Help with Febuilder.

Jaygore

Hey all so, I have been modifying fe 6 and I was editing boss quotes and everything was going great but now for some reason, all bosses don't have their generic quotes, like the whole section disappeared and anytime I try to write or reload or do anything an error message pops up. I also, cannot extend list as nothing pops up for extended data. I uploaded a picture of whats going on,l hopefully someone can help me.

fre builder error.png

UPDATE: So when I put in the number of quotes (35) in the reload section and press reload, all of the characters and quotes pop up., however im still getting the error message when I try to write to rom and still no data to extend with.

fe builder error 2.png

8 minutes ago, Jaygore said:

UPDATE: So when I put in the number of quotes (35) in the reload section and press reload, all of the characters and quotes pop up., however im still getting the error message when I try to write to rom and still no data to extend with.

fe builder error 2.png

Hello Jaygore, I'm not exactly an expert (I've recently just started myself), but it looks like it's an issue with the pointers.

Something must have happened when you were writing onto the rom and something happened to the hexes there were in place. My suggestion is to go back to your latest changes before this address error popped up (before the quotes disappearing) and see what happens when you try to edit again. We could isolate the problem if the same error appear.

2 minutes ago, NeoVerdin said:

Hello Jaygore, I'm not exactly an expert (I've recently just started myself), but it looks like it's an issue with the pointers.

Something must have happened when you were writing onto the rom and something happened to the hexes there were in place. My suggestion is to go back to your latest changes before this address error popped up (before the quotes disappearing) and see what happens when you try to edit again. We could isolate the problem if the same error appear.

Hmmm how would I go about doing that? What I was doing prior to this happens was editing personal boss quotes with different bosses, I only got as far as the first boss. the other issue i'm having, which might prevent me from doing this. It reverts back to some other address and anytime I change it, it constantly reverts back.

fe builder error 3.png

5 minutes ago, Jaygore said:

Hmmm how would I go about doing that? What I was doing prior to this happens was editing personal boss quotes with different bosses, I only got as far as the first boss. the other issue i'm having, which might prevent me from doing this. It reverts back to some other address and anytime I change it, it constantly reverts back.

fe builder error 3.png

When you said editing personal boss quotes with different bosses, do you mean by editing/changing the quote of each individual boss and saving it? If that's the case, I don't see why an error like that will appear. Perhaps, you were setting the completion flag to the wrong marker?

2 minutes ago, NeoVerdin said:

When you said editing personal boss quotes with different bosses, do you mean by editing/changing the quote of each individual boss and saving it? If that's the case, I don't see why an error like that will appear. Perhaps, you were setting the completion flag to the wrong marker?

Oh no I mean like personal boss quotes with player units. Like, for example I edited Damas to have one with everyone in chapter 1. Sorry don't know why I wrote "different bosses" that didn't make sense. Meant to write with different characters.

Edited by Jaygore

5 minutes ago, Jaygore said:

Oh no I mean like personal boss quotes with player units. Like, for example I edited Damas to have one with everyone in chapter 1. Sorry don't know why I wrote "different bosses" that didn't make sense. Meant to write with different characters.

Ah, okay. I get it now, you would like the boss to give a different battle quote for each person he/she is fighting. Like Boss A speaks to Player 1 different from Player 2, and different from Player 3, etc. I can see why there's so many Narshen and Murdock quotes now.

Yes, I think you were setting the completion flag to the wrong markers. See what the program was trying to say when you want to set unique boss conversations? Maybe you had just forgotten to change it? But you did say it constantly reverts back right?

Hm...If that's not the problem, then I'm not really sure what is going on. Maybe someone with more experience on FEBuilder would log in. I wish I could have helped out more.

1 minute ago, NeoVerdin said:

Ah, okay. I get it now, you would like the boss to give a different battle quote for each person he/she is fighting. Like Boss A speaks to Player 1 different from Player 2, and different from Player 3, etc. I can see why there's so many Narshen and Murdock quotes now.

Yes, I think you were setting the completion flag to the wrong markers. See what the program was trying to say when you want to set unique boss conversations? Maybe you had just forgotten to change it? But you did say it constantly reverts back right?

Hm...If that's not the problem, then I'm not really sure what is going on. Maybe someone with more experience on FEBuilder would log in. I wish I could have helped out more.

Hmmm...im not too sure about that I mean for each of the Damas conversations I set the flags differently so one is 14, one is 15 one is 16 and so on, is that what you mean? Also, I should include that the different boss conversations are all good, they work but, the generic boss quotes are completely gone, just in case I didn't make that clear.

8 hours ago, Jaygore said:

Hmmm...im not too sure about that I mean for each of the Damas conversations I set the flags differently so one is 14, one is 15 one is 16 and so on, is that what you mean? Also, I should include that the different boss conversations are all good, they work but, the generic boss quotes are completely gone, just in case I didn't make that clear.

Well, I was thinking, since you're planning to replace all the boss conversations with unique ones, and it works, I don't think you necessarily need generic boss quotes anymore. But I think it'll be best if you leave the original generic boss quote alone as a placeholder. I think this way, the program won't scream at you anymore seeing that you're just adding custom quotes and not removing anything the program things are necessary.

22 minutes ago, NeoVerdin said:

Well, I was thinking, since you're planning to replace all the boss conversations with unique ones, and it works, I don't think you necessarily need generic boss quotes anymore. But I think it'll be best if you leave the original generic boss quote alone as a placeholder. I think this way, the program won't scream at you anymore seeing that you're just adding custom quotes and not removing anything the program things are necessary.

Yeah I was thinking that too. or I could just copy those generic quotes and assign them to a specific unit if im really bothered by it lol. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jaygore said:

Yeah I was thinking that too. or I could just copy those generic quotes and assign them to a specific unit if im really bothered by it lol. Thanks!

You're welcome! Glad to have helped out. :)