Odds of this game coming to the switch?

So I have heard almost nothing but great things about this game, and it looks amazing. It's been near the top of my to play list of FE.

sadly I've only seen it go for as low as 200 dollars, which is way too much to sink into one game.

then I remember that Nintendo had ported games from past consoles onto the switch, so that made me think that maybe POR had a chance of being ported to the switch. Does it seem possible, or more like a nonsensical pipe dream?

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Hard to say until we see the outlines of the Nintendo online system.

If they sell GameCube games on their service, I'd say the chances are very high. If not, then we'd have to hope for a PoR/RD remaster, which we've speculated, but we also have no hard evidence that they would do this. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot if Fire Emblem Switch is being super hyped up and Nintendo still wants to push FE super hard.

Edited by Slumber

As long as your computer can run Dolphin, you can just emulate it. It's fun although it's definitely one of the easiest in the series...

Good luck!!

I hope they do because i would love playing Path of Radiance on the switch but I doubt they will. Nintendo is weird about re-releasing FE games outside of Japan. The GBA ones only came out on the Wii U eshop towards the end of the console's lifespan, and they were never officially available on the 3DS eshop in NA.

14 minutes ago, Noisy said:

I hope they do because i would love playing Path of Radiance on the switch but I doubt they will. Nintendo is weird about re-releasing FE games outside of Japan. The GBA ones only came out on the Wii U eshop towards the end of the console's lifespan, and they were never officially available on the 3DS eshop in NA.

That always perplexed me. They released both 7 and 8 outside of Japan, so why keep the VC versions regionally exclusive for so long?

I am hoping E3 shows that GC games are coming to VC as well as Wii games.  I am really hoping that the Eshop will end up having all the old FEs on it since the Switch does not have region locks, but I know that is probably a pipe dream.

$200, maybe with the case, but I've seen the game itself usually be around $100 (US dollars btw). In any case, I'd love a vc release or hd collection of it and radiant dawn. Heck, as far fetch as it may be what if FE switch is another Tellius game and then to go with it they re-release PoR and RD to go with it (also by Tellius it doesn't necessarily have to include prior tellius characters, kinda like with what awakening did to shadow dragon)

3 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Heck, as far fetch as it may be what if FE switch is another Tellius game and then to go with it they re-release PoR and RD to go with it (also by Tellius it doesn't necessarily have to include prior tellius characters, kinda like with what awakening did to shadow dragon)

Best idea ever!

4 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

$200, maybe with the case, but I've seen the game itself usually be around $100 (US dollars btw). In any case, I'd love a vc release or hd collection of it and radiant dawn. Heck, as far fetch as it may be what if FE switch is another Tellius game and then to go with it they re-release PoR and RD to go with it (also by Tellius it doesn't necessarily have to include prior tellius characters, kinda like with what awakening did to shadow dragon)

Kurthnaga can be the Tiki. 

Honestly, after tonight's announcement of Switch online details, the prospect of a Virtual Console isn't looking good. If this is the humble beginning of a Netflix-type service where games are added regularly, then I suppose that's could be cool but we'd never get to the gamecube at any reasonable rate if we are to expect just 20 NES games at launch.

I suppose the Classics line of mini consoles is another possibility. They have consistently been announced in June, and if a Gamecube one happens, that's 2019 with Wii in 2020. But if those classics consoles came with just ten or so games, I hesitate to say that Fire Emblem is a sure pick for both of them.

Edited by Glennstavos

13 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Honestly, after tonight's announcement of Switch online details, the prospect of a Virtual Console isn't looking good. If this is the humble beginning of a Netflix-type service where games are added regularly, then I suppose that's could be cool but we'd never get to the gamecube at any reasonable rate if we are to expect just 20 NES games at launch.

I suppose the Classics line of mini consoles is another possibility. They have consistently been announced in June, and if a Gamecube one happens, that's 2019 with Wii in 2020. But if those classics consoles came with just ten or so games, I hesitate to say that Fire Emblem is a sure pick for both of them.

Yeah, that's pretty lame if you ask me! I guess we just hope for a PoR/RD remake?

14 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Kurthnaga can be the Tiki. 

13 hours ago, Slumber said:

So we'll have a bizarrely sexualized mini-version of him?

I wouldn't mind a dragon shota considering all we've gotten is dragon lolis.

23 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I felt the same. :(