What Nintendo Warriors do you want next (Not counting sequels)

Jedi

20 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

This is all I can imagine when you say "Valkyria Chronicles Warriors":

2BPaLPA.png

HERE'S EDY!

And I'm honestly all for that.

That's exactly what it would be, and she would be my main. I would only swap from her when the game made me swap. Gods I'm still hyped for VC4 and they better bring over the Edy and squad 7 dlc.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not too many options honestly, and not a ton that make sense at that.

The most likely options are, what? Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Xenoblade, Star Fox, Kirby...

To date, as far as I'm aware, all Warriors games have been done with human or humanoid characters, so while it's not impossible, I feel like a Pokemon or Kirby Warriors game is fairly unlikely. Star Fox characters (alongside games like F-Zero) are all more or less interchangeable with each other and the characters don't have a ton to work with individually. Nintendo is really picky with Mario, and I don't know if they'd want the characters in a Warriors crossover. I personally don't feel like it's a super natural fit like Zelda and Fire Emblem. Metroid has some characters it could use, but most of them are from the Prime side of the series, which Nintendo is iffy with sometimes, and Koei Tecmo already worked on a Metroid game at one point with the much maligned Other M. Kid Icarus or Xenoblade are probably the likeliest options, I'd think. Xenoblade has a lot to pull from, and is a newer series that Nintendo has been happy to push forward recently with XBX and XB2 coming out relatively close to each other. 

I'd say it's much more likely to get a FE Warriors sequel or Hyrule Warriors sequel before a different series getting one, especially since Fire Emblem has so many more games to tap into.

Edited by dmurr

To dig up an older series, I wouldn't mind seeing Golden Sun pop up on the radar again and a Warriors game could be a way to breath a bit of new life into the series.

...Yeah, it'll almost certainly never happen, but I can dream.

12 hours ago, dmurr said:

Koei Tecmo already worked on a Metroid game at one point with the much maligned Other M

FUDGE I FORGOT TEAM NINJA WORKED ON OTHER M TOO
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT

Edited by SoulWeaver

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

ABORT
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT

Team ninja did the only decent part of Other M the gameplay, the plot is entirely the main Metroid people's fault.

Personally, I'd love to have a Kirby Warriors. With the Helpers, there are a lot of characters that could have some interesting movesets.

On 09/05/2018 at 8:08 PM, NinjaMonkey said:

I'd imagine the playable roster would be really small, though. Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Viridi and Phosphora for a total of seven characters.

There's also: T(h)anatos, Magnus, Gaol, Poseidon, Pyrrhon, the Chariot Master, Dyntos, Pandora, Cragalanche, Arlon, and Orcos (also the Fighters from Uprising's Multiplayer as possible skins for Pit and Dark Pit). Plus the OCs that Koei will probably add. They could also do what Hyrule Warriors did: having some characters with more than one moveset. There's plenty of Weapon Variety thanks to Uprising.

29 minutes ago, Luankachu said:

There's also: T(h)anatos, Magnus, Gaol, Poseidon, Pyrrhon, the Chariot Master, Dyntos, Pandora, Cragalanche, Arlon, and Orcos (also the Fighters from Uprising's Multiplayer as possible skins for Pit and Dark Pit). Plus the OCs that Koei will probably add. They could also do what Hyrule Warriors did: having some characters with more than one moveset. There's plenty of Weapon Variety thanks to Uprising.

It seems to me that you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for some of those suggestions. Also, I've already said what my opinion of OC's are earlier in this thread.

I'm actually fine if they didn't make any more Nintendo Warriors. Mario seems ill-suited for it, and Pokemon is a hydra, at poor as its combat is, Rumble is probably for the best since it lets everyone in, Warriors is too complicated for that. Metroid lacks for characters, as does Kid Icarus, although KT did make a Warriors game with a cast of only 8 playables once. DK and Star Fox are even worse in this regard. Earthbound/Mother is long in the grave.

I guess Xeno could work, and I wouldn't mind Elma, Melia, Dunban, and Murderess (not like she actually has a chance) being playable. 

Speaking of Kid Icarus, I wouldn't mind if for a sequel they focused on humans over gods. Not to deny the gods a place, Hades not pulling some strings or Viridi not doing anything is absurd (and Sakurai I think really likes her- if he worked on it again- he doesn't like repeat work). However, the emphasis is shifted to humans fighting each other or against the gods including Palutena even if she means well. KI:U largely put humans in the background, Magnus and.... Dis(?) were the only ones shown. The demigods and plays of Greco-Roman myth provide some to human models to toy with. Although to be fair, I partly just want Heury (a none-too-fleshed out mortal Hermes I fanficted).

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Team ninja did the only decent part of Other M the gameplay, the plot is entirely the main Metroid people's fault.

Except very few Metroid fans I know make that distinction(out of those I know who agree the gameplay was ok, which is also smaller than I thought it would be) - generally I hear Nintendo blamed for the bad plotline and Team Ninja blamed for literally everything else. Either way, I want as few reminders that Other M exists as possible to keep the fanbase from losing their minds.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Except very few Metroid fans I know make that distinction(out of those I know who agree the gameplay was ok, which is also smaller than I thought it would be) - generally I hear Nintendo blamed for the bad plotline and Team Ninja blamed for literally everything else. Either way, I want as few reminders that Other M exists as possible to keep the fanbase from losing their minds.

Just remind them Federation Force exists and they'll forget all about it for a few moments of alternative salt and rage.

Kid Icarus Warriors would definitely have my vote. It doesn't have the status of either Zelda or even Fire Emblem but it does fit the Warriors brand to a T. The new Kid Icarus thrives on charm which is exactly what the Warriors series puts into its characters and Pit has been directly described as a one man army in his own game. The world of of Kid Icarus is also so wacky that coming up with Oc's would be very easy and rewarding. 

16 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

ABORT
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT

From what I've heard 99% of it was due to Sakamoto being a control freak, though. Not saying letting Team Ninja have free reign wouldn't have resulted in its own issues, but the overall state of the game and its writing (and even the direction of the English voicework) was due to Sakamoto being involved in everything.

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

...eh...worth a shot.

And if that doesn't work, AM2R VS Samus Returns.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Kid Icarus Warriors would definitely have my vote. It doesn't have the status of either Zelda or even Fire Emblem but it does fit the Warriors brand to a T. The new Kid Icarus thrives on charm which is exactly what the Warriors series puts into its characters and Pit has been directly described as a one man army in his own game. The world of of Kid Icarus is also so wacky that coming up with Oc's would be very easy and rewarding. 

This is especially funny in light of WO4 delving into Greek mythology a bit itself.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

From what I've heard 99% of it was due to Sakamoto being a control freak, though. Not saying letting Team Ninja have free reign wouldn't have resulted in its own issues, but the overall state of the game and its writing (and even the direction of the English voicework) was due to Sakamoto being involved in everything.

Interesting, learn something new every day. Wonder how it would have gone otherwise...

Meanwhile, your Avatar made me wonder if they could make a Gunvolt Warriors work. It would probably be difficult due in part to how Gunvolt's mechanics work(shoot an enemy to tag then shock the monkey with GV or full on sprint right into an enemy and jump off his head before filling him full of holes with Copen), but due to the largely unexplored(outside of Japan-only stuff anyways) possibilities of different kinds of Septima, they'd have almost no shortage of potential movesets - I mean, Adepts can range from simple explosion-creating guys like Viper to people like Teseo, who can literally rewrite reality, to Zonda, who supposedly switched genders at least once a day while in Sumeragi, to Elise, who zombified an entire underground facility's staff after they made her more aggressive with those experiments, to Desna, who makes Rapunzel look like Sigma from Megaman X in terms of hair, to Stratos, who is literally made out of bugs...and that's maybe a quarter of the Adepts we see in the Gunvolt games alone, which can't be the entirety of the Adepts in the world. Maybe we'd finally see Zeno do something for a change.

Yeah Team Ninja is usually just involved in gameplay they get a general bad rep just from being involved with Dead Or Alive,

Reminds me of people being worried that Zelda would be a and I quote "busty whore" in Hyrule Warriors just from the news of Team Ninja despite as I mentioned gameplay is their thing.

Meanwhile, your Avatar made me wonder if they could make a Gunvolt Warriors work. It would probably be difficult due in part to how Gunvolt's mechanics work(shoot an enemy to tag then shock the monkey with GV or full on sprint right into an enemy and jump off his head before filling him full of holes with Copen), but due to the largely unexplored(outside of Japan-only stuff anyways) possibilities of different kinds of Septima, they'd have almost no shortage of potential movesets - I mean, Adepts can range from simple explosion-creating guys like Viper to people like Teseo, who can literally rewrite reality, to Zonda, who supposedly switched genders at least once a day while in Sumeragi, to Elise, who zombified an entire underground facility's staff after they made her more aggressive with those experiments, to Desna, who makes Rapunzel look like Sigma from Megaman X in terms of hair, to Stratos, who is literally made out of bugs...and that's maybe a quarter of the Adepts we see in the Gunvolt games alone, which can't be the entirety of the Adepts in the world. Maybe we'd finally see Zeno do something for a change.

While a Gunvolt Warriors would be great, 90% of the cast are villains and while playing as villains is nothing new in Warriors games, having the main roster consist of mostly that would be strange. Although that would actually be a refreshing change of pace.

Though i would much rather see a Gunvolt fighters as that series fits the genre well (see: Gunvolt in Indie Pogo and Blade Strangers)

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

While a Gunvolt Warriors would be great, 90% of the cast are villains and while playing as villains is nothing new in Warriors games, having the main roster consist of mostly that would be strange. Although that would actually be a refreshing change of pace.

Ok, so here's the plan: Basically, Gunvolt Warriors would focus around the conflict between Sumeragi and Eden, which has supposedly been going on for some time by the time GV1 starts. The main roster would mostly consist of previously-unheard-of Adept OCs of varying Septimal powers - I'm still waiting for Adept The Flash, whose Septima makes him move faster than the world around him, for one - mixed with a couple of the elder Adepts from the games, such as Younger Asimov, and some other important non-Adepts such as Dr. Kamizono.

19 hours ago, Jedi said:

Reminds me of people being worried that Zelda would be a and I quote "busty whore" in Hyrule Warriors just from the news of Team Ninja despite as I mentioned gameplay is their thing.

Well....its not like Hyrule Warriors lacked in the ''busty whore'' department :):

2a7bfde661267e30cf736cb874980a94.png

Ok, so here's the plan: Basically, Gunvolt Warriors would focus around the conflict between Sumeragi and Eden, which has supposedly been going on for some time by the time GV1 starts. The main roster would mostly consist of previously-unheard-of Adept OCs of varying Septimal powers - I'm still waiting for Adept The Flash, whose Septima makes him move faster than the world around him, for one - mixed with a couple of the elder Adepts from the games, such as Younger Asimov, and some other important non-Adepts such as Dr. Kamizono.

I mean, it sounds cool but i wouldn't want a roster full of OCs. Takes the fun out of the crossover Warriors thing imo.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well....its not like Hyrule Warriors lacked in the ''busty whore'' department :):

2a7bfde661267e30cf736cb874980a94.png

I know haha, it's just funny they expected everyone in the game to look like this, I don't particularly count Cia because she was an OC.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

Warriors May Cry. It's a combination too perfect for words.

Their styles of Hack N Slash clash so hard it wouldn't be perfect at all.

Warriors is about multitasking and being a demigod 

Devil May Cry is about style and skill. The only reason Ryu Hayabusa worked in Orochi 3 despite his games being about quick kills and skill, is because he was a cameo not a focused part of the crossover. A pure Ninja Gaiden warriors would lose everything that made modern ninja gaiden modern ninja gaiden since its in the same genre.

A DMC Warriors wouldn't get too much praise from the DMC community at large either, a big reason Warriors crossovers work is because its putting a series that doesn't have a game in that style, and giving the Warriors side of things a different franchise spin on their established formula.

The DMC community also dislikes Warriors generally from my experience of interacting with them.

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, Ezrius said:

What if it was Capcom?  Megaman/Megaman X Warriors?

Featuring Barret from Mega Man Legends 3!

Capcom X Warriors (so Capcom's usual array of franchises plus whatever other companies would agree to tag along) might be feasible, there was the recent Koei intracompany crossover Warriors title Warriors All-Stars.