Mechanist is a weird class

Think about it. You are riding  weaponized puppet controlled only by a few string s into battle with wyvern riding knights and powerful sorcerers capable of creating blizzards. 

What is this puppet made of that it doesn't fall apart upon the weakest hit? Aren't puppets kinda fragile?

And how do the move it to the Point where they can keep up with freaking horses? And what if the strings are cut? Then they are just kinda useless.

who approved these guys for battle anyway? yukimura 

honestly the class itself reminds me a lot of the puppet master jutsu from naruto and considering the mechanist promotes from ninja well... I might have to do more research on this later. I'll get back to you on this when I do.

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

honestly the class itself reminds me a lot of the puppet master jutsu from naruto and considering the mechanist promotes from ninja well... I might have to do more research on this later. I'll get back to you on this when I do.

Defenitly PM me on that. I'd love some more info on the class 

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

"Weird" is a very nice way to put it.

If nothing else it's at least creative...

i seriously want to know how Yukimura(or all of hoshido) makes puppets that are fit for battle 

Since it's also a promotion from the Apothecary class line, would that imply that the puppets are expensive to make as the Apothecary class line is associated with money since it does have the alternate promotion of Merchant. Perhaps the Ninjas of Hoshido are the ones with enough dexterity to make them which is why they can also promote into a Mechanist. Who knows?

4 minutes ago, deskita said:

Since it's also a promotion from the Apothecary class line, would that imply that the puppets are expensive to make as the Apothecary class line is associated with money since it does have the alternate promotion of Merchant. Perhaps the Ninjas of Hoshido are the ones with enough dexterity to make them which is why they can also promote into a Mechanist. Who knows?

It could be possible that they are expensive to make and it requires incredible flexibility and dexterity to control the puppet. The ninja would be able to control it cause ninja training and apothecary would have a lot of money so he might be able to find someone to train him to use them as well as buy them.

yeah it's a really weird class that's never really appealed to me. but replication is nice to get from the class, if nothing else lol. but now everyone can just get it from castles, so that defeats the purpose of going into the class for that reason, unless you want to get the skills naturally yourself.

• 1 month later...

If it was Naruto, the puppet would do anything, killing, slashing, poisoning, good coffee, while the puppetter is behind controling it with the power of 'do anything' chakra thread.

On 18/06/2018 at 6:04 AM, Vinicius Salerno said:

Sasori should've been the final skill

Now how the heck is the final skill of the class is a bunshin, but not this ?...
And how do they do the bunshin ? It's a ninja thing !

I kinda like the class from a gameplay perspective. Mechanist has Yumis and Shurikens, giving it two weapon types with utility. Yumis kill fliers, Shuriken can debuff foes, that is a neat combo. The problem is Apothecary is a rare class, and Ninjas are pretty much always better going Master Ninja, for me at least. It also has balanced stats with high Skill, and that doesn't work out well. Replicate is the only good thing about it in practice. Golembane at most has some Conquest use, but isn't that available there.

Mechanists are based on and use karakuri, mechanized puppets/automata first made in the 17th century and used for theater and personal entertainment. In this case it would appear that the Mechanist uses strings to steer the karakuri and launch its attacks and the katakuri itself is wound-up in order to move.

4 hours ago, B.Leu said:

If it was Naruto, the puppet would do anything, killing, slashing, poisoning, good coffee, while the puppetter is behind controling it with the power of 'do anything' chakra thread.

Now how the heck is the final skill of the class is a bunshin, but not this ?...
And how do they do the bunshin ? It's a ninja thing !

The Japanese version of the skill name makes it clear that the replica is another puppet, since the skill name is "Copycat Puppet."

Edited by Azure Sen

22 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

The Japanese version of the skill name makes it clear that the replica is another puppet, since the skill name is "Copycat Puppet."

So, you are telling me, that there's a job in Hoshido, that is called the Mechanist, that if experienced enough, can create in a matter of seconds, a puppet copy of himself, that have the exact same proprieties, skills, body type, powers,, flesh, as the Mechanist that can also do everything he/she can do AND that are also life-bound to each-other.

I'm now convinced that Hoshido study Necromancy just like Nohr. Because I highly doubt those Copycat Puppet are created with wood and saw. :p