Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness (May 14 ~)

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

What I mean is that the recent GHB units seem more impressive, I guess you could say.

Ah, my mistake. Yeah, Julius and Kana seem like some of the more impressive ones in recent memory. Like Saias and Lyon are pretty decent, but certainly aren't as impressive.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Ah, my mistake. Yeah, Julius and Kana seem like some of the more impressive ones in recent memory. Like Saias and Lyon are pretty decent, but certainly aren't as impressive.

I wouldn't claim Julius being THAT amazing just yet. Sure, that Loptous makes him an interesting unit with very scarce weaknesses, but it doesn't mean he won't be crippled in other areas. I suggest we wait until we get our hands on him

Edit: unless his stats are in the datamine as well

Edited by Midnox

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

I wouldn't claim Julius being THAT amazing just yet. Sure, that Loptous makes him an interesting unit with very scarce weaknesses, but it doesn't mean he won't be crippled in other areas. I suggest we wait until we get our hands on him

Edit: unless his stats are in the datamine as well

They are. Actually reeling myself in a bit, he might not be better than Arvis and Saias, but that's more due to quad ploying being that useful. I do stand behind him being better than Lyon, though. Anyway, they're below if you're interested.

38/35/27/16/35

Loptous: Weak to dragon weapons, all units with non-dragon weapons get -6 attack in combat against Julius, +3 res.
Draconic Aura
Guard
Attack Ploy

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

They are. Actually reeling myself in a bit, he might not be better than Arvis and Saias, but that's more due to quad ploying being that useful. I do stand behind him being better than Lyon, though. Anyway, they're below if you're interested.

Hide contents

38/35/27/16/35

Loptous: Weak to dragon weapons, all units with non-dragon weapons get -6 attack in combat against Julius, +3 res.
Draconic Aura
Guard
Defense Ploy

About the datamine

Spoiler

Gamepress says Attack ploy instead of defense ploy

7 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Hide contents

38/35/27/16/35

Draconic Aura
Guard
Attack Ploy

They seem to be pretty competent, his only downside being speed. He won't double most characters, and there are many who'll double him. Still, he's a pretty tanky magic, specially with his Loptous effect. HE MIGHT EVEN SURVIVE THE REINHARDT XD

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

They seem to be pretty competent, his only downside being speed. He won't double most characters, and there are many who'll double him. Still, he's a pretty tanky magic, specially with his Loptous effect. HE MIGHT EVEN SURVIVE THE REINHARDT XD

He does survive a fully invested Rein if you invest in him a bit with a good enough A-skill

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

He does survive a fully invested Rein if you invest in him a bit with a good enough A-skill

That's pretty impressive. I also find it a little funny how people, not necessarily here, but people in general, keep saying Reinhardt isn't all that anymore but he's still the go-to for can they survive it comparisons.

Julius's Grand Hero Battle is now available.

Or should I say, Grand Hero Battle: Julius and the Deadlords, because they are most definitely here to.

By the way, no matter how neat you think it'd be to have the matchup of a lifetime again, do NOT throw Julia at Julius. He has color advantage and a good bit of Resistance, so unless you can reverse triangle advantage on him, just settle on bringing, I dunno, TBK!Chrom.

EDIT: Lunatic Strategy: Horse Emblem.

TBK!Chrom destroys Julius in one hit with Sealed Falchion, and some other Cavalry backup with a Dancer will allow for you to pick off the enemy one-by-one and retreat almost just as immediately. Who I used were TBK!Chrom (+HP -Def), Reinhardt (+Atk -Def), and Brave Frederick (+Atk -Spd), along with PA!Azura for dancing support.

Edited by Xenomata

Hilariously enough, I beat all three levels of Julius's GHB with the same team: Dire Thunder Reinhardt, sword Eirika, Brave Lyn, and PA!Azura. Eirika took out Julius on the higher maps since she doesn't take a counterattack from him.

Pretty fun fight thanks to the variety of reinforcements that spawn in. I still managed to beat it first try going straight into infernal with my arena team.(Camilla, Cordelia, Soleil, Bow Hinoka) Camilla baiting and killing Julius, the blue mage and the axe unit all on the first turn was fun to see. The archer's presence made me take a few turns backing up around the building until I could pick him off properly. While I waited, Camilla held down the right side killing all the mages and healers that spawned while taking no damage.

Had an easy time with the map using Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, and 2 dancers.

5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3 (fails to ORKO Julius on Lunatic and Infernal)
+5 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn: Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Life and Death 3, Cancel Affinity, Hone Cavalry, Atk Smoke 3 (able to ORKO Julius)
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 1
+3 +Atk/-Def PA Azura: Wings of Mercy, Atk Ploy 3

Not much to be proud of here, but a clear is a clear:
Screenshot_20180514-142810.png

I don’t like reinforcements in Heroes. If the game doesn’t want to play fair, neither will I.
This is a vanilla Brave Lyn with Desperation 3 and Brash Assault 1 seal, and three WoM dancers.

Huh, this is odd, but ... I'm certain I've cleared infernal, but it won't register as being cleared. Why?

EDIT: Okay, switched Eirika for Exalt Chrom and it worked. Strange.

Edited by Sunwoo

One of the most fun GHBs. 10/10. Also, one of the infantry units has infantry pulse so bewear. Julius's special will be charged immediately

Went with my default strategy of flier emblem. First attempt was a fail because I tried to bait out Julius turn one around the right, but he (with the healer alongside) does exactly the damage required to kill Corrin. So next attempt was just the usual picking off units as they come, while retreating. Got pretty tight but Galeforce, which I'd accidentally left on Cordelia (who normally runs Luna instead) got me home safely. As usual, not bothering with the extra copies from lower difficulties.

Elincia+1, Cordelia (Brave Lance), Corrin+1, Airzura, standard builds.

Edited by Humanoid

Julius Infernal in one turn: 

I don't remember other GHBs with 6 starting opponents and reinforcements. Anyway, since they were nicely arranged, my boys and girls had no problem to get everything done before it got crowded. 

Tag list grew up recently:

I used Res boosted Light Breath with Attack Smoke so Nowi could tank everything, with Wrath and Sol for the heals. 

I appreciate that this and the Lyn battles have had a safe spot from the reinforcements for level 1s to camp out.  Makes solos much more manageable than something like Grima's map which had them coming from everywhere, couldn't figure it out and had to bring in Witch Nowi to duo.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Julius's Grand Hero Battle is now available.

Or should I say, Grand Hero Battle: Julius and the Deadlords, because they are most definitely here to.

By the way, no matter how neat you think it'd be to have the matchup of a lifetime again, do NOT throw Julia at Julius. He has color advantage and a good bit of Resistance, so unless you can reverse triangle advantage on him, just settle on bringing, I dunno, TBK!Chrom.

EDIT: Lunatic Strategy: Horse Emblem.

TBK!Chrom destroys Julius in one hit with Sealed Falchion, and some other Cavalry backup with a Dancer will allow for you to pick off the enemy one-by-one and retreat almost just as immediately. Who I used were TBK!Chrom (+HP -Def), Reinhardt (+Atk -Def), and Brave Frederick (+Atk -Spd), along with PA!Azura for dancing support.

Oh really? Dragon Fang one-shot, go! Survival with 1 HP, exact damage needed to kill. Praised be the divine Naga, and may the infernal Loptous be banished from this land!

qNMyz4Vl.png

It took me at least 15 tries of all lengths, but I finally cleared Infernal with Julia (obviously), Lucina, Elise, and Sothe of all people. I kept wavering on who to put in my 4th slot. Ishtar, Linde, and Fjorm all failed, but in the end Sothe managed to cut through the waves of mages much better than any of them could. Kind of annoyed I had to use Elise, but her extra move and insanely powerful Recover+ were absolutely crucial to surviving all of the enemies.

@mampfoid Nice one turn finish. Before I start watching, I thought you must have smite user for the opening because only ranged cavalry unit can reach the first engagement without support. 

@mcsilas @Zeo and can tag you? @Usana  for the more, the merrier

This time I want to use PA Shigure(IV +SPD/-DEF) I just got from Legendary Lyn banner recently. It is quite hard for Shiro to do his job for this map. So the MVP for this map is Siegbert who can one-round most of them without a sweat. LA Roy main target is to handle squishy mages that keep coming non-stop.

So I beat this once, and then I was all, "Okay. Now let's record." Totally forgot what I did. I know the beginning part of my strategy is the same, but I ended up having to juggle around some skills and seals to complete it again. I really enjoyed myself though. But Lucius's damaged art is going to haunt my dreams. I don't mean to torture him...yet somehow I do... My poor, poor child. I'm surprised Raven hasn't murdered me by now. But yeah. Lucius gets to be the MVP this time around. 

as usual clair saizo gunnthra and b!ike cleared it without much trouble

Clair finished of all mages and armorers and some red sword while saizo took care of the rest. Gunnthra nuked here and there and Bike was just a tacticsbuff bot

@Ginko Yeah, I had the choice between Smite, Reposition and Dance/Sing for the opening. Roy could have killed the sword infantry as well, but he would not take enough damage to proc WoM. 

Your youngsters team managed this map without much problems as well. Hit&Run with Roy getting the most kills at the beginning and Siegbert at the end. Shigure is the only unit I'm missing from this team, it's nice to see him in action. Siegbert is really strong, I should build mine finally, but I want GF fodder first. :-) 

@Rafiel's Aria Glad your team is up to the challenge, Lucius and Micaiah had to tank a lot of stuff. Finally some GF action by Raven, he was more or less unemployed in the last GHB.