FE rebalance: What role for every class?

mangasdeouf

Hi,

I was wondering what the Serenes community was thinking of each class's role. So I made this topic so everyone can give his/her opinion on classes/roles.

What do you think the traditional FE classes are supposed to do? PT (physical tank), MT (magical tank), HT (hybrid tank), ORKO, OS (one punch man), wear down ennemies (giving exp to lowies), staffbot, planebot (carry things from point X to point Y), complete destroyer (most stats are sky high with good caps), dodgetank (sky high avoid), mobile, unmovable (defend units), melee oriented, range oriented (specify range from X to Y tiles away), jack of all trades (very even stats).

This topic could be the starting point of a FE mod if there are enough answers.

Please respect each other and everyone's opinion, everyone has his/her own view of the game and this is what makes such topic interesting.

PS: by traditional classes, I mean classes that existed from the GBA games, and classes that can be made into GBA games classes from 3DS games (like dark knight/mage knight). Don't hesitate to suggest weapons available for classes you want to change.

Edit: Seeing nobody answers, I'll begin: Archer would be a class with very high skill and high strength instead of speed, higher str cap but lower spd cap, with maybe 2-3 base range and 2-4 or 3-4 for long bows. Sniper follows the archer path while bow knight/ranger is faster, tankier and has less str and a little less skl. 6 move sniper/8 move ranger.

Mages have no more 1-2 range, but 2 range only and more long range spells varying in power and accuracy. They're more siege-oriented, like archers. We could make mage knights awakening's dark knights or on the contrary let them squishy and make them more oriented to kill low hp targets while sages are more suited for the battlefield, what do you think of it? Maybe a few books could deal physical damage and have 1 range for the battle mages, so they can answer 1 range weapons?

Edited by mangasdeouf

• 1 month later...

Archer: High str, skill and luck

Average def, hp and res

Low spd, mag

Myrmidon: High spd, skill and luck 

Average mag and str

Low def and res

Fighter: High hp, str def

Average mag and res

Low luck and skl

Brigand: High skl luck and res

Average spd and str

Low def and hp

Thief: High spd, luck and res

Average skl and mag

Low hp and def

On 10/06/2018 at 12:32 PM, TheEncoreBee said:

Archer: High str, skill and luck

Average def, hp and res

Low spd, mag

Myrmidon: High spd, skill and luck 

Average mag and str

Low def and res

Fighter: High hp, str def

Average mag and res

Low luck and skl

Brigand: High skl luck and res

Average spd and str

Low def and hp

Thief: High spd, luck and res

Average skl and mag

Low hp and def

Original. So Fighter would be a physical high damage low accuracy tank, brigand would be a crit avoiding mage killer? Thieves would be the like of dread fighters? And archers the same poking annoying ones as in Fates (well, Takumi with his personnal bow converted into higher strength).

Well, after thinking of it it seems quite interesting and why not? I was thinking more of the pirates for mage killers rather than brigands but it's quite similar (also HIGH res surprised me, I'd think of a higher base and growth than usual physical units but not of a troubadour-level of res, but why not? at least they'd have one role).

Also the low skill Fighter vs high skill brigand surprises me since berserkers are supposed to lack skill more than warriors generally speaking (and have as much if not more strength, with slightly better speed).