Bound Hero Battle: Heirs of Light (Seliph & Julia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

3 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I do, though the only one I've ever pulled is -spd (and even that's not too bad between sacred seals and in her case chill speed and being part of my water blessing team with Fjorm). Beloved Zofia is very nice (while regular Celica appreciates the extra attack and speed, Fallen Celica appreciates the extra bulk, and that +3 def is always nice (and also the reason why I say regular Celica just needs a stat refine: her effect is fine but missing that stat boost newer weapons also have hurts)), as is Chill Speed.

@Usana Marisa is the best

Ouch, that bane hurts. Hmm I never took into consideration that she can be bulky, perhaps I should switch out LnD2 for Fury. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Cordelia certainly destroys Zelgius now, but before Chill Def (when she had Desperation because I was following build guides instead of coming with my own builds) he usually survived with 1~5 HP and OHKO'd her back with Black Luna, that pissed me off so much that I sacrificed the second BK!Chrom I had just to ensure I'd destroy him every single time. 

You had 2 BK!Chroms? I wish I had 1. But you did the right thing, expensive skills take best effect on main units like your Eirika. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Spd Ploy sounds tempting, Chill Spd not so much as I wouldn't kill any Celica because I have 0 of them and I'd like at least 1 which is likely to be the CYL2 one if they give one for free again. Eirika can reach up to 61 Spd with Speed Tactic (whenever I get it), Fjorm's blessing and ally support which seems like a lot but it can't double Spd demons like Ayra/Mia and some Ninos. I'll look into it! Thanks!

I'm curious if it works, ploys are sometimes hard to apply. With all those chill skills in arena, perhaps it would be a good idea to bring one unit with harsh command. 

Good luck getting your Celicas!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ginko I do indeed have a standard Reinhardt with both anti Sword and Lance loadouts as options. I just don't particularly like using him so he isn't on any of my standard teams. He will, however, get broken out if I get desperate about finishing something. I take it he can actually torch Seliph in a single volley? Would have made the constant retreat unneeded, but I did actually enjoy performing said fighting retreat even though I normally dislike having to fall back on dancers.

@kirauza343 I really do need to use Marisa more. She quite often ends up performing much better than expected whenever I field my water team. Sadly my red foot sword needs are nearly always filled by my +10 Eirika.

Went Flier Emblem with this one—OG Hinoka (Fury + Desperation + Galeforce + Prf Lance) and Cherche (Death Blow + Brave Axe) doing the dirty work, and WF Hinoka opening up the map by exploiting the space in the middle accessible only to fliers. From that point, it was all about repositioning to take out the corresponding threats.

I see no way I can beat infernal with any units I have. My horses are my best and they can't do it, so this map is way too hard imo. A lot of these are, in fact. And I still stand by that they should be a bit easier for those who aren't whales/expert players/players who don't or can't have a lot of great teams. But I know some people don't agree with me, of course.

I don't want to completely avoid infernal difficulty entirely though, as I don't want to miss out on all of those useful rewards. But I'm forced to sometimes because of the ridiculous difficulty and I don't like that.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I see no way I can beat infernal with any units I have. My horses are my best and they can't do it, so this map is way too hard imo. A lot of these are, in fact. And I still stand by that they should be a bit easier for those who aren't whales/expert players/players who don't or can't have a lot of great teams. But I know some people don't agree with me, of course.

I don't want to completely avoid infernal difficulty entirely though, as I don't want to miss out on all of those useful rewards. But I'm forced to sometimes because of the ridiculous difficulty and I don't like that.

Check out PM1"s F2P guide on Youtube, the fist one he does has no SI and used L!Ike with QR SS, the 5* G!Marth, 4*Olivia and 4*Clarisse.  You should be able to use this video because I know you love Ike and the IVs on Olivia don't matter since all she does is dance Clarisse out of the way a few times.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Not to seem rude or anything, but this is kind of an observation I've made. You have a tendency to post about these maps being too difficult or just plain impossible for you. Someone will try to help, and by time someone else tries to offer help, you've usually figured it out. You could probably get a lot of these rewards quicker if you simply posted the strategies/characters you've been trying to use (or characters you're willing to use) and asking for help. 

37 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Check out PM1"s F2P guide on Youtube, the fist one he does has no SI and used L!Ike with QR SS, the 5* G!Marth, 4*Olivia and 4*Clarisse.  You should be able to use this video because I know you love Ike and the IVs on Olivia don't matter since all she does is dance Clarisse out of the way a few times.

Thanks, but I don't really like using those much. Even if all Olivia did was dance, her IVs and skills would still matter because depending on the setup, the enemies could behave differently and I get this a lot when trying to use those videos.

Occasionally they help, but not often.

Besides, what's the point of training up a lot of other 5 star units if I'm just going to use FTP units for the challenges all the time instead?

36 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Not to seem rude or anything, but this is kind of an observation I've made. You have a tendency to post about these maps being too difficult or just plain impossible for you. Someone will try to help, and by time someone else tries to offer help, you've usually figured it out. You could probably get a lot of these rewards quicker if you simply posted the strategies/characters you've been trying to use (or characters you're willing to use) and asking for help. 

Nah, you're not being rude. I can see where you're coming from. I don't always figure it out on my own though. Sometimes I do, yes, but that's only maybe half the time? And I would ask for help, but I've tried this many times with my horse team and nothing works. I don't have any team better than this one either, so I'm not sure how I can be helped.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks, but I don't really like using those much. Even if all Olivia did was dance, her IVs and skills would still matter because depending on the setup, the enemies could behave differently and I get this a lot when trying to use those videos.

Occasionally they help, but not often.

Besides, what's the point of training up a lot of other 5 star units if I'm just going to use FTP units for the challenges all the time instead?

Nah, you're not being rude. I can see where you're coming from. I don't always figure it out on my own though. Sometimes I do, yes, but that's only maybe half the time? And I would ask for help, but I've tried this many times with my horse team and nothing works. I don't have any team better than this one either, so I'm not sure how I can be helped.

In response to your first thing, I see no problem with using f2p units to beat something. I've done it. In fact, I had to do it when Berkut's map first came out. Using your favorite promoted characters to clear content is suposed to be fun not a punishment. You're not supposed to deny yourself rewards just because you haven't figured out a strategy. 

If you don't want help, that's fine. Someone has already offered some. I say it's better to get the rewards and then worry about clearing the content the way you want to clear it. But you probably shouldn't complain when you can probably do the maps with help. I might know a way similar to my strategy in which you might be able to use a DC red unit. 

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

In response to your first thing, I see no problem with using f2p units to beat something. I've done it. In fact, I had to do it when Berkut's map first came out. Using your favorite promoted characters to clear content is suposed to be fun not a punishment. You're not supposed to deny yourself rewards just because you haven't figured out a strategy. 

If you don't want help, that's fine. Someone has already offered some. I say it's better to get the rewards and then worry about clearing the content the way you want to clear it. But you probably shouldn't complain when you can probably do the maps with help. I might know a way similar to my strategy in which you might be able to use a DC red unit. 

Sure, there's no problem with using those sometimes. But I feel like I have to do it all the time when the very reason I trained up my 5 star units is to be able to clear these challenges.

Hey, I wish I could be helped. But sometimes the help offered doesn't work, you know? But that's not anyone's fault. I always appreciate attempts to help.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

My Olivia has different IVs then the one the F2P videos use  and is merged she is +8, but in the one I recommended it did not matter.  The reason why it uses G!Marth is so he can buff L!Ike.  Most of the units except the blues can be taken out by buffed L!Ike.  So if you have a buffer, a dancer and an archer with L!Ike you should be able to do it.  I have trouble with the F2P videos some times myself, the thing with them is they are a guide that gives you an idea of who you do have might be useful to beat a map.  I went through doing infernal again using L!Ike with QR SS, 5*G!Marth with spur spd SS, 4*+8 Olivia (with just her standard hone atk 3 skill) and 4* +atk Klein just to prove to myself that I could do it with another archer.  It went smoothly with that team as well.  You could probably do it with 4*G!Marth as long as he is level 40 and has learned rally spd/def.  I can't test that out right now because my 4* Marth is at level 20 right now so you would have try for yourself.  I am only trying to help since you seem to have trouble with infernal and I know you only use certain units.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

My Olivia has different IVs then the one the F2P videos use  and is merged she is +8, but in the one I recommended it did not matter.  The reason why it uses G!Marth is so he can buff L!Ike.  Most of the units except the blues can be taken out by buffed L!Ike.  So if you have a buffer, a dancer and an archer with L!Ike you should be able to do it.  I have trouble with the F2P videos some times myself, the thing with them is they are a guide that gives you an idea of who you do have might be useful to beat a map.  I went through doing infernal again using L!Ike with QR SS, 5*G!Marth with spur spd SS, 4*+8 Olivia (with just her standard hone atk 3 skill) and 4* +atk Klein just to prove to myself that I could do it with another archer.  It went smoothly with that team as well.  You could probably do it with 4*G!Marth as long as he is level 40 and has learned rally spd/def.  I can't test that out right now because my 4* Marth is at level 20 right now so you would have try for yourself.  I am only trying to help since you seem to have trouble with infernal and I know you only use certain units.

Yeah, I know, and I appreciate your effort. But if I feel like it, I'll try your idea.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @NegativeExponents-

So kinda sad I didn't get to do a themed clear of Lyoma's Legendary banner in time (was too busy early when it came out). I would be so close but be overwhelmed at the end with the blue mage and melee units and Shiro being -Def. So instead, here is my would-be Hoshido themed clear against Seliph and Julia instead.

Team is +Def/-Spd Legendary Ryoma, neutral New Year Azura, +Res/-Def Sakura and +1 +Atk/-Def Shiro

Music is "The last blade before daybreak" from the Last Blade arranged soundtrack

Again, Shiro's -Def isn't doing him any favours. Had to equip Guard since the Wo Lance user KOs him with the special charge. Also Ignis is used to ORKO Seliph straight away.

I'll comment on everyone's vids when I come back

@mcsilas I got one more Shiro today after a bunch of Oboroes have been sent home. He is +Def/- Res. I knew you need this one, trade with me lol. 

I'm a little jealous, that Lyoma looks so cool but I skipped his banner anyway as he will come back next month.

This Hoshido theme team is consist of father and son as frontline with 2 aunts as support.

Edited by Ginko

I also decided to try my hand at recording a clear of this Bound Hero Battle!

Klein and Azura reached S Support during the Tempest Trial where Klein was a bonus unit, and I didn't want to break them up to record this video. Its effect can be replaced with an Attack+1 seal on Klein; None of the other boosts are needed in this battle.

Okay, replying to old videos now that I have time

@Zeo Nice clear as always, tanking Matthew is always great to see.

@Ginko Nice revised clear! Everyone looking pretty healthy in the end! Also I forgot to mention but nice Persona music use on your first video :D

@NegativeExponents- Nice clear of Leo's retainers and Hector's retainers (?)! Any Odin video is a good video! Rogue Dagger and Bladetome make a nice combo!

Anyway I reuploaded my vid since I forgot to add music in the first bit. Also can't edit my posts anyway to fix it.

@mcsilas I thought there was no way Flying Ryoma would survive that Brave Lance but oh boy was I wrong. He’s actually sturdy.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Nice clear of Leo's retainers and Hector's retainers (?)!

Leo’s and Hector’s retainers? Wha.... *checks video again* oh I guess I did use them. Didn’t really dawn on me. Sorta makes sense since Leo and Hector are my favorite lords from their respective game.

9 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mcsilas I thought there was no way Flying Ryoma would survive that Brave Lance but oh boy was I wrong. He’s actually sturdy.

Leo’s and Hector’s retainers? Wha.... *checks video again* oh I guess I did use them. Didn’t really dawn on me. Sorta makes sense since Leo and Hector are my favorite lords from their respective game.

Well, being +Def with the Close Def seal helped.

Also Hagoita, Drive Def SS and Def Tactic (although this last one wasn't active at the time).

It was actually amazing during the Legendary Ryoma battle- with Iote's shield who survived the first few waves of the lance fighter, green mage, the left archer and the Smoke Dagger thief. The darn Miracle on the Slaying Bow archer was annoying though so I couldn't ORKO it but Ryoma could survive no problem- he just had problems with enemy special charged Ryoma (cheater) and the blue mage so I couldn't complete that run.

I decided to try that idea with RD Ike, but it does not work at all. The map cheats and has the healer double and kill him even though her speed never goes high enough for that. Even with buffs. Ike's speed is buffed to where she shouldn't be able to double him. Her Spd goes up to 38 because of her skllset and Seliph buffing her, and Ike's goes up to 34. No other units are near the healer at this point. So this is either a bug or IS intentionally cheated here.

So I don't know what to do now.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I decided to try that idea with RD Ike, but it does not work at all. The map cheats and has the healer double and kill him even though her speed never goes high enough for that. Even with buffs. Ike's speed is buffed to where she shouldn't be able to double him. Her Spd goes up to 38 because of her skllset and Seliph buffing her, and Ike's goes up to 34. No other units are near the healer at this point. So this is either a bug or IS intentionally cheated here.

So I don't know what to do now.

Check for Drive skills. Or if she has Swordbreaker.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Check for Drive skills. Or if she has Swordbreaker.

I did. And I did. And I'm pretty sure healers can't have breaker skills anyway.

EDIT: Oh, they can. But this healer didn't have one.

Edited by Anacybele