Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Soleater

6 minutes ago, Soleater said:

So uh, a roleplay in your own setting?  I mean, if that would help you flesh out the world, that's cool!  But I would need the details as to what's going on, y'know ^^"

I have the world actually fleshed out... more or less. The world is actually more a continent, divided by 8 (well, currently 7, used to be 8 at a much earlier point, time-wise) countries/kingdoms. Their names, landmarks, trails... may need help naming smaller villages along the way, forbidden lands, etc. If you want more info, feel free to PM me, and I'll try to indulge you; I'm very open to criticism, as well as suggestions to improve on what I already have.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dark_Fire27 said:

I have the world actually fleshed out... more or less. The world is actually more a continent, divided by 8 (well, currently 7, used to be 8 at a much earlier point, time-wise) countries/kingdoms. Their names, landmarks, trails... may need help naming smaller villages along the way, forbidden lands, etc. If you want more info, feel free to PM me, and I'll try to indulge you; I'm very open to criticism, as well as suggestions to improve on what I already have.

Alright then!  See you then ^^

22 hours ago, Soleater said:

As a rule, Serenes Forest has it so that you can't start a topic until you have posted a certain number of times, outside of Far from the Forest.

Pardon me, but is this a new rule? The first thing I did was make a topic when I joined. Just wondering, thanks!

4 hours ago, Soleater said:

I was going to respond to this awhile ago, but I forgot ^^"

It's really weird how they just sort of have

orange Anna

Is this a precursor to blue Anna from Awakening???

The world may never know.

latest?cb=20180516044800

There's also a guy who was likely Jake(Anna's beau) early on.

Pegasus Knights also appear, when nowadays they are copyrighted by nintendo.

Awakening Anna is kind of odd in that she's practically a whole new character from the prior depiction of Anna.

6 hours ago, Dark_Fire27 said:

Well, best of luck to your world building! I'll be interesting to see what will it become. :)

15 minutes ago, NeoVerdin said:

Well, best of luck to your world building! I'll be interesting to see what will it become. :)

I very much appreciate it; getting some help to get it polished up, adding a few aspects that I don't believe existed in the games as well. I do hope it turns out with positive results at the end of it.

25 minutes ago, grinus said:

@Dark_Fire27 It's great to see fellow world builders and roleplayers on here! Best of luck to you.  

@grinus I agree. It's so very nice to see so many people with fascinating idea within the realm of Fire Emblem, like the story I'm reading right now by @TheSilentChloey over at written works. While I haven't talked with too many people on Serene yet, I think it's a pretty chill place.

Although, I'm still not getting any help yet on modding FE with Macs, lol. (Maybe they'll recommend me come back to windows. XD)

@NeoVerdin Have you considered using boot camp on your mac to use Windows for specific tasks?  Or maybe you could use something like the virtual box to emulate windows. Tools for Macs always seem to lag behind. I follow the emulation scene closely and it's the same trend there. More projects lean towards windows and Linux. 

Yes!, some really great content and constructive commenting in written works. I ran an AD&D Campaign for a number of years in a heavily modified Forgotten Realms parallel worlds setting and I wrote quite a bit for it. I'm intrigued to see how others would view it once I can actually start a topic. 

Edited by grinus

Hello Everyone!

Been using Serenes Forest almost religiously since I discovered it about a month ago, and have learned a LOT with regards to both FE: Awakening and FE: Fates/Birthright. Really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into maintaining the sight and keeping the forums running.

Hoping to get a new/my first play-through HM/No-Grind PMU here soon and can't wait to see what comes up next.

5 hours ago, grinus said:

@NeoVerdin Have you considered using boot camp on your mac to use Windows for specific tasks?  Or maybe you could use something like the virtual box to emulate windows. Tools for Macs always seem to lag behind. I follow the emulation scene closely and it's the same trend there. More projects lean towards windows and Linux. 

Yes!, some really great content and constructive commenting in written works. I ran an AD&D Campaign for a number of years in a heavily modified Forgotten Realms parallel worlds setting and I wrote quite a bit for it. I'm intrigued to see how others would view it once I can actually start a topic. 

@grinus I never was the tech-savvy type of person so when it comes to cross-platform, I have very little clue on what to do. I do utilize my terminal a lot working with computers, though it's mostly for basic scripting and not really programming. Wish I had learned more CompSci when I was in school, lol.

Hello Everyone!

Been using Serenes Forest almost religiously since I discovered it about a month ago, and have learned a LOT with regards to both FE: Awakening and FE: Fates/Birthright. Really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into maintaining the sight and keeping the forums running.

Hoping to get a new/my first play-through HM/No-Grind PMU here soon and can't wait to see what comes up next.

@DicesMuse Welcome to the forums! Best of luck on your HM/No-grind PMU!

Edited by NeoVerdin

12 hours ago, NeoVerdin said:

@grinus I agree. It's so very nice to see so many people with fascinating idea within the realm of Fire Emblem, like the story I'm reading right now by @TheSilentChloey over at written works. While I haven't talked with too many people on Serene yet, I think it's a pretty chill place.

Although, I'm still not getting any help yet on modding FE with Macs, lol. (Maybe they'll recommend me come back to windows. XD)

I've been actually toying with the idea of a Fire Emblem setting that's filled with Manaketes - humans are all but extinct; once I get into rom hacking, I'd love to turn it into a SS or FE7 hack ^^

2 hours ago, DicesMuse said:

Hello Everyone!

Heya!  Nice to meet you, and good luck on your PMU!  (Which units have been picked btw?)

1 hour ago, Soleater said:

I've been actually toying with the idea of a Fire Emblem setting that's filled with Manaketes - humans are all but extinct; once I get into rom hacking, I'd love to turn it into a SS or FE7 hack ^^

Usually its the opposite, Manaketes are going extinct in favor of humanity.

It could be interesting, but there'd have to be more variation on Manakete playable units, I think. In the official games, we are pretty much limited to getting Tiki clones for playable Manaketes.

21 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Usually its the opposite, Manaketes are going extinct in favor of humanity.

It could be interesting, but there'd have to be more variation on Manakete playable units, I think. In the official games, we are pretty much limited to getting Tiki clones for playable Manaketes.

Oh of course!  I was thinking of using the SD version of Manketes, where you turn into a dragon separate from your attack, and transforming would take up an action, like dancing or rallying - most enemies would be able to transform, BUT that doesn't mean they can't use other weapons.

Generally, fully transformed Manaketes would be good at dealing damage against untransformed enemies (attacking with magic always instead of physically, save for maybe Earth Dragons, if I include them), however, Manaketes in this version would be more favoring Resistance rather than Defense generally, so while they'd be able to tank magic, physical weapons, like swords and the like, would deal pretty decent damage against them.  Additionally, while Manaketes can fight other Manaketes without too much problem, Fire and Ice breath would deal extra damage against each other, and (if I use them I'm still not sure) Earth and Wind(or Flying) dragons would be resistance to each other; while Divine Dragons (you probably only get one in the game as a playable character) would be able to deal bonus damage to all types - including themselves.  Also, effective against dragon bonuses would only apply when the manakete is transformed.  Obviously different characters would have different strengths as transformed dragons, but the idea is to encourage switching between the forms.  No idea what I'm doing for mounted units - obviously no Wyvern Riders, but I was thinking of maybe throwing in Griffons as the replacement?  Mostly I say this because most dragons probably wouldn't have wings when transformed, with only Wind (Flying) and Divine dragons being able to fly.  Also if I do throw in mounts, the manaketes would automatically dismount when they transform into a dragon, and remount when they go back to a humanoid form.

The main tribes I know I'm adding are Ice, Fire, and Divine, with all of the tribes being kind of independent, with their own leaders, but with Divine being really in charge (like, the leaders of their tribes being governors, but the Divine Dragon council being king).  And when the Divine Dragon council suddenly collapses, with the royalty completely disappearing, the other tribes are thrown into chaos.

It's kind of bare bones at the moment, but I was thinking of setting in the the perspective of a young Ice Dragon princess, at least, and her trying to preserve the life she once knew through violent bloodshed; by killing those who would threaten her homeland.

Edited by Soleater

@NeoVerdin Welcome to the forums! Best of luck on your HM/No-grind PMU!

Thanks! I really appreciate it! Just finished my first playthrough in Hard Mode just this morning and was pretty stoked. This time hoping to go through again with a bit more of a "traditional" challenge as I get more acclimated with the rules.

@Soleater Heya!  Nice to meet you, and good luck on your PMU!  (Which units have been picked btw?)

The list hasn't been completed yet, and was hoping to start a new thread but I seem to not be able to start a new topic yet (likely to prevent spamming which is all good). The direct link to the PMU I have started on Reddit is in my signature, but pasting below for clarification (and because I'm actually kind of excited on the list):

CURRENT PMU PICKS (11/16):
Myrmidon->Assassin!MaMU (+Def/-Mag)
[Class]!Tiki
Bow Knight!Chrom
[Class]!Nowi
[Class]!Ricken
Manakete!Tiki!Morgan
Dark Knight!Ricken!Nah
Sniper!Virion
Assassin!Kellam
[Class]!Panne
Griffon Rider!Virion!Yarne

CURRENT PAIRINGS:
Tiki x MaMU (Morgan)
Nowi x Ricken (Nah)
Panne x Virion (Yarne)
  • If anyone here happens to have any they'd like to add let me know. Hoping to keep a log of the play-through on Reddit/Discord and here on the forums if I'm allowed. Really excite!

24 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Oh of course!  I was thinking of using the SD version of Manketes, where you turn into a dragon separate from your attack, and transforming would take up an action, like dancing or rallying - most enemies would be able to transform, BUT that doesn't mean they can't use other weapons.

Generally, fully transformed Manaketes would be good at dealing damage against untransformed enemies (attacking with magic always instead of physically, save for maybe Earth Dragons, if I include them), however, Manaketes in this version would be more favoring Resistance rather than Defense generally, so while they'd be able to tank magic, physical weapons, like swords and the like, would deal pretty decent damage against them.  Additionally, while Manaketes can fight other Manaketes without too much problem, Fire and Ice breath would deal extra damage against each other, and (if I use them I'm still not sure) Earth and Wind(or Flying) dragons would be resistance to each other; while Divine Dragons (you probably only get one in the game as a playable character) would be able to deal bonus damage to all types - including themselves.  Also, effective against dragon bonuses would only apply when the manakete is transformed.  Obviously different characters would have different strengths as transformed dragons, but the idea is to encourage switching between the forms.  No idea what I'm doing for mounted units - obviously no Wyvern Riders, but I was thinking of maybe throwing in Griffons as the replacement?  Mostly I say this because most dragons probably wouldn't have wings when transformed, with only Wind (Flying) and Divine dragons being able to fly.  Also if I do throw in mounts, the manaketes would automatically dismount when they transform into a dragon, and remount when they go back to a humanoid form.

The main tribes I know I'm adding are Ice, Fire, and Divine, with all of the tribes being kind of independent, with their own leaders, but with Divine being really in charge (like, the leaders of their tribes being governors, but the Divine Dragon council being king).  And when the Divine Dragon council suddenly collapses, with the royalty completely disappearing, the other tribes are thrown into chaos.

It's kind of bare bones at the moment, but I was thinking of setting in the the perspective of a young Ice Dragon princess, at least, and her trying to preserve the life she once knew through violent bloodshed; by killing those who would threaten her homeland.

The SNES and Tearring Saga version right. In Tearring Saga, Manaketes Emiyu, have human classes like Priest before they transform with their item.

That could be interesting.

Funnily in FE3, Ice Dragons weakness to fire was pretty bad when Tiki transformed into one because fire was everywhere, even used by Ballistas. Conversely only Ice Breath and a wind tome dealt Ice Damage!

Dragon wings disappear or reappear depending on the artists. Fire Dragons have always had wings,  sometimes of flame, though they've only flown on rare occasions yet never are flying units. Several other Dragons also have wings that disappear and reappear.

I have some gameplay hack ideas myself.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The SNES and Tearring Saga version right. In Tearring Saga, Manaketes Emiyu, have human classes like Priest before they transform with their item.

That could be interesting.

Funnily in FE3, Ice Dragons weakness to fire was pretty bad when Tiki transformed into one because fire was everywhere, even used by Ballistas. Conversely only Ice Breath and a wind tome dealt Ice Damage!

Dragon wings disappear or reappear depending on the artists. Fire Dragons have always had wings,  sometimes of flame, though they've only flown on rare occasions yet never are flying units. Several other Dragons also have wings that disappear and reappear.

I have some gameplay hack ideas myself.

No idea about anything that happens in Tearring - haven't gotten around to playing it ^^"

I thought Ice and Fire in the original were good against each other?

I know that, but I think it would be overpowered if every unit could fly - Ice Dragons are rarely depicted with wings, usually even being partly sea or water dragons, and Fire Dragons are sort of half and half.  I just didn't want every unit to have the power to fly at the touch of a button.

What kind of ideas?

1 hour ago, grinus said:

Wow people have Fates editors??  That's actually really cool o-o

1 hour ago, Soleater said:

No idea about anything that happens in Tearring - haven't gotten around to playing it ^^"

I know that, but I think it would be overpowered if every unit could fly - Ice Dragons are rarely depicted with wings, usually even being partly sea or water dragons, and Fire Dragons are sort of half and half.  I just didn't want every unit to have the power to fly at the touch of a button.

What kind of ideas?

Ice and Fire dragons are effective against one another. Ice Dragons also take extra damage from various fire human weapons like bolagnon and Hoistflamme, while Fire Dragons take extra damage from an ice tome.

Makes sense.

Most of them involve rebalancing classes, characters, weapons and units. Also I have considered adding more mini bosses. I can elaborate if you want?

6 hours ago, Soleater said:

Oh sweet, a world of Dragons. :3 Have you also though about Demon Dragons? >:D

Hello there!

Well, thanks for let me know about that rule, I read and use SereneForest few times at week, so i decided to join me in forums for meet new people and hang out arround. ^^

5 hours ago, Reck said:

Hello there!

Well, thanks for let me know about that rule, I read and use SereneForest few times at week, so i decided to join me in forums for meet new people and hang out arround. ^^

No problem!  Glad to have you in this forum! ^^

15 hours ago, NeoVerdin said:

Oh sweet, a world of Dragons. :3 Have you also though about Demon Dragons? >:D

Yeah of course!  :D  Because DRAGONS!  And honestly no?  Because Mage and Demon Dragons sort of get lumped together, and I can't decide if they should be their own race, corrupted dragons, or something else along those lines...*shrug*

Ooh, I figured there was some kind of post quota before making a topic when I joined.

...But I didn't know where to start posting if not an intro thread. So thank you for this!

57 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Ooh, I figured there was some kind of post quota before making a topic when I joined.

...But I didn't know where to start posting if not an intro thread. So thank you for this!

Np!!  Hope you really enjoy your stay! 

So you like Blazing Sword, huh?  Never played it - how is it?

8 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Np!!  Hope you really enjoy your stay! 

So you like Blazing Sword, huh?  Never played it - how is it?

I'm sure a lot of people will say that it hasn't aged well, (going back to it after getting used to newer game mechanics ain't easy) but it was my first FE game so I'm a little biased. It's a solid game; I'd recommend it.