Concepts for a potential Mario Musou/Warriors

Jedi

@Tolvir me and some others like @LaserDuda were discussing it earlier and we came up with some cool ideas, the 3 focus areas of Mario would be Mainline, Spinoff & RPG for the start in terms of characters & such. 

Movesets honestly wouldn't be hard to conceptulize Mario has stuff like his Hammer (and hammer bro suit) his various power ups & weapons from across the Mario verse, have characters like Daisy & Waluigi rep the sports games and such like Kart & Party, with their various goofiness & such. Along with RPG characters such as the Partners from Paper Mario, Fawful, Geno etc

To simulate the platforming, the battlefields would be layered into segments, you'd need to platform or travel up via Warp Pipes and the like, each character would have their own style of moving across layers, think 3D Chess but a Warriors game. 

So for example you'd have a map  where ground level, a building and an airship from an attacking Bowser Fleet, which was bombarding the lower levels with bullet bills, you'd have to balance all 3 layers, the building subsection would likely have your base for this fight etc. 

Captain Toad would likely be the Skulltula & Anna of Mario Musou

The story would hopefully have Mario & Bowser team up because its always cool when they have to, but it could start like Mario RPG on the SNES where it begins with Bowser fighting Peach & Mario but then after a bit the 3rd party comes in, also it'd be cool if you started as Bowsers Forces, so like Bowser & Kammy or something. 

The locales could be from all over, from New Donk City to the likes of the Dark World from Mario 3, or from the RPGs, the BeanBean Kingdom, Inside Bowser, Forest Maze, Rogueport, the Ice Palace  or some of the Mario Party maps from the past since they'd fit this layered style, we could even have dream based levels from Mario 2 USA and Dream Team.

DK, Wario & Yoshi would be up to the devs if they wanted to include them.

The Music would hopefully sound like this 

Edited by Jedi

There's way too much potential for a Mario Musou and I hope we see it someday. All of these ideas would be fun and the multilayered battles would be interesting. They could even make multiple games out of this like FE Warriors. As you said there are the main series games, sports games, RPG's, and you also have other worlds you could use such as Donkey Kong and WarioWare. All of this could be used for various stages, bosses, enemies, and characters to play as. You could base stages in Luigi's Mansion or even someplace less expected such as Mario Circuit. This is now one of my most wanted Nintendo Musou's.

I think Mario has been in every genre under the sun at this point except a hack & slash like Warriors. Last year, he was in an SRPG with what people thought was a dead IP, not to mention he was in an FPS before the term was even invented (even though it's a Yoshi game, I still count it). There are so many characters possible, and the amount of clones probably few (Peach and Daisy would be, with some differences). This could work, as long as Shiggy stays hands off (which he may or may not, Mario is his brainchild, after all).

If this happens, I want an easter egg where Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing. Say you go into the tutorial level with Luigi and stand still for 1 minute and boom, you win. They acknowledged "DO A BARREL ROLL", so why not this?

On a more serious note, it definitely could work. Mario is no stranger to spin-offs, and given how many different characters, abilities, locations, etc. there are in the Mario series, it's got potential to be a huge game. Or games, if they decide to follow the FEWarriors route (frankly, I wish they didn't).

The only bad thing is that it would probably be for the switch, which I don't have, and until they release a Luigi's Mansion for it or the price goes down, it'll probably stay that way. At least that's what got me to buy the 3DS back in the day. I'll admit, however, that XCOM Mario looks like everything I ever wanted in a game. That is, strategy and Luigi.

Koei expressed desire to one day do a Mario Warriors so its certainly very possible. I'd like it but one thing that worries me is that they wouldn't be allowed to use the Mario IP to its fullest potential. The roster would be best served if they took characters from all Mario games including Dimentio and Fawful who are both popular and have great moveset potential. The problem there is that the relation between Miyamoto and the side games seems to be rocky at best. 

I suppose filling the roster with characters like King Boo or Petey Piranja rather than Dimentio would be perfectly adequate but not the best case scenario. 

If there is a Mario Warriors game planned on being developed. I do like to see if they can might add some new character like they did with Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm pretty sure we could see Mario and Luigi could use the Fire Flower Power Up to throw Fire Balls, maybe use Pow Blocks, and maybe use other Power up attacks in past Super Mario titles as one of their attacks as well. I do like to see if they can get Dr. Mario, Dr. Luigi, maybe other Donkey Kong characters, Yoshi characters, and as well as Wario characters like the characters from Wario Land titles and even the WarioWare games as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

11 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I think Mario has been in every genre under the sun at this point except a hack & slash like Warriors. Last year, he was in an SRPG with what people thought was a dead IP, not to mention he was in an FPS before the term was even invented (even though it's a Yoshi game, I still count it). There are so many characters possible, and the amount of clones probably few (Peach and Daisy would be, with some differences). This could work, as long as Shiggy stays hands off (which he may or may not, Mario is his brainchild, after all).

I think Peach would take inspiration from her own game along with Smash and the RPGs while Daisy could take inspiration from the more aggressive sports spinoffs.

where all my Pokémon warriors speculators out there

in all seriousness I would so buy this game.

maybe have the plot be like all the RPG villains (dark bowser, fawful, antasma, etc) team up to try and conquer the mushroom kingdom. We wouldn't have to worry about not being able to play as Fawful and others because hyrule warriors let us play as Ganon, Cia, Volga, Ganon, girahim, wizzrobe, Zant, and even skull kid while being possessed.

36 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

where all my Pokémon warriors speculators out there

in all seriousness I would so buy this game.

maybe have the plot be like all the RPG villains (dark bowser, fawful, antasma, etc) team up to try and conquer the mushroom kingdom. We wouldn't have to worry about not being able to play as Fawful and others because hyrule warriors let us play as Ganon, Cia, Volga, Ganon, girahim, wizzrobe, Zant, and even skull kid while being possessed.

For Pokemon just use the Great War from X/Y or from the past Lucario gets warpped from in Mystery of Mew, it'd be pretty easy to work from!

Dont forget Smithy! I'd love to see the Axem Rangers back, dude could you imagine a game with Fawful, the Axem Rangers and Rawk Hawk.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

For Pokemon just use the Great War from X/Y or from the past Lucario gets warpped from in Mystery of Mew, it'd be pretty easy to work from!

Dont forget Smithy! I'd love to see the Axem Rangers back, dude could you imagine a game with Fawful, the Axem Rangers and Rawk Hawk.

I had a different idea for a Pokémon warriors, but that's best saved for another day so I don't bring Down the wrath of the mods for derailing 

Maybe it could involve something about the 7 star children like super Mario RPG.

And as for warrior specials/ awakening specials Version for this game, it could be like activating power star invincibility.

mario could launch the Mario finale for his ultimate move

luigi could use the poltergust 5000 or maybe pull some negative zone shenanigans 

peach could bring out the vibe scepter or something 

Bowser could maybe use the vacuum block? I dunno. Or grow giant maybe?

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

5 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I had a different idea for a Pokémon warriors, but that's best saved for another day so I don't bring Down the wrath of the mods for derailing 

Maybe it could involve something about the 7 star children like super Mario RPG.

And as for warrior specials/ awakening specials Version for this game, it could be like activating power star invincibility.

mario could launch the Mario finale for his ultimate move

luigi could use the poltergust 5000 or maybe pull some negative zone shenanigans 

peach could bring out the vibe scepter or something 

Bowser could maybe use the vacuum block? I dunno. Or grow giant maybe?

Bowser would probably breathe his signature fire for a basic special, the super one would probably be growing big though yeah.

12 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Bowser would probably breathe his signature fire for a basic special, the super one would probably be growing big though yeah.

Oh maybe he goes into giga bowser mode. Yeah it's in smash only but Mario games crossover with other Nintendo games a lot 

7 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oh maybe he goes into giga bowser mode. Yeah it's in smash only but Mario games crossover with other Nintendo games a lot 

It would be a good game to use Giga Bowser in, I still like the idea of him and Mario teaming up like in some of the RPGs too haha. 

And one of his alt playstyles could be the Clowncar.

• 2 weeks later...

If a mario moshu game was to be made, Id think the core element of the game would be power-ups found around the map, what better way to incorperate mario stuff then to have things like mushrooms on the ground be considered health up, or finding a double cherry to make a clone of yourself to help in battle. mabey beating a fort and getting a bell power up will let you access an area that you need the cat suit to climb up to get. or even a star power-up on the field to go ham on everything, but its pretty rare. mabey even have things like fire and ice flowers add elemental attacks to your current player. there SO much you can do when they incorperate powerups into the game here.

Edited by Thany

• 2 weeks later...