermind?

3ru4Xor.jpg

Azura: They missed a few of the villagers, but I finished off the rest.

IE4sN1O.jpg

Azura: Not anymore anyway, all you have is mother.  Mother is the only one you can trust.

9lK41wD.jpgKw7N9za.jpg

Yeah, it's the only song you know, in fact.

gNDzrCI.jpg

Mother's little boy needs to listen to mother.  You wouldn't cross mother, would you Shigure?

Shigure insists on coming along, although, perhaps, Shigure can prove useful to mother yet.  Mother will let you come with her and her friends, but never ask mother for a favor like this ever again.

clMfi6H.jpg

"Cross me, and I'll murder your new friends, next."

Shigure's Paralogue Complete!

Deaths: None

New Units: Shigure

Edited by Rezzy

43 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That ain't enough of an answer for me - I meant what classes did you promote to. Other than Corrin.

Also, I just noticed - you're not using Camilla?

Nope I am not using Camilla 

Silas- paladin, went into GK and Sky knight for Luna and Darting blow 

Jakob and Felicia have not class changed 

Xander- paladin, went into GK for Luna

elise- strategist, went into Maid for Live to Serve

leo- Dark Knight 

effie- General (bought her MOV+1 and paired with Silas for 7 mov general 

selena- DF

Laslow- hero 

Odin- Sorcerer for Nos tanking 

Charlotte- Berserker 

Niles- adventurer

mozu- sniper

nyx- witch 

azura- base class 

Nope I am not using Camilla 

Silas- paladin, went into GK and Sky knight for Luna and Darting blow 

Jakob and Felicia have not class changed 

Xander- paladin, went into GK for Luna

elise- strategist, went into Maid for Live to Serve

leo- Dark Knight 

effie- General (bought her MOV+1 and paired with Silas for 7 mov general 

selena- DF

Laslow- hero 

Odin- Sorcerer for Nos tanking 

Charlotte- Berserker 

Niles- adventurer

mozu- sniper

nyx- witch 

azura- base class 

Have you gotten any kids?

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's what I would've asked - Silas having Darting Blow definitely tells me he married peeps off.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I know Laslow could have theoretically died here, but that would require Laslow to not crit, Ophelia to miss, and both of the enemies to hit, for a 0.896 percent chance of death.  Or if we're using Metric units, a Beruka. 

Pretty sure that's Nohrian units of measurement.

Like an Azura is used for measurements of liquid density.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

He's clearly so happy to get a proc skill he#s decided he'll use it all the time.

Also, have to admit I'm trying Hard Classic at present, though I haven't committed to ironmanning it. At least not yet, I'm not all that far in and am kicking myself over Effie killing Haitaka, which led to me restarting.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's what I would've asked - Silas having Darting Blow definitely tells me he married peeps off.

No, but he did marry azura 

I wanted to do a vanilla playthrough with just the main cast 

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm pretending that it started off as a request to "teach her how to be a mature lady", Jakob tried to scare her out of such requests by dickishly suggesting she experience childbirth, and then it snowballed from there when she didn't catch the sarcasm. Then Jakob didn't want her telling Garon that he'd backed out.

The personal skills that only work when paired with Corrin have resulted in my consistently marrying my ones off to Felicia to the point it's become a joke that I consider marrying someone else in a separate timeline cheating.

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Soleil gets a level for defeating the "Boss" of this map.  Maybe being led by a nameless generic is the reason they so woefully failed to give us any real challenge.

Speaking of, it's a hoot when the boss is WEAKER than the generics. Like in Kana's paralogue. The generic Swordmaster is a much bigger threat than the boss.

Well, after a busy week, I'm back.  I want to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been taking the time to read and comment.

Also, please let me know if the smaller screenshots are big enough to see clearly.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:03 PM, Dayni said:

Pretty sure that's Nohrian units of measurement.

Like an Azura is used for measurements of liquid density.

He's clearly so happy to get a proc skill he#s decided he'll use it all the time.

Also, have to admit I'm trying Hard Classic at present, though I haven't committed to ironmanning it. At least not yet, I'm not all that far in and am kicking myself over Effie killing Haitaka, which led to me restarting.

Yeah, the difference between having a proc skill and not can really be seen on Lunatic.  It's like having a second shot at a crit chance.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:06 PM, DisobeyedCargo said:

No, but he did marry azura 

I wanted to do a vanilla playthrough with just the main cast 

Ah, I see.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:52 AM, Mad-manakete said:

I'm pretending that it started off as a request to "teach her how to be a mature lady", Jakob tried to scare her out of such requests by dickishly suggesting she experience childbirth, and then it snowballed from there when she didn't catch the sarcasm. Then Jakob didn't want her telling Garon that he'd backed out.

The personal skills that only work when paired with Corrin have resulted in my consistently marrying my ones off to Felicia to the point it's become a joke that I consider marrying someone else in a separate timeline cheating.

How our jokes escalate so quickly.

Sounds like me and marrying Chrom in Awakening.

On 6/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of, it's a hoot when the boss is WEAKER than the generics. Like in Kana's paralogue. The generic Swordmaster is a much bigger threat than the boss.

Yeah, I don't even remember which one was the official boss in that chapter, since it was just a rout map.

For a bit of fun, I decided to give Forrest Salvage Blow.  With a little luck, it should pay for itself with free iron weapons.

roMzAQK.jpg

And since Charlotte is probably going to be Siegbert's mom, I gave her Heartseeker for inheritance.

5e0TEti.jpg

For Shigure, we have to decide between Falcon and Kinshi Knight.  Better stats and Staves seems like the better choice.  And with Leo's Magic growth, he can make good use of the Bolt Naginata.

xIbFEK4.jpg2eWcDgl.jpg

With all these Beruka's Axes we've been finding lying around, we give one of her children the super forged version of it.

BN6yAvK.jpg

We managed to convince the other General to join our group.  His name is Edsel, which, is that the name for a crappy car from the 60s?  Not the least Dubious of names.

Before we pay Fuga a visit, Ophelia has some questions about her body for her father.

pHBbuDx.jpg

Oh, my girl is growing up.  I remember when I first got my mark of divine lineage.

Z5TlgRA.jpg

Well, Rezzi is a manakete.  Since I mated with a human, does this mean I lose my Laguz powers now? @DarkLordIvy

ssNc8uS.jpg

Does the mark always have to appear on the outer skin?  We've seen it in Lucina's eye.  Maybe it formed on Lissa's kidney or something. @Anime27Arts

Next Stop: Fuga's Wind Turbine

Our slow trek towards Hoshido continues.

Nn5qd0Z.jpgaoIAlwk.jpg

I wonder why, maybe it's the wake of death and destruction that follows us wherever we go.

Did we send Elise to be our messenger?  We know how well diplomacy and Elise mixed with the Ice Tribe.  Never forget SIlas and Mozu.

KVJyrTQ.jpg

That's one of the perks of being neutral.  They don't have to let belligerents into their territory.  @Septimius Severus I'm not sure if the Nohrians don't know what neutral means or if it's the writers.

zYqVQRk.jpg

Well, there goes Plan A.

U24ppop.jpg

Yeah, that must be the reason.  Maybe Kaze can talk to them.

fACvxzz.jpgatRR0S1.jpg

Our recent actions don't really reflect our stated philosophy.

SOFbvvK.jpg

Big Daddy Fuga has some serious stones coming out here alone and unarmed.

Op00IZj.jpg

And Rezzi has her sword drawn.  So much for coming in peace.

BjaNjkI.jpg

Oh, don't worry about that.  I always have my sword drawn at diplomatic meetings.

HPHylwB.jpg

Apparently threatening Fuga with a sword makes him back down.  He was foolish to come alone.

nDXb2l6.jpg

Awkward...

xge5YTw.jpg

Well, obviously, unless you've been hanging out with him in Valla.

BOCzmYZ.jpg

Can it be a battle of wits?  Chess perhaps?  How does my ability to slaughter your subjects prove anything?  Might makes right taken to its logical conclusion, I suppose.

eXZq0ie.jpg

It's a prf weapon.  You can't even sell it for gold.

aVJh7G4.jpg

It would be really funny if Fuga became the new protagonist after this chapter.  Fire Emblem Fates: Fugaquest.  Ryoma never saw Fuga coming.

ExitUFI.jpg

Hear that everyone?  Take no prisoners; leave no one alive!

MwBUTBe.jpg

Is that why you're so much harder here than in Birthright?

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Does the mark always have to appear on the outer skin?  We've seen it in Lucina's eye.  Maybe it formed on Lissa's kidney or something.

Maybe the minor blood brands appear internally, explaining why they don't show up otherwise.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

BOCzmYZ.jpg

Can it be a battle of wits?  Chess perhaps?  How does my ability to slaughter your subjects prove anything?  Might makes right taken to its logical conclusion, I suppose.

Fuga just seems to find trials by combat the best way to test someone.

Why wasn't he recruited from the level 3 Arena in Revelations?

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Maybe the minor blood brands appear internally, explaining why they don't show up otherwise.

Fuga just seems to find trials by combat the best way to test someone.

Why wasn't he recruited from the level 3 Arena in Revelations?

Odin should be able to activate dragon veins.

I forget how you get Fuga in Revelations.  Doesn't he show up after you get to Valla, too?  How does he even get there?