Fire Emblem - Genealogy 2nd Generation Remake [V. 1.5]

Yang Kai

About those archers.

I haven't played the game yet, only watched MK404's stream, but I've noticed that even their Aid reflects their cavalier-like behaviour. Aid for archers, as you surely know, is supposed to be (Con - 1), but I've noticed that it is (25 - Con) instead, like a male cavalier's.

I don't know anything about hacking but maybe this helps.

EDIT: I just realized MK has already highlighted this fact in his stream. Whoops. Either way, this game is promising so I hope you'll be able to continue soon.

Edited by ShadowYoshi
Correction

J...Julius?

OhBrother.thumb.png.30ae6b1ebf12c63c4ccf3438eaaa8b77.png

I really dislike stuff like the Briggid twist for lessening the impact of the Barhara Massacre, but I can't help but love this Arden appearance, because it's just so damn plausible. I'd like it if he had another weapon in addition to swords though, faithfulness be damned. He might not have promoted in those twenty years, but he could have taken some archery lessons.

RE: Chapter 3: I don't think it's intentional, but you can get two Shamshirs, one from Johalva and one from the village, though you need to rescue the mercenary to get the one on the village. The plot heavily indicates its the same sword. Also Larcei daughter of Lex. Do Johan and Johalva not know she's their cousin, or is  it huray for more incest?

Strange choice having Evyel with Leif in Leinster. Is that planned for the full version? She doesn't seem to have any lines, so maybe not. I guess it'd be kind of odd to have her join at Munster without properly establishing her arc first, but does this also mean there won't be a Veld and Raydrick fight (also, she shouldn't have Astra. Not from Isaac)? Is this the only bit of Thracia 776 that will get it's way in? Also, I felt the dozen or so name drops in the opening to the chapter felt very forced. I think it's better to leave that stuff to character conversations or something. I just can't imagine real people listing off their friends like that. Also...no Xavier?

Edited by Jotari

On 01/06/2018 at 7:40 AM, ShadowYoshi said:

About those archers.

I haven't played the game yet, only watched MK404's stream, but I've noticed that even their Aid reflects their cavalier-like behaviour. Aid for archers, as you surely know, is supposed to be (Con - 1), but I've noticed that it is (25 - Con) instead, like a male cavalier's.

I don't know anything about hacking but maybe this helps.

EDIT: I just realized MK has already highlighted this fact in his stream. Whoops. Either way, this game is promising so I hope you'll be able to continue soon.

yeah I know that as well, I fixed it in my current one.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

J...Julius?

OhBrother.thumb.png.30ae6b1ebf12c63c4ccf3438eaaa8b77.png

I really dislike stuff like the Briggid twist for lessening the impact of the Barhara Massacre, but I can't help but love this Arden appearance, because it's just so damn plausible. I'd like it if he had another weapon in addition to swords though, faithfulness be damned. He might not have promoted in those twenty years, but he could have taken some archery lessons.

RE: Chapter 3: I don't think it's intentional, but you can get two Shamshirs, one from Johalva and one from the village, though you need to rescue the mercenary to get the one on the village. The plot heavily indicates its the same sword. Also Larcei daughter of Lex. Do Johan and Johalva not know she's their cousin, or is  it huray for more incest?

Strange choice having Evyel with Leif in Leinster. Is that planned for the full version? She doesn't seem to have any lines, so maybe not. I guess it'd be kind of odd to have her join at Munster without properly establishing her arc first, but does this also mean there won't be a Veld and Raydrick fight (also, she shouldn't have Astra. Not from Isaac)? Is this the only bit of Thracia 776 that will get it's way in? Also, I felt the dozen or so name drops in the opening to the chapter felt very forced. I think it's better to leave that stuff to character conversations or something. I just can't imagine real people listing off their friends like that. Also...no Xavier?

```J...Julius?```

Oh, vanilla death messages still, thanks for remembering me to change them.

```I really dislike stuff like the Briggid twist for lessening the impact of the Barhara Massacre, but I can't help but love this Arden appearance, because it's just so damn plausible. I'd like it if he had another weapon in addition to swords though, faithfulness be damned. He might not have promoted in those twenty years, but he could have taken some archery lessons.```

Don't worry, I'll keep Arden and him being level 9 means that only another level and he should be able to promote using the Master Seal I'll give in chapter 6

```RE: Chapter 3: I don't think it's intentional, but you can get two Shamshirs, one from Johalva and one from the village, though you need to rescue the mercenary to get the one on the village. The plot heavily indicates its the same sword. Also Larcei daughter of Lex. Do Johan and Johalva not know she's their cousin, or is  it huray for more incest?```

That's not intentional, I thought I had locked the village tile didn't I damn me not replaying the chapter againg after fixing it. Also neither Johan nor Johalva do know of that, and well, Dannan's mother isn't the same as Lex's so I think it's not that bad... Is it?

```Strange choice having Evyel with Leif in Leinster. Is that planned for the full version? She doesn't seem to have any lines, so maybe not. I guess it'd be kind of odd to have her join at Munster without properly establishing her arc first, but does this also mean there won't be a Veld and Raydrick fight (also, she shouldn't have Astra. Not from Isaac)? Is this the only bit of Thracia 776 that will get it's way in? Also, I felt the dozen or so name drops in the opening to the chapter felt very forced. I think it's better to leave that stuff to character conversations or something. I just can't imagine real people listing off their friends like that. Also...no Xavier?```

Eyvel is going to be, let's say I surprise, once the next demo is up you should probably know of her destiny hehe. She really shouldn't have Astra, that's because the Swordmaster class has it and the current gaiden chapter is only a wip preview of what's to come. There will be more of Thracia that will get in, a lot. I should probably rename this hack to Jugdral saga, or something like that. The dozen name drops are required to stablish a certain character's motivations that will appear in chapter 5.  ̶X̶a̶v̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶u̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶, in all seriousness, Xavier is probably not going to be better than Arden(early armour with good bases and growths) neither Hanibal(latagame armour with good bases but bad growths), and him being a General alrady is quite concercing balance-wise(yeah, I gave a Lvl10 Swordmaster Eyvel and Finn, but Eyvel is a special case) but I think I can work around to make Xavier usable, at least for the chapter he's supposed to join.

Thanks for the feedback.

10 minutes ago, Yang Kai said:

yeah I know that as well, I fixed it in my current one.

```J...Julius?```

Oh, vanilla death messages still, thanks for remembering me to change them.

```I really dislike stuff like the Briggid twist for lessening the impact of the Barhara Massacre, but I can't help but love this Arden appearance, because it's just so damn plausible. I'd like it if he had another weapon in addition to swords though, faithfulness be damned. He might not have promoted in those twenty years, but he could have taken some archery lessons.```

Don't worry, I'll keep Arden and him being level 9 means that only another level and he should be able to promote using the Master Seal I'll give in chapter 6

```RE: Chapter 3: I don't think it's intentional, but you can get two Shamshirs, one from Johalva and one from the village, though you need to rescue the mercenary to get the one on the village. The plot heavily indicates its the same sword. Also Larcei daughter of Lex. Do Johan and Johalva not know she's their cousin, or is  it huray for more incest?```

That's not intentional, I thought I had locked the village tile didn't I damn me not replaying the chapter againg after fixing it. Also neither Johan nor Johalva do know of that, and well, Dannan's mother isn't the same as Lex's so I think it's not that bad... Is it?

```Strange choice having Evyel with Leif in Leinster. Is that planned for the full version? She doesn't seem to have any lines, so maybe not. I guess it'd be kind of odd to have her join at Munster without properly establishing her arc first, but does this also mean there won't be a Veld and Raydrick fight (also, she shouldn't have Astra. Not from Isaac)? Is this the only bit of Thracia 776 that will get it's way in? Also, I felt the dozen or so name drops in the opening to the chapter felt very forced. I think it's better to leave that stuff to character conversations or something. I just can't imagine real people listing off their friends like that. Also...no Xavier?```

Eyvel is going to be, let's say I surprise, once the next demo is up you should probably know of her destiny hehe. She really shouldn't have Astra, that's because the Swordmaster class has it and the current gaiden chapter is only a wip preview of what's to come. There will be more of Thracia that will get in, a lot. I should probably rename this hack to Jugdral saga, or something like that. The dozen name drops are required to stablish a certain character's motivations that will appear in chapter 5.  ̶X̶a̶v̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶u̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶, in all seriousness, Xavier is probably not going to be better than Arden(early armour with good bases and growths) neither Hanibal(latagame armour with good bases but bad growths), and him being a General alrady is quite concercing balance-wise(yeah, I gave a Lvl10 Swordmaster Eyvel and Finn, but Eyvel is a special case) but I think I can work around to make Xavier usable, at least for the chapter he's supposed to join.

Thanks for the feedback.

Well recall Xavier has a high bow rank in Thracia, so making him a dedicated bow knight could be a way of giving him a unique niche to distinguish him from the other Armours (like Heroes should). Or at worst, make him an actual boss in the level that you can't recruit, because who seriously has the will power to get him without abusing save states or expending all their resources?

Thracia Spoilers

Spoiler

When it comes to other Thracia characters to be included, I'd reccomend Miranda. She's actually super important for the plot and lore of Thracia 776. Basically the Sonya of Thracia's 776 (in that she's optional, yet way more plot relevant than her counterpart), but gets pretty overlooked because that games Deen his cooler for knowing Claude and using Staves. Leif's whole motivation to reclaim Ulster, the assault that gets Dorias killed and starts a shift in Leif's character, is all because of an obligation he feels for Miranda. Yet in the more popular and difficult A route, she's just replaced by some random villager that makes Leif seem way rasher in his stupid decision making.

Also I think Arthur should have a Wind Tome like in the original game. I know you've made him Azelle's son, but regardless of his lineage, he's always from Sileese, and I believe Levin actually trained him with magic, so Wind just makes sense for him.

Lastly, I concur with the report that Oifey is way too OP. The exp drain he causes would not nearly balance out how much he trivilizes the first half a dozen maps of the game. He can still be useful, just nerf his defense a bit, because even the Zambato's barely scratch him.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Yang Kai said:

She really shouldn't have Astra, that's because the Swordmaster class has it and the current gaiden chapter is only a wip preview of what's to come.

Here's an idea for Eyvel - make her a Lyn Lord (renamed, obv), with possible future promotion to renamed Blade Lord. That class IS a myrm in all but name, and its promotion learning bows would be fitting for her.

That is, unless that is exactly what you were planning to do.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well recall Xavier has a high bow rank in Thracia, so making him a dedicated bow knight could be a way of giving him a unique niche to distinguish him from the other Armours (like Heroes should). Or at worst, make him an actual boss in the level that you can't recruit, because who seriously has the will power to get him without abusing save states or expending all their resources?

Thracia Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

When it comes to other Thracia characters to be included, I'd reccomend Miranda. She's actually super important for the plot and lore of Thracia 776. Basically the Sonya of Thracia's 776 (in that she's optional, yet way more plot relevant than her counterpart), but gets pretty overlooked because that games Deen his cooler for knowing Claude and using Staves. Leif's whole motivation to reclaim Ulster, the assault that gets Dorias killed and starts a shift in Leif's character, is all because of an obligation he feels for Miranda. Yet in the more popular and difficult A route, she's just replaced by some random villager that makes Leif seem way rasher in his stupid decision making.

Also I think Arthur should have a Wind Tome like in the original game. I know you've made him Azelle's son, but regardless of his lineage, he's always from Sileese, and I believe Levin actually trained him with magic, so Wind just makes sense for him.

Lastly, I concur with the report that Oifey is way too OP. The exp drain he causes would not nearly balance out how much he trivilizes the first half a dozen maps of the game. He can still be useful, just nerf his defense a bit, because even the Zambato's barely scratch him.

I think i'm going to remake the first Gaiden! to make it play exactly like the original game, but since Eyvel and Olwen are there I think it should be way easier.(Also there's no enemy AI for dancers so the annowing thief on the right side won't steal your good items). And I've noticed Nanna has a low rank in staves and can't use the Rescue I gave her. my bad.

Spoiler

Danmit, I haven't considered Miranda as a playable, and like you said I took Sleif with me in my 2 runs of the game. I guess I'll take her path as am I replaying the game yet again and see how can I adapt her arc into it.

I'll prefer having Arthur as a Fire tome user because he is Azelle's son and inherited his tome, but you do have a point. However currently I've implemented anima split and I don't want him to screw all of Freege's thunder mages.  Maybe I can give him the Elfire tome and Wind tome as well, but Elfire at the start of the game is pretty broken in my opnion. Well anyways, I'll have to think a little before I decide. 

Oifey huh, yeah he's pretty strong, but hey, in the complete game using him will  be pretty bad, because on the long run he won't have the same potential as Ayra's kids, maybe I can get his defense 1 or 2 lower, or perhaps increasing the Zanbato damage instead. 

2 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Here's an idea for Eyvel - make her a Lyn Lord (renamed, obv), with possible future promotion to renamed Blade Lord. That class IS a myrm in all but name, and its promotion learning bows would be fitting for her.

That is, unless that is exactly what you were planning to do.

Nah, I've something better planned to her hehe

29 minutes ago, Navv said:

should lackche have a 4% str growth?

Well... No?

image.png.958dee0adee0cbed88b4c1233c26d870.png

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Questions are 

1.is the game have a full version of it 

2.will the supports be the same as the original like Julia Lana larcei patty other romance options for seliph 

3. Is the glitch that gets Julia and seliph married or no? Just curious u know considering the glitch thing 

4.what are the difference between the original and the gba