Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Soleater

10 hours ago, Soleater said:

Yeah of course!  :D  Because DRAGONS!  And honestly no?  Because Mage and Demon Dragons sort of get lumped together, and I can't decide if they should be their own race, corrupted dragons, or something else along those lines...*shrug*

Hehehe. Well, in the end, the creative decision is all yours anyways. Choice was you like best. :3

15 hours ago, Reck said:

Hello there!

Well, thanks for let me know about that rule, I read and use SereneForest few times at week, so i decided to join me in forums for meet new people and hang out arround. ^^

Why hello there! Welcome to the forums! As you browse around, I'm sure you've find people from all walks of life hanging around. :)

7 hours ago, Scoot said:

Ooh, I figured there was some kind of post quota before making a topic when I joined.

...But I didn't know where to start posting if not an intro thread. So thank you for this!

Everyone got to start somewhere right? ;) Have a fun time on the forums, there are many interesting things to check out here.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooOOOOH SO THAT'S WHAT I HAD TO DO.

Well then. Like the second person whomst'd've posted on this topic, I have asked around to no avail on how to post a topic (Honestly, they should tell you that as soon you get an account). Well then. Oh yeah, I should also introduce myself. I'm Bacon the beast, but you can just call me Bacon. Or Dave, if you want. I'm a newbie who is going to try to make a fire emblem 8 hack as soon as i get a new pc (Which should be tomorrow, actually). There is not really much else I have to say about me. I like memes, I guess. Also, I like fire emblem, but that was probably obious. I also have a discord (which no one probably cares about).

Ok I guess that's my (very horribly made) introduction. Hopefully I will get to know how to do stuff around here and not completely abandon the whole site cause I'm a lazy piece of garbage.

Edit: If ya wanna  know how newbie I am, I even asked staff on how to make a topic.

Edited by BacontheBeast
Cause i forgit stuff i was 'posed to put in

10 hours ago, NeoVerdin said:

Hehehe. Well, in the end, the creative decision is all yours anyways. Choice was you like best. :3

Yeah know I'm even less sure if I want to add in Mage/Demon Dragons, since I came up with a "Breath Advantage Table" if you will, and I think it's pretty okay?  Idk what would happen if I threw in more than five types of dragons into it...But I think I could make it work, if Mage dragons end up fitting but idk honestly ^^"

1 hour ago, BacontheBeast said:

oooOOOOH SO THAT'S WHAT I HAD TO DO.

Well then. Like the second person whomst'd've posted on this topic, I have asked around to no avail on how to post a topic (Honestly, they should tell you that as soon you get an account). Well then. Oh yeah, I should also introduce myself. I'm Bacon the beast, but you can just call me Bacon. Or Dave, if you want. I'm a newbie who is going to try to make a fire emblem 8 hack as soon as i get a new pc (Which should be tomorrow, actually). There is not really much else I have to say about me. I like memes, I guess. Also, I like fire emblem, but that was probably obious. I also have a discord (which no one probably cares about).

Ok I guess that's my (very horribly made) introduction. Hopefully I will get to know how to do stuff around here and not completely abandon the whole site cause I'm a lazy piece of garbage.

Edit: If ya wanna  know how newbie I am, I even asked staff on how to make a topic.

Yeah it's not made super obvious?  But the reason is so spam bots don't flood the site - a completely understandable reason, to me at least.

Either way, welcome!!  I'm not what you would call...a veteran of this site either (I'm fairly new too), but I hope we get along ^^

I'm looking to hack FE 8 too!  What are you trying to hack it into?

@Scoot (would have quoted you, but you responded on the page before and I didn't want to deal with the headache of trying to quote you over here, so ^^")

FE7, 6, and 8 - those are games I really want to play.  Although, as someone who has only played FE13 and above, can I ask you a question?

...What the heck is weight in the context of Fire Emblem, and what does it do?

23 minutes ago, Soleater said:

I'm looking to hack FE 8 too!  What are you trying to hack it into?

I guess to start I'll just make a random story with some random characters (perhaps some custom classes?). I mean, I don't have any experience making hacks before but hey, gotta start somewhere am i right?

25 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Either way, welcome!!  I'm not what you would call...a veteran of this site either (I'm fairly new too), but I hope we get along ^^

I know i didn't put them in the right order but i'm too tired to care right now.

Well I hope we can get along as well.

Ok that was stupid I don't know how to respond to stuff.

Ok that was it I guess (I'm so bad at socializing. You'd think I'm some kinda nerd who posts stuff at forums all day).

@Soleater Weight determines whether or not a unit can follow-up attack. Heavier weapons are usually stronger, but have a harder time hitting twice. I think speed and constitution play a role too, but I'm not exactly an expert.

4 hours ago, BacontheBeast said:

I guess to start I'll just make a random story with some random characters (perhaps some custom classes?). I mean, I don't have any experience making hacks before but hey, gotta start somewhere am i right?

I know i didn't put them in the right order but i'm too tired to care right now.

Well I hope we can get along as well.

Ok that was stupid I don't know how to respond to stuff.

Ok that was it I guess (I'm so bad at socializing. You'd think I'm some kinda nerd who posts stuff at forums all day).

So mostly just messing around until something sticks?  I can respect that, honestly ^^

Yeah, it's almost as if we're a bunch of anti-social nerds trying to socialize with each other using an anime-aesthetically driven tactical roleplaying game as a means to that end.

almost

@Scoot But it was removed in older games, and replaces with just Speed as the determining factor?

...Also what's Constitution?  I'm so sorry I'm trying v hard to understand the older games because they look so cool ;-;

It feels like Fates was trying to replicate this weight system with the weapon debuffs?  That every time you try to use a Silver Weapon, it would, say, debuff you -5 STR and SPD.

...I always had a problem with the system because you recover from debuffs very slowly (recover one point of whatever stat every turn, regardless of how much you loss from the debuff x.x)

Edited by Soleater

3 hours ago, Soleater said:

Yeah, it's almost as if we're a bunch of anti-social nerds trying to socialize with each other using an anime-aesthetically driven tactical roleplaying game as a means to that end.

almost

It could be a lot worse, though, I'm sure... Of course, I don't really know how it could be, though you can consider this as one of my signature lines, I guess?

7 hours ago, Soleater said:

@Scoot But it was removed in older games, and replaces with just Speed as the determining factor?

...Also what's Constitution?  I'm so sorry I'm trying v hard to understand the older games because they look so cool ;-;

It feels like Fates was trying to replicate this weight system with the weapon debuffs?  That every time you try to use a Silver Weapon, it would, say, debuff you -5 STR and SPD.

...I always had a problem with the system because you recover from debuffs very slowly (recover one point of whatever stat every turn, regardless of how much you loss from the debuff x.x)

Well, I don't know about the other games, but in the gba titles it goes a little like this:

All weapons have a weight. If your constitution (Size) is equal or higher than the weapons weight, you get no penalties. If your constitution is lower than the weapon's weight, your speed is decreased. If your speed is double or more the speed of the enemy, you attack twice. The same goes for the enemy. That's why you're more likely to double people if you use iron weapons, as those are lighter than steel and silver. Just gonna repeat that constitution is the size of your character, and affects how much weight you can carry without penalites. Con (Constitution) also affects rescues, as if the rescuers "aid" is lower than the rescued con, they can't rescue them.

I hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Dark_Fire27 said:

It could be a lot worse, though, I'm sure... Of course, I don't really know how it could be, though you can consider this as one of my signature lines, I guess?

It can ALWAYS get worse :3

4 hours ago, BacontheBeast said:

Well, I don't know about the other games, but in the gba titles it goes a little like this:

All weapons have a weight. If your constitution (Size) is equal or higher than the weapons weight, you get no penalties. If your constitution is lower than the weapon's weight, your speed is decreased. If your speed is double or more the speed of the enemy, you attack twice. The same goes for the enemy. That's why you're more likely to double people if you use iron weapons, as those are lighter than steel and silver. Just gonna repeat that constitution is the size of your character, and affects how much weight you can carry without penalites. Con (Constitution) also affects rescues, as if the rescuers "aid" is lower than the rescued con, they can't rescue them.

I hope this helps.

This feels a lot more fair than just Fates' "you get a very hard to recover from debuff for existing with these weapons" system, and I can see why come games may have dropped the system (like Awakening and Valentia...although I don't know if Gaiden even had a system like this to begin with), but it does seem like an interesting mechanic to play around with ^^

And yes it does, thank you ^u^

@Soleater  Gaiden didn't even use a weapon triangle and the only reason the debuff system was added in fates was in an attempt to fix what they broke by taking out weapon durability and losing the rock paper scissors mechanic of the combat system. Overall, Fates was a complete mess in dialogue, map design, and game mechanics. The dragon veins were the only interesting addition to the game.  I think it is my least favorite game of the series. 

Hello! I just joined today! My name is Maya! I first got into fire emblem when my best friend (now girlfriend) was enthusing about Fates shortly before it came out. I picked up a copy of Conquest and fell in love with it. I played Birthright and Revelations, then went back and played Awakening, Sacred Stones, Blazing Blade, and some others. I absolutely loved Shadows of Valentia! I am currently attempting to play Path of Radiance (though I am already well informed about the plot). I've played Fire Emblem Heroes every day (excluding one week where I didn't have internet access) since launch, with my main heroes being Sanaki, Elise, Azura, and Hector, and I occasionally switch in Hana, L'Arachel, and Setsuna. I really love Fire Emblem, and I would love to chat with some other fans in a more serious community than instagram. Please excuse some typos, I am dyslexic and have difficultly proofreading my writing sometimes. Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did! :D:

(Note that I am a minor, so please don't message me drastically inappropriate content. Thanks!)

Oh! I also draw a bit if anyone is interested in looking at some of my (admittedly really gay) artwork!

Edited by periiwrinkles

hi i'm austin i've been here for 9 years and practically grew up on this forum via the FE4THREAD

zzzz don't be like me

@periiwrinkles   I'm fairly new here as well. I would love to see some of your artwork! I've been meaning to start drawing again also. I was an art major in college a very long time ago. 

I have been teaching myself Unity, various sprite/animation packages and writing stories for a year now. Hopefully, I can create something interesting and fun reminiscent of POR in the future.

@grinus I liked (SOME) of Conquest's maps - stuff like chapter...10?  The one where you have to defend the town and where you get Camilla, at least, were pretty good (frustrating, but in a good way).  But yeah the game mechanics and especially the writing were definitely sore spots :/

And by "system" I meant a weight system, not a weapon triangle.

54 minutes ago, periiwrinkles said:

Hello! I just joined today! My name is Maya! I first got into fire emblem when my best friend (now girlfriend) was enthusing about Fates shortly before it came out. I picked up a copy of Conquest and fell in love with it. I played Birthright and Revelations, then went back and played Awakening, Sacred Stones, Blazing Blade, and some others. I absolutely loved Shadows of Valentia! I am currently attempting to play Path of Radiance (though I am already well informed about the plot). I've played Fire Emblem Heroes every day (excluding one week where I didn't have internet access) since launch, with my main heroes being Sanaki, Elise, Azura, and Hector, and I occasionally switch in Hana, L'Arachel, and Setsuna. I really love Fire Emblem, and I would love to chat with some other fans in a more serious community than instagram. Please excuse some typos, I am dyslexic and have difficultly proofreading my writing sometimes. Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did! :D:

(Note that I am a minor, so please don't message me drastically inappropriate content. Thanks!)

Oh! I also draw a bit if anyone is interested in looking at some of my (admittedly really gay) artwork!

Hey welcome!!  It's great to meet you! :D  I'm totally up for talking about FE!  I started with Awakening, mostly because when I saw Corrin released as DLC, I got interesting in Fire Emblem as a franchise, but since Fates wasn't out yet, I borrowed Awakening and loved it.  Got Awakening myself, and then got my hands on Fates, had some mixed feelings with it (if you couldn't tell above ^^""""""), then got Valentia, and love it too!!!  I got into Heroes late, but I still managed to get some good pulls!  My current, and favorite team is (Horse) Chrom, (Brave) Lucina, (Grima) F!Robin, and M!Morgan ^u^

Also don't worry about typos or anything like that!

Oh, can I see your drawings?  Can you link me or something?

1 hour ago, Roxas said:

hi i'm austin i've been here for 9 years and practically grew up on this forum via the FE4THREAD

zzzz don't be like me

Heyo!!  How's it going? ^^

6 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Heyo!!  How's it going? ^^

feeling nostalgic every time i open up this forum to check out FFTF even though most of my friends and I haven't been very active for nearly five years now.

otherwise killing time over the summer waiting for medical school to start. :tangerinesadness:

18 minutes ago, Roxas said:

feeling nostalgic every time i open up this forum to check out FFTF even though most of my friends and I haven't been very active for nearly five years now.

otherwise killing time over the summer waiting for medical school to start. :tangerinesadness:

FFTF?  I'm a bit new, so I'm not sure what that means?  O-O"

Oh, you go to medical school?  That's cool ^^

Just now, Soleater said:

FFTF?  I'm a bit new, so I'm not sure what that means?  O-O"

Oh, you go to medical school?  That's cool ^^

FFTF is far from the forest, the off topic board. FE4THREAD is that stupid big thread

3 minutes ago, Roxas said:

FFTF is far from the forest, the off topic board. FE4THREAD is that stupid big thread

*Just checked out the F4 Thread* ...Huh, it looks fun, but I don't know much about FE4 besides the Deirdre and Arvis situation (*nervous sweating*), the royal barbecue, holy blooded people, Julius is literally the worst person, and Naga has a bible now (oh and so does, I think, evil Naga, Loptyr).  Idk I'm just guessing - I am interested in the game though, so I'm trying not to spoil it beyond that ^^""""""

7 minutes ago, Soleater said:

*Just checked out the F4 Thread* ...Huh, it looks fun, but I don't know much about FE4 besides the Deirdre and Arvis situation (*nervous sweating*), the royal barbecue, holy blooded people, Julius is literally the worst person, and Naga has a bible now (oh and so does, I think, evil Naga, Loptyr).  Idk I'm just guessing - I am interested in the game though, so I'm trying not to spoil it beyond that ^^""""""

we literally never talk about FE4

3 minutes ago, NeoVerdin said:

Lol what? Then what do you guys usually talk about over there? XD

that is a grEAT QUESTION my guy

4 hours ago, periiwrinkles said:

Welcome; though rather new myself, I do hope that you enjoy your stay here, and whatever artwork you do, is probably better than what I'm capable of doing. XD

OwO, I just got here a few minutes ago. I'm a night owl for the most part. I got into fire emblem when Awakening came out but I finally found a place to talk to others that are also interested in the game so I hope its fun. I also played Echoes, Birthright, Revelations, Conquest. And currently playing through Path Of Radiance and Blazing Blade. I'm also currently playing through a Corrin only run in birthright and it's pretty fun so far. Can't wait for the next Fire Emblem, hope it's showed during E3 in some way or another. ٩(。͡•‿•。)۶

8 minutes ago, JustASin said:

OwO, I just got here a few minutes ago. I'm a night owl for the most part. I got into fire emblem when Awakening came out but I finally found a place to talk to others that are also interested in the game so I hope its fun. I also played Echoes, Birthright, Revelations, Conquest. And currently playing through Path Of Radiance and Blazing Blade. I'm also currently playing through a Corrin only run in birthright and it's pretty fun so far. Can't wait for the next Fire Emblem, hope it's showed during E3 in some way or another. ٩(。͡•‿•。)۶

Hahaha, you're playing everything out there! Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)