Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness (May 14 ~)

Coolmanio

Arvis and his sons, the true Grand Heroes of Jundral. They have no time for petty stat variations.

He's going to be green Arvis isn't he? Since Saias was basically blue Arvis, Julius is going to be green Arvis so you can have a team of Arviss'

Id be fine with this, sad that Naga doesn't beat him out but a team of Arvis, Saias and Julius would be amusing, Every line is ployed

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more wondering what his quotes will be like? Will we have something like Grima, where Loptyr's influence allows us to have more backstory on him? Or will we end up seeing parts of the Julius that was the kind brother Julia once knew?

29 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Arvis and his sons, the true Grand Heroes of Jundral. They have no time for petty stat variations.

He's going to be green Arvis isn't he? Since Saias was basically blue Arvis, Julius is going to be green Arvis so you can have a team of Arviss'

Id be fine with this, sad that Naga doesn't beat him out but a team of Arvis, Saias and Julius would be amusing, Every line is ployed

I really hope not. For Arvis it was their way of mimicking Valflame's stat boosts in a more generally applicable way, and for Saias it made sense because his whole deal was being a tactical genius that used his wits to place enemies at a disadvantage. IIRC, it was also implied he took after his father a lot, in both skills and personality, but my FE4/5 is foggy so don't quote me.

Julius is a big angry dragon possessing a bratty teenager. I guess ruining the enemy's stats wouldn't be super out of character for Loptyr's effect, but given how diametrically opposed he and Arvis were it'd be weird to have them be so similar. That and Saias and Arvis have different C slots, so in the sake of differentiation, I imagine they'd have to give his tome at least somewhat of a different effect, so he could get a ploy other than spd or def.

I'm hoping they go the M!Kana Route and make him super difficult to kill with decent but not great offense, plus def boosting skills. Bracing stance maybe?

I'm still excited for him regardless of what he ends up being, but where as with Saias, I actually thought the similarity to Arvis was a nice touch from a lore PoV, if a little lazy from a design PoV, making Julius similar would just feel like a cop-out.

48 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Yeah, Arvis is a peck neck XD

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm more wondering what his quotes will be like? Will we have something like Grima, where Loptyr's influence allows us to have more backstory on him? Or will we end up seeing parts of the Julius that was the kind brother Julia once knew?

I'm honestly expecting the in game Julius of slightly arrogant and somewhat uncaring about the world, only expecting everyone to do his bidding, Maybe the odd line for his Loptry influence and then one for remembering what hid did to Julia/Deirdre. Then a very much "I AM THE DEMON KING" line for a turn action like Lyon. Yeah I expect the midpoint of Lyon and Grima

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I really hope not. For Arvis it was their way of mimicking Valflame's stat boosts in a more generally applicable way, and for Saias it made sense because his whole deal was being a tactical genius that used his wits to place enemies at a disadvantage. IIRC, it was also implied he took after his father a lot, in both skills and personality, but my FE4/5 is foggy so don't quote me.

I know why they did it with Arvis and yes Saias is his bastard child. But I can see the actual Loptry half damage thing been in the form of a B or A skill somewhat like Dragonskin. It would be cool if the overall thing was a really tanky mage who can just soak damage for days, but it's also why I can see them going for ploys, like Arvis and Saias. On the other hand it could reduce damage from specials to reference his Nihil skill on top of just giving him more res and def. I'm really interested to see what road they take with Julius though. I doubt he'll be a dragon to some upset but since he is only ever calls Loptrys power through said tome.

2 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

I'm honestly expecting the in game Julius of slightly arrogant and somewhat uncaring about the world, only expecting everyone to do his bidding, Maybe the odd line for his Loptry influence and then one for remembering what hid did to Julia/Deirdre. Then a very much "I AM THE DEMON KING" line for a turn action like Lyon. Yeah I expect the midpoint of Lyon and Grima

Thing I noticed about the villains that are personified demons and such, they are generally not fully possessed or shows some human will still. 

In both Grimas' case, it was showing that they had lost all their memories. 

So wonder if the same amnesia thing will kick up on Julius as well? After all, I know that he will show the evil things, but he will more than likely had some calm attitude to show that he isn't fully possessed because he's fighting for the Summoner, ie. the good guy.

I'm expecting Julius to be green. It makes sense she has a neutral match up with Julia/Deirdre (mostly because of the fact in Jugdrall there doesn't exist magic advantage against Light or Dark Magic, they're just plain superior to the rest).

https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/calculations/

Loptyr, ironically, should have a jacked up Divine Tyrfing effect that covers both physical and magical damage and for all hits if faithfulness is in desired here. 

Julius should have rather low defense but Loptyr should make him a Hector-level tank. 

Also, I hope they DON'T HOLD BACK on the TWELVE DARK WARLORDS and put all twelve in. Julius, like Fallen Takumi, is a final boss and should be given justice for such. No reinforcements though, since the original game didn't pack reinforcements. And no Meng, Bleg, and Maybell. They were Ishtar's personal trio. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

(mostly because of the fact in Jugdrall there doesn't exist magic advantage against Light or Dark Magic, they're just plain superior to the rest).

While this is true, Naga negates the bonuses that Loptry gives, so this is why most people think he'll be a blue. It'd be the one that would mean he's beaten out by the tome that trivialise the battle against him

2 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Also, I hope they DON'T HOLD BACK on the TWELVE DARK WARLORDS and put all twelve in.

I think if they start with 3-4 and then bring 2 in every other turn that'd be better. Having 13 units on the enemy team would make it really hard to balance the pull points and map shape in general

1 minute ago, DemolisherBPB said:

While this is true, Naga negates the bonuses that Loptry gives, so this is why most people think he'll be a blue. It'd be the one that would mean he's beaten out by the tome that trivialise the battle against him

I think if they start with 3-4 and then bring 2 in every other turn that'd be better. Having 13 units on the enemy team would make it really hard to balance the pull points and map shape in general

Thing is, they just stand around guarding Julius in the original game. Spawning out of the castle could work, I suppose. Would be great if they really are faithful and give the Axe Fighter Wrath, the Sniper a refined Slaying Bow and Luna, etc. Julius should also have Guard because he has Nihil in the original. Uber-tank mage. 

32 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Having 13 units on the enemy team would make it really hard to balance the pull points and map shape in general

Just start will all 13 units able to attack your entire team.

Like the last floor of FE8's Ruins, but with even closer positions.

37 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Fallen Takumi is a final boss for Fire Emblem Fates:Conquest. 

Oh yeah, forgot evil Takumi was the GHB of the fallen heroes banner, but I didn't forget him otherwise, as we had both Grima and him as playable final bosses before Julius came along. However, Julius would be the first final boss who's NOT an evil version of a playable character, nor playable at all in their home game

8 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Oh yeah, forgot evil Takumi was the GHB of the fallen heroes banner, but I didn't forget him otherwise, as we had both Grima and him as playable final bosses before Julius came along. However, Julius would be the first final boss who's NOT an evil version of a playable character, nor playable at all in their home game

Well, Julius is basically a poor soul possessed by a evil force because.."breeeeding" makes him able to use the book that lets the evil dragon possess him. So he is basically the prototype for Grima...and Lyon...and Takumi. But yeah, no special in-game or endgame content to let you use him though. Alas, FE4 was just simply an older game.

Julius is a really unique unit.

Spoiler

Julius is a red tome infantry user. His tome, Loptous, grants +3 Res and makes him weak againts unit with "weapons effective againts dragons" (Falchions, refined Binding Blade and Naga tomes). If the foe don't have any of these weapons, foe receive - 6 Atk during combat. 

Julius has Draconic Aura, Guard 3 as 5 stars skill, and Atk Ploy 3 as 4 stars skill (which works pretty well with his 35+3 Res). 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Julius is a really unique unit.

Hide contents

Julius is a red tome infantry user. His tome, Loptous, grants +3 Res and makes him weak againts unit with "weapons effective againts dragons" (Falchions, refined Binding Blade and Naga tomes). If the foe don't have any of these weapons, foe receive - 6 Atk during combat. 

Julius has Draconic Aura, Guard 3 as 5 stars skill, and Atk Ploy 3 as 4 stars skill (which works pretty well with his 35+3 Res). 

Pretty interesting indeed, he's made an infantry with the weakness of another type. 

54 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Oh, grief.  They ditched "Loptyr" for the original Japanese name of "Loptous", after I had gotten used to "Loptyr" for some time.

Eh, I'm okay with that honestly.

Also, based on his quotes, he retains most of his corrupted personality, but nothing to suggest why he would be helping us here.

He looks a lot like Summer Leo... which is bad... I'm sure he's considered the worst red mage in the game.

26 minutes ago, Troykv said:

He looks a lot like Summer Leo... which is bad... I'm sure he's considered the worst red mage in the game.

Eh. You can build him up to be a CC mage with decent defense. What's great about him is that he can reduce a foe's atk by 11. His res is so high that he could possibly survive Reinhardt (I have to test that), but chill res really screws him if that's what Reinhardt's running.

Ever since Kana, GHB unit quality has increased, but it's probably just a coincidence

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Eh. You can build him up to be a CC mage with decent defense. What's great about him is that he can reduce a foe's atk by 11. His res is so high that he could possibly survive Reinhardt (I have to test that), but chill res really screws him if that's what Reinhardt's running.

Ever since Kana, GHB unit quality has increased, but it's probably just a coincidence

Eh, GHB units have largely been pretty solid, just not meta-defining.

Lyon and Oliver can be  solid raven mages, Saias and Arvis are great magic tanks and ploy-masters (Arvis can also be a decent healer), Camus is really only worse than other cavs because of no IVs but has innate DD and the stats to actually be decent with it in exchange, Xander has more been powrcrept by the abundance of very strong sword cavs than that he was bad at his release, Valter and Michalis are still some of your best bets for tanky, hard-hitting fliers, Zephiel and Berkut are the best mixed tanks of their weapon and move types, Legion was prior to Basilikos arguably the best offensive axe infantry, and if nothing else, Takumi has Skadi for cheesing PvE content and trolling opposing players who don't move fast enough. The rest are okay at what they do, but don't have as much of a niche. But still, that's a good chunk of the GHBs that are either good to great or have a niche they can fill well.

They were never largely bad; it just seemed like people expected too much from them. It does seem like IS wants to keep the GHBs up with the power creep, too, hence recent ones having boosted BST similar to the new banner units, so I think they might keep them around this level, maybe lower sometimes, but I don't think we'll see a bunch more Navarres.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Eh, GHB units have largely been pretty solid, just not meta-defining.

Lyon and Oliver can be  solid raven mages, Saias and Arvis are great magic tanks and ploy-masters (Arvis can also be a decent healer), Camus is really only worse than other cavs because of no IVs but has innate DD and the stats to actually be decent with it in exchange, Xander has more been powrcrept by the abundance of very strong sword cavs than that he was bad at his release, Valter and Michalis are still some of your best bets for tanky, hard-hitting fliers, Zephiel and Berkut are the best mixed tanks of their weapon and move types, Legion was prior to Basilikos arguably the best offensive axe infantry, and if nothing else, Takumi has Skadi for cheesing PvE content and trolling opposing players who don't move fast enough. The rest are okay at what they do, but don't have as much of a niche. But still, that's a good chunk of the GHBs that are either good to great or have a niche they can fill well.

They were never largely bad; it just seemed like people expected too much from them. It does seem like IS wants to keep the GHBs up with the power creep, too, hence recent ones having boosted BST similar to the new banner units, so I think they might keep them around this level, maybe lower sometimes, but I don't think we'll see a bunch more Navarres.

What I mean is that the recent GHB units seem more impressive, I guess you could say.