Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think I'll be keeping Odin as a Sorcerer, a mount is nice, but he loses Nosferatu, and gaining Swords doesn't really give him anything.  It's locked to 1 range mostly, and Tomes and Swords are on the same edge of the Weapon Triangle.  I want to try to give him as much Magic as possible.  Trying to keep both Strength and Magic for Odin will probably just make him bad in both.

Yeah, an understandable conclusion.

Thing is Odin does have an alright strength growth he can work with as well, hence why I mention it. Doesn't help most of the 1-2 range swords are from Hoshido though to push against the idea. Or that most of the more powerful enemies are likely to go with their lances or shurikens.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Deaths: Lilith (She gets better)

Must... Resist... Bad Joke!

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I want to take advantage of Odin's great personal skill, so we glue all these Thunder Tomes together and must christen this codex with a title befitting a mage as glorious as Odin Dark.

ANLGQoJ.jpg?1

I assume Arthur was told to get the name inscribed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

JUSTICE HAS PREVAILED!

Indeed it has.  I thought our Tardis Castle was supposed to be safe, though.  How do these guys keep getting here?

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, an understandable conclusion.

Thing is Odin does have an alright strength growth he can work with as well, hence why I mention it. Doesn't help most of the 1-2 range swords are from Hoshido though to push against the idea. Or that most of the more powerful enemies are likely to go with their lances or shurikens.

Must... Resist... Bad Joke!

I assume Arthur was told to get the name inscribed.

He's got a decent Strength growth, but Str 55%/Mag 40% as a Dark Knight vs Str 35%/Magic 55% as a Sorc.  Plus Sorc has the Hit and Crit bonuses as well as Magic promotion bonus.  Odin also needs all the Speed he can get.

Never resist a bad joke!

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Corrin still a bachelor?

Yup, he was waiting for the hottest waifu to arrive after chapter 23.

FFS IS, you had one job.

Also lol at your kids drinking all the milk, I was like that as a young pulp.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Well, time for one of three freebie grind sessions for us in Fates.  I decided to spread my units like so.

QJVVViG.jpg

I rearranged my buildings a bit to try to make it more defensive.

Arthur goes up against the mostly Lance enemies to the west, with Rezzi pairing him for back-up.

Niles and Odin take the eastern entrance, which has all Axe Fliers.

Effie goes south against all the Sword Mercs.  There's an Armorslayer among them, but with WTA and a bit of luck she should be okay.  (Silas would have been nice here, but you have to work with what you've got.)

Jakob and Elise are both positioned towards the middle, so they can go where they are most needed.

Lilith hangs out to the south with Effie to hopefully do some chip damage.

The plan goes pretty well at first, and Odin gets his second level up, less glorious than his first one.  His bosom buddy also gets another crappy level-up.

9iDB6d3.jpgXoNGtTP.jpg

It is at this point that I remember the enemies prioritize destroying buildings, so Arthur waiting in the forest does a bunch of nothing for him.  I don't yet have enough building to build an effective wall at every entrance.

HJ3Gm1n.jpg

Meanwhile down south, Effie is a little too proud for a subpar level-up, while Arthur's is a bit better.

yGtVMV7.jpglWkIMW9.jpg

My calculated risk of letting Effie face the Armorslayer pays off with a little top-off from Elise giving her a very nice level.  Not pictured, but Lilith makes the ultimate sacrifice in defense of the castle, so she died as she lived.

tJ8fz4M.jpgXcQXaNE.jpg

Nodin swings down south to exterminate the mercs that headed east to vandalize my prison, giving Odin another meh level.  Niles grabs a vulnerary from his bestie.  Effie finishes off the mercs for what I think is her first good level-up.

GK40pj5.jpgkkwxY1d.jpg

Arthur got the skill Gamble with his last level-up, which does a bit more harm than good for him at this point.  Trading 10 Hit for 10 Crit isn't so great right now.  Rezzi could finish off this guy, but would get negligible XP.  My quick math shows that everyone in range would survive engagement with the enemy, so I decide to try to give Arthur the kill.

HzZIKZM.jpg

Arthur's first hit lands, and with that...

Invasion 1 Complete!

Deaths: Lilith (She gets better)

New Units: None

*looks at the end*

For someone who just lost two units, you sure seem to think nothing of flirting with disaster...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

*looks at the end*

For someone who just lost two units, you sure seem to think nothing of flirting with disaster...

A little risk is always involved when using Arthur.

4 hours ago, Natalie said:

Woo Rezzy you did so well!

Yay, thanks!  It's nice to see a plan work.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yay, thanks!  It's nice to see a plan work.

Speaking of plans. What's the plan for the next chapter? 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

And that's why I said what I did - is that kind of risk really something you're willing to constantly entertain???

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

as the old saying goes
no risk no fun

I never heard that one. Which makes me think you clearly invented it just now... Besides, this is an ironman run - not the kind of run where I'd want to use a unit that constantly faces crit chances...

9 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I never heard that one. Which makes me think you clearly invented it just now... Besides, this is an ironman run - not the kind of run where I'd want to use a unit that constantly faces crit chances...

I mean 

Why not try something different and have a little fun? 

8 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Speaking of plans. What's the plan for the next chapter? 

I have a cunning plan.

6 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

Using Mozu on ironman lunatic? I admire your bravery. Shame it didn't pay off.
RIP Mozu and her horsed friend. 

I'll be following this.

Big risk, big reward.  Too bad it was a careless mistake that got her killed.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And that's why I said what I did - is that kind of risk really something you're willing to constantly entertain???

Fortune favors the bold

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

To be fair, it's either put Arthur into the jaws of death or don't use him at all, and I don't have a bench to put him on, yet.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

as the old saying goes
no risk no fun

I like to live dangerously.

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Wow, that was close, good job!!

Much thanks.  Even had Arthur missed, no one would have died, unless that 2% crit activated.

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I mean 

Why not try something different and have a little fun? 

Pretty much the point of Ironmanning in the first place.

I forget if I mentioned, butone of the Mercs had a Goddess Icon, which I believe has Arthur's name on it.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have a cunning plan.

Big risk, big reward.  Too bad it was a careless mistake that got her killed.

Thanks!

Fortune favors the bold

To be fair, it's either put Arthur into the jaws of death or don't use him at all, and I don't have a bench to put him on, yet.

I like to live dangerously.

Much thanks.  Even had Arthur missed, no one would have died, unless that 2% crit activated.

Pretty much the point of Ironmanning in the first place.

I forget if I mentioned, butone of the Mercs had a Goddess Icon, which I believe has Arthur's name on it.

Thats quite the cunning plan there

Yup! Besides worst come to worst, Arthur can be used as fodder! (Tho that better not happen)

also im expecting Arthur to promote into hero because reasons

speaking of promotion, you promoting early, waiting a few levels, waiting till max level?

We return home to report our success to Daddy Garon, who is quite pleased to see us.

rxmAZfX.jpgcpaigAW.jpgYcmFTLt.jpg

I wouldn't say I didn't sacrifice a single life, considering Silas and Mozu...

T5nKFrc.jpgPVlBBXl.jpgNKN9brz.jpg

And Daddy Garon loves me.  And couldn't be happier and we all live happily ever after.

Oh, wait, there's more...

5q58lPU.jpg

Iago hates me for some reason, so he puts his Rules-Lawyer hat on and tattles about me getting help.  Apparently an Ironman run isn't enough, but he wants me to solo the whole darn thing as well.  I may be Titania, but this isn't PoR.

Daddy Garon loves me too much, though and won't kill me after my sibling say how mean it would be to kill me for cheating on my test.  Daddy Garon may have made arbitrary homicide the national pass time of Nohr, but he still loves his kids.

PnPXaNi.jpgX1Nrba4.jpg

Iago pouts, because he went to the Skeletor School of Being Evil for Evil's Sake.  Why solve a problem in its entirety with minimal loss of life when you could have caused pain and suffering to a 17 year old girl?

We get our next mission to head south to Chapter 10, but before that, we must pass through Fort Backstory.

Wrought with grief over the loss of her dear friend she forgot about until yesterday, Rezzi is still in the Denial Stage of Loss.

5nBG3gC.jpg?1

The area is crawling with Hoshido troops, which makes me question how one-sided this war is supposed to be.

If Nohr is the evil conquering army, why did we retreat back to our country immediately, whereas Hoshido is in a strong enough position to not just invade our borders, but get into the very heart of our territory, less than a days march from our capital?  This aggression from Hoshido must be stopped.  We will get Daddy's Garon's love and push these marauders out of our homeland.

Next time, we will take a look at Chapter 9.

20 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Thats quite the cunning plan there

Yup! Besides worst come to worst, Arthur can be used as fodder! (Tho that better not happen)

also im expecting Arthur to promote into hero because reasons

speaking of promotion, you promoting early, waiting a few levels, waiting till max level?

I usually wait until max level, but I may do a few early promotions, if I need an extra push for harder maps.  One thing I've considered is promoting Elise before Chapter 10 to give me an extra Tome unit to pick off stray enemies.  Eternal Seals are a thing, so there's not truly a thing as "wasted" levels in Conquest.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We return home to report our success to Daddy Garon, who is quite pleased to see us.

rxmAZfX.jpgcpaigAW.jpgYcmFTLt.jpg

I wouldn't say I didn't sacrifice a single life, considering Silas and Mozu...

T5nKFrc.jpgPVlBBXl.jpgNKN9brz.jpg

And Daddy Garon loves me.  And couldn't be happier and we all live happily ever after.

Oh, wait, there's more...

5q58lPU.jpg

Iago hates me for some reason, so he puts his Rules-Lawyer hat on and tattles about me getting help.  Apparently an Ironman run isn't enough, but he wants me to solo the whole darn thing as well.  I may be Titania, but this isn't PoR.

Daddy Garon loves me too much, though and won't kill me after my sibling say how mean it would be to kill me for cheating on my test.  Daddy Garon may have made arbitrary homicide the national pass time of Nohr, but he still loves his kids.

PnPXaNi.jpgX1Nrba4.jpg

Iago pouts, because he went to the Skeletor School of Being Evil for Evil's Sake.  Why solve a problem in its entirety with minimal loss of life when you could have caused pain and suffering to a 17 year old girl?

We get our next mission to head south to Chapter 10, but before that, we must pass through Fort Backstory.

Wrought with grief over the loss of her dear friend she forgot about until yesterday, Rezzi is still in the Denial Stage of Loss.

5nBG3gC.jpg?1

The area is crawling with Hoshido troops, which makes me question how one-sided this war is supposed to be.

If Nohr is the evil conquering army, why did we retreat back to our country immediately, whereas Hoshido is in a strong enough position to not just invade our borders, but get into the very heart of our territory, less than a days march from our capital?  This aggression from Hoshido must be stopped.  We will get Daddy's Garon's love and push these marauders out of our homeland.

Next time, we will take a look at Chapter 9.

I usually wait until max level, but I may do a few early promotions, if I need an extra push for harder maps.  One thing I've considered is promoting Elise before Chapter 10 to give me an extra Tome unit to pick off stray enemies.  Eternal Seals are a thing, so there's not truly a thing as "wasted" levels in Conquest.

Dat smile tho. You can tell he's happy with your senses murder and genocide!

iago probably graduated with all A's from that school 

Ah I didn't think eternal seals would be practical in conquest due to limited gold and such 

42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Fortune favors the bold

If fortune really favored the bold, I wouldn't be a depressed shell struggling to get by...

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Fair enough, I guess.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't think Eternal Seals are practical with how expensive they are...

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

If fortune really favored the bold, I wouldn't be a depressed shell struggling to get by...

Fair enough, I guess.

Perhaps there's enough to spare for one healer to get an eternal seal?

though I don't know how much gold is in conquest so I can't answer

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Dat smile tho. You can tell he's happy with your senses murder and genocide!

iago probably graduated with all A's from that school 

Ah I didn't think eternal seals would be practical in conquest due to limited gold and such 

I imagine that's how he bonds with his kids.

He got Phi Beta Decapitate

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Fair enough, I guess.

Eternal Seals don't exactly fall from the sky, but I do get two freebies from my rewards list, and a resource unused is a resource wasted.  As of the beginning of Chapter 9, Elise is level 10, so she'll be ready to promote next chapter.  Gaining access to a weapon increases her contribution and makes her not a sitting duck on enemy phase.

Before I forget, Arthur gets his second Goddess Icon, which brings his Luck to acceptable levels.

1OzBD7n.jpg

Lilith turned out to only be mostly dead, so we feed her, and she rewards us with a gold bar.  She either poops gold, or she's been holding out on us.  We could have used that earlier.

MP4Ow2H.jpg

Now, while I try to tackle Chapter 9, I will take this opportunity to repost this Garon drawing I made a couple years ago.

qpNkC1X.png?2

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I imagine that's how he bonds with his kids.

He got Phi Beta Decapitate

Eternal Seals don't exactly fall from the sky, but I do get two freebies from my rewards list, and a resource unused is a resource wasted.  As of the beginning of Chapter 9, Elise is level 10, so she'll be ready to promote next chapter.  Gaining access to a weapon increases her contribution and makes her not a sitting duck on enemy phase.

Before I forget, Arthur gets his second Goddess Icon, which brings his Luck to acceptable levels.

1OzBD7n.jpg

Lilith turned out to only be mostly dead, so we feed her, and she rewards us with a gold bar.  She either poops gold, or she's been holding out on us.  We could have used that earlier.

MP4Ow2H.jpg

Now, while I try to tackle Chapter 9, I will take this opportunity to repost this Garon drawing I made a couple years ago.

qpNkC1X.png?2

you didn't draw his beautiful smile

ah I forgot about those rewards lists 

let's hope arthurs luck improves even more!

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

X1Nrba4.jpg

Because Iago's whole thing is making Corrin miserable. Apparently.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Nohr: Apparently strong enough to invade but then proceed to just fail miserably and have Hoshido invade instead.

Fates makes so much sense.

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

In b4 Game Over on Chapter 10

Or if not, inb4 a lost unit in the process.

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

you didn't draw his beautiful smile

ah I forgot about those rewards lists 

let's hope arthurs luck improves even more!

I think he's got a 5% Luck growth, so maybe not.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Because Iago's whole thing is making Corrin miserable. Apparently.

Nohr: Apparently strong enough to invade but then proceed to just fail miserably and have Hoshido invade instead.

Fates makes so much sense.

I'm convinced Iago is a D&D player who just put Chaotic Evil on his character sheet and didn't bother giving his character any real motivation.

7 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

In b4 Game Over on Chapter 10

Oh ye of little faith

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Or if not, inb4 a lost unit in the process.

Losing just one unit on the hardest chapter in the game's not too bad.