Improve your favorite character(s)

Erureido

Ishtar - I don't know how to improve her other than giving her more screen time, and showing more interactions between her and members of her family. 

Finn - Finn is a very useful unit both in Genealogy and Thracia, but the fact that he survives so long makes me wish they had given him more renown in terms of his combat abilities. Similar to Ser Barristan Selmy.

Robin - I would make Robin a bit more serious, realistic, logical and skeptical especially towards Chrom because Chrom's strategy is just nuts sometimes. Looking back he actually always tried to do that, so Robin gets credit where credit is due. I would also make Chrom  more dependent on Robin since Chrom doesn't really seem like a battle strategist. Robin to Chrom should be like Athelstan to Ragnar (from Vikings).

Xander - I would give him more big talks about his "justice is an illusion" ideology because that shows the depth of his character and his intellect something that can actually be salvaged, unlike from other Fates' characters.

Edited by Ae†her

• Peri: Tone down her bloodthirst, and give her a better reason to be Xander's retainer. 
  • Tharja: Have  better explanation for her treatment towards Norie. Maybe because she was a physical weak child, Tharja needed to ensure that Noire was strong enough to survive in the world.
  • Camilla: Give her a pair of pants, and explain her backstory.
Edited by Jingle Jangle

Camilla - same as Jingle Jangle

Tiki - if she is the daughter of the FREAKING GODDESS OF THE CONTINENT WHO HAS A MAJOR PLOT IN THE STORY GIVE HER MORE STORY PLOT!

Kana/Corrin - more personality not just that person who has no personality and is not all about Papa and Mama.

Oh yeah, they should have kept some of the Japanese script intact for Lehran. Specifically the bit where he's barraged by all the voices from the past and then murders a bunch of people during the Serenes massacre.

Kana (F): Fix her max stats in sword,aster as she should have a higher strength and skill stat due to her chance of using Dragon Fang in just about every attack for me. I maxed just about all her stats on Birthright and her skill and strength is low. Compared to others, who have 30+ strength, she is a weak unit. I have all my main units at level 25+ with S Rank weapons, like I have Azura as a Pegasus Knight level 25 with A ranked lances. Their growths need improvement.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:52 AM, Tharja123 said:

Camilla - same as Jingle Jangle

Tiki - if she is the daughter of the FREAKING GODDESS OF THE CONTINENT WHO HAS A MAJOR PLOT IN THE STORY GIVE HER MORE STORY PLOT!

Kana/Corrin - more personality not just that person who has no personality and is not all about Papa and Mama.

They just don’t 

Ike/Mist: Let them actually support in PoR and give them an ending in RD where mist convinces Ike to stay or Mist tags along, Put more emphasis on their relationship as siblings, half the time Ike seems to only keep Mist around as an obligation rather than caring that she is his sister, they need to bond more in general. Also give mist 5 more str in RD, sure she can wield Alondite with ease but she just can't get enough damage out of it. Also would exchange horse for better stats in general but that's just me.

Lyre: give her an ending with Gatrie and Ranulf, and support conversations with Lethe.

Ephriam: Have him fail more, having him be captured by Valter after capturing Renvall(?) would be a start to that (Having him surrender would still go with his favorite quote "I don't pick fights I can't win"), and put more emphasis on his reluctance to take the throne as that trait seems to vanish after Grado invades.

Tiki: either dont include her in awakening or redesign her outfit.

Alm: emphasis his flaws more, such as his impatience, his sheltered upbringing, and his frustrations.

Ephraim: like alm give some more emphasis to his flaws

Eirika: RESTORATION QUEEN!!! ahem, give her some more moments to shine in and be awesome.

Elincia: more so her POR version then her RD version, but she needs to grow up a bit more over the course of the game. She does grow in POR mind you, but at the same time its a little hard to reconcile the version of her in RD with her in POR and i do feel she actually undergoes more growth in RD then in POR and in a much shorter time. The best way to fix this would probably be to make her playable much earlier and crunch her growth in POR a bit to give more time to setting up her growth in RD, she should be at the point shes at as a character by the end of POR before endgame at least.

Celica: Take out Jedah's line about an age of fear and chaos. It just makes Celica dumber and removes Jedah's strength as a Gharnef. The writing also didn't need it. Jedah didn't need to be a mustache twirler because Alm's love for Celica and the theme of humanity standing on their own is enough reason to oppose Jedah and Celica's plan to sacrifice herself. 

Tormod (FE10) - Increase his availability. Maybe put him into Part 3.

Bartre (FE7) - Increase base speed by 2.

Makalov (FE9)- Not that he needs much of a boost as a mounted unit in this game, but shifting his availability such that he doesn't join right before a desert map would be great. 

Geitz (FE7) - I would love to find a way to consistently use him without bogging down my experience by being hyper alert about my EXP allocation to lord characters. 

Noishe (FE4)- Pursuit. 

Ronan (FE5) - Swap Mag and Str growths. 

I don't exactly like Ross's support cast. Due to his personality, I'd be extremely interested in reading supports with him and Ephraim, due to their possibly competitive natures or with Ross and Seth, one of the many people who respected his father. 

8 hours ago, Gaado said:

Tormod (FE10) - Increase his availability. Maybe put him into Part 3.

Bartre (FE7) - Increase base speed by 2.

Makalov (FE9)- Not that he needs much of a boost as a mounted unit in this game, but shifting his availability such that he doesn't join right before a desert map would be great. 

Geitz (FE7) - I would love to find a way to consistently use him without bogging down my experience by being hyper alert about my EXP allocation to lord characters. 

Noishe (FE4)- Pursuit. 

Ronan (FE5) - Swap Mag and Str growths. 

What about their characters?

'Boro: Like so many characters in Fates, her main problem is, for the most part, existing in a vacuum.  I know she is a "killable" character (different from characters like Silas or Jakob, who can only be "crippled" and thus still appear in cutscenes), but IS has proven before that they can program the game to "see" who has or hasn't been killed off and make scenes built around such parameters, so really this is just a matter of if they wanted to write more for the game or not.  And clearly, they were intent on writing the bare minimum for the game's garbage story.

If there's something I had to pick that was wrong with the content that does exist for her, it's her supports with Niles and Benny.  The former was honestly expected, but I wish they could get passed the point of "don't say dirty things to me, Niles" and actually have talks with some substance.  And the latter, I actually do like, but they're just... bizarre.  Like, why does 'Boro have a built in "negative emotions" detector?  It's just such a strange thing for a character to randomly make a stinky face but not actually be angry.  Up until her supports with Benny, her angry face seemed at least a bit natural of a "quirk".

Lucina: I wanted more of Future Past in Awakening's base story.  Either that, or I would've liked a Genealogy Gen 2 type of thing out of the story.  Just something to make her stand on her own more, as I feel if it wasn't for her original role requiring her to lean so heavily on another character, she would've been probably the strongest female lead in the series.

Katarina: If there's one thing I have an issue with, it's that her A-level support with female Chris ends relatively abruptly compared to the one with the male counterpart.  I know there's one very obvious reason for this, but... that's just stupid.  I mean... who says she can't be bi?  And moreover, why can't she support with the other "trainees" like Luke or Ryan?  It's like she has the inverse problem of Oboro; a great story presence (well, sidestory presence), but a lacking support pool.

Catria: She should have supports with more than just her sisters, Minerva, and Chris, imo.  I dunno...  I just feel like she could've interacted with more than just the OC and her fellow Macedonians.

ArvisAKA one of the only villains in this series I actually like for more than just irony and comedy.  The one main thing I'd want - which I think could be easily fixed in a Genealogy Echoes if they just implement the Memory Prisms system - is to see more of what his relationship with Azel was like and maybe some of the development he got in whatever supplementary material he appeared in.  Just so that we can see him outside of his, like, three appearances in the game.  We see a few drastically different sides of him, but not enough time spent with them.

SonyaAKA one of the only "sexy" characters in the series I like.  She just needs more dialogue and interactions in general.  I like that she's the one character who has a relation to one of the main antagonists (and is aware of it), and I like her talks about living on the priory, but she just doesn't have a whole lot else.  Same applies to Genny and practically anyone else in the game who only has a single support tree.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

'Boro: Like so many characters in Fates, her main problem is, for the most part, existing in a vacuum.  I know she is a "killable" character (different from characters like Silas or Jakob, who can only be "crippled" and thus still appear in cutscenes), but IS has proven before that they can program the game to "see" who has or hasn't been killed off and make scenes built around such parameters, so really this is just a matter of if they wanted to write more for the game or not.  And clearly, they were intent on writing the bare minimum for the game's garbage story.

If there's something I had to pick that was wrong with the content that does exist for her, it's her supports with Niles and Benny.  The former was honestly expected, but I wish they could get passed the point of "don't say dirty things to me, Niles" and actually have talks with some substance.  And the latter, I actually do like, but they're just... bizarre.  Like, why does 'Boro have a built in "negative emotions" detector?  It's just such a strange thing for a character to randomly make a stinky face but not actually be angry.  Up until her supports with Benny, her angry face seemed at least a bit natural of a "quirk".

Lucina: I wanted more of Future Past in Awakening's base story.  Either that, or I would've liked a Genealogy Gen 2 type of thing out of the story.  Just something to make her stand on her own more, as I feel if it wasn't for her original role requiring her to lean so heavily on another character, she would've been probably the strongest female lead in the series.

Katarina: If there's one thing I have an issue with, it's that her A-level support with female Chris ends relatively abruptly compared to the one with the male counterpart.  I know there's one very obvious reason for this, but... that's just stupid.  I mean... who says she can't be bi?  And moreover, why can't she support with the other "trainees" like Luke or Ryan?  It's like she has the inverse problem of Oboro; a great story presence (well, sidestory presence), but a lacking support pool.

Catria: She should have supports with more than just her sisters, Minerva, and Chris, imo.  I dunno...  I just feel like she could've interacted with more than just the OC and her fellow Macedonians.

ArvisAKA one of the only villains in this series I actually like for more than just irony and comedy.  The one main thing I'd want - which I think could be easily fixed in a Genealogy Echoes if they just implement the Memory Prisms system - is to see more of what his relationship with Azel was like and maybe some of the development he got in whatever supplementary material he appeared in.  Just so that we can see him outside of his, like, three appearances in the game.  We see a few drastically different sides of him, but not enough time spent with them.

SonyaAKA one of the only "sexy" characters in the series I like.  She just needs more dialogue and interactions in general.  I like that she's the one character who has a relation to one of the main antagonists (and is aware of it), and I like her talks about living on the priory, but she just doesn't have a whole lot else.  Same applies to Genny and practically anyone else in the game who only has a single support tree.

I'd also like to see more of Alvis, particularly in Gen 1. I do think it's a massive testament to how good he is as a character that he makes such a big impact on the story and player despite appearing in only three chapters. I've been kicking around some ideas about making a thread about the exact subject for a while now.